Losing interest? Try this!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Here is my list for staying interested.

1. Play less

Some of you guys seem to be putting in an unhealthy amount time on the game. Call it burn out, or whatever, but there is only so long you can do a task before it gets boring. There is a reason factory work sucks. Whether the game is WoW, Arkham City, GW2, or Mega Man 2, if you find yourself in the game doing things like jumping on top of the Jewelry station, killing rabbits, or staring at our crafting station, then take a break.

2. Socialize more

So many posts on here are about how no one is around. Why not create social events where you can meet others feeling the same? Start a dance parry, or a farming party. Try some role playing, or geez, even try creating an intake dating service.

The point is that this is an MMO with thousands of other players. Running around farming onions is a lot more boring than talking to people. Meet in a pub in the game and have some conversation. Sitting in map chat alone isn’t really that social.

3. Help new players

You what the game to succeed, then go find new players and help them avoid some of the pitfalls you have. Help them it’s vistas, POI, or help them farm. Perhaps help them by making them some cool new Armour, or showing them not to craft.

If new players are made to feel welcome, they’ll only help improve the game. Running around alone in silence is a lonely experience.

4. Gather data

If you’re going to come on here and complain about he game without end, why not do something to improve it? When you run into bugs, or issues, document them. If the respawn rates are too high, make some documentation with creek caps. If you’re seeing diminished returns, spend a day or two showing why this is the case using proper evidence.

Then, compile that data into something useful and post it on here. I’m sure Anne would love having this kind of data available.

The point is, if you want to continue playing the game, then start thinking of ways to make it fun. Sitting on here complaining that ANet isn’t patching it to your liking and fast enough really isn’t all that productive.

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

My guild and I have decided to take your first bit of advice. Though we took it over a week ago. We now play less. A lot less. Actually, just not at all. Just scan the boards looking for some miraculous change.

I think I’ll leave it on my desktop but I don’t expect much as this game obviously wasn’t made for me and my ilk (Progression-based players). Oh well, there are things worse than Pandas.

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

And kitten stop grinding…

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I actually get a special pleasure from killing krayt and dredge, so “grinding” them is enjoyable. Krayt summon, bleed, have AoE poison, pullback, and knockbacks and so need to be enjoyably culled.

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

1. I am playing less (Torchlight 2 is funner atm)

2. No one to socialize with because everybody already quit.

3. See #2

4. I didn’t pay to beta test a game.

Posted by: wookie slayer.4259

wookie slayer.4259

Yes, I don’t pvp, I don’t care to invest 200 hrs of a legendary, ran all the dungeons for the gear skins I wanted (which was boring and should not have done) , and dont care to do any more dungeons as they are easy and boring, and annoyingly time consuming. I leveled by crafting which is useless in a non-stat driven game. And I have got 70% map completion and going and doing hearts is a great way to elevel but not fun enough to do otherwise.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

is it because there is no content? or is it because gameplay is lacking fun ?

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

^^ To Avatar. It’s pretty much a bit from each of the things you said.

Posted by: Furian.5768

Furian.5768

I am bored as well, and the guys I started with are apparently bored too. While i do find the combat experience fun (especially the sounds as thief), the game seems to lack the cool milestones associated with past games…. max level, neat items, etc. This may be by design, but I think it is a flawed design. If you take away the fun part about maxing your level, then what point is there to being max level, other than the legendary grind? I hit 80 with my ranger and I have not touch her since… I ran one dungeon, of which I found myself waiting for it to be over.

There really just doesn’t seem to be anything to do, other than finish maps and level….and I can’t seem to bring myself to have any fun on the pvp maps.

Posted by: No Leaf Clover.4893

No Leaf Clover.4893

3. See #2

Ha ha, actually Torchlight 2 is my “I’m disappointed by GW2” therapy.
And 4. hell yes, it’s a shame the state things are in. Take each sticky on the class forums about class bugs, and.. well, play Torchlight 2.

Posted by: wookie slayer.4259

wookie slayer.4259

Ya im done with the game until new content rolls out or a dungeon revamp, I feel as though I beat the MMO. Hopefully new content will keep me and people like me busy for a while because i really want to keep enjoying the game

Posted by: No Leaf Clover.4893

No Leaf Clover.4893

Ya im done with the game until new content rolls out or a dungeon revamp, I feel as though I beat the MMO. Hopefully new content will keep me and people like me busy for a while because i really want to keep enjoying the game

it’s the thing, this game enjoys a huge sympathy capital from players, even the ones who gave up playing are still here, trying to make their voices count so they can enjoy it again.
But it won’t last forever. I hope Anet will be reactive.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I think your first choice is becoming the most popular, sadly.

