Living World Season Three

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

@ MO

Thank you for the FYI. One of my main concerns has been what I perceived to be the need for a sustainable release cadence that players can look to for ballpark ideas of when to expect new content. I expected ANet would see the need for this also, and am pleased that you say you do. Thanks again, and I hope you blow our socks off.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Thanks for communicating, it’s really appreciated, please do so more often

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Maybe my English is horrible but if I understand correctly:

1. Today there will be no new content…
2. Still we don’t know when will be new content…maybe in 2 weeks or maybe not
3. We don’t know for what content we are waiting for such long time.
4. Now we have confirmation that there will be new content in unknown future…like we didn’t knew it before…

I feel people are overhypeing this.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

“because we sacrificed so much to be able to ship that frequently” is the part that isn’t clear to me. What does Mo means with that? But reading all the other comments I realize that there is a lot more in MO’s post that can be interpreted in many ways.

I think it is good that we have a post from Mo today. It is patch day (at least here in Europe) and the end of the PvP season. So it could have been the day for the big seasonal patch. That is not so likely and this post is for that reason a good thing. Big patch is coming, exact date not yet known, but soon. And yes, that is not really news, but a post from Mo today that the patch will come soon is good.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

why always so cryptic?… I am going to give you a few sincere and polite opinions about the communicating approach you guys are having, please, take them as a way to improve, thats the goal of my opinions.

Basically…There is nothing clear on this post, Mike… We dont even know if LS3’s episode 1 is even made, which i guess it was the real point of the post…

You say you still have a lot of work on it.
you say that you will no longer make quarterly updates, but more (giving the whole idea about when or what on the air)
No word at all (or at least in a clear way) about today’s patch (if its any). Cause the way you spoke, we can expect LS3 episode as soon as today or in 3 years…

If you cant or dont want to clarify anything (which is completly understandable, dont get me wrong), dont say anything at all.
Because these posts… make me lose faith on the project, tbh, and im a pretty normal guys, i guess some peopl will feel the same.

For instance, and going back: what about today? LS3? Quarterly Patch?, nothing? all of those are understandable optionts, you dont need to ship anything if is not ready. But communicate, please!

what should i tell to a friend who ask for GW2? “they are doing an episode of LS3, but we dont know when it is going to be launched. we only know it is very difficult to do and it demands 1 million voice actors and close to a year of developement…”
I cant understant why Raid team worked (to my eyes, i dont know the inside things) so good, efficiently (i think they are less than 20 devs), delivering great quality content (even when is a content for a clear minority, taht would eb another subject about anet course…), in a marked schedule, that all players could follow and relate… and the rest of the game is so up in the air and looks so messy from outside?

I love GW2, and really appreciate your work anet, today and throught all those 4 years, but you better step up your game soon (in all senses, but mainly in communicating that is the subject).
Specially if you are planning on launching expansion 2 eventually. Because… what is the actual project? i cant really tell. Dont even can tell when LS3 is going to be launched. as i said before, it may be today! and there is no advertise at all…
The only thing more or less clear is that you guys are trying to save the furnitures, seems you are working hard, cause you have a lot on the line to lose, but you are doing it in a weird way in my opinion, with a weird way of no communicating your plans.
Plans that you may have pretty clear (i hope at least you have it clear), but that it never gets translated into us. from my point of view (and i dont know if the rest feel the same or what), i see anet like a ship without captain, without clear course, on the drift. Or maybe there is a course, and there is a captain, but both are hided, waiting to change in case a storm appears… Who would want to join into that kind of ship? you may ship towards New york, but because a storm came into place it change route and you end in Florida?, did you thought about that, about what players and costumers may think of a ship without a clear route? Would you pay money for a trip on a ship with no route and schedule rather than one that will land you into an specific place in an specific time?

If you said, “we plan or we have scheduled to launch LS3 on the summer”, by example, THAT is communicating.
Even when is not specific, it gives you 3 months of margin. And even if you fail to deliver it in that time, with a good explanation or reason, we all can understand it. But instead you say: LS3 is very hard to do and we still have a lot of things to finish.
So… what is the messege? that you are experienceing troubles? that devs are not good enough?…
when do you plan to finish it? what is the schedule? what is your plan? Are you able to finsh it or will be like Legendaries?

