Loot Dro kitten ue Confirmed: Feedback Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Well, I’m glad they kept digging. However, the response also saddens me a bit. Veterans still can not drop loot and, wait for it, Champions only guarantee you at least getting a BLUE! Gimme a break. Blues are vendor trash and that Veterans only have a somewhat better chance of dropping anything is just sad.

Champions are just pointless to fight, Period.

People should have nearly the same earning potential doing world PvE as doing dungeons. They should also be able to play lower level content via scaling and have nearly the same earning potential as they would have doing level 80 world PvE content. There should be some incentive for tackling the more challenging content, but in the end, the game should reward and encourage any form of game play that keeps players playing and having fun.

So, yeah, it’s nice that the community was vindicated, but there are still much deeper issues here that aren’t being addressed. GW2 wants to create a new paradigm for MMO play, but it continues to be held back by developer resistance to it’s true potential.

As to vets and champions, I get why they might not want a new flood of Masterwork+ items, so maybe it’s time to start considering other rewards for Vets and Champions, in addition to the current loot tables? In any event, vets should always drop something and Champions should always drop the equivalent of a fairly generous chest, i.e. 2-4 rolls on the loot table, plus some guaranteed reward, like maybe something akin to the Orrian Jewelry Box.

This is my complaint too, these things take a lot to bring down and we still only get a blue while people farm dragons on multiple servers (guesting instantly on server after server) now getting rare or exotics over and over, while rest of the map lies dead…

Blue and green rewards just don’t cut it for Champions, and a green should be lowest rewards on Vets, this limiting the open world is limiting the populations to me…why is it ok to guest on multiple server just killing dragons for loot, or run that fotm but not ok to play the rest of the game the same…

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I’ve had a niggling thing in the back of mind for quite some time. Before I started playing this in August/September, I’m sure I read somewhere at some point that reward for killing mobs was not based on the amount of damage caused. The reason given for this being how it is frowned upon helping someone in many other MMOs because you take away some of their loot potential and ArenaNet did not want this sort of dynamic in GW2. This is one of the reasons I chose to be a necromancer. For example, me being a necromancer, low but constant DPS, say I just start working on a veteran and a warrior comes along that “helps” me out, now he might steal away 70%+ of the damage, greatly reducing my loot potential. As I said, I’m sure at some point I read that it wasn’t, but had I realized damage dealt was or would be counted in loot potential I would never have chosen a caster class of any kind. This sort of damage-based reward system works against low DPS classes and is heavily weighted toward high-DPS classes in every way, so the obvious choice for best loot would be a warrior.

While it’s a step forward, I’m not holding out a great deal of hope for this patch as it doesn’t seem there’s any mention of specific account-based issues. Colin also did not mention anything about boss/dragon/dungeon chests, so I suspect drops will be equally as bad after the patch as they are now.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

My two level 80’s are a Ranger (meh on DPS) and a support build Guardian. Both pretty low on DPS scale. It’s why I created a DPS warrior recently to test out the theory. So far it holds true on quantity of loot.
Consider that the most popular class is warrior (or at least it ‘was’ the most popular class) and you can see how a majority of people didn’t need to complain about loot. Especially if those same people built those warriors for the highest possible DPS.
There needs to be a fix for support classes to even this out in ‘some’ way. Unfortunately I don’t see a fix, maybe I am just too short sighted.
Until then I’m going to keep levelling the warrior just to see what I’ve been missing all this time. And I can hope that I’ll get to enjoy the Ranger and the Guardian in the future. I loved the concept of pets and I love to help people; they just aren’t so viable at this time.
Oh and the slots comparison seemed ‘spot on’ imho.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Why vets and champs may not drop any loot after fix:

Here I will explain to people that don’t get it:

If you just say hit the mob once and run off or enough to just get a medal or have it tagged, you will get nothing as its to curb leaching/griefing events/etc.

Or its like in the dungeon case where you died as it dies. “No loot for you!”, but you still get exp.

So its probably going to reward you for not taking the easy way out and always reward you for effort and not for just being a lazy kitten and tagging mobs.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Honestly, even veteran’s loot is just not exciting. I mean, more chances to get more of the same you’ve been getting from killing countless non-veteran mobs? I think it’s the veterans that should always offer loot (make them slightly harder if needed), and that champions should have fat, satisfying rewards.

And if the devs think it’snot a good idea to have champions always drop green or better items? Then I agree with whoever says that there should exist new mechanics for champions alone: like, for example, having them drop tokens. However, I don’t want to see GW2 to be filled with countless token systems (it would make things confusing), plus they do not offer the satisfaction of getting a new shiny, rare sword, in this specific case.

Another idea, is to have the game calculate the last time a rare item was dropped for you froma champion, and have the chance for rare loot increase with time, but only for champions. Or, instead of time, by the number of champions killed. Or both. Or alternatively, have some kind of system where killing champions would have healthy chances for rare drops, but only for a few times each time period. This way, grinding champions wouldn’t flood the market with rares (too much). Or… I don’t know. A system similar to GW1’s zaishen quests that makes you go hunting champions for token rewards? I guess the new dailies might already do that function.

Regardless, I think GW2 should have something more than the current systems, to make people to seriously party themselves and search and fight champions everywhere. This would fill a big hole with GW2’s lack of a challenging party-driven content. There’s already dungeons for that, and guild missions will probably fill that hole big time, normal events are mostly casual easy, and for general explorable pve, all that’s left is the champions you get to meet once in a while.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Wasn’t it expected when the Nov patch notes came out that it should be anticipated that more than usual numbers of players will be seeking out Champions and Veterans to farm with MF gear on. Should I suspect that prophecy may come to pass with the Feb patch?

Once fixed, all champion mobs will correctly always drop 1 blue or better loot item, and all veterans will have a chance of dropping loot better than regular mobs as outlined in the November release. from the Link in post1 of this thread.

Silence of the Karkas and other reworded movie titles will again be seen in the map chat of Southsun Cove as the zerg devours everything in it’s path. Who was in that instance of the Karka Event? It was a funny chat. Chuckles were heard frequently in Vent.
Karka Hatchling. Apply directly to the forehead.

A minimum blue quality item from Champs…. hmmmm. Fastest respawn locations for Champs or most dense areas with Champs & Vets…. hmmm. Will those farming squishy chickens (jokingly or seriously) get more frequent items that end up making more money over time? (If money is your motivation) /shrug. I suspect little change from players and each’s own carrot of the day during game time…
Exodus. all right. Movement of Jah people.
Oh yeah. O-oo yeah. All right.

Leamas.5803

Why vets and champs may not drop any loot after fix:

Here I will explain to people that don’t get it:

If you just say hit the mob once and run off or enough to just get a medal or have it tagged, you will get nothing as its to curb leaching/griefing events/etc.

Or its like in the dungeon case where you died as it dies. “No loot for you!”, but you still get exp.

So its probably going to reward you for not taking the easy way out and always reward you for effort and not for just being a lazy kitten and tagging mobs.

However, I think it should be time committed/activity rather than damage inflicted that determines loot. As a necro, I can put jut as much time and effort in to a fight as a warrior, perhaps even more effort since I’m squishy and have to constantly move, or die, but a warrior will out DPS me every time. This is especially true if the creature in question has some sort of resistance to condition damage. It’s not fair that a warrior should get better loot simply because he/she as more DPS, and this is a screaming huge flaw in profession balance if it is the case. There are also spawned creatures a champion/boss might spawn, resing downed allies (Which takes time)…support functions that are required during fight, but takes away from overall damage inflicted against the boss/champ. Damage does not equal effort and should not dictate reward. If you remain active for the duration of the fight then you should have as much chance as anyone to get good loot. Otherwise, it’s nothing less than a horrible design flaw that makes low DPS professions less relevant and less viable.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

