Looking to try a new class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bluntlow.7042

Bluntlow.7042

Just started the game around Monday and have been messing around with classes. Warrior is pretty fun and am around level 20. I tried engineer to 10 and it didn’t sink in. Looking at third or mesmer, but I don’t want a class with low dps, how is third and meaner in dungeons and PvP?

Bluntlow.7042

Ugh auto correct, I meant third and mesmer.

Bluntlow.7042

Thief >.<

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

honestly, all classes can do dps pretty well. what i suggest is go with whatever you like playing best

there is an easy way to test out classes

make a human character with the desired class
beat starting zone (elemental hands boss)
go the spvp
then just mess around with its skills and whatnot, there is a vendor that can sell you weapons for cheap to try

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Well, what is your favourite playing style? (aside from DPSing)

Bluntlow.7042

I’ll try that with theif and mesmer, will certain classes be ignored by dungeon groups?

Bluntlow.7042

Typically I’m not big on casters but the meaner looks interesting, in know I usually tank, and I have a warrior, I’m aware that this game doesn’t really have tank heal and dps roles. I like stealth characters but I want to know if they are good in PvP and dungeons. And how long to complete the starting zone?

Bluntlow.7042

Autocorrect is killing me

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

human starting zone takes like 5 minutes

if you like stealth characters then you’ll like both mesmer and thief. maybe thief more since you dont like casters.

Thanathos.2063

You could try the guardian, too, since it’s a bit more “tankier” but still able to do nice DPS and it’s nice for additional group support, too.

The starting zone is a short instance (at least I think that’s what you mean) that can be left anytime without actually doing it by walking towards the reddish area on your map (the borders of that instance).

Posted by: mangolemonade.8174

mangolemonade.8174

I started not long ago myself and I found that I enjoyed Elementalist more than anything, she is my one and only max level; although I started a Revenant just 4 days ago and playing whenever I get off work I am level 33 right now. I am finding the revenant to be more enjoyable than the Elementalist, though at the moment she is just as squishy feeling as my ele.

Bluntlow.7042

I just don’t want to play one and it turn out to be weak dps, or no one would want to do groups because of it.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Autocorrect is killing me

Turn off autocorrect then. I do that with every new phone I get. Autocorrect is horrible. Too many words it just does not know and I am not taking the time out to try to “teach” it very common words.

Posted by: nobleroar.2078

nobleroar.2078

not many people are doing dungeons anymore though

if you are afraid that no one wants you in a grp, just be a mesmer – they seems to be doing well in most of the game modes. But it all boils down to your preference, all classes have their ups and downs.

Jade Quarry
Mesmer | Night

Bluntlow.7042

Thanks for the responses. Why don’t people do dungeons anymore?

Thanathos.2063

The rewards got nerved. It’s just not lucrative enough. However, there’s still enough end game content.. fractals, raids and so on.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I play a MM necro and the best part about that is i can go AFK in a mob infested area and come back with loot on the ground.