Loot Dro kitten ue Confirmed: Feedback Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nemaca.4912

Nemaca.4912

That’s it?!?!

Some crappy loot mistake?

FIX YOUR NUMEROUS BUGS FIRST THEN RE_RELEASE THE GAME!

You shipped a faulty product, ArenaNet. I want 5 characters full 5x exotic armor sets and 3x legendary weapons per character as a measly compensation.

Just kidding, that would NOT compensate for all the distress you caused. A huge lawsuit might, though. Good luck on getting one, I got the cash to support my part in it.

i5 3570k / VenomousX / 8Gb 1866 Corsair Vengeance / AsRock Fatality Performance / Corsair
Obsidian 800D / Corsair AX1200 PSU / 3x Noctua fans / INTEGRATED VIDEO hd4000
30-80 FPS

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

As far as I understood from some posts online GW1 charged you for expansions, whereas GW2 relies on sales of game and gem sales for content. So we will get content to keep us happy but the game is what 7 months old? Most people haven’t even experienced the game and now we have living story. Heck I hit 80 before I ever did a dungeon.. Which by the way if you don’t do it, you literally miss out as it will disappear. Anything grindy is optional, and content will come in time. I’d much rather prefer it comes steady and well done than quickly and poorly programmed. We don’t want a guild wars that is a windows xp upgraded to a windows vista.. We want good quality content, and that is what they are working on. but it takes time, and people need a chance to experience it. The living story alone is blatantly casual, it can be done in a day by hardcore players, but is easy enough for casual players to finish in a month of barely playing. Things like this is what people asked for, is not a huge expansion, its just the beginning.

I’d rather pay for expansions and have good loot, than have free expansions with crappy loot…that’s just me though.

The thing about the living story, while a good idea with lots of potential, much like Lost Shores, it’s not well scripted. While I went through Diessa Plateau and Wayfarer Foothills to the refugee camp Hoelbrak, it wasn’t clear what the goal or purpose was, which is fine at that point as it’s intentionally left as a mystery. Starting at Black Citadel and following the signs, fixing them and helping refugees along the way to Hoelbrak takes about an hour. You speak to the refugees at the camp to get vague references about what happened to them. Looking at the wiki it seems this was the purpose…essentially following breadcrumbs to a dead-end. A kind of a cliff-hanger, so to speak. Again, this is fine, but it would have been nice if there were some sort of indication that this “leg” of the living story was completed in some way, shape or form. Because many of these things are time sensitive, we shouldn’t have to look it up on the wiki to make sure we’ve done what we needed to do to move on to the next phase.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

GW1 did charge for expansions and I played GW1 extensively and I own every expansion for it, and I didn’t have any issues buying and paying for those expansions because every single one added really great new content and they added tons of it. Thanks for bringing up the horrible story in which I’m sure a preschooler could have written better content. I used to be a huge GW2 fan until I stopped drinking the kool-aid. I still play the game regularly but GW2 is not what it was touted to be. Also DR pretty much stops any player from effectively farming a zone or a certain type of monster for some quick gold, because yes gold is everything in these games.

I’ve never played gw1, but I’m glad that the info was correct. While I agree the living story part 1 is a little lack luster it wasn’t considered a huge update. They want to slowly bring in things people have been asking for with these updates. They are building up to very cool changes that are based on content, mixed in the content updates are patches and fixes and ideas that the community asked for. But it takes time, and as you can see they had a messed up part of loot system from launch. So you can imagine they don’t want to roll out content that holds the same standard. As for DR, that discussion is long and been over posted so very much. I don’t know how it works as it doesn’t seem to affect my gameplay. However I have posted several videos of me farming Orr with a DR so heavy that I have gotten 75% less XP. And the drops still averaged 2g. I hope the various fixes can be implemented and over time content be pleasing to everyone. There is an ongoing theme to all of this though and that is “time”. Players time, devs time, content time, it all takes time. This is still a new MMO so I expect very little from it. But as far as MMO’s go it is clearly above all teh others I’ve played and it is considered the base of what MMO’s should start at by many players, developers, and reviews by large gaming companies/magazines.

I don’t have an answer to explain why others get what they get, I don’t even understand why players who party with me get better loot. I could probably tinfoil hat the crap out of every aspect of this game just for fun, but that’s a different thread.

After typing this I was farming orr and got my 2nd key drop ever lol.. I could tinfoil hat this one pretty bad.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: Jordi.6081

Jordi.6081

I appreciate that they have grown a pair and actually admitted there IS a problem, i will give them the benefit of doubt for now, waiting for that 26th Feb patch.
But i have hit “confidence DR” with this company long ago, so i will believe the problem gets fixed when i see it.