“all champion mobs will correctly always drop 1 blue or better loot item” why? Can anyone tell me why C H A M P I O N S have a chance of dropping blues worth 50 copper? Makes zero sense…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

“all champion mobs will correctly always drop 1 blue or better loot item” why? Can anyone tell me why C H A M P I O N S have a chance of dropping blues worth 50 copper? Makes zero sense…

If people made more gold, less people buy gems

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

If greens were the minimum you can get from champions i don’t think it’ll change anything to their stupid gems BS. Blues from champs and dragon chests make no kittening sense whatsoever no matter how you think about it.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Leamas.5803

Why does a boss, like the megadestroyer drop 3 blues and a green mat? Last time, that’s what I got and there were only 6 or 7 of us there. At least two other guys got exactly the same thing. Loot in this game is just plain chintzy and I don’t expect this patch to improve things greatly, but hey…here’s hoping!!

However, my advice is just to accept it and find other ways to enjoy the game. Waiting for loot to get better…well, one might just have a better chance of Mount Maelstrom freezing over.

Ram-rodding people in to the gem store is not sustainable over the long term. Eventually they will have to improve loot drastically to keep people in the game.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Infernia.9847

Excluding dragons and other bosses that award large chests; they probably don’t want to encourage people to camp at champions and veterans.
If they only have a slightly increased chance to award better loot then people won’t opt to camp them waiting for them to spawn.
It’s just a guess and it happens a lot in other MMO’s where champion lvl mobs award high level loot, unique items, etc.
I honestly don’t know for sure and it seems to me that risk vs reward is skewed the wrong way.
I also agree that support classes need to get a fair shot at loot but I don’t see an easy solution if in fact DPS is a factor in eligibility to receive loot in the first place.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I always thought qualifying for exp credit meant qualifying for loot as well. If that wasn’t the case, my question is this: With the patch fix, does the statement above will hold true 100% of the time? (I’m not saying you get loot every time you kill a mob, I’m saying is whenever you kill a mob wherein you qualified for exp, you will also qualify for loot drops).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

1) Condition damage. I think it is the same as supports – you must use proper skills / builds. Nothing is wrong here too. You can not fix the system to reward “lack of damage” people and protect it from exploits in same time. You will see more “tag” people, they will take more AOE skills no matters what. Change your build! I always change my weapon/utility skills and traits in pve farm / gathering / dungeons. It is a normal practice.

2) Why “medals” system is fair in GW2. They are not too greedy and award medals for even very small amount of efforts. Remember all times you received silver medals for events, imagine now if you would receive nothing instead! They give you at least something even for very small efforts. Another face of coin – it is difficult to say it was luck or “low credits/bad medals”. Funny thing is – we suffer from their generosity No medals – no loot – easier to prove that something is wrong

3) What was wrong if their system awards “medals” and why it should be repaired – almost all affected people were awarded with low medals (bronze/silver) this is why they had “bad” loot. Even after solo champion kill they were placed to “no medal” group. After the february patch we must receive better medals.

4) “minimum” blue should not be bad at the end. If i am correct with medals (again), they promise a blue for “bronze” (low tier medal), but if you will get silver or gold, you may receive green, rare or exotic. So minimum blue is ok too.

Also, dont forget, it is not neccessary to kill champions solo, in party of 5 or 10 people it should be easy. If you dont think “blue+” rewards worth time spent – don’t kill them solo.

I think we must wait for the patch and see. No need to complain in advance

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Leamas.5803

I also agree that support classes need to get a fair shot at loot but I don’t see an easy solution if in fact DPS is a factor in eligibility to receive loot in the first place.

Sure there is…get rid of the damage counter and use a time/participation counter. For long fights, such as the champion risen abomination in the cursed shore, you could even have the timer reset if you run away and don’t do any damage after a given period of time. This way you don’t have those that would run hit the thing, run away and come back when it’s nearly dead. i.e. You have to stay in the fight to get good loot. A defeated state should reset your loot progress and should now if it doesn’t. This would encourage people to fight smarter.

For lowbie regular mobs or anything that goes down in less than 10 seconds say, tagging it should be enough to get full loot table credit.

ezd.6359

No.
Prices on TP will be higher. Nothing critical will happen. But people will start to complain 1.80 silver is nothing and arena will increase pure money rewards to compensate inflation. Only players will suffer from it. Don’t ask for more money please. I want my wealth retain same “price”

(edited by ezd.6359)

Leamas.5803

1) Condition damage. I think it is the same as supports – you must use proper skills / builds. Nothing is wrong here too. You can not fix the system to reward “lack of damage” people and protect it from exploits in same time. You will see more “tag” people, they will take more AOE skills no matters what. Change your build! I always change my weapon/utility skills and traits in pve farm / gathering / dungeons. It is a normal practice.

3) What was wrong if their system awards “medals” and why it should be repaired – almost all affected people were awarded with low medals (bronze/silver) this is why they had “bad” loot. Even after solo champion kill they were placed to “no medal” group. After the february patch we must receive better medals.

I disagree, reward based on damage can be replaced with reward based on participation/skill.

I very very rarely get less than gold and I very very rarely get good loot.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I can get bronze, silver, even gold credit for dynamic events if I combat mobs in the same area — and I’m not talking inside the orange oval, I’m talking area, like Plains of Lyss. If that kind of tracking is available for DE’s , why not a mechanism for combat with a mob or mobs that tracks things like healing others, applying boons, and reviving others, all of which have a mathematical component?

ezd.6359

I disagree, reward based on damage can be replaced with reward based on participation/skill.

You can’t balance it and avoid exploiting. People in green gear will throw AOEs eveywhere – it is what you are asking for.

Also, dont forget “The rules by which you qualify for credit for an event or for experience when killing a mob are different rules than those used to help determine if you qualify for loot.”
Events =/= loot.

Infernia.9847

I got gold medals and no loot or really bad loot most of the time too. Even while soloing.
@Leamas – I think your solution is a great idea but I wouldn’t call it simple. Meaning the implementation of your idea would require a rewrite of current code. I do hope they consider something like this in the future.

Leamas.5803

You can’t balance it and avoid exploiting. People in green gear will throw AOEs eveywhere – it is what you are asking for.

Also, dont forget “The rules by which you qualify for credit for an event or for experience when killing a mob are different rules than those used to help determine if you qualify for loot.”
Events =/= loot.

Ummmm,you’re the one who tied medals to loot, “all affected people were awarded with low medals (bronze/silver) this is why they had “bad” loot.” LOL Yes, after ~600 hours of play and 1000’s of DEs, I know events don’t mean loot since most of my best drops come from regular non-event mobs.

As for “People in green gear will throw AOEs” Unless you consider AOE an exploit, how is this exploiting anything? As far as I’m concerned, that’s using your class as designed. I know lots of people who can’t afford anything more than green gear. If the current system is based on damage, to imply it’s balanced is just as incorrect as your statement above as it’s heavily skewed toward high DPS classes.

With my necro I have ~1500 condition damage, and I usually run 2 minions to add physical damage. I can cause enormous damage, and can usually run DEs solo but there is no build for a necro, where I can come even close to the sheer DPS of a warrior. This is completely unbalanced if loot depends on it.

I got gold medals and no loot or really bad loot most of the time too. Even while soloing.
@Leamas – I think your solution is a great idea but I wouldn’t call it simple. Meaning the implementation of your idea would require a rewrite of current code. I do hope they consider something like this in the future.

Yes, but any fix to properly balance the professions will require code changes.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

I have mixed feelings about this; it’s not that it’s bad that they’re making this change, but at the same time it’s rather frustrating that after months of pointing out the loot problems, and months of being told there wasn’t any problem, that surprise surprise there actually is a problem with the system and it’s getting fixed.

As someone said earlier, however, blue drops are essentially vendor trash in this game— as are, often, so-called master work items. The biggest problem is that 90% of drops aren’t an improvement in terms of stats, and more importantly they’re not an improvement in terms of looks, either.

With weapons especially, the number of models is incredibly limited and one note. Probably 90% of Staves, for example, are tree branches with sticks of butter stuck on one end. What’s worse is that 95% of Scepters are essentially the same model as the same named stave, but cut in half. And so on.

It’s really truly awful; and the only place we might get different looking weapons is from the mystic forge— not from doing dungeons or killing champions as every other mmo does. ArenaNet really needs to increase the number of interesting weapon models out there, as well as make them available in game, not via some obscure recipe at the RNG toilet.

IMO, the only blue or green items that should drop from champions is fine crafting materials, and several of every stack. At 80, this should mean killing a champion and winning blue loot would net you five or so t5 crafting mats. If you’re lucky enough to win green, you should get t6 crafting mats.

ezd.6359

@Leamas
Different medals. Gold medal for event == exp + karma + money, medals for every mob – is different medal that determines your loot table from this kill. Btw, it is my theory, dont take it so seriously.

“Unless you consider AOE an exploit…” You must use best gear for best rewards. Why not kill mobs without any armor? 0 risk to damage it, but you can loot items. Is it fair? Also, why not grind dungeons without any armor too? Same thing.

Not DPS! Burst! You may have high DPS, but low BURST. I can use one skill with 10 seconds cooldown and bring 4k dmg, while someone uses 1k dmg skill 4 times (2.5s cooldown for example). We have same DPS, but what happens when a mob dies in 1 second? I bring 4k dmg, that man only 1k. Burst > DPS.

DPS (from condition) is working well against very tough mobs like bosses and supports are useful too. But it is useless on all known farm events since all mobs die in 1 second.

I don’t know about necromancers and can’t offer proper build for them, sorry.

Leamas.5803

“Unless you consider AOE an exploit…” You must use best gear for best rewards. Why not kill mobs without any armor? 0 risk to damage it, but you can loot items. Is it fair? Also, why not grind dungeons without any armor too? Same thing.

Not DPS! Burst! You may have high DPS, but low BURST. I can use one skill with 10 seconds cooldown and bring 4k dmg, while someone uses 1k dmg skill 4 times (2.5s cooldown for example). We have same DPS, but what happens when a mob dies in 1 second? I bring 4k dmg, that man only 1k. Burst > DPS.

DPS (from condition) is working well against very tough mobs like bosses and supports are useful too. But it is useless on all known farm events since all mobs die in 1 second.

I don’t know about necromancers and can’t offer proper build for them, sorry.

Must use best gear for best rewards? All my gear is carrion exalted armor…exotic light armor to maximize CD…then outfitted with a full set of 6 superior runes of the necromancer. Weapons are all carrion pearl weapons (staff/scepter/dagger/axe), all outfitted with superior sigils of corruption…well, the axe is actually the Jaws of Death. All exotic trinkets, again specifically selected to maximize the build…traits, again select to support the build. By your definition I should be dropping great gear all the time.

OK…DPS…burst…I’ll give you that. Still, such high burst unbalances the classes.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

It only unbalances the classes if your loot credit algorithm is terrible

ezd.6359

@Leamas
Best gear for a certain build atm is – exotic armor + exotic weapon + ascended jewelry. I meant you must use best tier gear, not “white/green”.

And again, i dont know about necromancers, but other classes have support / condition / burst / tank builds, they just play theirs roles in different ways and all of them must carry more sets if they want to change the role.

