Lost Genesis in Server D/C

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

Logged in just in time for Teq. Killed him. Got loot. Went to Maw. Killed him. Genesis dropped. Shouted hurray! D/C’d. Logged back in. Genesis gone. FML.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m not sure what a Genesis is, (other than a Phil Collins band) but I’m guessing this is a real bit of bad luck.

Perhaps try to submit a ticket about it? Maybe they can detect you had it dropped for you recently and it can be re-inbursed. But it is only a maybe, and seems like a terrible does of bad luck.

Edit: I am really very sorry if you can’t get your drop though – as on reflection to get it re-imbursed would be difficult.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

(edited by penelopehannibal.8947)

Jarvis.9540

It’s a hammer worth just short of 100 gold. I submitted a ticket. We’ll see I suppose.

Jarvis.9540

Why is there not a place on GW2’s website to check the status of your ticket? That is kinda crappy.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Support tickets are handled by email. You should have at least received an auto response email with a ticket number. As you stated there is no way to check status online. You will have to wait for a response via email. If you do not receive a response after 3 days (72 hours) you can post in the 3 days and older sticky thread located here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-3-days-older-1/

The Burninator

Posted by: Genesis.4671

Genesis.4671

Logged in just in time for Teq. Killed him. Got loot. Went to Maw. Killed him. Genesis dropped. Shouted hurray! D/C’d. Logged back in. Genesis gone. FML.

No need to despair, I am here. Everyone can relax.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Did you make that account just so you could respond to this thread? lol

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

Look at his history, he has messages that are over 2 years old.

Edit: As for the OP, try to submit a ticket. Don’t know if they can do anything about it but it’s worth a try.

(edited by Vincent.7452)

Posted by: Genesis.4671

Genesis.4671

Did you make that account just so you could respond to this thread? lol

No, I’ve been playing since the game was in closed beta.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Wish I could serve as a witness, Jarvis. I was there when you got this drop and echoed it to chat. We (and probably everyone on the map) got DC’d a minute or two later, and when I came back in I noticed the rares I got were gone, but the pre-DC chat history was still there. Out of curiosity I checked the price on that hammer (about 93G + change), and thought if that guy lost that like I lost my generic rares, he’s going to be kittenssed.

Good luck. Dunno what the policy on that sort of thing is. A rollback implies a loss of data, so there may not be any evidence for cust serv to verify it actually happened.