Before more people say that “farming isn’t intended” here is this quote from Jon Peters again:

While we need a safety net to stop unanticipated economy-breaking exploits and botting, we have no desire to stop farming. Farmers are a part every online economy and when they are doing normal game activity they do not cause any harm. If a player finds a normal game activity fun and would like to keep doing it, that’s fine with us.

There is a big difference between gaining reasonable returns for your efforts ( blues being common drops as well as fine materials/bags, a green once in a while ) and receiving crap most of the time ( gray junk, whites ). The second case has been predominant for me since the famous november changes.

And the ridiculously low merchant sale value of everything doesn’t help either. You know something is screwed with drops when you see a freaking EGG selling in the TP for 60c a piece, almost the same a merchant gives you for a high lvl blue item. Seriously….

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

here is one thing I don’t get:

-) it’s very easy to buy good stuff in the trading post (play tradingpost) – least fun activity
-) it’s easy enough to craft good stuff
-) it’s very difficult to find good stuff in the world – most fun activity

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

probably because this game is not designed to be farmed.

What about when you need to craft something but you can’t ever get the items requied because of horrible drop rates? Just buy it right, well have fun doing that every time you need to do something. This brings up another issue, DR. Have fun farming for endless hours. You say it’s not designed to be farmed, but thats probably 80% of this game.

80% grind lol……….. Aion is 80%, FFXI is 250%. Everyone says mats, but which mats specifically are people looking for.

I realize other games are grind orientated, but this game was touted as a non-grind type, yet look at the achievements for WvW and some of the legendary requirements, these are two minor examples because there are many more.

But there needs to be something keeping people playing. You can’t just have everyone “beating” the game in a month. Its an MMO after all and requires consistent material to keep it interesting. These things are time sinks, optional at that. And they may require what some consider grind, but barely anything in this game is “essential” and the best things in game that aren’t about looks take very little time to achieve.

What will keep people playing is more content not weapons and skins which pretty much composes the end game now. They are time sinks however GW2 was never supposed to be that, maybe it was just viral marketing and they were being unhonest when they said it was a game for casuals. The last time PvE got real content was the lost shores event.

Every MMO in existence has proven that developers cannot develop new content as fast as players can race through it. Ergo, end game in every MMO is about repetition and time sinks. Just as in every other MMO, casuals can chose to pursue those time sinks at their own pace, or not.

The first GW2 announcement came at the same time as the announcement for EotN. Once people were done with EotN, people still played GW1 for ~5 years. Since very little new content was added, what were they doing? Time sinks, like titles and getting rare skins.

I’m casual. I log in when I want to and do what I want to. I have goals, and I will reach them eventually, barring out-of-game issues. GW2 can be a game for casuals. The idea, “I’ve got to have everything now!” is a hardcore idea. Let it go and your experience of GW2 can be as casual as you’d like.

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

Lol!! Ok, first of all there is no ‘problem’ with the DR. Second, it has always been known that you need to do a certain percentage of damage to get loot. (Why else do you think people get into groups in cursed shore?) Clearly, since this is percentage based, that’s a lot of damage needed to be done to a champion (so get into a group!).

In short, there is nothing to fix. For all those who are complaining, get into a group so that you at least do the minimum damage to qualify for loot. Also, farm other areas once in a while, you will get hit with DR at cursed shore easily since you kill like a hundred mobs per shelter/pertinent event.

Geotherma.2395

Lol!! Ok, first of all there is no ‘problem’ with the DR. Second, it has always been known that you need to do a certain percentage of damage to get loot. (Why else do you think people get into groups in cursed shore?) Clearly, since this is percentage based, that’s a lot of damage needed to be done to a champion (so get into a group!).

In short, there is nothing to fix. For all those who are complaining, get into a group so that you at least do the minimum damage to qualify for loot. Also, farm other areas once in a while, you will get hit with DR at cursed shore easily since you kill like a hundred mobs per shelter/pertinent event.

I only farm solo ^^ But I don’t usually decline an invite from a guildy heh

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Leamas.5803

Again…naive, commenting blindly not having read the original threads. This has been tested extensively…in groups, solo, MF, no MF…nothing seems to help those of us affected with this issue.

Do some reading…learn about the issue, before presenting simplistic solutions that have already been tested extensively.

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I posted this elsewhere but will re-post for others to see…

I don’t think you all understand. With loot tables you have a % chance to get a grey – orange. First you get rng for level of item, then also have rng for quality on an item.

Now when killing a champion you have this effect, : Kill champion, RNG Item Level, RNG Blue – Orange (exotic). So now you have a better chance to get a green, yellow, or orange based on the fact that grey and white items are taken away from the table, if not the quality is GUARANTEED to be at least Blue, which sells for a heck of a lot more than a grey or white.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

here is one thing I don’t get:

-) it’s very easy to buy good stuff in the trading post (play tradingpost) – least fun activity
-) it’s easy enough to craft good stuff
-) it’s very difficult to find good stuff in the world – most fun activity

I don’t get it either. Right now the only drops that excite me are badges, and dungeon tokens which are pretty much automatic. I never get an exciting equipment drop.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

Tinboy.7954

Again…naive, commenting blindly not having read the original threads. This has been tested extensively…in groups, solo, MF, no MF…nothing seems to help those of us affected with this issue.

