Load/Save Build Templates

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Christina.7926

Christina.7926

Loved it in GW1. Would love it even more in GW2, particularly with the necessity for very different builds between Raids, general PVE, and players just wanting to customize for fun.

Being able to ping your build for others to see, load, or save (as well as for yourself) would be amazing.

Thoughts?

Attachments:

Bump fixing the Monk Outfit?

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

I prefer them spending more time writing short stories than making this happen.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I prefer them spending more time writing short stories than making this happen.

It wouldn’t be the same people working on these two types of projects.
———————————————————————————

I have long wondered why GW2 didn’t include build templates at launch. As it turns out, with all of the changes to how we make use of builds, it’s possible that not having templates has helped them evolve traits and specializations, since they don’t have to worry about updating the non-existent build template.

At this point, I suspect they are trying to work out how to deal with runes & sigils and legendary armor and templates will (I hope) end up being part of whatever updates complete those mechanics.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

I’m reminding it every now and then..
Build saving is NEEDED for this game! So please Anet is just about time..
Just a friendly reminder

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Yes please.
We should make a post about this every day.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Definitely on board for this one.

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

A+. This really can’t be repeated enough.

/nudges ANet

Christina.7926

Yeah, I’ve been wanting this since Day 1. It’s a huge feature missing from the game.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I don’t know why it wasn’t added in the first place. It was such a convenient item in GW1 that I can’t believe it wasn’t in GW2 at the very beginning.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

CMM.6712

I don’t know why it wasn’t added in the first place. It was such a convenient item in GW1 that I can’t believe it wasn’t in GW2 at the very beginning.

Along with customizable UI and disconnect/reconnect

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

A friendly +1 to your friendly reminder. Yes please!

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

As someone who is getting into experimenting with different builds, I have to +1 too.

Posted by: Yunjii Sun.3512

Yunjii Sun.3512

Loved it in GW1. Would love it even more in GW2, particularly with the necessity for very different builds between Raids, general PVE, and players just wanting to customize for fun.

Being able to ping your build for others to see, load, or save (as well as for yourself) would be amazing.

Thoughts?

I’ve been wondering since the beginning how come they didn’t implemented this yet… Another thing that has been bugging me is the lack of ability to come back to an instance just after a crash/disconnect. That was something that existed in GW1 and that was way ahead of the other games

“We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Dantert.1803

I really hope they will make it!
Keep this thread alive!

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Anet has likely been aware that build templates are missing since before launch, and is very much aware of how much the player base wants them. There is no need to bump this thread.

Given that they haven’t implemented them yet, the issues may be multifaceted. My shots in the dark include:

• The number of times the skills/traits system has been overhauled, which would require a complete rebuild of the template system. Who knows how many previous works in progress have been thrown out.
  • The frequency with which they change the IDs for skills/traits, which would make old templates have holes, or possibly break.
  • Future content plans which are at odds with making a template system work with what we have now. Edit: E.g. the addition of how revs use their utilities would have thrown many basic template styles out the window. What’s next?
  • Deeming that they have bigger fish to fry with their developer time. We don’t know how much may have been sunk into it already.
  • Some other reason which would be obvious to a developer, but far from what I would ever think or know of as an issue.

Basically, if a wonderful QoL system hasn’t been brought into the game after four years, there are likely many reasons for it being MIA.

G R E E N E R

(edited by Greener.6204)

Christina.7926

Anet has likely been aware that build templates are missing since before launch, and is very much aware of how much the player base wants them. There is no need to bump this thread.

Hopefully they are aware, but until they make an official announcement saying save/load build templates are coming, I’m going to keep rehashing and bumping this to make sure they know :P

Dantert.1803

Hopefully they are aware, but until they make an official announcement saying save/load build templates are coming, I’m going to keep rehashing and bumping this to make sure they know :P

^^ THIS! ^^

CMM.6712

Be wary of bumping, it is against the forum rules. Having said that, this has has to one of the most requested QoL items the community has put forth.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m open to the idea of a partial build template to start, for example one that remembers just traits. That alone would be a big help. Over time, small additions could be made to the system.

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

• Deeming that they have bigger fish to fry with their developer time. We don’t know how much may have been sunk into it already.

I completely understand the point you’re making, but bigger fish? Hell, I wouldn’t care if the next living world season (or whatever) was postponed so that this could be put in place. It would be a major, major QoL improvement for me and I’m sure many others. One thing I love to be able to do in every MMO I’ve played is to set up tons of builds for different situations and access them on the fly. No doubt about it, build saving makes me a more flexible player, and a better one as well, as it’s often just too much kittening trouble to optimize for every little situation otherwise.

Others of course may disagree, but it’s literally the #1 thing I want out the game right now lol.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

why do you need saved templates? Theres only really 3-4 builds worth while at any given time per a class – power, condi, support.

Its not like there is an overwhleming number of choices – 3 traits per a trait level and half the skill bar is decided by the weapon you choose

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

My memory is a bit fuzzy on the topic but I recall a dev (possibly with colin?) interview around the time of HoT launching where this topic was brought up. Its something they know we want and they were working on it in the background but there were some other things that needed to get done first. IE, its a side project some of the devs get to work on when not busy with other stuff.

But that info is a year old…who know what has changed since then.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

+1 on this. And ppl wonder why players leave. Its annoying. Not having build templates and duel option literaly shows how this game is morbidly planned. Its time to implement these.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I’m open to the idea of a partial build template to start, for example one that remembers just traits. That alone would be a big help. Over time, small additions could be made to the system.

Right here…just the Traits would work for me. I can swap weapons/armor on the fly.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t