Living World Season Three

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Wow. Some of these comments are really ugly. Seeing a reason why they rarely say anything now.

Agreed, the all the sour grapes is sad. And you can’t make lemonade from it either, only wine.

But there are still plenty of us who strive to look towards the positive, too.

~EW

More like vinegar with how rancid some threads get. Granted, it’ll go great on fish n chips with all the salt on the forums too.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

So, Living world seasons 3 just has to be all about fish and chips and everyone will be happy. :p

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Maybe my English is horrible but if I understand correctly:

1. Today there will be no new content…
2. Still we don’t know when will be new content…maybe in 2 weeks or maybe not
3. We don’t know for what content we are waiting for such long time.
4. Now we have confirmation that there will be new content in unknown future…like we didn’t knew it before…

I feel people are overhypeing this.

The facts are that there have been a series of posts about lack of communication. Posters have been begging Anet to, "Just tell us something, even if it’s just, ’We’re working on it but can only tell you this and this.’ " So, ANet posts, offering what info they feel they can.

The reactions I’m seeing break down like this:

1. Some pooh-pooh the announcement as being “not enough.” This is hardly surprising, as some posters do this with anything ANet does, from a brief FYI post to HoT itself.
  2. Others are thankful that ANet said anything. While perhaps unnecessary, thanking someone for taking the time to communicate hardly seems inappropriate.
  3. Some few are perhaps making too much of it. This is also hardly surprising, either.

Also, your number 3 is wrong. We’ve known for some time that LS3 was what’s coming. MO’s post does confirm that that is still what’s coming. Given that a March FYI was about an indefinite feature postponement, that is at least something. Oh, you meant specifics about the first LS3 release. We’ve never gotten that except about a week or two before it popped. That suggests we might not be seeing LS3 Episode 1 in 2 weeks, either.

Posted by: Emperor Ramzort.8043

Emperor Ramzort.8043

When Mike made the post last night, I thought it was just some smoke thrown up because they were covering up a delay of some kind. I am glad that we now have an official announcement with an official date for LS3. I am still skeptical about the size and frequency mentioned in Mike’s post, but we will see.

Now we wait (and speculate for those that like that kind of thing).

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

But there are still plenty of us who strive to look towards the positive, too.

~EW

That would be me!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When Mike made the post last night, I thought it was just some smoke thrown up because they were covering up a delay of some kind. I am glad that we now have an official announcement with an official date for LS3. I am still skeptical about the size and frequency mentioned in Mike’s post, but we will see.

Now we wait (and speculate for those that like that kind of thing).

I thought the opposite. MO doesn’t like to say anything until the very last minute, so I figured we’d get the announcement today. I did think we’d get some sort of patch today, more Current Events (and we didn’t), and now I wonder if no new lore bits will be added for another two weeks.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

“Nostalgic” about the 2 week release cycle? Anet never once said that was going away while they flogged an over priced expansion

The two week schedule had been long gone before the expansion launched. Season two did not follow the season one release schedule.

Season 2 was broken into 2 parts because of a feature pack and shadow of the mad king. Double check your facts on the release schedule as if you’ll recall we had 2 weeks from the start of each to claim them for free.

Yes it had a break but that was for more content and a festival.

Not, “my facts,” just the facts. As you note in your response, season two did not adhere to a two week release schedule.

Note that this is not a complaint. I was glad to see season two spread out over a longer period and am further gladdened that they are spreading season three out even further.

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

You have no idea how happy I am about the living world news!

Posted by: Katrina.1039

Katrina.1039

It will be out when it’s out. MO didn’t have to say anything at all. Be happy about there being progress.

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Just imagine how much faster we could get content and how much more content we could get if you just dropped the voiceover work. Seriously, voice acting in MMOs is and always was a gimmick. It’s not needed and if it’s really this much of a drag anchor then it definitely ought to go. I have played a number of other MMOs that started off using a lot of voicework and then dropped it and without exception the experience of playing them improved as a result.

Added to that I loathe hearing my character talk so the news that that is returning is irritating to say the least. The voices almost never match any conception I have for how my characters would sound and the dialog is usually something I cannot imagine them ever saying. If you’re going to force words into our characters’ mouths could you not at least add a toggle so we can opt out? I’d far rather they were silent. And yes, I know you all have a thing about toggles at ANet although I have never been able to understand why.

A valid point. I like the silent protagonist.

Although, voiceover or lack of there-of, doesn’t even bother me in the slightest. As a suggestion, maybe our character can speak in cutscenes then?

