Living Story 2/3 UI (Green Text)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

How do I turn this off? I’ve done it on several toons, not interested in doing on my new toon, but every time I click “Quit this Episode”, it pops back up again as soon as I zone.

I don’t want to see it on my UI at all. Anyone know?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only way to remove Story from the UI is to complete it.

Good luck.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The only way to remove Story from the UI is to complete it.

This. Or activate another one that isn’t completed yet, but that will result in the display of a green UI story indicator as well.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

You can get rid of the double pointer there by setting the “content guide” in general options to “disable personal story”, which at least restores the arrow pointing to the nearest dynamic event.

Not a fix, but better than nothing. I gotta run through LS2 on one of my characters for just this reason, and I keep putting it off because “too soon”.

Chuo.4238

You can get rid of the double pointer there by setting the “content guide” in general options to “disable personal story”, which at least restores the arrow pointing to the nearest dynamic event.

Not a fix, but better than nothing. I gotta run through LS2 on one of my characters for just this reason, and I keep putting it off because “too soon”.

Yea it’s annoying.

I love you ArenaNet, I’ve been running around Tyria for over 10 years…but man, the GW2 UI is the worst of any game I’ve ever played, and definitely a big, big step backwards from the far superior GW1 UI. I don’t know why it’s so bad, what the developmental reasoning behind it was, but it feels very, very cheap and lazy.

Some options to turn on/off the different parts of the UI, and perhaps (gasp!) the ability to actually MOVE things around would be a very good start in the right direction!

Chuo.4238

Some options to turn on/off the different parts of the UI, and perhaps (gasp!) the ability to actually MOVE things around would be a very good start in the right direction!

Alternatively, you could let us use addons to do this. If it saves on developmental effort. Just a thought.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Alternatively, you could let us use addons to do this. If it saves on developmental effort. Just a thought.

It generally doesn’t, though, since the cost of making things open for customization in arbitrary ways is a lot higher than letting them be changed in limited ways, which in turn is a lot more costly than not letting them be changed.

It also opens up an endless sea of security related issues in the game, which have a large and ongoing cost. See whatever WoW addon exploits came in after the “toggle nameplates in combat allows detecting casting, allowing automated interrupts on demand” was figured out a couple years back.