Loot on downscaling

Loot on downscaling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zeraphim.7385

Zeraphim.7385

It would be a cool idea to make the lvl of loot items to follow the downscaling lvl instead of the actual lvl. Only problem would be doing world bosses but maybe they can be flagged to drop the real lvl loot.

Example if I go to a lvl 30 place as lvl 80 I would get lvl 30 loot.

Anet what you think of that?

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

I would have to say no thank you very much. What use would you have for loot under your level aside from salvaging?

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pretty sure you already get both.

Good luck.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No thanks. I mystic forge most of my greens and I need level 80 gear for that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Zeraphim.7385

Zeraphim.7385

So why not farm lvl 80 gear in a lvl 80 map? Well the option to no recieve any exp would work also so you can make alts that doesnt gain any lvl just for the sole purpose of farming lower lvl gear/mats for salvaging.

Loot on downscaling

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t farm gear. I play the game whatever map I feel like and I get level 80 gear. I then Mystic Forge the weapons and the medium and heavy armor to try to get rare quality or light armor. I don’t want to be restricted to level 80 maps or get lots of low level gear that I can’t turn into rare quality to salvage for ectos.

ANet may give it to you.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

LOL I can see this as a timeline of events

Day 1, post on forum to downscale loot aswell as level
Day 2, Anet introduce said update
Day 3, WHAAAAA im a new player and there is no one in the low level zones, I cannot find anyone to help me
Day 4, Anet removes said update
Day 5, normal service as resumed.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I’m around in low level area a lot because I’m doing map completion.
I like the lower level areas more.
Dry top, Silverwaste and Cursed shore are nicely done, but if it comes to design I don’t like them as much as good old Qeensdale or Caledon forest.
I like the starting areas and getting nice loot there instead spending hours in a “boring” desert is a nice plus that I don’t want to miss.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

This is an old topic since the advent of Ascended crafting. Many QoL solutions have been discussed but the true reason for this is to distribute wealth from level 80 players to new players as they level. If you make level 40 crafting mats useless to level 40 characters, but highly valuable to level 80 characters, then the newbies can earn some gold, get used to the TP as the source of gold, and keep level 80s gold stashes lower. It’s a necessary function of the GW2 economic model.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

as already stated you do get both items already some tuned to your effective level and some to your actual level.
Only works down from what I remember dont think you will get 80 gear going to Orr as level 10

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I would have to say no thank you very much. What use would you have for loot under your level aside from salvaging?

That’s the point. Lower level gear salvages for actually good materials worth something on the tp, whereas level 80 gear salvages for trash like mithril, elder wood, etc.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

just save all your loot bags and open them on a character that is in the level range of the loot you want.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

I am currently mapping level 1-15 areas with my lvl 80’s and the loot I get range from 1-15 and 75-80. There is no use for low lvl stuff other than salvaging but that only gets low tier mats.

I think the loot should be relevant to your characters level. It’s bad enough the damage has been lowered.

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

This idea is… some how a “NO TANKS” kind, most 80lv youll see on lower maps are indeed there not for the view but the loot, people dont do the WB train to get greens or blues, they do it for the “rare ones” and mostly for the “ectos” or the collection exotics, if you remove that not only you’ll get empty low level maps, but 80s maps full of veterans, and lest be real, most 80s maps are… how should i say it… BORING.

As a crafter i salvage most of the gear, even have the Silver-recycle machine, so i dont wanna ofend but i find this idea pretty much crazy, is like saying that every single mine on the game will give you a single item.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

It would be a cool idea to make the lvl of loot items to follow the downscaling lvl instead of the actual lvl. Only problem would be doing world bosses but maybe they can be flagged to drop the real lvl loot.

This is exactly why those bags of masterwork items are a fantastic thing. Open those puppies with low level characters to get low level items to salvage, if you so desire.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Considering the bulk of our basic mats comes from Salvage, and T3-5 mats are required to construct Ascended gear, I’d say we’d have a good use for those mats. Especially with Cloth. Even if you aren’t making ascended gear, cloth currently sell for 10 times previous value because of the large amounts needed to make ascended armor.

Leather is odd in that its not used extensively, and only on the less popular classes.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s how it was originally. Due to community feedback, they changed it so there’s a mix: ~80-90% loot at your level; 10-20% at the downscaled level. This is why champs in <L60 zones & dungeons sometimes drop rare, masterwork, fine, or common bags (depending on area).

Getting sub-80 gear also means decreasing the chances of ascended or exotic drops, including precursors.

I could see them reducing the fraction a few percent; I can’t see them changing it to 0%.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

just save all your loot bags and open them on a character that is in the level range of the loot you want.

This works for champ bags, not loot bags, which loot table is determined by its prefix (tiny, small, medium, large, heavy etc).

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

This works for champ bags, not loot bags, which loot table is determined by its prefix (tiny, small, medium, large, heavy etc).

He probably meant Bag of Loot bags, but the specifics do matter.

Loot on downscaling

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The purpose of not downscaling loot, along with XP, is so it doesn’t discourage high level players from playing in low level zones and therefore events found there are still relevant to your level cap character.

Do you want to flush all low level zones of players except for leveling characters?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Loot on downscaling

Just a flesh wound.3589

Low level loot only, or mostly, in low level areas would mean rares or exotics would drop even more infrequently as most rares and exotics don’t even begin until about mid level. The Shadow Behemoth, for example, gives rares and exotics based on char level not the level of the area, which is level 14. How many people would be wanting to do the Meta Bosses if they only drop low level blues and greens? There also would be zero chance of a precursor drop from a low level foe. They would only drop in the high level maps. It’s not just salvaging that’s important here.

ANet may give it to you.