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Hi all,

I signed off on the first episode of Living World Season 3, and we’re getting ready to announce the episode and its release date. I’m super proud of the team for hitting this milestone. Over the past few weeks the team has been processing up to a hundred pieces of feedback each day, working to get all the details right.

Reaching sign-off on an episode doesn’t mean we’re done. Now we integrate the episode content with the other updates that ship in this release, and with localized text and voice-over, and we do final testing of all that. To give a sense of the scope of this process, this update has about 1,500 distinct lines of new voice dialog, each of which must be recorded, integrated, and tested in each supported language. For the player character’s voice, we separately record each race/sex combination in each language, so that means 40 actors for each line.

With this release, we’re bundling a Living World episode with additional content for other areas of the game. You’ve seen that we’ve been following a pattern of releasing a bundled update each quarter; this is a content-focused continuation of that kind of thing. Of course, we’ll give this release a name, not “July Quarterly Update”. And we may be able to increase the pace, ramping from four bundled releases per year towards six, so we’ll move away from calling these “quarterly”.

Some of you may look back nostalgically at 2013 when we shipped updates every two weeks. That year we shipped a wide variety of things: nine or ten releases that we’d today call a Living World episode, plus updates to systems and content for other parts of the game, plus festivals. So it was the extreme unbundled version of this. It was nice that there was always something new, but I’m personally not wistful of that cadence, because we sacrificed so much to be able to ship that frequently. With Season 3 our goal is to deliver content sustainably, at quality, establishing a pattern we don’t have to take breaks from.

It feels great to be shipping Living World again. Thanks for your patience through the recent content draught. Having been through it, I’m sure you understand why I’m focused on sustainability.

Stay tuned for a more formal announcement, and for more details from ArenaNet and our partners.

Mo

That’s all great. Now, how about you making getting season 1 back in the game a priority like it should have been two years ago? Its absence ruins the presentation of the game. The majority of people playing didn’t and now can’t experience the content under which all of the major supporting characters were introduced and developed.

Posted by: NitricRose.1863

NitricRose.1863

Kudos on the teaser video.
For once a teaser video held my interest, was enjoyable and I consider it quite well done.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

So excited!!!
Thanks guys! You are awesome and amazing!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

https://youtu.be/HA1mbZ_MMh8
I have a mighty need for S3 after all this time, much thanks.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

It was nice that there was always something new, but I’m personally not wistful of that cadence, because we sacrificed so much to be able to ship that frequently. With Season 3 our goal is to deliver content sustainably, at quality, establishing a pattern we don’t have to take breaks from.

So … another area in which you finally, years later, admit that it was a terrible idea and in which the critical part of your player base was correct on at the time and even before the game/content release. You could have listened and saved yourself a lot of trouble.
When will you do the same about PvP and admit that it’s time to completely scrap and rebuild it from the ground up? No amount of “iterative” approaches with mini-fixes every few months, which is a abysmal cadence in online gaming, can save it.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I really liked how season 1 was shipped, but it was painfully obvious that Anet would not be able to keep up with that pace although I had some hope because they said they have 4 teams for it.

Sadly, Anet had to already backpeddle on some very good stuff in the past, like homeinvasion for example.

@Jamais vu
Regarding the critical part of the player base, we are talking about people who for example think that running SW and open world is boring while waiting for an hour until people show up and then wiping for three hours at the same mob is somehow not boring but preparation time well spent.
Or people who think that it is ok that you have a taxi for this and that because of the simple fact that it is possible.
Anet probably has no choice but to disappoint most of the time.

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Glad to see that it will be coming this month but i still have a lot of reservations in regards to the amount of content that we will be getting and the replay ability . If its just gonna be some story missions plus a new fractal and pvp map i can’t see it holding my interest much.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Well got some news which is good. Now it is time to see how it shapes up, It more than likely won’t bring me back for more than just finishing each bit as I have decided to main on a different MMO now after so long of waiting and only getting raids and pvp stuff.

Will be trying to go into this new content with no expectations at all so if it comes up short it won’t be as disappointing and if it comes out great well, then it will be great.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So…
- we’re working on stuff
- we think there’s quite a lot of stuff
- there’s still a lot of work to do on the stuff
- we realise that the player base is expecting stuff in July
- the stuff won’t be ready for July
- we’re not sure when the stuff will be ready
- we’d better release a vague statement telling the players that there is stuff coming but it won’t be when they think it might be

Pointless.