As a conclussion: to me this comunicating approach is a mess. It shows lack of guidance even if there is a guidance somewhere internally and hided to us.
All is open, just in case you fail on the delivery or you change your mind along the way, like you did with legendary weapons. Thats not way of winning trust of anyone, but the opposite. And you keep doing it…

Is sad to see all these and having to explain it… Step up, guys. You have a lot to lose if you dont and a lot to win if you do.

Posted by: compers.9065

compers.9065

Good news!! Hope to see it soon. It’s finally here.

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

why always so cryptic?… I am going to give you a few sincere and polite opinions about the communicating approach you guys are having, please, take them as a way to improve, thats the goal of my opinions.

Basically…There is nothing clear on this post, Mike… We dont even know if LS3’s episode 1 is even made, which i guess it was the real point of the post…

you say that you will no longer make quarterly updates, but more (giving the whole idea about when or what on the air)
No word at all (or at least in a clear way) about today’s patch (if its any). Cause the way you spoke, we can expect LS3 episode as soon as today or in 3 years…

If you cant or dont want to clarify anything (which is completly understandable, dont get me wrong), dont say anything at all.
Because these posts… make me lose faith on the project, tbh, and im a pretty normal guys, i guess some peopl will feel the same.

For instance, and going back: what about today? LS3? Quarterly Patch?, nothing? all of those are understandable optionts, you dont need to ship anything if is not ready. But communicate, please!

what should i tell to a friend who ask for GW2? “they are doing an episode of LS3, but we dont know when it is going to be launched. we only know it is very difficult to do and it demands 1 million voice actors and close to a year of developement…”
I cant understant why Raid team worked (to my eyes, i dont know the inside things) so good, efficiently (i think they are less than 20 devs), delivering great quality content (even when is a content for a clear minority, taht would eb another subject about anet course…), in a marked schedule, that all players could follow and relate… and the rest of the game is so up in the air and looks so messy from outside?

I love GW2, and really appreciate your work anet, today and throught all those 4 years, but you better step up your game soon (in all senses, but mainly in communicating that is the subject).
Specially if you are planning on launching expansion 2 eventually. Because… what is the actual project? i cant really tell. Dont even can tell when LS3 is going to be launched. as i said before, it may be today! and there is no advertise at all…
The only thing more or less clear is that you guys are trying to save the furnitures, seems you are working hard, cause you have a lot on the line to lose, but you are doing it in a weird way in my opinion, with a weird way of no communicating your plans.
Plans that you may have pretty clear (i hope at least you have it clear), but that it never gets translated into us. from my point of view (and i dont know if the rest feel the same or what), i see anet like a ship without captain, without clear course, on the drift. Or maybe there is a course, and there is a captain, but both are hided, waiting to change in case a storm appears… Who would want to join into that kind of ship? you may ship towards New york, but because a storm came into place it change route and you end in Florida?, did you thought about that, about what players and costumers may think of a ship without a clear route? Would you pay money for a trip on a ship with no route and schedule rather than one that will land you into an specific place in an specific time?

If you said, “we plan or we have scheduled to launch LS3 on the summer”, by example, THAT is communicating.
Even when is not specific, it gives you 3 months of margin. And even if you fail to deliver it in that time, with a good explanation or reason, we all can understand it. But instead you say: LS3 is very hard to do and we still have a lot of things to finish.
So… what is the messege? that you are experienceing troubles? that devs are not good enough?…
when do you plan to finish it? what is the schedule? what is your plan? Are you able to finsh it or will be like Legendaries?

As a conclussion: to me this comunicating approach is a mess. It shows lack of guidance even if there is a guidance somewhere internally and hided to us.
All is open, just in case you fail on the delivery or you change your mind along the way, like you did with legendary weapons. Thats not way of winning trust of anyone, but the opposite. And you keep doing it…

Is sad to see all these and having to explain it… Step up, guys. You have a lot to lose if you dont and a lot to win if you do.

