Loot? Who needs that...

Loot? Who needs that...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AmBoSS.7129

AmBoSS.7129

I’d really love to see GW2 having no Loot at all. No gear progression.

Yeah, for everyone not understanding: You kill an enemy, and you get…nothing. Hell, why should a troll drop gold anyway.

So, some of you are going to ask stupid questions like “But…but…why should I play something stupid like this, hah?! (with a dumb look on their faces, obviously)…no LOOT?!”

Well, without loot or mindnumbing grind the devs would be forced to release some real stuff, like an interesting story, better mechanics, more skills….making a better game, that is.

Yeah, I am daydreaming here, never mind me…story…who the kitten needs this kitten anyway, good for nothing, I know

Loot? Who needs that...

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

interesting thought but i think they could do better stories better mechanics and add more skill even with loot in the game. without loot and a bad game id see no one playing it. loots just a concept to keep the carrot chasers around really

Loot? Who needs that...

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

People like collecting stuff, maybe some leftovers from the whole hunter-gatherer society thing of our evolution. MMO’s are about loot, it is what makes people happy, getting those fancy items. You can’t simply take that away because YOU think it’s stupid, I don’t need loot either, but I can fully understand why people need it as a motivation and to have fun.

Loot? Who needs that...

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

People like collecting stuff, maybe some leftovers from the whole hunter-gatherer society thing of our evolution. MMO’s are about loot, it is what makes people happy, getting those fancy items. You can’t simply take that away because YOU think it’s stupid, I don’t need loot either, but I can fully understand why people need it as a motivation and to have fun.

Introduce full loot PvP and suddenly the game isn’t about loot anymore.

I know, shocking thought, but it worked really great in the past – before those games became about loot, too.

One – Piken Square