Do some reading…learn about the issue, before presenting simplistic solutions that have already been tested extensively.

Lol. Did you even read the anet post? It says they will fix the issue of the % damage done to be eligible for loot. Also, it was very vague whether it applied to normal mobs as well (but certainly applied for champions).

And dude, I farm. I can tell when I hit DR and get nothing for an hour. You really think I haven’t tested it out? There are 2 factors to this ‘issue’. People not tagging mobs properly, and people farming at cursed shore too long.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I don’t get it either. Right now the only drops that excite me are badges, and dungeon tokens which are pretty much automatic. I never get an exciting equipment drop.

thanks, at least one out there gets me.

for me while leveling it was normal to craft the better items instead of finding some of those through playing. It was such a great moment when I got a yellow helmet from my first AC-story run but I’ve never had such an experience (again) /outside of a dungeon. From 1-80 I always crafted good gear (rare gear) and at 80 I started playing the TP and got my first exotic set in 3 days.

The moments I felt truly rewarded:
-) AC story-mode – rare helmet (the only dungeon I did on my way to 80)
-) Southsun Cove rewards – exotics (sadly I couldn’t use those, but they sold well)
-) Backpiece from Halloween
-) about 8-10 karma-rewards from heart-npcs.
-) Map completion in Orr, even though I couldn’t use the exotic.

that’s it. In over 130 hours playtime. No exitement over a drop in the open world.

I’ve seen a lot of rare drops, yes. But these came at a time when I already had rare pieces from crafting long before.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

probably because this game is not designed to be farmed.

It was the first month after launch, after that is when they ignored history and added DR.

Oh and then there’s this:

“While we need a safety net to stop unanticipated economy-breaking exploits and botting, we have no desire to stop farming. Farmers are a part every online economy and when they are doing normal game activity they do not cause any harm. If a player finds a normal game activity fun and would like to keep doing it, that’s fine with us.”

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

tigirius.9014

How did you come to the determination that there’s nothing wrong with DR? First of all there are people with whole accounts reporting that chests from events and from boss fights in dungeons never appear for them. That’s not the issue that colin has admitted to, that’s a bug with DR. There are also people who report like I have that no matter where we go or what toon we are on we almost always get more porous bones then anything else and we never get rares. That’s what’s happening to people with Perma DR these things have been reported since Nov prior to the 15th when DR was revealed to the public to combat bots (HA), so please tell us again how this isn’t a fact?

There’s an entire MMO history out there where DR has destroyed entire companies because they were too stubborn to get rid of DR despite their fanbase telling them that it wasn’t affecting the bots but it was destroying the gameplay of the players. And no I’m not talking about just open world here, it’s been reported by people who run dungeons as well.

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Bravo. And not being sarcastic either. It took a while, buy you guys finally decided to give it another look after all. This is what it should be like, moving forward.

/hopereplenished

tigirius.9014

I personally would like to see three things come out from this.

1. an apology to the players who were accused of having an overactive imagination and “perceiving” the loot issue, and being accused of concocting an xfiles conspiracy theory.
  2. a direct method of purchasing T6 materials from a karma/laurel vendor (materials like Powerful Bloods, Gossamer Scraps, Onyx Lodestones) that are so rare they might as well be antimatter.
  3. the permanent removal of DR until the bugs in it and the dial that has it turned up so high can be properly adjusted so that it no longer affects players, along with the destruction of the mechanic that requires that people teleport to not get hit by it because that clearly only benefits the bots with the illegal gold-farming teleport software.

One can hope.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Colin said: “Just a reminder, blue is the absolute minimum champs can drop, they have much better odds of dropping good loot than regular mobs, and once you’re properly getting kill credit for them hopefully this becomes more visible.”

I don’t understand why green can’t be the absolute minimum for champions. It takes so long to kill them, that it’s far more efficient to do almost anything else in the game for rewards. Why set up a system where it’s more profitable to kill trash than champions?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

1. an apology to the players who were accused of having an overactive imagination and “perceiving” the loot issue, and being accused of concocting an xfiles conspiracy theory.
  2. a direct method of purchasing T6 materials from a karma/laurel vendor (materials like Powerful Bloods, Gossamer Scraps, Onyx Lodestones) that are so rare they might as well be antimatter.
  3. the permanent removal of DR until the bugs in it and the dial that has it turned up so high can be properly adjusted so that it no longer affects players, along with the destruction of the mechanic that requires that people teleport to not get hit by it because that clearly only benefits the bots with the illegal gold-farming teleport software.

