Lock out mystic forge and looting during BETA

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flapjackson.1596

Flapjackson.1596

So are we physically incapable of seeing the option of locking the MF and not regular drops? Because I got real tired of seeing people complain that they couldn’t keep their 12 MF precursors they got but I was mad because this overtook the ACTUAL issue of people not being able to keep drops this weekend from Teq/TT/dungeons/fractals etc. Why is everyone either saying we should have kept our MF precursors or bashing everyone and saying it makes sense to not be rewarded for playing a beta that is taking place in the regular game with everyone else not on a separate client. There is a clear middle ground here people come on.

Abaddon: Fallen God of Water, Secrets, and Dance Battles
In Vino Veritas

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Would it not be ok to just have a beta npc that is only visible to beta testers that provides free gear to test with that once purchased from vendor is bound/cannot be salvage/forged/what ever else is needed to make sure there isn’t ways to break the economy then maybe…let us keep loots/exp we get while testing? Tis cruel to mix ‘beta’ with live imo, real real cruel.

Also I feel extremely limited when it comes to testing the reverant….I have no access to the things I need to really see what the rev is capable of. But w/e, hope hot releases soon then we shall all have fun with broken/untested things that will be inevitably found after launch. ha. Btw, have not use MF at all….wasted 40+ hours testing rev this weekend for absolutely nothing; testers paid money to do this test btw…the new ugly trend in gaming.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

So are we physically incapable of seeing the option of locking the MF and not regular drops? Because I got real tired of seeing people complain that they couldn’t keep their 12 MF precursors they got but I was mad because this overtook the ACTUAL issue of people not being able to keep drops this weekend from Teq/TT/dungeons/fractals etc. Why is everyone either saying we should have kept our MF precursors or bashing everyone and saying it makes sense to not be rewarded for playing a beta that is taking place in the regular game with everyone else not on a separate client. There is a clear middle ground here people come on.

No, there isn’t. As a beta character, the balance is not done. Therefore, that dropped loot could be ill-gotten gains if the Revenant is OP.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I think Anet should just be nice and grant precursors to the main account. Otherwise it’s just a punch in the gut.

takes a drink