Loot is excessive and unenjoyable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

[/quote]

if u sell all mats obtained from it, u get tons of gold..

the true gold from GW2 comes from mats.
[/quote]

Or if you craft take those mats and craft them up and sell them much more gold that way and takes very little time or throw them in the MF

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Or if you craft take those mats and craft them up and sell them much more gold that way and takes very little time or throw them in the MF

This only leads to another issue, bulk MF crafting is…..

Well lets put it like this, i hope you like having arthritis.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure he/she was referring to MF crafting.

There’s lots of regular crafting to do using gathered/salvaged materials that can turn a pretty copper.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

This only leads to another issue, bulk MF crafting is…..

Well lets put it like this, i hope you like having arthritis.

I’m old as dirt and so far no problems. I craft up my extra mats for the Mystic Forge and the TP about once a week it doesn’t take much just a few clicks no big deal. I like the Gold and granted I’ve only gotten 1 pre from the MF but it was 1 more then I had.

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

So maybe the best solution is to abolish loot altogether.
That would solve the excessive problem in the OP, and would also solve the unenjoyable problem.
Why is everyone so obsessed with loot anyway?

Posted by: Saniyah.1984

Saniyah.1984

I think it is soo selfish to ask this >.<
New accounts need crap loot for salvage into Luck to boost Magic Find. Also most salvage mats could be sold for money

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

When the other post gets shot down, don’t make a new one about the same thing. First world problem, You can handle not getting any loot yourself. Everyone else on the other hand has crafting to do or materials to sell.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m against the necro, but for the 2 last ppl replying:

You get low grade loot to salvage for materials. The materials are used to craft stuff… for your character, for t7 mats, for anything you can think off.

Getting 3 ecto’s from a boss will not allow me to keep crafting t7 mats, SO yes I’m happy I can salavege huge loot pools.

The fact you state it’s only about cash should make you think if you might be able to convert your huge stacks of garbage to valuable items and sell them, making more then just coppers…

The fact some cannot see the value in this shows some have no clue what is capable with inginuity and inventivness needed. This game is more then just stacking garbage for coppers. playing only part of it will make you lose out on many things.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Getting loot u need to salvage into some materials for crafting is neither exiting.
I don’t care much for the crafting system, so for me thats even more underwhelming.

The quality of the loot is very underwhelming.
As said, to much low quality loot.

Only times i get exited by loot is when i get a very rare more valuable item, like a Silver Doubloon or a Maguuma Lily.

The loot system is to connected to the crafting system and the TP, to properly improve quality of loot i fear.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Understand the stuff you use has been crafted… or has a good chance it needed crafted materials… unless you are surviving fully on raid shards. (how did you get into gear for raiding?)

So in your opinion you should get 1 or 2 rare or exotic drops and nothing more?

That would kill the economy, kill the TP and reduce the percieved value of all skins. it would also kill crafting and the influx of new players as they cannot get stuff anymore to progress.. I doubt you see the problems.

Even just not receiving low level loot will drive prices up and make influx of new (casual) players problematic. The dungeoneers, raiders and the fractal runners will not have these problems. The rest of gw2 would not have drops or possibilities of progression.

You’ll end up with a problem: you have loot but no game to play.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I also think the loot is unenjoyable. I think it should differ from related loot (e.g. meat from an enemy) and real shiny drops (rare stuff).

The problem I have is that I don’t care about loot the slightest, and everytime I see my bag icon being red, I know I have to tediously throw away all the stuff. Of course, I know the “Store materials” options, but the amount of instant repair kits and such items that require me to type long names in the confirmation box (“5 Schnellverwertungskits” and such stuff). When I get presented random junk after I complete even the smallest events and jobs I am very annoyed by that, mostly because the window just pops in the center of the screen, ESC does not remove it and I died more than once due to blocking my stuff and inputs.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

It might be neccesary to learn to sell your loot, instead of running on like a mad man. thinking this wil be the way to get rich..

So this is not about the loot, but you’re impatience and your unwillingness to adapt.
Having some down time to sell and just forging (*or selling the sigls and runes tends to cost 1 minute or less… with 140+ slots like on most of my characters. this is routine, due to durngo runs… I normally can run 2-3 dungeon paths and I ned to sell or I can salavge after each path. then I ne to clear junk afterward.

Most junk is the junk left over from sigils and runes from blues and greens whcih are now left over due to the change in salvage kits roughly 2 years ago.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

First 3 days is hardly thread necromancy. Second the “change” to salvage kits was a bug fix to actually deliver what the flavor text on salvage kits stated the extraction rate for upgrades said.

Sure, this means minor, and to a lesser extent rare, runes and sigils are left in your inventory after a mass salvage + send to collections but it’s not so difficult to stop at any NPC vendor to sell off anything that you can’t sell immediately to the TP as well as “junk”. It’s simply a habit players need to develop.

Of course the other habit a player needs is to learn to post items for sale rather than sell immediately as a way to earn more gold.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They were probably referring to the 9-month old necromancy from the OP date. ; )

I never think loot is excessive; it’s almost all worth some amount of Gold.