Lookie what I found!!!

Lookie what I found!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Now, I am not dumb enough to think for one minute that I am the only person who may have found this or even posted a thread about this but… since I can’t find any forum evidence of either, here goes nothing.

Day before yesterday, I was bored, waiting around for reset so I can go farm my flax, ya know, so I was in my guild hall just fooling around. I went to the tip top of my Arena and I glided off and had a thought. Gee, could I get up here?

So I bought me a whole bunch of snowflakes and got crafty and it… ultimately lead me to the screenshots I have provided before you all, below.

Next day I show my husband this and we got to talking as we both agreed, this area is far too developed, far too GORGEOUS that it wasn’t meant to be used for anything, and there is no easy passage way that we found to get to this spot so…

My husband and I speculated that… what IF… Anet is intended this part of the guild hall to be used for future guild hall upgrades in the future?

What do you all think?

(P.S., Anet, if this was not meant to be found and because I and possibly others have shared this and you, ya know, make it impossible for us to reach this again, I’m… gonna be… very sad.)

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s interesting. I don’t think I’ve seen pictures of that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Lookie what I found!!!

Jaymee.1560

It’s almost like the Northern half of the map has been inaccessible, so the snow steps I formed took me up and over that wall, and on the other side is a very well developed, very beautiful looking place! It looks like it maybe meant for something that… we aren’t allowed to access at the point but may be allowed to have access to in the future

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: ElijahFitzroy.5762

ElijahFitzroy.5762

Yeah that area is cool. I actually found it back when we first opened the guild hall. You can actually get to it without the snow. You just head over to where the guild teleported is and before you go down the steps to it jump to the left and hop up. It’s a bit zig zaggy but you get there. It’s an awesome area. What I want to figure out is how to get to the area that is closed off to the top right of the map which is just beyond what you found there.

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Thats probably space for the new gated WvW upgrades. Like how you need to build your own keep there for 10,000 gold in order for the guild to be able to cap keeps in the future, or 20,000 gold to allow taking supply from camps.

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

It opens up with Guild Level 40s Further Exploration but there’s nothing in it yet. Awaiting further additions to build in the new area.

At Dawdler, the WvW building in the hollow is east of the Tavern. I dont think they will add another building for WvW.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Lookie what I found!!!

Jaymee.1560

Yeah that area is cool. I actually found it back when we first opened the guild hall. You can actually get to it without the snow. You just head over to where the guild teleported is and before you go down the steps to it jump to the left and hop up. It’s a bit zig zaggy but you get there. It’s an awesome area. What I want to figure out is how to get to the area that is closed off to the top right of the map which is just beyond what you found there.

Yep, I know what area you mean, husband and I spent 3 hours and TONS of snow piles trying to figure that one out, but… apparently, we’re not meant to be there, not even by accident

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

“Now available for particularly large guilds is this beautiful overlook; a passageway can be unlocked to gain access to this area starting at guild level 100 with the use of an Guild Hall Overlook Passageway Ticket, a very rare drop from Black Lion Chests.

Don’t forget your Black Lion Chest Keys, available in the Gem Store for only 125 gems each!"

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Yep, I know what area you mean, husband and I spent 3 hours and TONS of snow piles trying to figure that one out, but… apparently, we’re not meant to be there, not even by accident

You actually dont need any decoration to reach that closed up part. It’s actually a 2-parts jumping puzzle by anet and is legitimately reachable.

To get there: go up the stairs north of the Mine, keep going North until you see a big tree that reaches across the valley, walk on the tree, jump on the ledge and walk a bit north, walk up so you will see a waterfall (move your camera abit), then glide toward the waterfall, reach another short waterfall, then on the east of it is the start of the jumping puzzle that leads up (if you go the other way you will reach the lower part and the other side of the closed door). The end of the jumping puzzle is on top of the building inside the waterfall that you can see in your 4th screenshoot.

I actually made a jp that extends anet’s jp. And another jp that reaches the very top, the highest point of guild hall.

You can contact me in game if you’re interested to try or find anet’s jp :P

And on the note that guild hall is still being developed. The top part of the guild hall keeps being changed these past months. It was empty before. Then they added a big tree. Then they removed the tree later. There are other structures up top. The lv40 upgrade only opens up a very small part below of guild hall. So expect there will be a whole lot more.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

(edited by NTDK.4897)

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

With the current size of the halls and how much space the current buildings take up, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think they would add stuff to the guildhall later on. Maybe new buildings with upgrades, or just areas to build for show as well, maybe even areas for new mini games like the adventures.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Lookie what I found!!!

