Lord have mercy, Miss Scarlet...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

…I don’t know nothin’ about keeping my storage tidy, not with you around!

I mean, look at this. Just look: Bits of various cyphers, scraps of random metal thingies, keys, somebody else’s journal, your journal, chunks of that ugly plant you grew in Kessex Hills, colored pieces of the keys from that escapade, on and on and on…

My thief has long since retired, complaining she can no longer stealthily sneak up on enemies because of all this jangling junk in her bags. My my mesmer asks..nay, demands…that you provide us with 20 slot bags free of charge if you’re going to continue with your disorderly disasters.

That is all.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Haha, yeah all that random junk does get annoying when you don’t need it.

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Chunks of the plant can be deposited in your bank, unless you’ve already maxed that out.

Dwarven keys can be sold or deleted, as they drop pretty regularly in the Shiverpeaks and you only need them for 1 or 2 doors.

Is the tri-color chest completely gone now? I’d say you can sell/trash those keys as well.

Scraps of random metal thingies? Are you referring to the salvageable ones? Use a salvage kit on them for shinies!

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

give us a separate wallet for Living World stuff or will become a bad word.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Haha, yeah all that random junk does get annoying when you don’t need it.

And you don’t know if you should toss it or hang on to it just in case ANet come up with some “remember the event” trade in or similar…

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Junk is held onto in anticipation of needing it at a later date? Check.

Bags fill up with junk? Check.

Players buy gems to increase bank and inventory storage to keep up with the junk? Check.

Appears to be working exactly as intended. Don’t forget they hired someone from Nexon who was involved in the Maple Story economy to advise them on game monetization. The fact that there is so much junk cluttering up our collective inventories is no accident. Use it, sell it, or delete it.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Players buy gems to increase bank and inventory storage to keep up with the junk? Check.

Appears to be working exactly as intended. Don’t forget they hired someone from Nexon who was involved in the Maple Story economy to advise them on game monetization. The fact that there is so much junk cluttering up our collective inventories is no accident. Use it, sell it, or delete it.

Because Tyria needs conspiracy theorists too.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Nope, that’s how it works if you want to sell bank and bag slots in a subscribtion free game. Implement as many currencies as possible be it tokens or event items, flood the players.

Posted by: Justice.3608

Justice.3608

I agree that’s how it works.

For more than a year, I ran on the default bank space. But since the last sale I bought 3 extra tabs… the thing is I still have the same amount of space relatively, cause now I’m holding onto all this random junk and bloodstone dust/emp stars that I used to trash.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I agree that’s how it works.

For more than a year, I ran on the default bank space. But since the last sale I bought 3 extra tabs… the thing is I still have the same amount of space relatively, cause now I’m holding onto all this random junk and bloodstone dust/emp stars that I used to trash.

I’m starting to see this now. Fortunately I’m not a hoarder and haven’t spent a single gem on bank/inventoy space.

At least with bloodstone you can turn it to bricks which saves space. Will probably just end up deleting these code fragments and similar stuff.

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I think the sardonic wit and wisdom of George Carlin can help shed some light on this issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLoge6QzcGY

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

You don’t pay a sub, brah. And ANet needs to make money…

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I think what needs to happen is anet has to make it clear what will be used in the future and what is a 1 time deal. maybe then we can stop hording junk in the faint hope it might have a use later.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Okay then explain this? Why was it exactly the same in Guild Wars 1.

There were a million things that dropped that you might need. There were things you collected for Christmas, because they sold then. There were things you just KNEW Nicholas the Traveler was going to need one day, so you saved them. At least I did.

There were so many currencies for so many different things. In Nightfall there was a different currency for each area you went so you could buy salvage kits and other stuff.

Where was this Nexon employee then?

/conspiracy theory

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Well, if you want to bring up GW1, ok, we can go there. Eventually GW1 introduced additional inventory slots that could only be unlocked from their store. It came late in the game’s lifespan and GW1 didn’t have a gem store directly accessible from within the game; but the same concept was there. They’ve simply expanded upon it and made it more readily available with the GW2 in-game gem store.

As to why they didn’t have a Nexon employee back in GW1, ArenaNet is best suited to answer that. Perhaps they didn’t have the budget, they thought they could do it in-house, they were too deep into the development of GW2 and put their energies there, etc.

What happened with GW1 isn’t terribly relevant to the OP’s thread, though, as we’re discussing GW2. And in GW2, there are a multitude of currencies and items, limited storage space in which to keep them, an in-game option to buy more storage space, and their own admission in a blog post prior to beta they were hiring a Nexon employee to assist with monetization. That’s not a conspiracy theory; those are simply the facts.

Nowhere in my first post did I say they shouldn’t figure out a way to monetize. It was simply a suggestion of how to deal with all the clutter for those who choose not to purchase more storage space; use it, sell it, or destroy it. Problem solved.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Well, if you want to bring up GW1, ok, we can go there. Eventually GW1 introduced additional inventory slots that could only be unlocked from their store. It came late in the game’s lifespan and GW1 didn’t have a gem store directly accessible from within the game; but the same concept was there. They’ve simply expanded upon it and made it more readily available with the GW2 in-game gem store.

As to why they didn’t have a Nexon employee back in GW1, ArenaNet is best suited to answer that. Perhaps they didn’t have the budget, they thought they could do it in-house, they were too deep into the development of GW2 and put their energies there, etc.

What happened with GW1 isn’t terribly relevant to the OP’s thread, though, as we’re discussing GW2. And in GW2, there are a multitude of currencies and items, limited storage space in which to keep them, an in-game option to buy more storage space, and their own admission in a blog post prior to beta they were hiring a Nexon employee to assist with monetization. That’s not a conspiracy theory; those are simply the facts.

Nowhere in my first post did I say they shouldn’t figure out a way to monetize. It was simply a suggestion of how to deal with all the clutter for those who choose not to purchase more storage space; use it, sell it, or destroy it. Problem solved.

I’m sorry but someone directly tied this event to having a nexon employee. I was responding to that comment. My response was directly to the comment about the nexon employee is the reason it existed.

Since it existed prior to the nexon employee in a product by the same company I find it entirely relevant and can’t imagine why you don’t.

Essentially someone is drawing a conclusion based on the fallacy that a Nexon employee specifically created a situation unique to Guild Wars 2. Since it’s in Guild Wars 1, I say that’s not true.

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Grenth curse me… how could I’ve been so blind? I thought you and krall were on ANet’s payroll the whole time. What a horrid mistake… unforgivable.

But now I finally realize that it’s Nexon hiring you guys for this incredible defense (and it is truly incredible – in the positive sense – without any insidious sarcasm coating my words) you’re providing.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.