Post feels more like PR damage-control and it looks like it’s already working on reddit. Many expected (who knows why) that after end of pvp season 3 we would have big content patch with LS 3.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Posted by: Brown Fang Thump.9482

Brown Fang Thump.9482

Thank you Mo.

It’s good to see you in the trenches working to helps us all get our heads around what you’re doing and where the game is going. I really do appreciate the direction you’ve been taking things since Colin’s departure and hope that ArenaNet can continue in this approach in future.

With the anniversary of the game coming up you know expectations will be raised. Here’s to hoping ArenaNet nails it this time.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I would say that on multiple occassions you contradict yourself as to what you want. Youre say that when there’s not enough to talk about dont say anything, but also that they should communicate. Which one is it?

Plus he did say he signed off LW3 episode 1, which might be coming with a new map a new mastery track or nothing extra at all. But it at least means it’s most likely 1 to 2 weeks tops if I were to guess anything.

Intregration probably means they make changes to the game in separate instances, which then need to be put into one GW2 client. And that usually comes with bugs as we all see after each update that they need to fix things. (probably regardless of a good intregration)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

What about the long promised wvw overhaul?

Is has been said in March (AMA on Reddit if I remember well) that there will be no big WvW overhaul, but lot of smaller changes instead (reward traks, association of servers, return of DBL as a permanent map, scoring changes, etc…).
The difference with a big overhaul is that changes will be shipped as soon as they are ready.

Posted by: Bjarkov.9751

Bjarkov.9751

Personally I don’t give 2 kittens about living world season 3, and i was more excited of the changes the July quarterly update might have brought to the game, but sadly we might not even get anything. It’s sad watching a game you love and have put so much time in die out, but I guess this was going to happen eventually anyways. Now don’t misunderstand the previous sentence, all I meant was that with guild wars 2 as it is now it might as well be dead. But that’s just my opinion, I’m not going to speak for the majority.

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

Looking forward to it :-)

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

Now we’re cooking with gas. Finally some info, bit of juice on what it takes to get it done, no overhype. Palpatine voice Gooood goooood!

As for extreme overdeliver that costed big sacrifices – well i’m not the director here, but bear in mind that if LS3 delivers and ends ages long content draughts, players might deliver on their end via gemstore. And then you may get more manpower to achieve even better results without having to pay an arm and a leg to get it done;)

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Buy Heart of Thorns for living story (as we knew it) and new legendary weapons… Fail, best of luck selling me another xpac.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

ZeftheWicked.3076

But Heart of Thorns for living story (as we knew it) and new legendary weapons… Fail, best of luck selling me another xpac.

That’s the very point here. LS3 is part of HoT, and their chance at redemption before new xpac hits. If they play it well and fix/add stuff that’s missing/was insufficient at start, then both sides win – we get what we wanted (better late then never), they reduce the damage done and get our trust back (at least some of it) before next xpac launch.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

But Heart of Thorns for living story (as we knew it) and new legendary weapons… Fail, best of luck selling me another xpac.

That’s the very point here. LS3 is part of HoT, and their chance at redemption before new xpac hits. If they play it well and fix/add stuff that’s missing/was insufficient at start, then both sides win – we get what we wanted (better late then never), they reduce the damage done and get our trust back (at least some of it) before next xpac launch.

I haven’t logged in or even posted in months so what I say they’ll disregard but I’ve been hard done by HOT and they need a miracle to get another penny from me. The best thing HOT did was allow me to play other games and man… Are they good.

Sad, but GW2 went on a cash grab and in doing so they’ve cut the cord to my wallet.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m really pleased that our characters will be speaking dialogue again like in the HoT storyline.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Ok i am baffled at the answers here. People are complaining that there are only one episode coming and i wonder why? I can understand if this is the first time you will interact with the living story and don’t get how it is working, but if it is not then why the complaints?

Every living story comes in episodes and have since the first season. This is how it is done and how we want it to be done. This is what makes it special. How about you adjust to how this game is making things instead of jumping on the whining train before you even get to try it?