One can hope.

1) It would be nice.

2) Not going to happen. This is a source of income for Anet because people buy gems to get gold to buy these items.

3) See 2.

My guess is that Anet’s plan was to introduce DR in November, then let the playerbase that was current at that time fuss about it all. Throw them a cookie (like this last announcement) then let the rest of it go because the influx of new players since DR was introduced will never know what it was like pre-DR.
Newer players will spend money to buy gems, because they don’t know “how things were”.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Leamas.5803

Lol. Did you even read the anet post? It says they will fix the issue of the % damage done to be eligible for loot. Also, it was very vague whether it applied to normal mobs as well (but certainly applied for champions).

And dude, I farm. I can tell when I hit DR and get nothing for an hour. You really think I haven’t tested it out? There are 2 factors to this ‘issue’. People not tagging mobs properly, and people farming at cursed shore too long.

I do hold high hopes for this patch but I’m not counting on it either. Personally I’ve never thought it was DR, as I rarely hit DR, at least for events, where it’s most obvious, so it’s not likely I’m hitting DR for mobs. I rarely stay in any area for more than an hour or two at a time. To me it seems more like an account bound bad RNG seed…perhaps 5803 is an unlucky number. See, you say you get nothing for like an hour, I can go days, or even weeks…longer…without getting anything good (Good being yellow or better) and it doesn’t matter if I’m in a group farming events in Orr, if I’m solo running around killing random mobs, doing boss events, dragons, or even dungeons. In fact I tend to get better drops from both DEs and random mobs if I’m solo.

I’ve known people who have stopped doing fractals and grouping altogether because it was just too depressing getting nothing while everyone else in the group gets rares and exotics and uber rare mats such as cores and lodestones. The problem does seem most prevalent for support builds and builds that don’t have great burst damage, which also points to profession balancing deficiencies, something I’m hoping this patch will also help balance out.

My guess is that Anet’s plan was to introduce DR in November, then let the playerbase that was current at that time fuss about it all. Throw them a cookie (like this last announcement) then let the rest of it go because the influx of new players since DR was introduced will never know what it was like pre-DR.
Newer players will spend money to buy gems, because they don’t know “how things were”.

I’ve suggested this in the past as well.

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

One can hope.

What is entirely sad is that it was a direct quote, in their words, calling this whole debacle an “X-files type conspiracy”. Slaps in faces, their should definitely be an appy-polly-logie for this one.

Geotherma.2395

One can hope.

What is entirely sad is that it was a direct quote, in their words, calling this whole debacle an “X-files type conspiracy”. Slaps in faces, their should definitely be an appy-polly-logie for this one.

That statement was made towards people who said that the November patch changed loot. Which it did not. The problem has been from the beginning, not from that day. So the statement still holds true.

“It’s worth noting, the X-files conspiracy comment was directly responding to the theory something changed in the November release that made it all suddenly worse that has been perpetuated since Lost Shores. We confirmed nothing what so ever changed in November, as we posted after a complete investigation into all parts of that release, thus the comment. Probably not worded the best on my part, but please take the time to read the actual comment in context and don’t apply it to other situations that had nothing to do with the remark.
As posted within the loot discussion thread, we did exactly what we said we would do: we completed our investigation of the November release and all loot tables and found no issues what so ever, we immediately let the community know no issues were discovered from the changes in the November release.
We then expanded the search to other parts of the game, here we found issues that had existed since launch and have both let you know about them, and will be correcting them.
To those who theorized there were issues since launch with qualifying for loot, you were indeed correct and your tinfoil hat is justified, thanks very much for helping us find this issue! November however, remains an X-files level conspiracy that has been debunked. There ya go”

Leamas.5803

That statement was made towards people who said that the November patch changed loot. Which it did not. The problem has been from the beginning, not from that day. So the statement still holds true.

You know what man, you can defend them, and they’re going to say whatever they PR people tell them to say, but as someone who has been around since ~August I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that something changed in November.

We already know they were messing with loot tables in the November 1st patch, where they increased unid dye drops. They probably meant to decrease it and “fat-fingered” the entry. Perhaps this is the patch that screwed things up and it took a couple weeks for people to really notice. Perhaps it was the November 5th patch which again, messed with the loot tables by decreasing the drop rate for unid dyes. Perhaps the Nov 14th patch for DR in dungeons had other consequences or was further reaching than they let on. Then there’s the infamous Nov 15th patch, which had all kinds of loot changes…most notably…

• The mighty Zommoros has slightly increased the drop rate on Legendary precursor weapons from the Mystic Forge from both Rares and Exotics. WRONG
  • The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons. WRONG
  • The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards. Not sure if this is working, but lots of messing with loot here

Then comes the Lost Shores event where veterans and champions essentially drop nothing for most people. I believe Nov 19th was the first report of the veteran/champion problem I saw, on Reddit, wasn’t it? The chest at the end had incredible rewards but not unreasonable if one had logged in and participated for the entire weekend…much to my wife’s chagrin. If you only logged in and participated on the last day, perhaps you didn’t deserve full rewards.

