Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

what is the screenshot

Bad Elementalist

Livesteam, That Screenshot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

yea a bit of context would be awesome here for those of us that didnt watch it lol

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

its for those who did watch

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

At the end of POI (in which they said GW1 lore would figure heavily in the next chapters of LS) they said there would be a teaser trailer coming Tuesday. The first half will be recap, the second half will have teaser shots from chapter 5. And they gave us this shot.

edit: Sorry it’s a bit small, I didn’t have my Twitch screen maxed on my monitor when I hit the Snip tool.

Attachments:

Posted by: XyAltAcc.2096

XyAltAcc.2096

^ninja’d

Screenshot here:

Attachments:

Xyros

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

so exclusive. much wow.

Bad Elementalist

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

Look up abaddon on the wiki and see the resemblance ;-)

(edited by particlepinata.9865)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Abaddon, is that you?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I’m not so sure about Abaddon, since technically he’s dead…is there any resemblance to Grenth? Look at the hands though, those are distinctly claws and not fingers.

(edited by Zaklex.6308)

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, it looks like a big statue of Abaddon.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Kantos.1730

Kantos.1730

I think it is just a statue. It may be a statue to a human god. Not so sure about that.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It looks like a statue to Abbadon. If it is, it means we’re going into the Crystal Desert, the one place on Tyria where such a statue might exist.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

It looks like a statue to Abbadon. If it is, it means we’re going into the Crystal Desert, the one place on Tyria where such a statue might exist.

orr has abbadon stuff

lordkrall.7241

Actually I think there are more potential statues of Abaddon in Orr than there are in Crystal Desert.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Abaddon was from Elona
Abaddon had a temple in Orr
Elona is right next door to Orr

hmmm are we going to get Elona and not Cantha this time?

lordkrall.7241

Abaddon was from Elona
Abaddon had a temple in Orr
Elona is right next door to Orr

hmmm are we going to get Elona and not Cantha this time?

I am completely sure that Abaddon was NOT from Elona.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Inc.4753

Inc.4753

orr has abbadon stuff

The dome in the background seems to be of a different style than the architecture from Orr.

Speaking of that dome, is there any info we can get from its decorations? The icon in the bottom left has a slight resemblance to the Shining Blade icon, but doesn’t match exactly. The rest seem to be a solar system, perhaps a link to the vision we got in Omadd’s machine?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m not sure I get the crystal desert/elona speculation, since the current season revolves around Mordremoth. I suppose it could link to wherever Rytlock went, but they have said they don’t have the resources to do multiple story arcs, so if it is Abaddon, it will likely involve Maguuma or existing zones somehow.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Abaddon came from Nightfall for the first Guild Wars. That is Elona. He was the God of Water and Secrets

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

In the solar thing in the dome is something written in new krytan, can anyone tanslate that?
Part is covered by the statue’s head, but part of the text in both sides are clearly visible.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

lordkrall.7241

Abaddon came from Nightfall for the first Guild Wars. That is Elona. He was the God of Water and Secrets

The NPC as such turned up in Nightfall yes. But the actual character was NOT from Elona none of the “original” Six Gods were. Or from Tyria for that matter.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

I remember when we voted for a new fractal between the Thaumanova Reactor or an Abbadon fractal we were told that both would eventually be in the game. Maybe this is a hint that the Abbadon fractal will be coming soon, possibly where Rytlock ended up.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I remember when we voted for a new fractal between the Thaumanova Reactor or an Abbadon fractal we were told that both would eventually be in the game. Maybe this is a hint that the Abbadon fractal will be coming soon, possibly where Rytlock ended up.

I too have pondered how the Abaddon fractal would have fit into the story back then. Could be interesting for sure.

lordkrall.7241

We remember it very differently. I quite clearly remember them saying that they would NOT do both Fractals.

We will not make both fractals.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/cutthroat/IMO-ArenaNet-favors-Evon-Unfair/first#post2473417

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

it’s probably a gw1 concept design or someting

edit: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:%22Abbaddon_God_Statue%22_concept_art_1.jpg

this is it.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

We remember it very differently. I quite clearly remember them saying that they would NOT do both Fractals.

We will not make both fractals.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/cutthroat/IMO-ArenaNet-favors-Evon-Unfair/first#post2473417

Wow good memory I could have sworn I heard something about the runner up being added sometime down the road. Oh well.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Actually I think there are more potential statues of Abaddon in Orr than there are in Crystal Desert.