Anyway back to topic, and it is great to finally hear something and i look forward to play through it.

ZeftheWicked.3076

I haven’t logged in or even posted in months so what I say they’ll disregard but I’ve been hard done by HOT and they need a miracle to get another penny from me. The best thing HOT did was allow me to play other games and man… Are they good.

Sad, but GW2 went on a cash grab and in doing so they’ve cut the cord to my wallet.

I can’t blame you for feeling that, given their adamant push to sell it for $50 disregarding commonsensical practice (cheaper version for core game buyers, full price for new players) or long established industry ethic (free character slots matching amount of new professions requiring them in a payed expansion).

However I for one love the dry top, silverwastes, 4 maguuma maps and direction a-net is taking with them and it’s pve content in general. Problem is they delivered too little for the price and next to above mentioned gripes that too is a justified grudge from my point of view.

But emotions aside – the HoT buyers (such as myself and you, I reckon) are getting new content at no extra charge and no obligation to buy the next xpac, should we decide to dive into LS3. So no reason not to give it a swing. Nobody’s gonna twist my arm to stay or to buy if i don’t feel like it myself, and i do greatly enjoy the interactive, maze-like and incredibly beautiful (art-style wise) maps.

I can see that finally they’re starting to learn the lesson. Mike came out of hiding, here on the game’s forums, didn’t overhype it, but provided some badly needed info, and they want to end content draughts for good. He may not be starting from pole position in my book after what happened, but it’s a start.

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

Yay, more terribly written grindy """content"""

Posted by: OmniumExtinction.3479

OmniumExtinction.3479

arrrggg….well, thank you for keeping us informed.
I´m starved for a meta shake up

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

Thanks for the heads up. And while we are waiting for the actual anouncement of LS3 launch date, and then another while till it will actually go live…. could we please get Bazaar of the Four Winds or Queen’s Pavilion ?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Zef, the “free” character slots werent originally included because it’s pretty cheap to simply buy an additional one. Moreso with an upper limit of 60-something character slots.

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Thank you, Mike.

With respect to the living world releases, personally, I’m not that concerned with how often the content is released but whether how good it is. I’m sure others feel the same way.

Personally, I thought Living World S2 was your best one. The story grabbed my interest along with the gameplay mechanics and boss fights. Then came HoT and it all just imploded. The story really took a nosedive halfway and all the way towards the end. Plus, the last boss was a mess. The mechanics were buggy and some boss phases even ran out of sequence! HoT didn’t end with a bang, but with a whimper. Put it this way, I would play season 2 AGAIN and AGAIN over HoT story, that’s how good it was.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Interesting. So much text, with almost no info in it whatsoever. Nothing ever changes here.

Well, at least we know nothing will happen today.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Willard.4805

Willard.4805

Probably they’re in need of more translators. It’s not an easy job to create a content and it’s even more difficult to put it in several other languages for all the community.

Keep the good work, and call for help if you guys need English to Spanish translators :P

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I would say that on multiple occassions you contradict yourself as to what you want. Youre say that when there’s not enough to talk about dont say anything, but also that they should communicate. Which one is it?

What i say is that they must communicate… properly.

If this post is what they understand as communicating properly, i point out, as personal opinion, that is better say nothing (because to me is not proper communication)

If MO was just trying to say that today is not the day of LS3, he should have said exactly that, with those words.
Thats communicating and thats what i expect from anet, communicating, in a proper way. No contradiction at all, sorry. If they cant communicate properly, better dont say anything.
Its a pitty i had to explain that to someone… i thought it is a lesson all parents teach to their childs.

This was a cryptic post, saying as a resume: “we still have a lot to do, and by the way, we no longer are going to make quarterly updates anymore (but wont tell you when either), have fun”

Poor communication.

He should have said “guys, today is not ls3, we are still working on that and we plan to have it ready around XXXXX·”

They will know why they dont do things like that. My bet? fear to failure and 0 confidence on deliver things as planned or scheduled. Thats why i asked them to step up once and for all.

(edited by Silicato.4603)

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

“For the player character’s voice”! Our characters are going to TALK in a Living World season? Yes! No more ‘mutes’!