Shortly afterwards, reports of drastically reduced loot from both open world DEs, such as the Plinx meta in Cursed Shore, and dragon chests start to pour in.

November was a busy month for them and for them to even suggest they didn’t change loot is a complete falsity. What they really mean is that they didn’t change loot in any way they didn’t expect…other than the unid dyes of course…meaning they meant to lower drop rates.

I expect next week’s patch will improve veterans and champs, as per the November notes, however only slightly, but I don’t expect much else to change. i.e. Open world DEs, boss/dragon chests, dungeon chests, chest granting unnamed champions, etc.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

I have to say, thank goodness they finally found the problem and acknowledged it. I feel vindicated LOL It was not a presumed issue, it was a very real problem especially for those of us who took our time to get to 80 only to get hit with the problem just as we arrived in Orr and attempted to gear up in our Exotics.

Special thanks to all who started questioning the drop rate soon after Nov 15 and would not let it be forgotten.

<hats off to my fellow game-mates>

Geotherma.2395

I’m not defending anyone, I posted unbiased info in the threads just as others did. I make 2g/hr in orr simply off bags and regular drops. On a full day of no afk work i can make over 30g never even touching a dungeon or leaving Orr. So I’m unsure what the problem is. The vet/champ problem was addressed, its being worked on. I’m not sure what more people want other than to be spoon fed rares and exotics. Neither of which i even think about until I get them, in which case feels like it should, rare. 669 hours over 58 days, a very steady grind, and I can say loot seems fine other than the vets/champs. But I’m not here to criticize others way of playing, this is just my experience. And it’s been the same crossed both the accounts in my house, so I’m unsure what makes me so special that this doesn’t affect me. Other than that I have a much larger statistical number of drops to average than most. I would love to have played when these drops that people speak of were far superior, as I’d be doing incredibly right now. And as for the upcoming patch, I look forward to see the effects of that as well.

Posted by: Afflicted.8147

Afflicted.8147

What I find funny about the whole conversation about loot in this game is that 99% of drops are worthless as equipment. It’s almost all either vendor trash or for salvaging just so you can take another run at the amazing RNG in hopes of getting ectoplasm.

Pretty much this creates an economy that is mostly broken where the only thing that is worth more than vendor price are yellows and above and where crafted equipment sells for less than it costs to craft.

I’ve played in a hardcore raiding guild on more equipment centric MMORPG’s and at least when you completed instances or raid encounters something of worth dropped. In this game I don’t even care what drops, just whether it’s yellow or above. Most of the time I don’t even notice till I’m vendoring. (This is mostly because of the lack of yellow or above drops).

Seriously just kill the white/blue/green loot and give me cold hard coin instead and save us both some time.

Tinboy.7954

How did you come to the determination that there’s nothing wrong with DR? First of all there are people with whole accounts reporting that chests from events and from boss fights in dungeons never appear for them. That’s not the issue that colin has admitted to, that’s a bug with DR. There are also people who report like I have that no matter where we go or what toon we are on we almost always get more porous bones then anything else and we never get rares. That’s what’s happening to people with Perma DR these things have been reported since Nov prior to the 15th when DR was revealed to the public to combat bots (HA), so please tell us again how this isn’t a fact?

There’s an entire MMO history out there where DR has destroyed entire companies because they were too stubborn to get rid of DR despite their fanbase telling them that it wasn’t affecting the bots but it was destroying the gameplay of the players. And no I’m not talking about just open world here, it’s been reported by people who run dungeons as well.

You seem to think that I have never gotten hit with DR before? I have hit DR many times and it lasts for a very long time. Yes, I find it annoying as well when my entire group gets 7 rares in a fractal run while I’m still at 0. Interesting assumption you have made there.

In any case, I’m just going to go back to farming without DR. Pointless to argue any further since many of you are convinced that there is a problem with DR and aren’t willing to try out ways to avoid it.

tigirius.9014

You know what man, you can defend them, and they’re going to say whatever they PR people tell them to say, but as someone who has been around since ~August I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that something changed in November.

Exactly. Something DID change in November they added DR for one and they messed with the loot tables to supposedly adjust the drop rates of solely “unidentified dyes” however we all know from the short history of this game title that they have bugs when the fix other bugs. They admitted to it both things. I hate to burst Geo’s bubble but DR and adjusting the loot tables for 1 item absolutely has an effect on every other loot item drop in the game. So yes they still need to apologize to the public, they still need to remove DR until they can make sure that it’s absolutely 100% not going to bug out and they still need to admit that the loot is not the same as it was prior to November. Everyone who started playing on launch day and who has played since knows this to be true despite the denials of those who are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

I’m not trying to be demanding I really am not I am just working from the standpoint that customer service needs a serious glance and that they need to improve gameplay for players not hinder it.

I’m also working from the standpoint that clearly there is a priority problem in the company, that things like squashing bugs that are still here since launch on both classes and zones doesn’t seem to be a priority with this team. (DR being one of them, it’s obivous that there’s a permaDR problem when whole chests disappear or people get nothing on end for months except porous bones and some whites.) The excuse that It just launched last year doesn’t cut it anymore from those who are defending the lack of proper personel and project management. Hopefully this new patch will prove me wrong.

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Geotherma.2395

Exactly. Something DID change in November they added DR for one and they messed with the loot tables to supposedly adjust the drop rates of solely “unidentified dyes” however we all know from the short history of this game title that they have bugs when the fix other bugs. They admitted to it both things. I hate to burst Geo’s bubble but DR and adjusting the loot tables for 1 item absolutely has an effect on every other loot item drop in the game. So yes they still need to apologize to the public, they still need to remove DR until they can make sure that it’s absolutely 100% not going to bug out and they still need to admit that the loot is not the same as it was prior to November. Everyone who started playing on launch day and who has played since knows this to be true despite the denials of those who are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

I’m not trying to be demanding I really am not I am just working from the standpoint that customer service needs a serious glance and that they need to improve gameplay for players not hinder it.

I’m also working from the standpoint that clearly there is a priority problem in the company, that things like squashing bugs that are still here since launch on both classes and zones doesn’t seem to be a priority with this team. (DR being one of them, it’s obivous that there’s a permaDR problem when whole chests disappear or people get nothing on end for months except porous bones and some whites.)

I’m confused then as my videos and experience show me with some pretty epic Event DR and getting green and yellow drops. Furthermore, even though I stay in orr for over 6 hours, same mobs, still make the same amount of gold. So you can feel as though you burst my bubble all you like, I’m in game farming and hit 20g before lunch. This is where I go to see what everyone is up to when they aren’t in game.

If I want to get my karma and buy some boxes then I simply exit stage left to maw or a dragon, and continue to grind. This is by far the easiest game I’ve ever played in both leveling and money making aspects. But to each their own I guess, I enjoy the game and hope to see the new changes and the world grow long after all the qq is gone, I’ll be here.

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Leamas.5803

So I’m unsure what the problem is. The vet/champ problem was addressed, its being worked on. I’m not sure what more people want other than to be spoon fed rares and exotics.

C’mon man you participated in the other thread. Those of us affected with the problem aren’t asking for freebies or even steady flow of rares/exotics. I see lots of people who say they get 3-4 rares per session in Orr. We’re just looking to be brought up to average, nothing more.

As an aside…
Someone had suggested changing a build for the situation, but the armor and weapons are only half the build. You have traits that must be rejigged to work well with the new build. Well that costs 40s and for someone like myself, if the RNG gods are feeling particularly stingy, this can be entire day’s profit.

Geotherma.2395

So I’m unsure what the problem is. The vet/champ problem was addressed, its being worked on. I’m not sure what more people want other than to be spoon fed rares and exotics.

C’mon man you participated in the other thread. Those of us affected with the problem aren’t asking for freebies or even steady flow of rares/exotics. I see lots of people who say they get 3-4 rares per session in Orr. We’re just looking to be brought up to average, nothing more.

As an aside…
Someone had suggested changing a build for the situation, but the armor and weapons are only half the build. You have traits that must be rejigged to work well with the new build. Well that costs 40s and for someone like myself, if the RNG gods are feeling particularly stingy, this can be entire day’s profit.

I do think build matters somewhat. Since many complain about not doing damage. Those geared for dungeons wearing defensive gear will have trouble tagging. Honestly I do not run dungeons so I can say that I have the Knights gear for my warrior, but fully dps build otherwise. This could be a large factor in the problem next to the initial launch bug that needs to be adjusted. I was the first person to post the HD video of the veteran dropping no loot, the veteran dropping a porous bone from chest. I have no problem assisting in showing anything wrong with game. But i don’t blatantly call them out on every aspect like some do without investigating the issue myself, unless of course it is beyond my means ie. programming.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

As stated earlier, we’re going to have to wait and see how the drop rate of rares will be affected/increased by this update. Right now I just feel mocked and offended. Guaranteed to drop a blue? Come on, greens are worthless garbage and rares are just good for ectos or 30ish silver. A rare should be guaranteed with a slightly better chance of getting an exotic. Champions are supposed to be (among?) the toughest enemies you will encounter in open world PvE, that has to be worth more than 30 [swear words] silver?