While true, this one is too clean. The statue and everything around it doesn’t have even a hint of corruption.

As for why the Crystal Desert is suspected, it’s because of the Pale Tree’s vision and the recent involvement of the Zephyrites, who we know have a connection to Glint. Glint’s lair, being in the Crystal Desert, and now a statue of Abbadon, who’s downfall happened in the Crystal Sea (now desert)? How many hints do we need?

Granted, people could be misinterpreting the hints, but that could be true of any conclusion.

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

nice find simon,
those serpent wings are pretty cool, i think suigintou from rozen maiden would destroy him though d:
fun fact: the voice actress of taimi did the american dub of that anime :p
incredibly dorky post i’know, sry ._.

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Inc.4753

In the solar thing in the dome is something written in new krytan, can anyone tanslate that?
Part is covered by the statue’s head, but part of the text in both sides are clearly visible.

On reddit they determined it to be some old ascalonian writing. Using wiki I came to the following:

’ BEWARE T…(insert giant statue) KT(?) KEPT’

The KT? part I’m not sure of. ‘KEPT’ might refer to keeping a secret, which would fit nicely with Abaddon being associated with secrets. It does however raise the question why the text is in old Ascalonian, as I’m not aware of any connection between specifically Ascalon and Abaddon.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I still pose this question to everyone…how does a dead and destroyed God(end of Nightfall) relate to the current state of affairs(remember, his powers where split between Lyssa and Kormir…Abaddon is no more).

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

He probably doesn’t, other than possible relics hidden at a shrine or temple.

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I still pose this question to everyone…how does a dead and destroyed God(end of Nightfall) relate to the current state of affairs(remember, his powers where split between Lyssa and Kormir…Abaddon is no more).

The dragon’s like snacking on delicious magical relics. The god of secrets might have a couple stashed around.

Inc.4753

The connection is magic. The Elder Dragons are all about magic, they consume it and are said to keep the amount of magic balanced (in a way). Abaddon was a god that is also said to have a connection to magic (from the wiki: ‘He is also associated with Depths, Knowledge and Magic.’). He also started his own rebellion when the other gods wanted to restrict magic again behind the bloodstone.

Something else:

Earlier, someone suggested the statue was a largos, and looking at the concept art that is featured on the wiki, the statue could resemble a largos without its wings. Now that we seem to have determined it is Abaddon, I was wondering whether there is a possibility Abaddon was in fact a Largos (or a predecessor) before ascending to godhood. According to the GW1 wiki Abaddon got his powers from another god, thus suggesting he was not always a god (and that means he could have been a mortal). It would also fit with the attributes ‘water’ and ‘secrets’, as the Largos live in/under water and don’t talk very much.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That doesn’t mean his worshipers are gone, though. They might be trying to revive him, or make him “reborn” in a new body/host for all we know.

They’d need a huge surge of magic and life force to do that, though. Maybe an Elder Dragon’s worth, if you can find a way to fit it onto the altar…

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

Architecture (well, from the little part we see reminds me of the Grand Court of Sebelkeh mission….

Varesh is attempting to turn the once holy site of the Sebelkeh Basilica into a portal for Abaddon’s minions. Enter the Basilica and close the torment rifts before Abaddon’s The Blasphemy corrupts the Altar of Lyssa.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Grand_Court_of_Sebelkeh

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

Just so everybody is aware, in GW1 there was a map far off the beaten path, deep inside the Maguma jungle (it was/is) the area south/west of where Drytop is. (name currently alludes me).

There wasn’t much in this area, except for a path that led to some ruins and a statue of Balthazar. Similar (and currently also still in GW2) there was a statue to Grenth in the Shiver Peaks. There was also a cave with a statue of Lyssa, currently inaccessible in GW2. There was a Dwayna statue in Ascalon, and I am not sure if I ever saw a Melandru statue around in GW1, BUT! There is a melandru statue in GW2, it’s under water and it’s being Woooooooorshipped.

So seeing there are statues of the gods all scattered around Tyria (besides the ‘6’ in the now swamp). This would lead one to conclude that there might indeed be a temple/statue dedicated to Abaddon somewhere forgotten en deep inside the jungle…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA