Loot : WvW vs sPvP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dark HUmar.6578

Dark HUmar.6578

What has better loot? Or can you also get pretty cool stuff from WvW? Some how it feels like sPvP has a stable loot income. I enjoy both beside my few hours of PvE a day but I am just wondering, can you get expensive items from WvW? Once in sPvP I got a bag with a exotic item that I sold for like 90 gold

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

WvW is dead….

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Sure, there have been people who have gotten precursors in WvW but relying on big ticket items is not going to get you very far unless you somehow KNOW you are especially lucky.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Spvp reward tracks give way better and more frequently quality loot than drops and rank-up chests in WvW in my opinion.

WvW needs something like this for ranking. The variety of items is just not there for WvW rewards.

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

neither . spvp rewards are a guarantee for poverty-most of the tracks are fairly bad…there are only say 3 or 4 tracks of any interest. and in terms of time investment they are a total waste. 1 run in silverwastes is worth a day of pvp.

now that being said pvp is much more fun and challenging than pve but if you participate you just have to know that your pve counterparts will be swimming in gold while you trade in silver.

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

I think WvW reward tracks would be a good idea, tbh.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think WvW reward tracks would be a good idea, tbh.

What would you use to progress the track? WXP? That would probably mean regular loot drops would get removed. Might not be a bad idea since that would get rid of the need to spam your AoE loot button as well.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

It’s worth remembering PvP loot bags are the only ones in the game that are affected by magic find. If you save them up for when Call of the Mists is active to max out your magic find, you can get some pretty good drops – I’ve had several ascended chests from champion bags this way.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Both is bad. If you want Loot play PvE. :-(

Posted by: Devon.5126

Devon.5126

In terms of Gold Income:
PvE > PvP > Begging for Copper to use Way Points > WvW > Commanding (Negative Gold)

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

PvP > PvE > WvW

The loot from PvP is insane. Awesome exotics galore and you get to CHOOSE the chests you will get!

Also: Transmutation Charges. It’s the loot you always wanted in WvW but never got.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’d rather have anet fix what’s wrong with wvw/the game than bringing another new mechanic into that mode.
I never really felt as if I was getting too little loot – the upgrades did hurt though.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

PvP > PvE > WvW

The loot from PvP is insane. Awesome exotics galore and you get to CHOOSE the chests you will get!

Also: Transmutation Charges. It’s the loot you always wanted in WvW but never got.

No real argument for me actually. The rank up chests are ok. The loot the bosses drop is ok. The new nodes are really nice (although I miss black peppercorns from time to time – I used to farm them in NC).
Transmutation charges, well.. my characters usually get one or two outfits once they hit 80 and that was it. I have somewhat close to 200 charges, so.. and wvw map completion dropped them before wvw had been taken out of world map completion.

I really don’t think the wvw loot is that bad.