Living Story

Living Story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gavorn.9647

Gavorn.9647

Has anyone else not gotten the mail telling you how to start the event? Im trying to figure out what to do and nothing pops out on my screen. And if its me being blind and stupid I accept both of those.

Living Story

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Yeah I am lost too. No letter at all.

Living Story

Posted by: Cynicality.8102

Cynicality.8102

As far as i know, All you can do so far is help refugees in Wayfarer Foothills, there will be gold stars on the map in that zone, follow the roads between them, helping wounded refugees, repairing signposts, lighting campfires at the collectors, and looting fallen refugees(you can turn in the loot to the collectors), on your way down.

Also, check your Living Story achieve tab.

Hope this helped.

Living Story

Posted by: Gavorn.9647

Gavorn.9647

I figured that but i was expecting a mail ((like the dev said)) to make all this meld together. Now im just feeling like an idiot robbing dead refugee’s

Living Story

Posted by: Cynicality.8102

Cynicality.8102

Well I assume sooner or later, there will be a bigger event, where you get mail. Such as when we find out what happens with what the collectors are talking about(the steam(fire&frost)).

Living Story

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You get the mail after you finish the new achievement and change zones.

Living Story

Posted by: ardasica.4531

ardasica.4531

So once you get the Volunteer title and change zones?

SF
OTR

Living Story

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Pretty poor if that is the first event to introduce this patch.

“Fix some Signs, ok that’s it, wait now.”

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Living Story

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

What’s strange is that you can talk to the collectors about the horrible weather and such, but… there’s no such thing.

Living Story

ardasica.4531

There are parts when you run through that are horrible weather and have steam vents coming up from the ground.

SF
OTR

Living Story

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

There are parts when you run through that are horrible weather and have steam vents coming up from the ground.

Steam vents?

Why did “karka” immediately spring to mind…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Living Story

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Totally noob here, where exactly do u start the living story?…

Living Story

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Only day one dude. And if its anything like every other event thay have had in this game thay gradualy get bigger and bigger (unless your talking karka but that was so busted)

Living Story

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

It’s not about an exciting event at this point, but rather to introduce you to the new situation – it’s all about storytelling
(At least to me, this feels a little like Guild Wars beyond)

Polka will never die

Living Story

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

Only day one dude. And if its anything like every other event thay have had in this game thay gradualy get bigger and bigger (unless your talking karka but that was so busted)

Day one or not, if all it is really is what the guy says “Fix some Signs, ok that’s it, wait now.”, that’s really really awful for an mmo in 2013 launching a new event with a patch.

P.S. The event is bugged on Tarnished Coast and doesn’t work in Diessa at all.

Living Story

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

Day one or not, if all it is really is what the guy says “Fix some Signs, ok that’s it, wait now.”, that’s really really awful for an mmo in 2013 launching a new event with a patch.

I am on TC and was wondering where the in-game letter was. Thanks for letting me know it’s bugged.

Living Story

Posted by: Theslayernl.5219

Theslayernl.5219

Diessa not working on Gunnar’s Hold either and the in-game letter seems to be not being sent either. Only letter you get is after zone once you completed the achievement

You Ain’t Much If You Ain’t Dutch!

Living Story

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

It’s not about an exciting event at this point, but rather to introduce you to the new situation – it’s all about storytelling

Well they couldn’t tell a story worse than Trehearne’s Adventures so it can’t be that bad.

Living Story

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

I am on TC and was wondering where the in-game letter was. Thanks for letting me know it’s bugged.

You’re welcome I made a forum post here, explaining that it’s bugged. People from other servers are welcome to join in; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Living-Story-bugged-on-Tarnished-Coast/first#post1323800

Living Story

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am so confused as to what to do here. I went to wayfarer and I went to every star, lit every campfire, and picked up items off the fallen refuges to turn in. Sooooo.. is that it? Am I missing something to do with this because I did not feel like I accomplished anything.

Living Story

Frotee.2634

I think the part in Diessa Plateau just hasn’t started yet; didn’t they state somewhere that we’d get mail when the part in Diessa Plateau started?

Polka will never die

Living Story

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

You get the mail after you finish the new achievement and change zones.

I aquired 40 points to the title and have since been in the foothills, the plateau, and Hoelbrak.

No mail, no herald.

Living Story

Frotee.2634

You need to get 75 points, then you get the mail

Polka will never die

Living Story

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

I am on TC and have done the starting quest its not bugged at all.

You need 75 points to the new title and alts work.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Living Story

DarcShriek.5829

I am so confused as to what to do here. I went to wayfarer and I went to every star, lit every campfire, and picked up items off the fallen refuges to turn in. Sooooo.. is that it? Am I missing something to do with this because I did not feel like I accomplished anything.

Yes you are missing stuff. There are sign posts, start by the entrance to Diessa Plateau, fix the signs and follow them to each next sign. Along the way, you will find fallen refugees, go to them and take the momentos. Give these momentos to collectors at the camps. You may also find wounded refugees, assist them. Finally, there are new DEs, participate in them.

Living Story

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Another “World changing event” patch, another horrendous blunder for Arenanet. Get on the lifeboats, folks, the ship is sinking fast!

