Looking to continue GW2...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

WvW is in a very precarious state right now as it almost seems the WvW devs are trying their best to kill it. The danger that the upcoming Leagues will push all remaining players away is very real and what Anet does or does not do in the next few weeks will determine whether WvW remains as a viable game mode.

As for sPvP. Anet’s still has delusions of grandeur (with emphasis on delusion) that it will be an esport.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

At current state most of the content can be experienced with exotic (almost no grind), complaints concern mainly the fact that we don’t know how much grindy it will be in the future and the small changes that devs made right now are worrying some people (me included), mostly casuals that want easily accessible BiS and just an horizontal progression.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I will say the game is quite fun at the moment, we got TEQ as world boss, we got scarlet invasion as group event, we got LS every 2 weeks.

I don’t like vertical progression but i am okay with the ascended weapon crafting as long as it is the only additional tier forever. Otherwise i will just walk away, because i have out of expected contents for what i’ve paid for.

I still consider GW2 a casual MMO, although i have 5 lv80, 1 lv71, 1 lv45, 1 lv27 and none of them are fully exotic, almost no ascended gear either, i haven’t tried any FotM, i’ve only done AC, CM, Arah dungeon, i don’t have plan going after legendary too, because i am a very casual player. Don’t worry, unless you are a lot more hardcore gamer than me, otherwise there are tons of things you can do before you reached the “mindless grind” period.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

i love WvW,ignore that guy above, WvW is fun and still vary active,its great PVP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

WvW is good, PvP is good. Both have some issues but are extremely fun. Can’t speak for endgame PvE as I haven’t really done any.

The forum communities of both have unfortunately degraded somewhat heavily. You’re likely to get an earful of qq if you ask the same question in the WvW or PvP subforum.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Ignore Lord Kuru’s rant.

The game is very much fun. You can do dungeons, explore the world, do world bosses. Gathering weapons and armor is neither easy nor too time consuming.

Furthermore, making a new character is good fun. You’re pretty much safe to do whatever you like in this game.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I played it during release but never got hooked due to many other distractions at the time. I currently find myself craving some MMO / adventure / exploration / pvp… yada yada. I look to GW2, currently have a level 40… I’ve read and heard a lot of mixed things in-game about the current state of what happens at level 80.

I am most curious about the content, is it … fun at 80? Is it a completely mindless grind just like WoW turned into with absolutely no thought involved in anything? The uttermost important question is the pvp FUN and possibly meaningful?

Thanks for your time guys.

Well, I’d say the only advantage of getting to 80 is access to all content.

Otherwise, WvW and SPvP can be accessed at your level. Most maps in PvE have a number of Jumping Puzzles hidden away if that’s your thing.

As for grind, I’d say that it’s only a grind if you make it a grind.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.