Localized music

Localized music

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

It goes without saying that having the opportunity to put our own music in the game is very interesting option. Like many other games I play, I like the music to fit with the environment I play in. As it is, we have 9 playlists associated with environments; Ambient, Battle, Boss Battle, City, Defeated, Main Menu, Night Time, Underwater and Victory.

As great as this option is, I was wondering if there would be a possibility to have more variety in the soundtracks that play, or, if you prefer, better localized music. Let me explain. Ambient for example, is great, but Ambient plays everywhere in Tyria; in the Maguuma Jungle, the Shiverpeaks or in the devastated lands of Orr.

As such, Ambient music should be different given the area you’re in. The Shiverpeaks we could could use Nordic music, in the Maguuma we could have jungle-like beats, Orr could have a bleak tone of the player’s choice (think STALKER). Other areas could benefit from more localized soundtrack options like the main cities; Charr, Asura, Norn and such. For instance:

Ambient Maguuma
Ambient Orr
Ambient Shiverpeaks
Ambient Ascalon
Ambient Kryta

I just wonder.

(edited by Noa.7490)

Localized music

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

Get steam account > Add GW2 as non-steam game > Add music to your steam music player library > Login to the game via Steam > Shift + Tab while in-game and open music player > Enjoy fast access to a in game music player + browser access for youtube vidoes:)