In case it turns out that we’re gonna see a whole lot more exotics I take back everything I just said.

Geotherma.2395

tigirius.9014

One problem with that. People have been actively counting the stars, there’s a big difference between assumption/anectdotal evidence and counting the exact number one receives especially in the cases where PermaDR has set in on top of the bug that’s already there causing the only person killing a champion to receive nothing.

Specifically, one can count the number of Ambulances on each full moon to determine if indeed that is an increase or decrease of hospital ER visits which is what the playerbase has done. Numbers don’t lie.

Geotherma.2395

One problem with that. People have been actively counting the stars, there’s a big difference between assumption/anectdotal evidence and counting the exact number one receives especially in the cases where PermaDR has set in on top of the bug that’s already there causing the only person killing a champion to receive nothing.

Specifically, one can count the number of Ambulances on each full moon to determine if indeed that is an increase or decrease of hospital ER visits which is what the playerbase has done. Numbers don’t lie.

But people do.

Very few people offered unedited videos of what they do with their time. Players were unable to post logs do to the removal of that system. Without said evidence its all just hearsay.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

…get into a group so that you at least do the minimum damage to qualify for loot.

I do not understand the logic to this statement (no offense meant at all), since big farming groups will probably kill enemy creatures too fast for some builds out there to register enough damage. They may even die before any were even tagged. Unless you mean higher HP enemies, in which case your offensive output benefits from group debuffs such as vulnerability, etc.

Which brings me to the following-I feel there must be a chance for all players that collaborated to receive loot, even if a low chance, because not all characters have maximum condition/power builds out there. MF gear, for instance, tends to go on the weaker side of things. Perhaps I am just misinterpreting how the damage% system works at all, but I do feel all players should be rewarded if they got an XP award, given that they helped in some way towards the kill, however minimal that help was.

Posted by: Nemisis.4690

Nemisis.4690

@Xomic

omg this made me spit out my iced tea, thanks for the laugh

“With weapons especially, the number of models is incredibly limited and one note. Probably 90% of Staves, for example, are tree branches with sticks of butter stuck on one end.”

Posted by: acklag.7203

acklag.7203

geotherma are u being paid by anet? Loot drops did change after Nov 15th, even Anet said so after 3 months of pr bs. Your complete disregard to evidence does not change that fact and your comprehension skills could use improvement before you gallivant your biased opinions.

Leamas.5803

But people do.

Very few people offered unedited videos of what they do with their time. Players were unable to post logs do to the removal of that system. Without said evidence its all just hearsay.

I think you’re putting too much faith in to a corporate entity. ANet are “people” too right? …Business as usual.

You do realize, with enough hearsay, it becomes true to the masses and at that point it doesn’t matter what the truth is anymore? Religions, past and present, have been exploiting this principle for many millennium. Anet had a chance to nip this in the bud months ago. Now it’s spun out of control, almost becoming a “cause” and and if they don’t deal with it, it will result in lost players…plain and simple. LOTS of players are waiting to see what happens with this patch.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As I’ve said before its unrealistic to have expected this level of evidence, plus the issue of making comparisons back to before Nov 15 when people had no reason to record their drops.

And besides Colin Johanson’s post has actually confirmed that the anecdotal evidence was correct.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: acklag.7203

acklag.7203

Where’s anet’s evidence that loot has not changed since Nov 15th?,

Show me the Money!!!

Why is anet arbitrating one particular part of loot in regards to champion drops?

Show me the Blind Nodding Yes-men!

Why should I take any pr note from Collin AS A GIFT?

Show me another Magic Trick!

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Hmm… before 11/15 patch (or earlier nobody knows) we had 2-3 rares per event. It was not 1 day. It was many hours and many days in a row, then 11/15 patch boom – less rares (patch promised more rares). Now 3+ months in a row we have 2-3 rare / hour.

It is not randomness when many people see same image for long time.

May be it is because we had more loot (in numbers) and from them more rares (because big numbers give more chances). I don’t know. We will see if the february patch will solve this problem.

P.S. They fight against exploits too aggressively imho.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Geotherma.2395

geotherma are u being paid by anet? Loot drops did change after Nov 15th, even Anet said so after 3 months of pr bs. Your complete disregard to evidence does not change that fact and your comprehension skills could use improvement before you gallivant your biased opinions.

They said nothing changed nov 15th its in the post that I’m really tired of copying and pasting… It says the problem found had no link to Nov 15th the problem was from launch.. But I’m done repeating what was said to people who lack reading skills or the ability to understand context whatsoever.. My “biased opinion” is based off of over 4 hours of video, 12 hours a day non stop farming over 2 months. So please before you toss judgement know what your talking about. Tired of this thread and its epic qq’ness, moving on.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

this game isnt really based on “loot” anyway…
its there, its useful as a slow progression system, but by no mean you need or should farm tyria…

proof of that are the new laurels; they are not grind based.

