Looks like no one's happy re balance patch.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Eles are happy just to not be nerfed again. Nobody is going to post about that though because they don’t want to tempt fate. Plus we got some decent improvements for PvP, which were much needed. We still have some issues with survivability and inherent design flaws, so I guess that’s where the “meh” people are coming from.

But seriously, zero Ele nerfs. How long has it been since that happened?

This. I’m just really hoping they don’t decide to nerf Ele burning next patch now. Condi Ele has never really been a thing (with the exception of back when Cele D/D was OP) so it would be nice to have some condi love for once. Not that it’ll ever be meta…

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: Lockheart.4312

Lockheart.4312

And they keep ignoring Turrets.

they keep ignoring turrets because they want engineer to be a middle ground support jack of all trades multitool that exists in a game that does not support the middle ground. Also turrets made pvp babies cry at launch, probably killed a 5 sig hambow warrior dev at the time, and thusly got nerfed to obscurity.

You either build tanky, or you build bursty, anything in between is punished severely in the harder content.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

You either build tanky, or you build bursty, anything in between is punished severely in the harder content.

If that were true, then celestial wouldn’t work so incredibly well.

It’s probably more that ‘anything in between’ requires more thought and effort to build effectively. A skill never/rarely required in earlier content when it’d be a good time to learn it.

~EW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am fine with the patch but I play every class … or at least I have every class :P

I play for the playstyle, I don’t have any need to stick to any one class.

It would have been nice to see a bit of adjustment to the rev heals to be less crappy.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Cant honestly speak for the rest of the classes but it doesnt seem that the changes were wholly unfair. The only thing im really puzzled about is of the changes have actually stopped the issue in wvw?

They have, massively. Last night we had equal footing with the enemy whenever we fought them away from the stupid cannons, and could do actual good damage for once, with their attempts to faceroll ending up in their deaths.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

For me it’s the most impactfull (negative) balance patch in a while. The team clearly can split skills (see frost bow of ele) in pvp and pve.

With that in mind they nerf Signet of inspiration to the ground, say they buff mesmer dps in comparison, but only give him 6% sword damage extra? is that a joke. Blurred frenzy double damage is cute, but not enough by long shot. Mesmer is almost useless but a pure buff bot now. Revenent even lost any reason for existance in raids.

Ele 33% attunement skills cooldown reduction nerfed to 20% (aka all fire skills are reduce X % trait), nerfed ele (imo) to the ground. 33% (and you coudlnt have all, it was a choice), was a huge favor to nr 3+4+5 skills. It made attunement dancing fun, and also feel ele matter more with overal weak utility/elite skills (after frostbow nerf). Then you hammer it down. But that wasn’t enough, nope. The only ranged viable, to spam, dps serving skills, did get a cooldown increase: lava font. making fire attunement even more boring then it already was: spam mostly fireball, and go out. That’s a double nerf to lava font cd. Why not start with one at a time to see if it’s correct? And not the fun part, they give a few underused skills their (sort off) 33% cooldown back… Basically Anet admits they made a mistake, but hides it by the fact they gave cd reduction to skills not used in current meta. With the crazy bad auto attacks (apart from lightning whip) on ele, + all the cooldown ramifications, ele is still a no go zone for me. Not fun to play, yet one of my most played professions in gw2.

Then there’s engineer. Auto attacks still feel low, forcing you to use grenade ALL the time in pve, how fun is that? ‘For simplicity sake’ (or something alone those lines’, we remove daze from all gyro’s… What a joke… Guardian traps still Daze, every little one of them. Doing those two at same time conlcudes Anet knows nothing about unbiased, correctly spread balance.

Then there’s the druid nerfs. AF feels very clunky and barely worth it to use in non healing build now. Just the magic aura from raid bosses will almost do more damage, then a few quick heals can do in AF, wich makes it feel pointless. And that’s the keyword that makes me mad in this patch: Pointless. Every profession now has in a certain way a pointless feel to it except for Guardian and warrior, wich are my least favoured playstyles.

Mesmer: Just a boonbot (in past you were an incredible boon bot, making you forget it’s other weakness like dps).

Elementalist: To long cooldowns on most skills for such ‘attunement dancing’ profession.

Necromancer: Lost a huge chunk of dps (condi), loosing spot most likely in raids, and maybe fractals. Not only that, a lot of the weaknesses remain on necro (not all that good dodging, healing support etc). The power changes (boost to axe/Gs) are good though. A small part of patch being good, but overshadowed by destruction of the meta build (condi).