NTDK.4897

With the current size of the halls and how much space the current buildings take up, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think they would add stuff to the guildhall later on. Maybe new buildings with upgrades, or just areas to build for show as well, maybe even areas for new mini games like the adventures.

Yup. The Guild Hall is being actively developed from what I’ve seen. The top part of it keeps being changed these past months. It was empty before. Then they added a big tree. Then they removed the tree later. There’re big open area and structures up top. The lv40 upgrade only opens up a small part below of Guild Hall. So expect there will be a lot more.

Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

You actually dont need any decoration to reach that closed up part. It’s actually a 2-parts jumping puzzle by anet and is legitimately reachable.

To get there: go up the stairs north of the Mine, keep going North until you see a big tree that reaches across the valley, walk on the tree, jump on the ledge and walk a bit north, walk up so you will see a waterfall (move your camera abit), then glide toward the waterfall, reach another short waterfall, then on the east of it is the start of the jumping puzzle that leads up (if you go the other way you will reach the lower part and the other side of the closed door). The end of the jumping puzzle is on top of the building inside the waterfall that you can see in your 4th screenshoot.

I actually made a jp that extends anet’s jp. And another jp that reaches the very top, the highest point of guild hall.

And on the note that guild hall is still being developed. The top part of the guild hall keeps being changed these past months. It was empty before. Then they added a big tree. Then they removed the tree later. There are other structures up top. The lv40 upgrade only opens up a very small part below of guild hall. So expect there will be a whole lot more.

You are both taking a stupidly long way to access this area.

To the right of your guild crystal alcove, there are stairs that go down to the portal. to the left of those stairs there’s a grey boulder with moss on it blocking the passageway.

Jump on the boulder, and you’ll see there’s a narrow gap on the right side of it you can jump up to and through.

It takes less than 30 seconds to get to this area, with no decorations, from the starting waypoint.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Lookie what I found!!!

NTDK.4897

You are both taking a stupidly long way to access this area.

To the right of your guild crystal alcove, there are stairs that go down to the portal. to the left of those stairs there’s a grey boulder with moss on it blocking the passageway.

Jump on the boulder, and you’ll see there’s a narrow gap on the right side of it you can jump up to and through.

It takes less than 30 seconds to get to this area, with no decorations, from the starting waypoint.

no no. I’m talking about the North East closed part with a big door. Not the center one.

Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They wanted to give us a lot of freedom. With advanced gliding and enough effort you can go anywhere in the zone. ;o If they add more over time then awesome. XD Orrr we can add it ourselves.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Lookie what I found!!!

NTDK.4897

They wanted to give us a lot of freedom. With advanced gliding and enough effort you can go anywhere in the zone. ;o If they add more over time then awesome. XD Orrr we can add it ourselves.

o_0 that spiral lol

Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My guild doesn’t have much in the way of decorations yet. How do you do that spiral? Do you need a much larger thing to place and then remove? I tested a bit with some pumpkins by snow and even the tiniest deletion circle just barely touching the outside edge of a pumpkin still erased it and the snow next to it.

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

OMG Please send me a guild invite. I want to fly around Lost Precipice but lazy to copy your spiral… haha

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Regarding your snow mounds:
I’m not able to find an item to make these snow platforms. I’m digging around on the wiki at anything related to the snowflakes, but I’m having no luck finding what could produce these mounds. Would someone be kind enough to share this information please?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Oh, you buy those for 100 flawless snowflakes from the decorations vendor near the waypoint you arrive at via the go-to-hall button. Same guy that sold the pumpkins.

Lookie what I found!!!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Thank you very much, Donari.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Lookie what I found!!!

NTDK.4897

My guild doesn’t have much in the way of decorations yet. How do you do that spiral? Do you need a much larger thing to place and then remove? I tested a bit with some pumpkins by snow and even the tiniest deletion circle just barely touching the outside edge of a pumpkin still erased it and the snow next to it.

uses Flag Poles. You can buy them with some commendations in the Guild Initiative Office.

with a flagpole, you can adjust the height of the snow. Put pole on snow, put another snow on top of pole. Remove pole. Repeat.

Incoming Quaggans [iQ]