Lost Shores Release: Any one time only achievements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I was curious if any of the devs could comment on whether there will be any one time only achievements attached to the event. I have plans to go to an anime convention that weekend and, if there were one time only achievements, I think it would help a lot of people like myself arrange play time between real life events.

Thanks and keep doing a great job!

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Posted by: TopBadge.3569

TopBadge.3569

I really hope not, I plan to play this event to the fullest, but one time only achievements that no new comers and people who can’t attend will never be able to get again is just silly and discourages players to go for 100% complication overall, I’m hoping Anet will smart about this and implement the “feat of strength” system that wow use to avoid this issue.

Posted by: Xx Legacy xX.4027

Xx Legacy xX.4027

I really hope not, I plan to play this event to the fullest, but one time only achievements that no new comers and people who can’t attend will never be able to get again is just silly and discourages players to go for 100% complication overall, I’m hoping Anet will smart about this and implement the “feat of strength” system that wow use to avoid this issue.

In one of the halloween event discussions, a dev commented that the intent is currently that any one time/special event achievements go specifically in the special event section of the achievement bar. Then, every time a new special event comes up, the special event section gets wiped and overwritten with the new event achievements. So you will keep the achievement points and titles you earned from special events, but the progress bars will be gone and replaced by the new ones. Thus, you will not be plagued by achievement bars you can never fill.

On a side note, are you aware that there are some infinite achievement bars that just reset when you complete them? That may get in the way if your desire is a 100% full achievement list.