Thief: Venom changed for the 100th time. While i like venoms, and they needed improvements, and i like them being party buffs by default (and hated the connected nerf) and now like that cd’s reduced to counter that nerf a bit), thief needs so much more then just changes around this… Breakbar skills where are they? Thief should have some very strong ones (like head shot was when it works with defiance). Only elite venom works for this. Thief also (sooner or later) needs it dodges nerfed, and burst (especially the non stealth ones) improved. Dancing dagger may finally be usefull again… i never got the nerf to that skill. It costs initiative, can be reflected, and only cripples added to it’s damage… least it can do is good damage.

Druid: AF made (mostly) useless apart from grace of land affection, and healing based builds. Feeling as druid was already weak in wvw, and the professions leading wvw barely got nerf (DH , warrior!) this is not good. I agree it needed nerf in pvp. But … Keep it to pvp then for god Sake!… is that so hard. Shortbow finally boosted (wich is good), but I get no ‘wow’ out of this, especially as condi build on druid need both expertise and condition damage to be decent, and with those two, you cannot combine healing into the build wich makes Celestial avatar mostly useless. Basically patch made druid ‘ok you still meta, but just by an inch and much more shoehorned, we do not allow anything else but the shoehorned builds’… right… Good Anet? I don’t think so. Thought was good, execution very bad.

Continued in part 2

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Part 1 continued (part 2 now)
Engineer: elite spec nerfed quite a bit, still no decent (imo) auto attack, the only chance of one of the least used kits in pve (tool kit) to be used in pve, gutted (gear shield nerfed), the non kit skills usually being mandatory (like in pvp, elixis S, certain builds), or very bad and never used. For being a ‘dancing ’ profession (dancing between so much skills and kits), the profession feels to weak imo. It’s not accepted in raids, exept for people that know (and trust) your engineer (player) skills. That’s not good imo. And that not about dps increase, don’t make me laugh, it’s almost non existent. Engi needs more, something… not crazy stuff, but something tangible, something raid/fractal meta changing.

Guardian: Is finally in a good state imo. Is at risk for ‘big nerfs’. Surprised they didn’t with all pvp complaints. But since they (clealy seen now) can resist huge nerf X threads, Anet should stop nerfing other professions to much also (ele, thief come to mind as overnerfed). Some skills (imo) are still to clunky (slow casting), making the profession feel quickly boring. Hence not my playstyle overall (but i still might try it for once, since almost all other professions are gutted).

Revenant: Shiro heal finally not working true dodges/blocks… Every time i saw that heal, i was like ‘instincly dodge, to remove the burst’. Then, omg noo, i dodged for nothing. This nerf was good, and warranted. Gives counter to very good skill. now the bad news. Support from rev is quite bad these days if not non existing with the boon duration nerf. Dps and skill viability is pretty low, and the energy limitations and cooldown limitations hamper fun rotations imo, especially in pve. This class is now very bad (imo) in pve, and really needs something (quite big actually in pve) to get it going again.

Warrior: Ray Cronacher inner self has return. Now that to much nerf was done to revenent (his favorite bias protection profession after HoT), he switched mains CLEARLY to warrior. I like warrior in pvp actually (hate it in pve though). But no nerf at all? Wtf. 8 sec endure pain, tons of resistance…, and massive bursts at the same time. Also huge stuns (wich punish builds that require 3 skills that are not a stunbreaker to shine in their role, quite a lot builds are like that in these meta actually). Add to that super adrenal health + healing signet and wow… Sure ESL players know how to counter it, but they have teamspeak, can combo skills via teamspeak commands like nobody else. In unranked (soloQ vs soloQ) it’s to strong imo. And then the text from Anet: “Warrior is doing good in all modes, so not much changes are present”. Many things go true my mind when reading this and noone are positive. Many classes got gutted especially in pve. They barely hold their ‘role’ value over the last patch in raids. For me that means they are actually erased, as the fun factor (slight build diversity allowance within meta) is gone. So why allow other professions a gut (some that are not even good in more then one playmode), and allow this profession to stay on top of all game modes? Bias much? Or turn it around: If this class is in a good spot because it can do all gamemodes well (wich i think is a good thing), Why not make it so other professions get the same treatment? Why gut them instead? I don’t get it.

And with this for first time in a long time, even switching profession as main gives me not enough satisfaction to overcome the nerf feeling. I feel like something is permanently taken away from me and not given back, with the nerfs in this patch.

In conclusion: In my opinion a very bad patch and the old (NOT GOOD) Ray Cronacher has risen… Please stop the necromancer making him alive again, it’s not good. (pun intended)

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

As a Power Necro who uses GS and Axe, I am actually happy.

Well GS Buff is like a 200 DPS Increase.

200 or 200% increase?

NSPride <3