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Thank you Mike for the ‘heads up’ as well as all the hard work!

Ditto! I always have tons to do, so no worries here.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Next time should i bay Expansion year after release???

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

What i say is that they must communicate… properly.

If this post is what they understand as communicating properly, i point out, as personal opinion, that is better say nothing (because to me is not proper coimmunication)

If MO was just trying to say that today is not the day of LS3, se should have said exactly that, with those words.
Thats communciating and thats what i expect from anet, communicating, in a proper way. No contradiction at all, sorry. If they cant communicate properly, better dont say anything.
Its a pitty i had to explain that to someone… i thought it is a lesson all parents teach to their childs.

This was a cryptic post, saying as a resume: “we still have a lot to do, and by the way, we no longer are going to make quarterly updates anymore (but wont tell you when either), have fun”

Poor communication.

He should have said “guys, today is not ls3, we are still working on that and we plan to have it ready around XXXXX·”

They will know why they dont things like that. My bet? fear to failure and 0 confidence on deliver things as planned or scheduled. Thats why i asked them to step up once and for all.

They’re not going to give us release dates until they’re 100% sure they’re able to deliver. I also disagree that saying nothing at all is better. There’s no worse feeling than not to know what they’re working on. Now we know vaguely what’s going on behind the curtains.

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Nice to hear that, we gonna need some new content soon after the end of pvp S3.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Hi, Mo. First off, I just can’t help being glad that you so openly talked about your plans for Living World, which should be a major pillar of content not to be ever forgotten about. It just feels very honest from you to openly talk about content draught and contrast your intended future with past experiences.

That aside, I fear that bimonthly releases may not mean every two months we’ll get a Living Story chapter. It just feels like a loose way to say “every two month we’ll have something, either a story chapter or a festival”. Not that it’s bad, but if this is how it’ll work, would it keep us entertained from a lore PoV?

Again, thanks for the honesty. Since your first announcement as game director you’ve been showing that you’re human like the rest of us, and you feel, dare I say, sad about those who claim HoT is half an expansion, but rest assured we’ll be here to see what you’ve been cooking, and I’m sure most of us are hopeful. You set the bar for GW2, that might be the reason people trust so much in the company, because we mostly know what you are capable of.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Thank’s for the heads up. With TSW doing some decent story work in their Living World, it’ll be nice to have GW2 back at it as well since the scope is genreally wider.

Think I just saw a small puff of steam coming out of the hype train…

Would also like to know if we have time on the current events. If it is going away, prob best we know in advance. If they aren’t going away soon, then even better.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

And now Reddit bursts in Flames because Mike said “something”, and its not enough.

For me this Post is Proof that it doesn’t take long for LS3 to drop, the News that our Characters aren’t mute is great.

I think that in two Weeks we will get this LS3, would perfectly line up with the small LW Updates we had. 3 on the Magic going kitten, and now we got 2 on increased Bandit/White Mantle Activity, now one more for the Latter and we are set for the next Season.^^

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Anyone here that thinks they can manage to make a comeback with living story #3 after the expansion flop? (Serious Question)

I kinda lost all my hope and faith in the development of GW2

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Anyone here that thinks they can manage to make a comeback with living story #3 after the expansion flop? (Serious Question)

It’s never too late. It’s also debatable as to whether the expansion was a flop. Some liked it and others didn’t.

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Just imagine how much faster we could get content and how much more content we could get if you just dropped the voiceover work. Seriously, voice acting in MMOs is and always was a gimmick. It’s not needed and if it’s really this much of a drag anchor then it definitely ought to go. I have played a number of other MMOs that started off using a lot of voicework and then dropped it and without exception the experience of playing them improved as a result.

