Losing Interest :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: deltasniper.1659

deltasniper.1659

I am trying to enjoy this game, i have 3 80s thief, warrior, and mesmer, i bought the game for WvW but i find myself day after day forcing myself to enjoy the game – i dont play it to much “howd i get 3 80s then if you dont play much! – i crafted 2 of them up..”

Any suggestions? I am not looking for a quickfix such as Halloween, starting to think this game is not for me : /

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Only you can answer the question of ‘Is the game for you’.
200hrs in and I am just beginning to appreciate how epic the game is and having trouble finding the time to pvp and www, which I love.

I think the beauty of the game lies in the no subscription and its constant development. Take a break, come back for Halloween, take another break and come back when you feel like it.
There is no pressure in the game

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Posted by: deltasniper.1659

deltasniper.1659

I see your meaning with a break, but atm for medical reasons im at home alot, so i have alot of time to kill : / looking for something to hold me over.

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Dynamic Events, especially some of the Meta Events, which can lose if you dont have the players.
My personal fav – Malchors Leap: Citadel of Eternal Radiance. Off peak
With a handful of people, you can greater appreciate the events design, and combat and the need for speed is far better for immersion

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

im loving wvw. 3 80’s? u need a break. and stop posting about leaving/quitting. no1 cares you’ll just get flamed.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

Guild Wars 2 is like fine wine; when you first open it up, you shouldn’t immediately start chugging. You gotta let it breathe and savor it over time. This isnt the boxed wine swill you’re used to getting from other MMO’s, where the only option is to chug it just to get past the horrible taste. Both wines will get you just as drunk, but they have to be approached and enjoyed differently. If GW2 is too rich for your tastes, I’m sure Pandacraft would love to sell you its boxed wine swill for $15 every month. Cheers.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Change your perspective of the game, don’t expect the game to change you. My best suggestion to anyone new to Guild Wars 2, is to try your best to get lost in the world. Don’t just skip past NPCs after you’ve completed a quest, but take your time to just hang around, talk to all the NPCs in the area, and try to see if there are any secret locations there. People tend to forget that, even when it comes to MMOs, a big part of what makes games fun are the stories that they give you. You would never play a single player RPG without getting lost in the story, so play Guild Wars 2 with that same approach.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

No clue why people are rushing to 80.

Also no clue as to why they feel there’s nothing to do once there get there. You crafted your way to 80? Why not go out in the world and experience the game now?

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Guild Wars 2 is like fine wine; when you first open it up, you shouldn’t immediately start chugging. You gotta let it breathe and savor it over time. This isnt the boxed wine swill you’re used to getting from other MMO’s, where the only option is to chug it just to get past the horrible taste. Both wines will get you just as drunk, but they have to be approached and enjoyed differently. If GW2 is too rich for your tastes, I’m sure Pandacraft would love to sell you its boxed wine swill for $15 every month. Cheers.

Perfect analogy right there.

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

I am trying to enjoy this game, i have 3 80s thief, warrior, and mesmer, i bought the game for WvW but i find myself day after day forcing myself to enjoy the game – i dont play it to much “howd i get 3 80s then if you dont play much! – i crafted 2 of them up..”

Any suggestions? I am not looking for a quickfix such as Halloween, starting to think this game is not for me : /

I would delete the two characters you crafted to level 80 and then recreate and level them through the content you missed on your main.

I’m intending to level my alts through the areas my main didn’t do, before exploring the whole map on my main, so that the new areas remain fresh – i.e. the most fun way to do the content is at the level for which it is designed (actually play a few levels below content level to get more challenge).

The other thing – never use boosters, magic find or any consumable that is intended to speed things up.

In general, I think GW2 is best played a bit like a single player game – if you forget the crazy idea that PvE is some kind kind of competition with other players to obtain gear then you will see the gameplay in a whole new light.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Like others said only you can see what you enjoy doing. Personally I have been trying to start playing an alt for quite a while but I never get around to it because there is so much I want to do with my main. I’ve now set my sights on some named weapons. not legendary weapons just named exotics (more or less somewhere in the middle of the two) there are 2 I want to get. one is a only a matter of farming / getting enough money to buy the materials (about 35g – 38g) the other one is a total mystery dont know where to begin, no one knows anything tangible about which means lots of exploration, looking for hints and such.

None of this might be something you enjoy doing though !

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

Not to worry, many people feel the same as you such as myself, I personally haven’t logged in for 3 weeks now and it was the best thing I and the people I played with could have done. There’s alot of other enjoyable multiplayer based games you can play – which is where this games end game focuses on (WvW etc) but fails miserably. There’s many problems with this game, yet they haven’t updated anything for a short while now due to focusing on some extra poor content designed around spending money on the Black Lion Trading Post.

Have fun now whatever you decide to do! Also, be careful talking about your opinion on these forums. If it’s not in favour of this game, you’ll be suspended. I’ve been suspended 3 times totalling 12ish days now for simply sharing my opinion on this game, and given no reasoning behind it. Should focus less time on these forums and more time on the game thus eliminating that problem altogether. Thanks!

You havent logt in for 3 weeks and yet you feel the need to still be active on this forum.. What’s keeping you ..

Posted by: Gilandred.9870

Gilandred.9870

You havent logt in for 3 weeks and yet you feel the need to still be active on this forum.. What’s keeping you ..