Did you miss today’s big announcement about the upcoming patch on the Official Blog and several other partner sites?

Definitely July, as in the 26th.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

“Nostalgic” about the 2 week release cycle? Anet never once said that was going away while they flogged an over priced expansion

The two week schedule had been long gone before the expansion launched. Season two did not follow the season one release schedule.

Season 2 was broken into 2 parts because of a feature pack and shadow of the mad king. Double check your facts on the release schedule as if you’ll recall we had 2 weeks from the start of each to claim them for free.

Yes it had a break but that was for more content and a festival.

Not, “my facts,” just the facts. As you note in your response, season two did not adhere to a two week release schedule.

Note that this is not a complaint. I was glad to see season two spread out over a longer period and am further gladdened that they are spreading season three out even further.

LS S2 was on a 2 week release cycle. They took a month break after act 6 (acts 1-6 released July 1 – Sept 15). Oct was Mad King’s and a feature pack. The final 2 parts were in Nov, then Dec was Winter’s Day.

That’s content non stop from July 1 – Dec 1 only separated by a festival and a feature pack.

It was very much a 2 week release schedule.

My problem with Anet is not that they’re changing the content release schedule but that like most things GW2 since release of HoT, they weren’t communicated to us before we bought HoT

But HoT today but we’re not planning on releasing new content besides raids for half a year.

Buy HoT today but those WvW changes will go live, be bad, and be reverted.

Buy HoT today but we’re not going to bother finishing those legendary weapons we built the entire collection system around.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, Episode 8 released on January 13, 2015. Thus, 8 Episodes released from July 1st through January 13th; six and one-half months or 26 weeks. Eleven weeks between Dragon’s Reach-Part Two (August 12th) and Echoes of the Past (November 4th).

Aidenwolf.5964

Actually, Episode 8 released on January 13, 2015. Thus, 8 Episodes released from July 1st through January 13th; six and one-half months or 26 weeks. Eleven weeks between Dragon’s Reach-Part Two (August 12th) and Echoes of the Past (November 4th).

1-6 July 1 – Sept 15
Mad King and feature pack
Winter’s Day

There you are, all cleaned up.

1-6 were on a 2 week then festivals got in the way. 8 was release after WD though you’re quite right.

Season 1 and 2 were without question on a FAR more brisk pace than we are going to see for 3.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

My problem with Anet is not that they’re changing the content release schedule but that like most things GW2 since release of HoT, they weren’t communicated to us before we bought HoT

But HoT today but we’re not planning on releasing new content besides raids for half a year.

Buy HoT today but we’re not going to bother finishing those legendary weapons we built the entire collection system around.

You think they planned the post HoT drought? That they intended development to go so long for LS3? No, it’s because of HoT’s less than stellar impact on the game that threw everything for a loop. It became a case of “lets keep the boat from sinking and then worry about which way to get us to port” triage.

If the polls are any indication, we will see those desert borderlands again in WvW. The last iteration before alpine came back really improved the movement issues those maps had. And a lot of the game play additions added to WvW when HoT went live are still there today in the alpine maps. Refined but still there.

And to nitpick, the collection system for legendary weapons were also for previous existing ones and we got all of those. But they wanted a story mode for the new ones and they thought they could do it quickly and it turned out ANet couldn’t. Sounds like a production bottleneck they couldn’t reasonably fix for the short term and it was easier to shelf the new legendary weapons for now to alleviate the bottleneck for everything else being worked on.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Aidenwolf.5964

You think they planned the post HoT drought? That they intended development to go so long for LS3? No, it’s because of HoT’s less than stellar impact on the game that threw everything for a loop. It became a case of “lets keep the boat from sinking and then worry about which way to get us to port” triage.

If the polls are any indication, we will see those desert borderlands again in WvW. The last iteration before alpine came back really improved the movement issues those maps had. And a lot of the game play additions added to WvW when HoT went live are still there today in the alpine maps. Refined but still there.

And to nitpick, the collection system for legendary weapons were also for previous existing ones and we got all of those. But they wanted a story mode for the new ones and they thought they could do it quickly and it turned out ANet couldn’t. Sounds like a production bottleneck they couldn’t reasonably fix for the short term and it was easier to shelf the new legendary weapons for now to alleviate the bottleneck for everything else being worked on.

They have 70 people working on the next expansion while throwing their hands up and not delivering what they’ve already sold us.

Disagree all you like but I’ve been here the whole time and LS (both of them) had fast release schedules.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I think I can hear MO sobbing quietly.

