Looks like the wurm event will be changing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Wow, no overflow problem anymore for this event on Tarnish Coast. Hardly anyone shows for it given the paltry rewards for the difficulty of the event.

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

It was designed as optionally as it is :P

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

ya i tried to logon TC before because I thought people will go there. Since it is much active than my home server.

Apparently everyone guest to “I think BC”. So if you want to do guest to BC.

Even the overflow is much more active.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Wow, no overflow problem anymore for this event on Tarnish Coast. Hardly anyone shows for it given the paltry rewards for the difficulty of the event.

I know a lot of servers/guilds for now have put it off temporarily considering:
1.) Scaling is incredibly bugged and will make you lose phase 1
2.) Invulnerability on 2nd phase is bugged for 10 seconds
3.) Marionette is temporary and currently very rewarding

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

4) Timing is synced with Teq and thus we have a choice. Atm Teq is the better choice given 1-3

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

TTS does both Teq and the Wurm at the same time. It’s not about the rewards, but the challenge.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

And, it should never be changed in any way. Like Teq, it should remain an object lesson in how not to design content for open world PvE.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It won’t change. Tequatl has been dead for months on just about every single server and nothing has changed there. They’re too stubborn to admit when they’ve kittened up.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

It won’t change. Tequatl has been dead for months on just about every single server and nothing has changed there. They’re too stubborn to admit when they’ve kittened up.

Tequatl dead? Wow, JQ usually overflows that place, sometimes a couple overflows deep.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

last time Teq was alive and well, with not one soul fighting it. Same goes for the Wurms. They are just chillin.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

last time Teq was alive and well, with not one soul fighting it. Same goes for the Wurms. They are just chillin.

Same on my server. Some guild members keep trying to do it, but they just guest to a more active server.

The devs have basically said these events are meant for the mega specialty guilds and not the regular community so it should be safe to just ignore them.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Tequatl dead? Wow, JQ usually overflows that place, sometimes a couple overflows deep.

Therefore, the same must be true of all servers.

/logic

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Therefore, the same must be true of all servers.

/logic

“Dead for months on just about every single server” is certainly quite the exaggeration.

#TeamJadeQuarry

laokoko.7403

^ I think there are 24 US server. Only 2 main server did the last Tequal. Nothing wrong with what he says.

If you really want to kill Teq. Join a guild which do them. It’s not hard. The problem is I dont’ think most people cares.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

TTS does both Teq and the Wurm at the same time. It’s not about the rewards, but the challenge.

What challenge?

My first (and so far only) time fighting the wurm was in an overflow with randoms, and we got through the initial mechanic without a hitch. But it didn’t take but a few minutes to realize that our group couldn’t possibly DPS enough to kill the boss before the timer ran out. Neither our skill, ability, nor any strategy we used mattered.

After you get past the initial mechanic, the actual ‘difficulty’ of the fight is nothing but a brainless stat check, just like Tequatl. There is no challenge or strategy in squelching every last point of DPS out of the stat system.

I mapped out and haven’t gone back.

I’m all for challenging content, and when they actually add some I’ll be right there ready for it. What I will not be around for is artificial ‘challenge’ predetermined by how you game the flawed stat system.

laokoko.7403

^ The most important part about any raid is to kick the bad players out.

If you are not dedicated enough to take a few minutes to register to a raiding guild, you are probably not dedicated enough(aka one of the bad players).

If you actually join a dedicated raiding group in which everyone cares. They’ll have the stats, consumable, everything ready.

Conncept.7638

^ The most important part about any raid is to kick the bad players out.

If you are not dedicated enough to take a few minutes to register to a raiding guild, you are probably not dedicated enough(aka one of the bad players).

If you actually join a dedicated raiding group in which everyone cares. They’ll have the stats, consumable, everything ready.

There’s a quote button for a reason…

I’m pretty sure the most important part of any fight is winning the fight.

Most players figured out the mechanics on Tequatl within the first few tries, I was part of a group of twenty that went against Tequatl in an overflow. We lost one single turret and nobody went down the entire fight. But we couldn’t win, because we didn’t have the numbers, not because we didn’t have the skill. Any group of players able to comply with and complete the mechanics of a fight have the skill to win that fight.

The wurm isn’t ‘elite’ content, it’s just gated content, unfortunately gated behind a poorly managed stat system. And frankly I cannot imagine how horrible you would have to be to think these fights are actually difficult.