Really? Then how shall I get the materials necessary to make my crit build ranger 2x Ruby Orichalcum Earring of the Berserker with the intense mat requirements? Are ecto’s falling from the sky?

No, I need rares to drop during normal gameplay so I can salvage them for ectos so I can make rings and earnings for my characters.

You can’t buy ecto’s with laurels. Or orichalcum ore. If the game is not about loot, then how shall I obtain the items I require to do what I wish? Shall raspberries just appear at log in? Omnomberries just be plucked from the air?

Yes, farming for items is a part of the game. Is is both needed and necessary. The problem is all the anti-farming protocols in place make trying to do anything for yourself impossible.

I don’t want to buy earrnings from the TP. I leveled jeweling so I can make these things for myself and my alts. Same with tailoring. So I can make bags. But if I can’t farm cloth, how is that supposed to happen?

Your viewpoint baffles me.

Geotherma.2395

Hmm… before 11/15 patch (or earlier nobody knows) we had 2-3 rares per event. It was not 1 day. It was many hours and many days in a row, then 11/15 patch boom – less rares (patch promised more rares). Now 3+ months in a row we have 2-3 rare / hour.

It is not randomness when many people see same image for long time.

May be it is because we had more loot (in numbers) and from them more rares (because big numbers give more chances). I don’t know. We will see if the february patch will solve this problem.

P.S. They fight against exploits too aggressively imho.

I get about 1 rare per 2 events, this sounds like less but I did not play back then so I cannot be sure. Either way this thread has become increasingly irritating.. No offense to people who posted constructively.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Now 3+ months in a row we have 2-3 rare / hour.

Consider yourself lucky. I’ve gotten 2 rares in the last 2 MONTHS. 2-3 per hour?

I’ll trade you.

Geotherma.2395

But people do.

I think you’re putting too much faith in to a corporate entity. ANet are “people” too right? …Business as usual.

You do realize, with enough hearsay, it becomes true to the masses and at that point it doesn’t matter what the truth is anymore? Religions, past and present, have been exploiting this principle for many millennium. Anet had a chance to nip this in the bud months ago. Now it’s spun out of control, almost becoming a “cause” and and if they don’t deal with it, it will result in lost players…plain and simple. LOTS of players are waiting to see what happens with this patch.

I don’t put any faith in a company, simply in the business model. The main theme is making money by people playing the game, enjoying it, and purchasing gem store things to support its growth. If the company truly was all for ruining the game, what sense does that make.. Why would they in all honesty kitten over everyone? For fun? I mean really.. But seriously people will either listen and do their own homework or not, these ongoing complaints are enough to make anyone not want to play the game or simply never ever ever come back to these forums. Such a shame..

Leamas.5803

But people do.

I don’t put any faith in a company, simply in the business model. The main theme is making money by people playing the game, enjoying it, and purchasing gem store things to support its growth. If the company truly was all for ruining the game, what sense does that make.. Why would they in all honesty kitten over everyone? For fun? I mean really.. But seriously people will either listen and do their own homework or not, these ongoing complaints are enough to make anyone not want to play the game or simply never ever ever come back to these forums. Such a shame..

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Many a company and/or products were sunk by incredibly short-sighted get-rich-quick business decisions.

As for new players coming n, I would hope they would do their research. Player review is the best kind of review. Critic reviews are often paid for and/or based on pre-release products, so they’re not as reliable.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

They should be looking here and wonder why 20% of the user reviews are negative.

Geotherma.2395

But people do.

This wouldn’t surprise me at all. Many a company and/or products were sunk by incredibly short-sighted get-rich-quick business decisions.

As for new players coming n, I would hope they would do their research. Player review is the best kind of review. Critic reviews are often paid for and/or based on pre-release products, so they’re not as reliable.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

They should be looking here and wonder why 20% of the user reviews are negative.

Reviews aren’t everything. Many people can agree that something is good, not meaning that thing is right. Some examples: Germany, Hiroshima, Vietnam. Its a rather long list. But people need to be wary of these forums because reviews don’t make a game, players do. Forums don’t make a community alone, the people actually in the game do. And I’ve yet to meet anyone as closed minded and so easily agitated as the people on the forums. I highly doubt Arenanet is a get rich quick plan.. Concidering they have more than just this game invested. But I’m just some nobody in a game, what do I know..

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

If I understand it correctly, I find it somewhat hilarious. The issue would only affect the players who would specifically notice it and be most annoyed by it: People in large groups of MF heavy gear. They’re the most likely to have gotten kill credit, but not loot credit, due to the sheer number of players (and potentially lower stats, as well.).

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)