Cheer up Mike, some of us appreciate the communications and the progress!

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Could you please, PLEASE, bring back season one? I’ve missed some of the season one events even though I’ve played Guild Wars 2 since launch. I took a break from the game in late 2012 to 2013, thinking the new updates were permanent. Whenever I read about the new updates in my email, I felt happy, I thought this was the way you make an MMORPG. I mean, new updates and content every few months, for FREE, holy kitten. That’s like free mission DLCs in Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Then I returned in late 2013, and to my disappointment, I’ve learned I’ve missed some of the season one events. And now I miss some of the season one events I did participate. I miss Marionette event, I miss Escape from LA and Battle for LA events. I know they were originally designed to be trashed, discarded, waste the resources put into them after a certain period of time has elapsed after their release. But maybe think outside the box so to speak. Maybe you can recycle them? What a waste of work mang, think about it. It’s like a psycho kitten punishing her lover because he left her because he has to go to work that day.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

(edited by HaxTester.9816)

FrizzFreston.5290

They have 70 people working on the next expansion while throwing their hands up and not delivering what they’ve already sold us.

Disagree all you like but I’ve been here the whole time and LS (both of them) had fast release schedules.

Times change. ArenaNet changes things quite fast as well. Holding on to the breadcrumb that something that wasn’t different before with ArenaNet and Guild Wars 2 is rather silly.

Not sure why you expect it was never subject to change. Not sure why it’s important that it is always the same either.

Aidenwolf.5964

Times change. ArenaNet changes things quite fast as well. Holding on to the breadcrumb that something that wasn’t different before with ArenaNet and Guild Wars 2 is rather silly.

Not sure why you expect it was never subject to change. Not sure why it’s important that it is always the same either.

Because I paid for a light expansion that continues to get lighter. Now, the head of Anet is confirming that they will not do LS as they had before. Now it’s an issue.

Show me one time, just one time that Anet said buying HoT would allow you access to future LS but at half or less than half the frequency of what they had delivered pre xpac, and I’ll apologise.

/crickets

PugLife SoloQ

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They didn’t say buying HoT would feature 9 or 10 times the content in the Living World releases, previously, either. But they said it a couple of days ago. Will it be so bad if there’s more content less often?

No one can truly judge until the release is here. I know I didn’t care for Season Two compared to Season One; I don’t think I’ve re-entered more than one of the Episodes. For me, though I enjoyed them the first time, they weren’t the kind of content I wanted to play over and over.

Let’s hope there’s something for everyone in this next big release. =)

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

Because I paid for a light expansion that continues to get lighter. Now, the head of Anet is confirming that they will not do LS as they had before. Now it’s an issue.

Show me one time, just one time that Anet said buying HoT would allow you access to future LS but at half or less than half the frequency of what they had delivered pre xpac, and I’ll apologise.

/crickets

I don’t think they ever said the frequency exactly, but they did say in the AMA thread on Reddit that they wouldn’t be returning to the every two week update schedule.

Gw2 is not going back to biweekly updates

Aidenwolf.5964

/crickets

I don’t think they ever said the frequency exactly, but they did say in the AMA thread on Reddit that they wouldn’t be returning to the every two week update schedule.

That’s from 2016, I specifically asked about pre HoT. What I’m saying is that Anet have pulled a massive bait and switch that many of you are willing to accept, but I am not.

Remember Colin saying he’d seen the new legendary weapons and they were awesome? I do. Where are those weapons? Vaporware

PugLife SoloQ

Chad.6104

/crickets

That’s from 1016, try harder.

I’m afraid I don’t know what 1016 means.

The AMA thread is from March of this year, 4 months ago. As O’Brien says in that thread, “The final thing you should know is that we’re working hard to avoid having a default assumption that “this thing will ship on this date,” or even, “this thing will ship,” and instead we’re proactively deciding to ship things when they’re done and polished and we’ve played them and love them.”

Which would include the Living Story having set 2 week updates.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

/crickets

That’s from 1016, I specifically asked about pre HoT. What I’m saying is that Anet have pulled a massive bait and switch that many of you are willing to accept, but I am not.

That’s a really long time ago. ; )

Aidenwolf.5964

/crickets

That’s from 1016, I specifically asked about pre HoT. What I’m saying is that Anet have pulled a massive bait and switch that many of you are willing to accept, but I am not.

