Loot issues still exist for some.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Can you try to farm the riff skelks for about 20 minutes?
It would be easier to compare our results.

The spot can be found here:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/under_new_management.jpg
From the pearl islet waypoint just go down to the left and then bear right.

Comparing results is good, but since the drop rates seem to come and go in waves, it’s going to either look like people have incredibly good or incredibly bad loot if we’re only looking at 20 minute increments.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’ve never had an exotic from an end chest in ANY event, dungeon or world boss and I’ve been playing since BWE3. Yet I have a friendly who gets annoyed if he doesn’t get at least 2 rares from a world boss (he usually does); and I’ve seen him get 2 exotics once

Something is definitely screwy with how loot is calculated.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I’ve never had an exotic from an end chest in ANY event, dungeon or world boss and I’ve been playing since BWE3. Yet I have a friendly who gets annoyed if he doesn’t get at least 2 rares from a world boss (he usually does); and I’ve seen him get 2 exotics once

Something is definitely screwy with how loot is calculated.

I never had an Exotic drop for 1700 hours but when they added the World Event dedicated i got a few, I’ve only ever recieved a couple of Exotics in Open world drops ever i believe in over 2500 hours now, magic find or nothing it makes zero difference..

I have never, repeat NEVER seen a lodestone drop in open world in 2500 hours of game play, i have seen them from occasional dungeon chests, but never had one drop outright from an open world mob and i’ve farmed for many hours, with 150% mf..

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Can you try to farm the riff skelks for about 20 minutes?
It would be easier to compare our results.

The spot can be found here:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/under_new_management.jpg
From the pearl islet waypoint just go down to the left and then bear right.

Comparing results is good, but since the drop rates seem to come and go in waves, it’s going to either look like people have incredibly good or incredibly bad loot if we’re only looking at 20 minute increments.

That’s just RNG, what you are looking for is consistently good/bad results, which would show a non-random influence at work. So far it’s working as expected.

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

350% MF on karka island and I got loot that’s arguably 4-5 times lousier than what you do at COF p1. Anet isn’t budging about increasing the loot.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I only ever got 2 exotics. The rest of them I bought or made for myself. The first one was in the mystic forge (pure luck) the second one was right after i complained that I will never get an exo drop.

Black Lion Keys are said to drop, but I have only gotten 2 the entire time I have played. Both came from storyline. I still need to do Arah.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I did skelks for a full hour this time, with a total of 383 MF, and this is what I ended up with.

This is the first time I’ve done skelks since the living story started, so I’ll have to do another hour sometime again in the future. I fear they would be poor if I returned too soon, and I may have just gotten lucky on this. I’ve got it recorded as well, but haven’t uploaded it or anything.

Attachments:

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

13 powerful bloods? That would be a record for me in an hour farming those skelks. Nice work. Grats on the box.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve had pretty good luck with powerful blood on Southsun…and I don’t spend an hour farming EVER.

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I still believe that DR is completly bugged for some of us.

I was farming in southsun cove. After 10 minutes I got the feeling that full DR had kicked in. I only got loot from every 5th mob and that was usually gray stuff or ocassionally some crafting mat.

I toughd Id see if DR reset would work for me. I went 1 hour into bisbane wildlands doing some stuff hoping DR would reset. Then I logged off for the next 14 hours. After login I went back to southshun cove with 340 MF.

In the 1 hour I farmed there I got:

2 Green Items
4 Blue Items
5 T5 Scales
5 T5 Blood
2 T5 Claws

small chunks of grey crap.

[img]http://s22.postimg.org/q8ao6h0wh/crap_loot.jpg[/img]

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

You have to realize that if you roll a die 100 times you will get an average of three. sometimes you hit a bunch of ones, other times you get a bunch of sixes. As for the people that ping all of those exotics or 3 rares from an event or whatever already had that stuff in their inventory and are out to just make people jealous. Everyone rolls from the same loot tables. What really bothers me Tigirius.9014 is that even in threads that have nothing to do with loot drops your comments are " yeah x really sucks but when you add in the fact that some people get all the loot it makes it worse. My suggestion would be to change zones often and don’t try to farm for specific drops because it just doesn’t work. There is no reason for Anet to try to screw with a small number of players – that is just silly.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

(…)As for the people that ping all of those exotics or 3 rares from an event or whatever already had that stuff in their inventory and are out to just make people jealous. Everyone rolls from the same loot tables. (…)

Sorry, but allow me to doubt that. 2250 hours across 4 different level 80’s, and I got half a dozen exotics drops. Anyone with 500 hours has got at least as many, most of people more. Not to talk about lodestones and the rest of stuff. Some of us are WAY past a stadistic anomally. And on the way to leave the game as soon as we get an alternative.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

It’s the law of averages. Study basic statistics and you will see that some players will get far more some will get far less. I’ve logged about 1200 hours and gotten about 6 exotic drops. I’m not mad about it at all because it’s all about rng. Some days are better for me on good drops, other days I get garbage. It’s about averages.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

For the said loot issues to be observed pretty well, you guys have to take into account how DR/anti bot-farm code works, and what triggers it. Otherwise, you can only make generalizations of things, aka: longer time staying in one place killing a certain mob→continually reducing loot drop, either via reduction of magic find values or changing loot tables.

Resetting DR also has to take into account the time period spent not playing across a region/game. A good way to check this is to have specific schedules on farming sprees, i.e for a player playing daily, s/he should cycle between the 80 zones (CS/SC/FS), with a break at least for a day. Or better yet, cycle characters playing into the zone.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

This keeps coming up in another thread of mine so I thought I might move it here.

Are there still people out there that experience the lopsided loot issues? The kind I’m talking about are where you’re in a group of friends doing an event and that one guy that gets everything every week walks away with 4 times as much loot as anyone else?

How about, where you’re in a group doing an event and not only do you get all greys 100% of the time it stops after about the 8th kill because DR still kicks in for mobs that appear only for events.

Or how about this one. You try to farm materials (T5 because you can’t ever get a T6 to drop even when mars is in retro) and you kill 6 mobs only to start getting bones? (and it’s no exaggeration when I say 6 mobs total)?

Keep in mind this is with or without magic find with the same results for both.

Because I’m quite sure it’s not just me, it’s not my imagination, and I had tons more coming in the first month of the game launching prior to the new dungeon focus in Nov.

I’ve tried those boxes with and without magic find, and all I get are more karma bottles. Anyone else get those all the time from the RNG laurel/karma boxes they put into the game? Talk about frustrating!

I’d like to hear from the people who are affected by this, please no derailing or flaming

Not only this, also the skill/server lag is still very omnipresent during events along with the low FPS that was supposedly tweaked with the last update.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger