Loot scaling test

Loot scaling test

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

This was inspired by this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Why-is-the-wvw-loot-so-bad/first#post1112085 where someone mentioned constant high level drops for high level chars in low level areas. I have never, in my entire guild wars 2 time, encountered good periods of time to get any level appropriate loot in low level zones for my 80 char.

Here I did a full MF set run of kessex hills(bottom) and queensdale(top) where I filled 2 18 slot bags with loot I got from monsters.

I only had 1 level 76 item and the rest was leveled according to the map.

Would be nice to see others trying this out and showing what they get when they fill a bag in a low level area with high level character.

Attachments:

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Loot scaling test

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I get a lot more than you guys in terms of level appropriate loot.

Yet I never did a study like this. Nor can I. I have my bags filled with tools and things. Yet when I do get lv 70-80 stuff in heavy or light armor or metal based weapons, it becomes mithril and silk.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Loot scaling test

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Could a few people be willing to spare little of their time just to see what kind of drops they are getting.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Loot scaling test

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

When I go back for map completion, I’m always get “zone” appropriate gear. I saw a red post that said map rewards were supposed to be leveled too, but those are always zone appropriate.

Which is why I’ve started doing all the zones in one succession, so at least I might find something I can use. Like right now i’m doing all the 1-15 zones before moving up in the personal story quests. And then will do the same for the next section.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Loot scaling test

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

…I’ve started doing all the zones in one succession, so at least I might find something I can use. Like right now i’m doing all the 1-15 zones…

I tried that. Even avoiding DEs (which feels weird and is weird) I’d finish 3 of them and be over lvl 20. I think you just have to accept it as vendor trash or free ectos for the 70+ stuff.