That’s a really long time ago. ; )

I changed it to 2016 (silly autocorrect)

PugLife SoloQ

FrizzFreston.5290

/crickets

Show me where they said they would keep the pace the same. It’s nowhere indicated it would be. If anything they said they are trying to get the right balance between expansions and living world. Which indicates it’s subject to change to whatever they believe to be the best course of action.

I understand you expected something else than what they have in mind regarding the release pace, but they never made any concessions regarding keeping it the same. They need to make the game the best they can at the best quality, which means that it’s much better for them to decide how they want to release it rather than shoehorning themselves into the expectations of (some of) the players.

Aidenwolf.5964

/crickets

The AMA thread is from March of this year, 4 months ago. As O’Brien says in that thread, “The final thing you should know is that we’re working hard to avoid having a default assumption that “this thing will ship on this date,” or even, “this thing will ship,” and instead we’re proactively deciding to ship things when they’re done and polished and we’ve played them and love them.”

I clearly stated “show me pre HoT” I bought HoT 8 months before the link you just referenced.

PugLife SoloQ

Chad.6104

/crickets

I clearly stated “show me pre HoT” I bought HoT 8 months before the link you just referenced.

Actually, the post I quoted from you didn’t say pre HoT. It only said that buying HoT would allow access, etc, etc…

“Show me one time, just one time that Anet said buying HoT would allow you access to future LS but at half or less than half the frequency of what they had delivered pre xpac, and I’ll apologise.”

People are buying HoT to this day so a quote from March is relevant according to what you said.

Aidenwolf.5964

/crickets

Actually, the post I quoted from you didn’t say pre HoT. It only said that buying HoT would allow access, etc, etc…

“Show me one time, just one time that Anet said buying HoT would allow you access to future LS but at half or less than half the frequency of what they had delivered pre xpac, and I’ll apologise.”

People are buying HoT to this day so a quote from March is relevant according to what you said.

I’m talking about pre HoT but if you want to white knight bring your A game

PugLife SoloQ

Chad.6104

/crickets

its not my fault if you don’t state the time period when you demand a quote.

However since you’ve decided that people going by what you write and what you specifically ask for in your quote is white knighting, then I’ll leave you to it.

Aidenwolf.5964

/crickets

its not my fault if you don’t state the time period when you demand a quote.

However since you’ve decided that people going by what you write and what you specifically ask for in your quote is white knighting, then I’ll leave you to it.

It should be crystal clear that as I’m referencing legendary weapons that I’m talking about a timeline before the post you referenced as that same post cancelled legendary weapons but hey you’re right people are still buying HoT so I’ll amend to indicate that I am NOT a new player. I’m talking about pre HoT and promises made before I bought the expansion (which was a year ago).

Have at it, and welcome to Tyria.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: JasonMars.3498

JasonMars.3498

The raid is too hard , if you dun have a guild run.

Totally disaster

Donari.5237

The raid is too hard , if you dun have a guild run.

Totally disaster

Wrong thread?

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

guys, all the late changes of the game are just direct consequence of the (poor) Hot’s sells.
All, starting from Colin leaving, continue with legendaries, then casualization of HoT and now with LS episodes after 2-3 months, are all changes that happened because HoT was not received as good as expected. And be honest, who can blame them for trying to change something that has not been received as good as expected? Not me, at least. i would have done exactly the same (Maybe not getting rid of legendaries, but everything else, yes)

I personally believe the changes are for the better, april’s patch was the best patch… ever in GW2? if not ever, it was one of the top ones. And we should wait to see how good (or not) is the episode to understand if 2-3 months fits or what. We may have a surprise. So dont be so negative about the 2-3 months. Just wait for the content and we’ll see.

My only real concern is how “cowardly” (if i can use that word) is the comunication of their plans. Looks like they dont trust on their own plans, or fear they wont be able to deliver, or dont want to commit to any plan, so they can change them along the way in a more easy way.

But idk… i think they should be more proud of their projects, and they should be confident enough that if they tell us what is going to happen in 3 months, 6, or a year, we will like those projects… being in the darkness just make me untrust whatever they are working on.

I honestly wonder how they will pretend to sell us the next expansion after the HoT “fiasco” (in terms of trust and “undelivery”, at least) and with this lack of communication they are using now…
Either something else change… or things will get worst, i predict.

In any case, looking forward for the next LS3 episode on 26th July (ty press for telling it, should have been announced by the director thought..)

Donari.5237

In any case, looking forward for the next LS3 episode on 26th July (ty press for telling it, should have been announced by the director thought..)

You mean like in https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2s-living-world-returns-on-july-26/ from yesterday?

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Out of curiosity, is the HoT story required to do and to understand LWS3? Or are they two different stories?

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Distillia.9834

Distillia.9834

Thank you to the entire team for all your efforts. Often the effort it takes to get content to the shippable stage is akin to climbing a cliffside without any gear. Previously, regular updates did set a precedent for the players, but acknowledging that this process was not sustainable is admirable.

Personally, I look forward to further exploration of new environments – the attention to detail of your artists is very prominent if you take the time to explore any HoT zone, including the guild halls and raids.

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Out of curiosity, is the HoT story required to do and to understand LWS3? Or are they two different stories?

I think they wrote it’s not required (only HoT itself is) but it will definitely be better for you, because it will start exactly at point where HoT story ended

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Y’know I can see why the updates might take a bit longer due to them being voiced now. Your toon didn’t have to be voiced back during the earlier seasons and from what I understand it takes at least a month or two depending on the amount of lines and actors.
Of course thats not accounting for everything else that goes into making them.

And personally? I don’t miss the two weeks updates. Sure it was nice to have new stuff,but half the time stuff would be bugged and i’d always end up getting busy with real life and not having time to log in(or remember) to finish achieves. I’d rush through the base content and then hoped I’d be able to get all the achieves done in time before the next part came lol.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Hi all,

I signed off on the first episode of Living World Season 3, and we’re getting ready to announce the episode and its release date. I’m super proud of the team for hitting this milestone. Over the past few weeks the team has been processing up to a hundred pieces of feedback each day, working to get all the details right.

Reaching sign-off on an episode doesn’t mean we’re done. Now we integrate the episode content with the other updates that ship in this release, and with localized text and voice-over, and we do final testing of all that. To give a sense of the scope of this process, this update has about 1,500 distinct lines of new voice dialog, each of which must be recorded, integrated, and tested in each supported language. For the player character’s voice, we separately record each race/sex combination in each language, so that means 40 actors for each line.

With this release, we’re bundling a Living World episode with additional content for other areas of the game. You’ve seen that we’ve been following a pattern of releasing a bundled update each quarter; this is a content-focused continuation of that kind of thing. Of course, we’ll give this release a name, not “July Quarterly Update”. And we may be able to increase the pace, ramping from four bundled releases per year towards six, so we’ll move away from calling these “quarterly”.

Some of you may look back nostalgically at 2013 when we shipped updates every two weeks. That year we shipped a wide variety of things: nine or ten releases that we’d today call a Living World episode, plus updates to systems and content for other parts of the game, plus festivals. So it was the extreme unbundled version of this. It was nice that there was always something new, but I’m personally not wistful of that cadence, because we sacrificed so much to be able to ship that frequently. With Season 3 our goal is to deliver content sustainably, at quality, establishing a pattern we don’t have to take breaks from.

It feels great to be shipping Living World again. Thanks for your patience through the recent content draught. Having been through it, I’m sure you understand why I’m focused on sustainability.

Stay tuned for a more formal announcement, and for more details from ArenaNet and our partners.

Mo

That’s all great. Now, how about you making getting season 1 back in the game a priority like it should have been two years ago? Its absence ruins the presentation of the game. The majority of people playing didn’t and now can’t experience the content under which all of the major supporting characters were introduced and developed.

Terrible idea.
We need new content, despite many missing Season 1. It would be a massive amount of work to bring back season 1, as the world was literally changing at that time. Also, all the people who played season 1 would complain about lack of new content.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

1-6 July 1 – Sept 15
Mad King and feature pack
Winter’s Day

There you are, all cleaned up.

1-6 were on a 2 week then festivals got in the way. 8 was release after WD though you’re quite right.

Season 1 and 2 were without question on a FAR more brisk pace than we are going to see for 3.

Ep 1: Gates of Maguuma: July 1, 2014
Ep. 2: Entanglement: July 15
Ep. 3: Dragon’s Reach, Part I: July 29
Ep. 4:Dragon’s Reach, Part II: August 12

Ep. 5: Echoes of the Past: November 4
Ep. 6: Tangled Paths: November 18
Ep. 7: Seeds of Truth: December 2

Ep. 8: Point of No Return: January 13, 2015

I, and wiki, remember it differently.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_season_2

What’s more important, in my mind, is just how much will LS3: Ep 1 contain when compared to LS 2, and will it include a new playable area like the SW in addition?