Losing Fan Support! :(

in Community Creations

Posted by: Tia Silvensong.6840

Tia Silvensong.6840

This is from Noxxic’s website!

“On May 15, the Noxxic team made the decision to close our Guild Wars 2 site effective immediately. It has always been our goal to provide the best content possible for the games we cover and this was becoming increasingly difficult to do for GW2. We have decided that we would rather end our GW2 support than provide incomplete or out-of-date content for a game.

Ultimately, GW2 proved to be a game that might not have been the best fit for Noxxic. The end-game of GW2 is not as competitive or high-stakes as other MMOs. In our opinion, this lack of competition has led to a general lack of interest in end-game builds and guides. In many ways, ArenaNet succeeded in their promise to make most builds viable, but at the same time they limited the opportunity for fansites to provide support to players.

Noxxic is not alone in ending support for GW2. Many of the resources we used, like gw2db.com, guildhead.com, intothemists.com, gw2buildcraft.com, gw2codex.com, and others have all slowly tapered off their support for GW2 and have not managed to update for the April 15 feature pack a month after its release. Developing content for a game with limited fansite support, outdated build calculators, and inaccurate databases leads to a low quality product that we no longer wish to deliver.

We have many exciting plans for the future of Noxxic and do not consider the closure of our GW2 guides to be a setback. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Closing our GW2 guides, while difficult, allows us to dedicate more time to our other games while completing the largest site overhaul and redesign in Noxxic’s history. We’ll have more to say about the redesign soon, but we can promise it’s going to be epic."

What’s happening? :/

Underworld. A Grim Clique [Grim]
Flixie Everglow -80 Ranger

in Community Creations

Posted by: Echou.1923

Echou.1923

Now let’s see White Knights come here and bash all those sites.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

no idea who noxxic is

probably b/c dulfy took the monopoly on gw2 infomation

in Community Creations

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

While I agree with many of the points they have made I think it’s more complex than that.

With an official forum, wiki, podcasts and youtube all able to add guides, commentary and advice in a far more user friendly and accessible way pure forum based fan sites are always going to have a tough time of it.

Also, people in general are far more used to watching a guide on youtube than browsing a forum and in most cases the creator spends much less time making said guide as typing it out, checking it and doing all the images takes way more time than actually playing through it and recording it

So yes there is some truth to what they say, but it’s not the entire picture.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Community Creations

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

It’s the same game since release. There is literally no new content or anything game changing. I haven’t played in about a month or so now because there is nothing to do. This repetitive thing thats coming from last year only adds to why people are bored of this game.

Lets face it there is no end game and the pvp is full of cheese builds that make playing the game boring. While the fanboys do enjoy running in circles with tank builds in all pvp aspects I don’t see entertainment in it. I played 5k hours of this game and 3k of those hours I repeated everything I had already done in the first 2k hours.

The game has no major content and the things they add they just leave em behind(fractals). Every update adds temporary things most of the time. The 15th feature patch was more of somethings they were supposed to have during release. The game doesn’t focus on all play styles it just focuses on those people who like doing repetitive things and running around in zergs just hitting 1.

When REAL content gets added to the game Im sure more people will come back and play it. Till then there is really nothing for people who have played this game for awhile. I bought the game 2 days after release and played it for a while then took a 6 month break and now again because there is nothing to get online for.

Fanboys will flame and do their forum jobs but thats them. They don’t listen to reason and blindly protect something that does not deliver.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

no idea who noxxic is

probably b/c dulfy took the monopoly on gw2 infomation

I wasn’t aware of who they were either.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Community Creations

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

We’ve already seen this quote in another thread that’s still active. Was this added to jump on the general “GW2 sux!” bandwagon that’s parading around at the moment?

edit: Maybe the other thread is gone. It was around a little while ago!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

in Community Creations

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Now let’s see White Knights come here and bash all those sites.

attacking someone as a “White Knight” is a tautological fallacy. In basic words “eww, you are defending something you like because you like it”.

Edit: same goes for “fanboy”.

(edited by Algreg.3629)

in Community Creations

Posted by: tasha.4176

tasha.4176

regardless of it being the whole picture, this game is rather stale after hitting 80 cap. Other than experiencing all the dungeons and gearing up, legendary’s and ascended armor are very unnecessary. The fact there is no real way for me to spend hours grinding and limiting my ways to acquire a decent amount of money every hour or so, for these overly inflated vanity items, is a real kick in the teeth. Just the other day, I tried grinding CM p1, to level my alt. I was pretty hype tbh. My third attempt at the dungeon was nothing but a let down, lo and behold, my experience and money was cut in half. . . after my third completion. This confused me and after looking some thing’s up on google, i found, “Diminishing returns”. Now, that completely turned me off and I was pretty disappointed and angry. How is anyone to do anything fun in this game when everything is restricted to this, once per day nonsense. Gw2 kind of sucks lately and everything I try to do to change my mind on it, just proves to me more and more this game is just a waste of time. If I had something else to play, I would. To bad ESO sucks, or that would be my calling.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I cannot help but wonder if this is really “bad news”. They basically say GW2 does not require 3rd party support as the game is easy enough and does not require a lot of number crunching and things like that. Isn´t that exactly what Anet aimed at with their farmvilly target audience?

in Community Creations

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I cannot help but wonder if this is really “bad news”. They basically say GW2 does not require 3rd party support as the game is easy enough and does not require a lot of number crunching and things like that. Isn´t that exactly what Anet aimed at with their farmvilly target audience?

Seems to be a typical raid-grinder page if i also see this :

The end-game of GW2 is not as competitive or high-stakes as other MMOs.

So no .. don’t see it as “bad news”, since GW2 was never announced to be an EQ-Style games.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Noxxic honestly had no real reason to have a GW2 section.

I mean, I appreciated their build calculator back in the day where it was one of only a few out there, and it was nice to have a compendium of information available in one spot.

But almost all of the information was easily viewable ingame anyway. It very quickly became dated and served no real purpose.

Not to mention the site tried a little too hard to make up for the lack of trinity with set roles that aren’t nearly so neatly defined as they tried to make it. How many times have you gone into GW2 and looked for a party with the right amount of ‘support’ and ‘control’?

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Community Creations

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

I won’t defend the lack of permanent or challenging content in this game; it is absolutely true. You can blame the terrible living story for that.

Other sites dropping GW2 is something I don’t really follow though. They might not have updated their sites on the same days as the patch was launched, for various reasons, but followed soon after. Are they maybe complaining that user posted builds on those sites haven’t updated yet? If so, that’s quite absurd.

in Community Creations

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i too have never heard about Noxxic before. no offense meant.

dulfy, yes, i know.

and gw2skills.net/editor/ for their editor

and some others

in Community Creations

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

for real, 95% of the times you dont have to look past GW2 wiki and dulfy .

in Community Creations

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m sorry, I’ve never heard of Noxxic before. Will we be missing something important now that their GW2 section is gone?

in Community Creations

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve used Noxxic for WoW builds, but I couldn’t fathom why they attempted to create guides for GW2 builds. Anet has always been good as shaking up their skills pretty regularly. Builds become outdated and potentially unusable after a mere matter of months. Always requiring at least a minor update to validate the use of a build. It was the same in GW1, where they constantly rebalanced skills. PvX wiki (GW1) was a nightmare of outdated and no longer viable builds. The same has happened here a couple of times already. People just get tired of updating all the time.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Community Creations

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Noxxic has terrible builds anyway and is incredibly lazy with how it slaps them together.