Skill has nothing at all to do with stats or system-generated numbers. In far too many encounters actual skill is pointless, gutted from the fight in favor of a skill-less stat check.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

laokoko.7403

^ exactly you can’t do it because you have 20 good players and 80 bad players. If you get rid of those 80 bad players or teach them into good players you might have a chance.

anything wrong with what I said?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

And that is why I dislike raid-like content and hope they wouldn’t make in GW2. It’s barely about being good at the game, it’s only about getting enough people who aren’t terribly dumb (gearing for DPS and using consumables isn’t being good, it’s not being a burden).

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

^ I think there are 24 US server. Only 2 main server did the last Tequal. Nothing wrong with what he says.

If you really want to kill Teq. Join a guild which do them. It’s not hard. The problem is I dont’ think most people cares.

That’s because the last Tequatl event was during working (and school) hours on a weekday. No surprise at all that turnout was low.

Wait until primetime and check again.

Conncept.7638

^ exactly you can’t do it because you have 20 good players and 80 bad players. If you get rid of those 80 bad players you might have a chance.

anything wrong with what I said?

I don’t think you are understanding me, or possibly I’m not understanding you. I was among 20 random players period, there were no other players available on the map to help with Tequatl.

And those twenty players were good enough to near flawlessly execute every mechanic and stymie every enemy mechanic for the entire duration of the fight. That is undeniably skilled play. And yet DPSing as much as possible through the entire fight we barely scratched him.

Why should skill like that be worthless next to stacking stats and standing in a mindless throng of similarly minmaxed players? If shouldn’t; your stats should matter no matter which set you pick, your guild and server should matter little to not at all, and your skill should matter most. Yet in reality in these new large-scale events both the skill of each player and the skill of the group at large matter the least of any factor.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

laokoko.7403

That’s because the last Tequatl event was during working (and school) hours on a weekday. No surprise at all that turnout was low.

Wait until primetime and check again.

5 out of 24. right after reset. Not sure what this prove.

And it is kind of hard to tell which server is doable. Unless you join a teq raiding guild.

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

And it is kind of hard to tell which server is doable. Unless you join a teq raiding guild.

5 of the most populated servers and a handful of overflows.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

laokoko.7403

5 of the most populated servers and a handful of overflows.

I actually wrote it to show the guy is right. Tequal is dead in many server. I didn’t say there isn’t many tequal kill happening.

And I’m mainly just telling people if you really want to do it so badly. Join a raiding guild. Or find friend on the few top server who can guest you.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

After you get past the initial mechanic, the actual ‘difficulty’ of the fight is nothing but a brainless stat check, just like Tequatl. There is no challenge or strategy in squelching every last point of DPS out of the stat system.

Shhh… Noo… These events are all about being hardcore and elite. At least that is what some people want you to think. :P

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I actually wrote it to show the guy is right. Tequal is dead in many server. I didn’t say there isn’t many tequal kill happening.

I was talking about populations, considering how frequently he is killed on larger servers (where there are more people) then he’s not exactly dead even if many servers don’t do it, particularly since guesting makes “my server doesn’t do X” irrelevant.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

laokoko.7403

I was talking about populations, considering how frequently he is killed on larger servers (where there are more people) then he’s not exactly dead even if many servers don’t do it, particularly since guesting makes “my server doesn’t do X” irrelevant.

well I don’t know about TTS. But many of the kills might be from TTS. So I’m not sure many server actually do them. Maybe TTS just happened to guest there at that time.

Out of the 5 kills I’d say a few of them actually are from small server.

I think beside BG. I’m not sure any server actually regularly do them, beside TTS doing them. If you know any server regularly do them(not because of TTS) let me know.

And I’m not implying anything. Only thing I imply is if you really want to do those open world raid. Try joining a raiding guild.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m on Tarnished Coast, a high pop and well known active server. Last Saturday night, prime-time 8:30 or so EST I was in Spark Fly doing some alt map completion stuff. Someone announced in chat that Teq was up and the only response was, “That’s nice.” I should have taken a screen shot I guess to validate this post but I was busy doing my own thing.

The Burninator

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I’m on Tarnished Coast, and in a guild where we do it twice every Sunday. So… now what?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Do it twice on Saturday too. Some of us can’t make the Sunday runs.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

That’s because everyone guests to those servers, whine “But my server doesn’t do it!” and can’t even remove the scales from Tequatl, dodge or waypoint.

Then you get overflow upon overflow of the natives trying to get in their own server.