Posted by: ReMix.4321

ReMix.4321

I think your first choice is becoming the most popular, sadly.

i agree whit you …. sadly players quit they want new content in game " LOOL " I think most stay in Lions arch doing nothing instead of going to ORR farming or something else loool… whatever iam going just to enjoy the game

RemixBreaker-GH
[MM]Midnight Mayhem

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

The fact that topics like this even exist, much less make up a significant portion of the posts on this forum, really only reinforces the fact that this game’s lacking in content…

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

“…this game obviously wasn’t made for me and my ilk (Progression-based players)…”

I agree. This is why we have choices – do you prefer jeans and t-shirt or slacks and a button-down shirt? Or a suit? You don’t walk into a high-end menswear store and rant because they don’t sell jeans and rock band t-shirts. You go to another store instead.

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

3. See #2

1. And that’s totally valid. Playing less isn’t a bad thing. Forcing yourself to play one game, all the time, simply makes no sense. I have many other games in my computer, as well as real world hobbies that I participate in. If something seems more fun, then that’s great.

The trick is to not automatically assume that just because other things are enjoyable, that it means this game is not.

2. This is simply an excuse not to try. There are many players on this forum, and in the game still. I was standing in Lions Arch just last night and there were lots of people there. Saying, “everybody quit” is nothing more than exaggeration.

3. See #2

4. It’s not so much beta testing as it is supporting a project you enjoy. If your goal is to play through games, good or bad and move on, that is a totally valid position. If your goal is to see this, or any other game be as successful as possible, then take the time to support it in any way you can.

Posted by: Apos.5184

Apos.5184

At #1. So you defenders of the game thought that we should play the same way that you do and stop farming so that DR are justified. Now you plan on dictating the amount of time given into the game as well?

Want us to log on on a specific time as well maybe? Is there no end to how much you want to restrict other players to play the way you see fit for a game?

(edited by Apos.5184)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

My guild and I have decided to take your first bit of advice. Though we took it over a week ago. We now play less. A lot less. Actually, just not at all. Just scan the boards looking for some miraculous change.

I think I’ll leave it on my desktop but I don’t expect much as this game obviously wasn’t made for me and my ilk (Progression-based players). Oh well, there are things worse than Pandas.

You’ve got no one to blame but yourself if you came to GW2 thinking it was a progression based game. 2 minutes of research about the game would have told you as much.

Posted by: the uprising.6317

the uprising.6317

Meh I barely ever play and I find the game really boring, I’m not sure why, I play the game like yall say I should, I don’t rush to level, and play essentially like skyrim enjoying the content. Well the content sucks kitten I can see why ppl are rushing through it. I would believe you, aggravated townsperson, that this event is happening if “world shattering” if I hadn’t seen it happen 10 times in the past hour. If I can really do content I want, why don’t I get rewards for doing things in a zone after the heart is complete? These guys still have serious problems. Why bother having DE’s if you make them impossible to fail unless literally no one is there to do them?

I think the main problem is that PvE is SUPPOSED to be a joke and a lot of ppl don’t realize this. The fastest way to get loot and level up in this game is to be in a group of like 5-10 ppl depending on the area, and go around chasing DE’s and clearing hearts. You’ll RUN through it easy b/c you are getting the same rewards you would have if you did all of that solo, except you’ll do it at 20x the speed. This would seem like a huge balance problem if PvE was meant to be taken seriously, but it isn’t. The only part of PvE that takes any sort of mental energy is dungeons, and the rewards from these dungeons, justifiably so, can only be attained via dungeons themselves.

So the main part of this game is PvP, but the main problem is PvP didn’t have much attention payed to it, which I guess it makes sense since PvP is the endgame of Gw2, and Gw2, like other mmo’s, doesn’t have a completely fully fledged endgame at launch, b/c they don’t have to. But I worry about GW2 as a whole b/c I think they are aiming almost solely for the casual gamer. It almost discourages any sort of hardcore play in all ways possible. Why is there no reward for being one of the top rated servers in the game in WvW? Why is there reward degradation for farming?

But even if you play this game casually its boring so I don’t know what the hell these guys were going for. There is a HUGE amount of content in this game, but a lot of it is boringly written and ALL of it is super easy, so much so its not even rewarding playing through it. /rant over

(edited by the uprising.6317)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah.. take a week break from guild wars 2, or may be 2 weeks .. come back after that…. you’ll regain the spirit to play it….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Maconi.2408

Maconi.2408

Me and everyone else I know have went with 1.