Have you ever heard the saying “misery loves company?” Well, that’s your answer:)

Posted by: Gilandred.9870

Gilandred.9870

Trying to share my knowledge and advise people so they don’t make the same mistakes that I and many others did.

That’s illogical. If you are responding to a poster, they have paid for the game, so mistake or not, they have already made it.

Posted by: Flavvor.2648

Flavvor.2648

Sounds like you got burned out from to much GW2. Take some time off from playing. Play some other games then come back and enjoy GW2.

I took a couple days off from playing and the game is even better then it was before.

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

I seen many people like the topic starter.
GW2 needs a better end-game content to sustain players. In any mmos, solid end-game is very vital to keep players feel anticipated and continue playing. GW2 doesn’t have gear progression or elements that make players feel special than other players. The game structure emphasized on equality and balance between players too much that no one desire to compete with each other anymore. In a traditional mmo end-game, a player feels rewarded only when he get better gears stats and feel progressed higher than other average players. Players compete for stats in gears farmed from guild raids. When there’s no competition, people will lose motivations.

I love this game but I find myself trying hard to motivate myself too. Since gw2 doesn’t have the traditional mmo end-game, I hope gw2 invent something that helps in players end-game. Something which the endgame-players can compete with each other. When there’s something to compete, that’s when players feel motivated to play. This comes from a player from played many mmos before.

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Naoko, you obviously want a hamster tread mill game with the carrot at the end of the stick. The endless gear grind game that is Panda Craft….

It’s all good man, GW2 not for everyone.

Posted by: Dware.4259

Dware.4259

People that are all happy about Gw2’s lack of content are the anti-social soloers who wander around clicking <F> on vistas.

The rest of us simply want something are time to do after 80, GW2 isnt the only game around ya know..

Posted by: flyinpoons.6481

flyinpoons.6481

People that are all happy about Gw2’s lack of content are the anti-social soloers who wander around clicking <F> on vistas.

The rest of us simply want something are time to do after 80, GW2 isnt the only game around ya know..

LOL I love how they tell us we are playing wrong.

Posted by: diabluz.2860

diabluz.2860

If GW2 isn’t the only game around then why don’t you just go play one of those other games? You paid 60 bucks for this game and if you got a toon to 80 and got 100 percent completion and your fill of WvW then I’d say you more than got 60 bucks worth of entertainment out of this game.

Posted by: Dware.4259

Dware.4259

Why would i go around for 100% map completion, that sounds incredibly stupid and boring to me.

I bought Gw2 to PvP/WvW.

I wander around and do silly solo stuff in Skyrim.

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

im loving wvw. 3 80’s? u need a break. and stop posting about leaving/quitting. no1 cares you’ll just get flamed.

You should probably read the post before responding like this.

It really makes you look bad.

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Dware.4259

Why would i go around for 100% map completion, that sounds incredibly stupid and boring to me.

I bought Gw2 to PvP/WvW.

Then do PvP/WvWvW?
I mean, it’s not like you can complete a PvP quest and then can’t PvP again.

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Hey Deltasniper,

Burnout happens to all of us. Honestly, if you’ve got three 80’s and you feel like you’ve done most of what this game has to offer, I’d recommend taking a break. If you have a lot of time to kill due to medical reasons (I was out for surgery about six weeks back, so I know the feeling), there are a lot of other ways you could spend your time. Other games to play, other activities to keep you occupied.

Taking breaks are good. Once the novelty of a game wears off, it’s natural that our interest in it tends to plateau, if not decline. Since GW2 has absolutely no monthly fee and no tiered gear that leaves you falling behind over time, you don’t lose anything at all by stepping away from the game for a while.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Naoko, you obviously want a hamster tread mill game with the carrot at the end of the stick. The endless gear grind game that is Panda Craft….

It’s all good man, GW2 not for everyone.

IMO, gw2 end-game feels like a hamster tread mill with no carrots at the end.
Having a carrot at the end is better than having no carrots.
If not, how is the treadmill going to run?

Panda craft isn’t the only mmo that uses gear grinding. Every mmo except gw2 has some elements of gear grinding because they know they need players to feel constantly evolve. MMO isn’t just about evolving the game. It’s also about evolving the players constantly. So I don’t know whether it was a wise choice to disregard end-game. I feel that it’s an important element that shouldn’t be disregarded in any mmo. Unless they came up with an idea that’s much better than gear grinding and faction war/raids, I don’t know how players are going to feel motivated in the long run.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

385 Hours over 55 days, still loving it still having a blast! (Even without raids!) :P

Now only if ArenaNet would tell the truth to the Crossfire nerf, and put it back!! :P

My carrot was Raids, well now my carrot has changed, now it’s a number of things that I like to do! I used to raid 8-12 hours a week. Not really a loss.
I can make up those hours in dungeons, WvWvW, crafting, alts, exploring, getting mats for my legendary and still hanging with friends!

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I’ve recently stopped for several days now. I’m burned out on the game, but it’s not the game’s fault. I’ve been playing since BWE1 and Stress Tests.. I’ll be back for the Halloween Event though, since that looks amazing and fun.

Posted by: HEHO.2109

HEHO.2109

Plain and simple = there is nothing to keep you doing it . The gear difference in other games is what kept you going . b4 you start calling me WOWfanboy i never played WOW ( just to make that clear ) but i ve played other MMORPG’s. Thats the only way we know how to play a game : get max lvl > farm > pwn n00bs .