Why don’t you change your build when you go to farm Orr events? I don’t know if necromancers have high burst builds, but…

@plasmacutter
“It only unbalances the classes if your loot credit algorithm is terrible”
Or you are trying to do something without understanding what you are doing here and why.

GW2 is about skins and builds. Armor stats is the most cheapest thing here, change your build costs some silver. Why don’t you change your build for different situations? I don’t get it.

Why don’t you complain about shamans boss in fotm “oh, why should i move here? i want to stay here and press 1 till it dead”. Diffrent situations require different solutions.

(edited by ezd.6359)

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

See! And everyone said we were crazy… Conspiracy theorists they called us, well we just happened to be right… Area 51, you’re next! Lol.

Also, they damage % that needs to be dealt to get loot is approximately 10%. I wasn’t receiving loot credit for Tower Lords in WvW but was getting exp credit. Someone then told me I needed to do atleast 10% damage to get loot. So I switched from doing Condition Damage to Raw Damage (mixed build). Sure enough I started receiving some whites from them. Not always, but quite a bit of the time.

At this news I may start playing again come March.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Leamas.5803

Why don’t you change your build when you go to farm Orr events? I don’t know if necromancers have high burst builds, but…

Sadly, necros don’t have any burst weapons.

BTW, a full set of exotic armor, weapons and trinkets to match the build will run about 50G, which a few more than a few silver. I just speced out and built a MF set.

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

BTW, a full set of exotic armor, weapons and trinkets to match the build will run about 50G, which a few more than a few silver. I just speced out and built a MF set.

twin daggers? those things hit pretty hard in power builds.

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

twin daggers? those things hit pretty hard in power builds.

Noticing a trend on Caster classes and Melee Dagger / Dagger setups being more powerful than ranged in GW2. Maybe that why everyone complains about Thief and Ele. Heck even mesmer sword has that invuln on skill 2. Melee seems rather powerful on all classes. Hope they don’t mess with it too much and rather improve on all aspects of it.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

(edited by Otaur.9268)

Posted by: Arkulin.3421

Arkulin.3421

GJ anet. You`re only humans, it happens.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So instead of giving us answer on DR and kittenty loots drops across the board, you answered the Champ/Vet issue, that you supposedly fixed kittening months ago.

You guys are full of kitten, thanks for deleting the thread and evidence

The answer actually does cover the loot drops across the board not just Vet and Champs. Whether the solution will do what we want is another thing however.

DR is another issue but it appears to address the issue of people seemingly having permanent DR.

And have they actually deleted that thread, I just thought they must have unstickied it and its slipped. Pretty bad if they’ve deleted it, smacks of censorship.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I don’t know about u guys but I’ve been getting some decend loots. For the past week I’ve been doing the curse shore events and have gotten over 15 yellows from mob drop. I have mine MF set on…also increase my golds to 20 golds just from doing that.

vvuevv

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I deeply hope that update will fix the loot issues.
There are still some questions remaining, but I will wait for the update, see what it does and then draw my conclusions from that.

At least , after hard work and long investigation, they found something.
So until now: thanks for that.

Yes thanks for finding something. I thought it was weird they kept saying they didn’t see anything wrong over and over.

I’ll reserve judgement and do testing on release to see if the fixes work as intended, crosses finger, heres to hoping !

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: AndyPandy.8653

AndyPandy.8653

I love the teamwork approach to a Champion fight or DE and make a point of rezzing everyone who is downed or dead.
They are group events after all and that’s part of the fun – being a group!
It looks to me like players or professions that grant healing or regeneration buffs (etc) to others or are reviving others are exercising behaviour that stops us from obtaining as much loot. Sure you’ll get a Gold and some brittle bones or a claw but the guy you rezzed three times will get a rare if he’s a glass cannon.
Surely not all credit is due to those that do the highest dps. It was the team!
It takes every support person + weapon wielder to win the fight.

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

I must be one of those rare people who doesnt see anything wrong with loot. I have steady amount of gold more or less but im not a farmer. I do few fractals, few dungeon runs ( for tokens mostly ) and thats it. Thou my family isint startving.

Only problem isee is that vets and champs are not even worth killing. Yesterday i soloed jotun mage killer and guess what ? he dropped me a blue.. 1 freaking blue. Yes that is issue for me cause it took long enough and its all i get? ..

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: acklag.7203

acklag.7203

u guys all happy now, ha, they give us a bit of carrot and we eat all up, it’s another dodge peeps, sounding all professional and statistically verifiable hullabaloo. When it smells like bs, feels like bs, tastes like bs, guess wha? …….

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

u guys all happy now, ha, they give us a bit of carrot and we eat all up, it’s another dodge peeps, sounding all professional and statistically verifiable hullabaloo. When it smells like bs, feels like bs, tastes like bs, guess wha? …….

…. stop eating BS? Can’t be good for you.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

After catching so much kitten from parts of the community, and claims from devs that everything was fine, It is wonderful to see that so many of us were right about the loot, and that the piece of kitten system can finally get fixed.

I can only hope that people think twice before they yell conspiracy theorist next time.

(edited by Kilrain Daggerspine.6843)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I had never realized “X-files conspiracy” was synonymous with “we messed up” in Dev’s minds before now.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Leamas.5803

And have they actually deleted that thread, I just thought they must have unstickied it and its slipped. Pretty bad if they’ve deleted it, smacks of censorship.

It’s still there…page 3 of “Guild Wars 2 Discussion” at the time of this post
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As I investigated I became more and more convinced that it had to do with damage done, or some kind of “kill credit” fubar.

Was more complicated than that. It was (and still is) possible to solo a champ, and get no drop at all. That is some major problem with tagging system we’re talking about.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I know what Anet is like, so I’m taking whatever they’re spinning with a grain of salt. The results will be the determining factor here, though they haven’t mentioned anything about their precious/ridiculous DR.

I guess it’s wait and see… and get the abuse ready in case they balls it up again like they did mid-Nov. >_<

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

As part of a post in another thread I asked it could possibly be happeneing that I was soloing champs and getting nothing. I have been soloing 2-3 champs a week for months just to see if there had been a fix, with the normal result being no loot whatsoever.

Is there a link to a thread about this specific issue?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

One blue from a champion hahahahahaha!

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Always nice to get some positive feedback from the devs…though somewhat of a backpeddle imo … anyhows Power to the People !!

Looking forward to finally understanding the real reason i never get loot drops off champs .. i just never do enough damage ….. back to the drawing board for my toons

Fireflies beware cos hell hath no fury like an Asura “insert class” build ‘X’

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Please note, it is still possible to kill a creature and not do enough damage to qualify for loot (which is the only way you won’t get loot for a champion), it is also still possible for veterans to not drop loot at all, since they simply have better odds of dropping loot than normal creatures but no guaranteed drops.

- Does the loot quality after you have been qualified for loot, varies accordingly to damage dealt or is the same for everyone? (Let’s assume that everyone has the same Magic Find as it increases the loot quantity/quality)

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Let’s assume that everyone has the same Magic Find as it increases the loot quantity/quality

Are you sure that magic find increases the loot quantity? I always thought it was only about the quality.

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I’m going to wait and see what will happen after the patch first. If they indeed fix it I’ll be happy even though it took them quite some time to actually believe us. Better late than never I guess

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Let’s assume that everyone has the same Magic Find as it increases the loot quantity/quality

Are you sure that magic find increases the loot quantity? I always thought it was only about the quality.

Don’t know that for sure. That’s why i put it down like that. Imo, Increasing the quality of the item can make it pass from a “No Loot” to a “Grey Loot”. It depends on how the quality rolls are made on the table… For me (it may be a perceived thing), magic find increases the amount of loot i usually get.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-