Living Story

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

I think the part in Diessa Plateau just hasn’t started yet; didn’t they state somewhere that we’d get mail when the part in Diessa Plateau started?

Stated here

Check in with the heralds for updates.

There are hints of things to come already in the game.

The playable Living Story content will start appearing tomorrow (January 29) at around noon Pacific Time in Wayfarer Foothills. You will see refugees requiring your assistance along the path, around Breakneck Pass.

Later on that day, there will be events in Diessa Plateau. You’ll be sent an in-game mail letting you know about the events in Diessa Plateau. If you’re already logged in when that happens, you need to change maps to receive that message.

In Diessa Plateau, you will see refugees just north of the Black Citadel, and along the path north towards Wayfarer Foothills. You will see signs along some of the paths in the area.

EDIT: I apologize for the lack of clarity. I have updated the information above.

Also she edited that about three minutes ago, a post made nineteen hours ago. There’s probably something to make of that.

The old part of the post was:

Check in with the heralds for updates. There are hints of things to come already in the game.

The playable Living Story content will start appearing tomorrow (January 29) at around noon Pacific Time in Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. When the events start in Diessa Plateau, you’ll be sent an in-game mail letting you know about it. However, if you’re already logged in when that happens, you need to change maps to receive it.

Living Story

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It’s just how they do “living story” if it’s anything like Guild Wars 1: Guild Wars Beyond updates.

Things trickle out and sometimes something added might be very minor feeling like today, but it builds up to major story stuff.

It’s actually a really cool system and people will definitely appreciate it as they play more. The kneejerk reactions are silly to me, but I guess gamers aren’t a patient lot these days.

Living Story

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Yeah i ran into a dev running the route in wayfayer and he said the same thing, this is all prequel stuff getting mementos, fixing signs and helping refugees is all we do until we get the mail.

Once i hit 75 points though i got a mail with a gold item in it that gave me karma.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

Living Story

Posted by: itsaustinb.7248

itsaustinb.7248

Another “World changing event” patch, another horrendous blunder for Arenanet. Get on the lifeboats, folks, the ship is sinking fast!

Did you completely miss the whole “prelude” thing? They never said that this single patch would change the world.

Living Story

DarcShriek.5829

I disagree, I think it’s a nice addition to the game. Maybe you should consider playing a different game.

Living Story

jazzllanna.1278

Yes you are missing stuff. There are sign posts, start by the entrance to Diessa Plateau, fix the signs and follow them to each next sign. Along the way, you will find fallen refugees, go to them and take the momentos. Give these momentos to collectors at the camps. You may also find wounded refugees, assist them. Finally, there are new DEs, participate in them.

boo no stars there.. guess it is bugged on my server. Oh well time to check out guesting I suppose.

Living Story

DarcShriek.5829

boo no stars there.. guess it is bugged on my server. Oh well time to check out guesting I suppose.

You didn’t see any vandalized sign posts? They were easy to spot on my server, simply follow the herd of players.

Living Story

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

I really hope the event is broken, if this is how it’s supposed to be someone needs to be fired.

Also, if it is broken, it’s proof they need a public test realm.

Living Story

DarcShriek.5829

I really hope the event is broken, if this is how it’s supposed to be someone needs to be fired.

Also, if it is broken, it’s proof they need a public test realm.

What’s broken about it?

Living Story

jazzllanna.1278

You didn’t see any vandalized sign posts? They were easy to spot on my server, simply follow the herd of players.

I did in wayfarer but not in the Disseau plateau area. But maybe that is coming later? Seems odd since the signs seemed to be coming from that way and pointing you towards the norn homeland. You would think if anything you would start in Disseau Platuea and then wayfarer would have been later.

Living Story

ardasica.4531

Either broken or ANet is late. Most likely late since they tend to that but it is a close tie with broken,

What to do: Start at Horncall WP and travel the road up through Breakneck Pass heading towards Dolyak Pass WP. You want to repair all signs, relight campfires, pick up mementos from dead refugees (give to collector) and heal wounded refugees. There are events that pop up involving killing ice elementals for ice cubes. Once you do the pass once, switch to another alt and do it again. Once you get 75 points you will get the title and you need to make sure your email is clear and you may need to rezone or relog to get the ingame mail reward.

SF
OTR

Living Story

jazzllanna.1278

Aww see I never saw an event with ice elementals.

Living Story

ardasica.4531

One is over by the dome. I think there is another by Crossroads Haven but don’t quote me on it. I could have the location wrong.

SF
OTR

Living Story

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Broken on Eredon Terrace.
Mapped so many times it became a new gold sink.
And by broken i mean it hasn’t even started.

Had to guest on a server and “Abuse” the overflow, which seemed to work fine.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Living Story

Posted by: Spitu.8657

Spitu.8657

So this “living story” thing is like a quest that you can only start at a certain time and if you finish that part of it you have to wait till the next one starts? Well i guess that’s one way to make a content patch longer.

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,
but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

Living Story

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Here is a guide for those not sure what to do. http://dulfy.net/2013/01/29/gw2-living-story-refuge-volunteer-events-guide/

It isn’t a one time event I don’t think, likely lasting over a couple days. Diessa Plateau will be opened up later in the day