Living Story Party Achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

For the current living story, I know that my progress is not saved if I join a friend, so I guess that means I will have to do it alone only with each of my characters.

My question is, if I can still get achievements if I join a friend? I joined their personal story and was hoping to work together for some of the achievements.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes you can do story achievements with a friend. Also if you’re at the same step as as friend you can do the story together and your progress will be saved.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Thank you so much for the information. I feel much better now.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You do have to do the story once through on each alt before that alt can do the achieves (some odd-man-out things in the Leyline Hub notwithstanding). Whoever triggers the story instance gets control of the dialogue options and item interactions as well. I heard a guildie saying she couldn’t read the flavor books in the Priory Library, for instance.

But as long as you click the “Progress” button at the end, you can get credit for an instance someone else started so long as you are sharing that story step. Make sure to ask your friend not to close the instance before you’ve progressed and gotten your rewards.

I can say all this with confidence as I’ve been taking an alt through Entanglement and the next chapter just today, helping a guildie who hasn’t done any of the LS, and it’s worked as described.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are some intermediate steps you can’t skip. For example reading the mails you get or talking to specific NPCs in the open world.

You have to do that before you’re up to the next story to be at the same step as the person starting the story.

For example, when my wife got to the Silverwastes, she forgot to talk to the guy in Brisban to advance her story and even though she did the story with me, she didn’t advance…because she wasn’t up to that step. If she had stopped to speak to the guard she would have been.

Also if you don’t get the mail you need to get to progress, try zoning. The person who didn’t start it often doesn’t get the mail until they use a waypoint or switch servers.