The game has no staying power. It was fun for a little while, but that wore off fast. Even if the game was actually working 100% properly (which it should after all the “reiteration” they did on the game) it’s still lacking. I’m extremely disappointed, I’ve been looking forward to GW2 for years.

And to everyone saying “take a break and come back, it’ll be more fun”: Honestly the longer I stay away, the easier it is to stay away. I’m feeling less and less of an urge to play.

I’m assuming ArenaNet is hoping to bring people back with events/content patches (like Halloween). I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see. If the content/quality of that sucks, it’ll be the final nail in the coffin IMO.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Strange. I’ve been playing since head start, my server is full and I’m part of a huge active guild.

But not every game is going to be for every person which is why there are so many games out there. Play whatever you want.

Posted by: Noxu.7203

Noxu.7203

Pretty much what Rpgtabbycat said.

The only problem with people nowadays is that, they expect the game to change just for them—and they expect to change everything within a week.

Me and everyone else I know, have been enjoying the game IMMENSELY. We haven’t rushed the content, and we’ve all been enjoying it as much as possible. This game has great staying power, and will last the majority of players a long, long time.

Well done, ArenaNet.

Posted by: MaxTwelve.4725

MaxTwelve.4725

Having a ton of pve, wvw fun. I see no shortage of players on JQ and I hope all of you off to the next game aready have fun there. It is all about the fun anyway.

I have an active life besides gaming so still just about to hit 80 this week.

Member of Acolytes Gaming Community
Http://www.acolytescommunity.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/AcolytesCommunity

Posted by: Maximilious.6054

Maximilious.6054

I just log in so people see my tier 3 armor and commander title, as I watch shows on my computer…

notin else to do at 80… I could just keep WvWing but farming those badges aint fun when your server not doing so good.

Posted by: Apos.5184

Apos.5184

I just log in so people see my tier 3 armor and commander title, as I watch shows on my computer…

notin else to do at 80… I could just keep WvWing but farming those badges aint fun when your server not doing so good.

Not to mention that after 30-50 minutes the system considers you a bot and will stop giving you badges as well, right?

Posted by: Maximilious.6054

Maximilious.6054

Does the anti bot also work on WvW? that’s be kitteny since I have done WvW for like 4 hours a day… WOW.

Posted by: jiverooster.7134

jiverooster.7134

i figured out your point #1 advice weeks ago and just stopped playing, its been working out great

Posted by: Temper.7265

Temper.7265

lol,if I played any less,then I may as well uninstall.

Originally I purchased GW2 to party up and have fun with other players,what I got was mostly a internet connection required singleplayer game,even while being a member of a long standing multi-national gaming Clan,on a server that is populated as full with other palyers my time zone (AUS).

Go figure ?

Not blaming the game or the developers mind you,just noting my experience.

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

People come, people go.
Expansion in 6 months mkaay.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

I was just in the game and I decided to head over to Kessex Hills to see how the new bridge event held up with the new patch. It’s still too easy, but at least the catapults have cleared out the bots.

Anyway, I wanted to see what happened when the bridge was rebuilt, so I put out a call for people to come stand around and scale the event to prevent it from succeeding. No less than 40 people showed up (I have a screenshot).

I then went to Lions Arch and there were about 10 – 15 at each crafting station, and a bunch at the Trading Post.

I realize these are anecdotes, but the game is far from empty from what I can see. What is actually more typical is everyone choosing to play it as a single player game. Not many people communicate, or chat at each other. When two or more people join up for an event, no one speaks.

I think that is why the game feels like a single player game to some. People need to make more of an effort to be nice, and social.

For example. Earlier today when in Kessex. I asked if anyone needed help with anything. Within seconds I had a few people asking if I knew how to get a certain POI. I told them to meet me, and I walked along with them, chatting, fighting. I showed them where it was, they thanked me, and we went on our way. Also, I commented on someones cool outfit and she and I chatted for about 5 minutes.

People are in the game, they’re playing. Perhaps give it another chance and attempt to be more social.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Playing less is never a good alternative for an MMO, unless you were addicted playing all day every day in the first place. An MMO should be able to be played 4-6 hours a day and hold your interest if you ask me. I, at the very least put 2 hours a day into GW1 for 5 years straight, ok maybe not every day but most. I always had it even on my laptop so I could play when I wasn’t home.

Speedclears and, when implemented, dailies kept people logging in to play and do VQ.

This game needs a lot more daily content. In WoW I usually ran some heroics on 2 characters then did some bgs, maybe tol barad then the raid that followed a victory. GW2 needs more rewarding, every day content that will keep people logging in over time.

The sooner ANet realizes this the better, and the more popular this game will get. “fun” only gets you so far, like it or not this is an MMO and needs the MMO aspects, and believe it or not people DO enjoy this stuff.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

i tried 1 and i must say it works great.
Think i wil keep it at 1 for the comming months 8-)

Probably going to play baldurs gate ee when i comes out in a month.

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Great suggestions!

I like many others hit 80 ages ago and am still not bored, currently pre-occupied with WvW, having mad fun when with friends, but there’s tonnes of other stuff to get occupied with (note I’m not even remotely interested in Legendary’s and farming for aesthetic armors)

Posted by: ounkeo.9138

ounkeo.9138

There is an event in Orr where you have to spend about 30 minutes in a stationary kill fest. All you do is stand around the NPC killing wave after wave of mobs until you get credit and the NPC thanks you.

10 minutes into it, DR has already hit. Sorry to burst your bubble but the game was designed to be played exactly the way you don’t want us to play it.

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

There is an event in Orr where you have to spend about 30 minutes in a stationary kill fest. All you do is stand around the NPC killing wave after wave of mobs until you get credit and the NPC thanks you.

10 minutes into it, DR has already hit. Sorry to burst your bubble but the game was designed to be played exactly the way you don’t want us to play it.

Something definitely sounds wrong here; design flaw much? :/ I hope they are working on addressing this. I know they’ve been doing a bit with dungeon DR but one of the biggest complaints I’ve been noticing popping up all over the place is the DR system.

It’s a bit messed up IMO, since it doesn’t even seem to be hurting the gold spammers all that much.

Anyways, /ontopic:
I’ve stayed interested by playing less (which is good, I was playing way too much during the first week), as well as taking in the scenery and the lore, and treating the game more like an actual RPG with MMO aspects rather than a generic run-of-the-mill carrot-chasing MMORPG. The latter helps a ton.

(edited by TimeBomb.3427)

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

I agree fully on all these parts.

Especially part 1, some people where 80 in 3 days 0,o. I still cant wrap my head around it… And then they complain the game isnt fun. Poor bunny’s

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

this game obviously wasn’t made for me and my ilk (Progression-based players). Oh well, there are things worse than Pandas.

Yup, you’re right. This game was made for people like me.

When I first put on my orange crafted armor and weapons bought at the trading-post, the feeling I got was not “now that I’m max level and max stat, there’s nothing left to do” it was “now that I’m max level and max stat, I’m free to do whatever I feel like and don’t have to worry about rewards.”

This game was meant for me. I don’t care about rewards, I care about how much fun an activity I engage in is for me. Loot just happens. The only reason I wanted full orange was so I knew that everything the game has to offer, I can partake in. And so I help out friends, do jumping puzzles, farm in Orr or go to dungeons whenever I feel like it. And I know that three months from now, ArenaNet will not bring in stuff that my friends will want to do and that I can’t do myself because of gear. I love this game.

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

this game obviously wasn’t made for me and my ilk (Progression-based players). Oh well, there are things worse than Pandas.

Yup, you’re right. This game was made for people like me.

When I first put on my orange crafted armor and weapons bought at the trading-post, the feeling I got was not “now that I’m max level and max stat, there’s nothing left to do” it was “now that I’m max level and max stat, I’m free to do whatever I feel like and don’t have to worry about rewards.”

This game was meant for me. I don’t care about rewards, I care about how much fun an activity I engage in is for me. Loot just happens. The only reason I wanted full orange was so I knew that everything the game has to offer, I can partake in. And so I help out friends, do jumping puzzles, farm in Orr or go to dungeons whenever I feel like it. And I know that three months from now, ArenaNet will not bring in stuff that my friends will want to do and that I can’t do myself because of gear. I love this game.

I was going to post, but this guy said it for me. Thanks!

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Argh…I just read the first post again. Sorry for the spelling and grammar. I should never, and I mean never, write stuff on the iPad when I just get up. The combination of those two things apparently makes me sound like a total moron.

Playing less is never a good alternative for an MMO, unless you were addicted playing all day every day in the first place. An MMO should be able to be played 4-6 hours a day and hold your interest if you ask me.

4-6 hours a day is a lot of time. At maximum that’s like 40 hours a week. That’s another full time job! For most people, that’s not even possible, or advisable.

Of course, I’m not here to tell you what to do with your time, but as I said in my first post, if you’re spending that many hours on anything, above and beyond your normal life (work, relationships, hobbies, school, sleep, etc), then it’s not surprising that you feel you’re running out of things to do.

My girlfriend and I spend about 1 – 3 hours every few days and the odd Weekend doing 4 – 6 hours. We’re both level 71, with 37% of the world explored. We’re still getting a lot of joy out of the game.

I think back to when I had two free weeks of WoW last year and I played that game almost 8 – 12 hours a day. I remember feeling so bored, but pressured to keep going. I felt like none of my friends were ever online, but that was because I saw them only a few times out of a huge day.

So I know how it feels. You want to enjoy the MMO so much that you play it almost non-stop. The strange thing about MMO’s is this strange desire to keep going, and going. You almost feel guilty when you’re not. I personally think much of this is simply habit forming, and so when your brain and body start fighting your desire to keep sitting there, you look for something to blame.

It’s not that the game is bad or anything. It’s just that you’ve reached a saturation point where no matter how fun the game is, it’s simply not going to feel fulfilling.

Posted by: Mastermind.3169

Mastermind.3169

As to point 4, most people do not want to be held accountable for the bugs of this game and do not bother telling anyone about them in this forum. They just follow your number 1 and stop playing.

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

As to point 4, most people do not want to be held accountable for the bugs of this game and do not bother telling anyone about them in this forum. They just follow your number 1 and stop playing.

I’m not really sure what you mean by being held accountable. I think that in a world with YouTube, free image hosting, and all that, anyone has the ability to gather evidence in support, or against something.

If the respawn rates are too high in some areas (ANet has admitted to this), then capture some video and record some detailed information. Post it on the forums and allow the community to comment on, and improve the data. This will have one of two outcomes.

1. ANet will see it, and dismiss it.
2. ANet will see it, be persuaded by it, and act on it.

This type of community feedback can only help improve the game. Sitting back and just complaining that things are broken in every direction, doesn’t really help.

I’ve seen a few posts by ANet on here stating they welcome, and encourage feedback, as long as it is constructive. Too many posts on here are just knee-jerk reactions without any real evidence to support it. Sure, you can choose to just stop playing, and that is a totally legit option, but if you want to see a game succeed, then do everything you can to improve it.

Mastermind.3169

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

… I think that in a world with YouTube, free image hosting, and all that, anyone has the ability to gather evidence in support, or against something…

It just not the way it works, the usual guy will not spend 40+ hours a week gathering evidence that a game does not work. They will simply stop playing the game if it does not work.

After that a few people that lost all there friends ingame, maybe sitting in a guild with 300 members and everyone offline at peak hours, will enter the forum and tell people they do not like that the game is broken. And then they will stop playing too. Then maybe get banned or warned by the moderators for not starting their post with “I love this game so much but…”.

Posted by: Geemo.6018

Geemo.6018

Gw2 had a lot of potential out of the gate, but lost steam really fast. Gw2 has some major flaws that are game breaking. After playing Mop for the past couple of days there is just no comparison between the 2 games. Mop is a true mmo and Gw2 is like a bad single player console game at best…

Posted by: Gothdir.8953

Gothdir.8953

Wall of Text incoming!

I lost interrest to. Started playing Lord of the Rings Online again after beeing away for a year or so.

I loved the leveling and exploring experience. It was real fun, i cant and wont deny that!
But the game has major flaws when you reach 80. I have 99% completition with my Warrior just so you know that I realy invested time for exploring.

Why Im bored is that you dont get rewards for aynthing besides explorer dungeons. Karma is basicly a useless currency, i never used even one Karma point to buy something. Once you have exotic gear with stats you like there is only one option, doing stuff for cosmetic purpose. Wich is fine, but why is the game making it so hard for me to change my appearance?

This is one major flaw wich makes me stop farming stuff for cosmetics. You cant easily switch between Armor sets with different look, no you loose one look if you decide to change. Wich, sorry to be so bold, idiot had such a terrible idea when “endgame” is all about cosmetic stuff?

There is no wardrobe, no cosmetic equipment slots just those super kitteny Transform stones, wich destroy the original look. For a game wich focuses so hard on cosmetic stuff it surely doesnt have a lot of tools play with.

Another thing wich made me loose interest are those terrible dungeons…super boring bosses with standart mechanics. Trash that is way stronger then bosses, having a HUGE health pool, taking forever to be killed. I played all dungeons once and i dont want to play them again.

The dynamic events can be fun at times but they are repeative and dont give any reward, no matter wich event you played. Karma (as i said useless), exp you dont need anymore, and 1,5s wich isnt even one port.

Some events give you a treasuretrove wich contain useless stuff . Green and blue stuff everyone just sells or destroy. Why even bother adding a trove?

I like PvP but 4 battlegrounds arent enough for me to play all the time, they are pretty basic stuff, no special mechanics involved.

WvW can be fun to but first you allways need to run when you die(mounts or a good speedbuff would be a good thing) and you have repair costs and you have to buy Siege weapons for G too wich makes it a pretty expensive mode to play. You might now say that you can buy Siege weapons with Badges, wich drop random and dont get added to a wallet (like Karma), no they spawn in small little bags you have to loot, i think most of the time i dont even see them.

WvW badges need a complete overhaul. Make them a currency, remove Karma from WvW and instead reward WvW events with Badges that way it might make more fun.

Just my 2 coppers. Nothing that cant be fixed so Ill wait a bit for content patches and then come back and see if it is better.

Khazâd ai-mênu!

Posted by: Snuff.4172

Snuff.4172

I love RvR / WvWvW so this game is endless fun for me. I hate gear grinds…. WoW is the master of carrot on a stick and plenty of people love that, if that is you this game isn’t for you.

I like the idea of getting “fluff” for effort, give me cool skins to go for so my toon looks awesome but not items that are almost impossible to get and then give a completely crazy advantage in pvp.

Thats the thing many people don’t get and/or don’t like, this is a PvP game so you have to keep gear in check to let skill be the main reason for winning.

Snuffeh – 80 Thief
http://youtu.be/YdBrhUNcbkM

Mastermind.3169

Gothdir.8953

…Why Im bored is that you dont get rewards for aynthing besides explorer dungeons…

I cant even do explorer dungeons because my character do not get completes from storymode. =)

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

@Crazy

I’m really not sure what to say bro.. it’s like you took your point of view and imagined that somehow that’s exactly how I think and feel… lolwrong.

@Geemo

I agree, GW2 isn’t a true MMO, I remember when things actually took time to complete. GW2 is fun, don’t get me wrong. But you can complete and experience everything in the game in a matter of weeks, not to mention you don’t really get rewarded for any of it other than the experience itself. The rewards are just horrid, and so are drop rates for crafting materials which is worse than I’ve ever seen in any game.

For those of us that have played MMO’s for years already, that is just not enough. There needs to be more things to do every day, I don’t know how ANet will implement this but I’ll tell you right now if they don’t, this game fails to that audience.

I will just go back to WoW because surprisingly Blizzard is getting smarter in terms of pvp balance and pve content in MoP, I just need to learn to ignore the incredibly idiotic theme of pandaland. GW2 has even worse balance than WoW does, and that’s a total joke. It really is. And in GW2, you even get globaled by pve monsters…. wat??? Good thing we have aggro management and .. owait.

I understand they wanted to appeal to both GW and WoW audiences and even people who have never played MMO’s before but it’s a total flop. This game is like a mix between a single player RPG with bad story and a half-assed MMO without all the MMO elements other than massive multiplayer.

I would have preferred a GW1 reskin, not this dumbed down World of Guildwarscraft. It’s almost like ANet and Blizzard switched places during the development of GW2 and MoP… everything is kitten backwards.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

Too many of you came to GW2 with too lofty an expectation of what it would deliver, an over-awed anticipation that could never be reasonably satisfied. But then you know that, you’ve done it before right?

It’s not been designed to be stuck to like glue and if you approach it in the same way you do a subscription based game that is intent on having you wriggling on a hook forever you will inevitably hit some inherent limitations. But then GW1 was the same in that regard, and those of you who played that game from it’s beginning and aren’t looking with rose-tinted goggles will recall many of the complaints being aimed at this game were also said of it’s predecessor.

Didn’t do GW1 any harm, it co-existed quite happily with the overwhelming market leader while nearly all other attempts to introduce a AAA subbed MMO fell flat. And when all you doom and gloomers have moved on, GW2 will still be doing fine. Because the people who made it know what they’re doing and who they’re appealing to.

They sold a lot of boxes to the serial MMO boxcar jumpers and why not, it’s easy money, you guys will buy anything as long as it looks like it might be the next big thing. But you’re not their core audience, you’re just the suckers it roped in with some well paced hype – you’re collateral.