Added to that I loathe hearing my character talk so the news that that is returning is irritating to say the least. The voices almost never match any conception I have for how my characters would sound and the dialog is usually something I cannot imagine them ever saying. If you’re going to force words into our characters’ mouths could you not at least add a toggle so we can opt out? I’d far rather they were silent. And yes, I know you all have a thing about toggles at ANet although I have never been able to understand why.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I wouldn’t call it a flop at all. It made mistakes, but there was a lot of really good stuff in the expansion as well

Posted by: Annette.6278

Annette.6278

Thanks a lot, Mike! We appreciate all your hard work and I wanna say that I’m sure there are people as me who understand why these things take so much time. You are not an automatic conveyor to make everything by day and night. And to create something new isn’t an easy task for everyone. And if you are a player but who has a real life with study, job, other interests, friends and so on you just have no time to do everything in the game. So I hope you and your team understand it too and the causes of all those topic about content drought. They all aren’t because of your work, guys, if you look deeply.
You really do amazing job. Thanks for this beautiful world that we can explore a bit more.

GW2 is almost a perfect MMORPG. Please, DON"T make it in such way like we are stupid.

(edited by Annette.6278)

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Mike, no information usually leads to negative speculation and this has been pretty evident in gaming. If they’re building something great they should be happy to tell people they are confident with what’s coming down the line, not sit quietly while their customer base rages at the thought there is nothing to look forward to. Gaming is the one obvious exception to the rule “no new is good news”…no news means there are issues! Thanks for the update.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Kaedian.9463

Kaedian.9463

Will LS2 cease to be able to be played once LS3 launches?

Bräägi Oäkfist – Norn Berserker
New OutRiders < NOR >

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Will LS2 cease to be able to be played once LS3 launches?

No. It’s permanent content.

Posted by: Subversion.2580

Subversion.2580

Hey MO,

I just want to commend you on the continued communication with the community. This is exactly how an MMO-developer should interact with its playerbase: Letting us know in advance where you are headed, what you can do and can not do, giving us a reasonable timeframe to look forward to and allowing us to warn you of potential missteps.

I am very pleased to see that updates like these, and in this format, are still comming out.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Awww just when I have been settling back in to playing old games again. Not fair! Oh wait, nm this is a good thing! Scratch what I said. :P

And yes as others have said, ty Anet for all the hard work and patience of your demanding customers!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think there is a still a fairly big question that they can answer now – and that is, what is Living World and what isn’t.

Which of the following do they consider to be potential content for one of these living world updates and which is outside the scope (and which are reserved for expansions):

• Open World Maps
  • World Bosses
  • Fractal Islands
  • Guild Missions
  • Adventures
  • New Mastery Lines
  • Collections
  • Elite Specializations
  • Weapon and Armor Skins
  • Jumping Puzzles
  • Guild Hall Upgrades and Decorations

Is there anything missing from this list?

I would be very interested in what we can expect with these LS updates. Just as importantly, for those pieces that aren’t considered living story, what are they doing to make sure they aren’t neglected completely (for example, we haven’t had new PVE guild missions in more than 3 years).

There is a lot of potential in this new model, but if living world is nothing more than a dozen story short instances every year, it really isn’t what is needed. We need a better idea of what is and isn’t included.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think there is a still a fairly big question that they can answer now – and that is, what is Living World and what isn’t.

Which of the following do they consider to be potential content for one of these living world updates and which is outside the scope (and which are reserved for expansions):

• Open World Maps
  • World Bosses
  • Fractal Islands
  • Guild Missions
  • Adventures
  • New Mastery Lines
  • Collections
  • Elite Specializations
  • Weapon and Armor Skins
  • Jumping Puzzles
  • Guild Hall Upgrades and Decorations

Is there anything missing from this list?

I would be very interested in what we can expect with these LS updates. Just as importantly, for those pieces that aren’t considered living story, what are they doing to make sure they aren’t neglected completely (for example, we haven’t had new PVE guild missions in more than 3 years).

There is a lot of potential in this new model, but if living world is nothing more than a dozen story short instances every year, it really isn’t what is needed. We need a better idea of what is and isn’t included.

But I thought all that mattered was loot? Surely there will be new loot right!? If not, then forget it, we don’t NEED it!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Since it came up in MO’s statement, can we get a status on the Charr male voice actor/acting? Some concerns came up in the new raid wing.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Just no 3 months between each release please. Unless each LS chapter is a lot bigger.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors