Lost wardrobe opportunities?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

For instance, I should have 3 of the jade weapons, and almost all of the original super blue weapons in my wardrobe, but I lost them all because the wardrobe wasn’t out at the time, and I swapped those skins for others using the old fine xmute stones. Some of those skins I lost are now going for thousands of gold, and the chances I get to get another shot at them are slim.

Anyone else frustrated at this? Any Anet employee want to give some info on if this will ever be rectified, or if these skins will be easily attainable again?

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

I have a pending ticket on this very issue at the moment. Had saved some transmute splitters at the time to revert back but ended up leaving the game for a year and when the wardrobe got introduced, well lets just say i definitely understand your frustration.

I suggest submitting a ticket if that’s not already done :p

- BG -

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

2 sets of cultural t3 I’ve had to re-purchase because of the wardrobe. I can’t think of anything I’ve completely lost, but I do think this should have been implemented sooner.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’m just glad I kept all my nice stuff, just in case the wordrobe happened.
Still I can sympathize. Not sure how Anet would be able to implement a proper fix.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Unfortunatly I doubt that A-net have data on all of the skins each player has ever had unlocked (pre-wardrobe).

If they had, then I’m sure they would’ve expanded on this when they launched the wardrobe system.

I’ve seen similar threads for a long time, but I’ve never seen anybody have a successful resolution with CS.

Good luck!

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

For instance, I should have 3 of the jade weapons, and almost all of the original super blue weapons in my wardrobe, but I lost them all because the wardrobe wasn’t out at the time, and I swapped those skins for others using the old fine xmute stones. Some of those skins I lost are now going for thousands of gold, and the chances I get to get another shot at them are slim.

Anyone else frustrated at this? Any Anet employee want to give some info on if this will ever be rectified, or if these skins will be easily attainable again?

As a simple neutral observation, at the moment you swapped out those skins using transmutation stones, you most likely willingly forfeited that skin. A significant time later you complain that you have lost that skin.

I understand your frustration, but I feel that we all already knew that these skins would be valuable at the time they were released. I know I kept those I got around as weapons. I’m afraid there is little to no way of proving you had them at this point…

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’ve also lost skins I once had as well..
Even gemstore stuff I paid for

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is the pertinent part of the FAQ on the Wardrobe, most likely:

Please note that skins or partials skins that you previously purchased but which you no longer possess will not be unlocked on your account. The Guild Wars 2 Support Team cannot unlock skins that fall into this category.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

If you receive a different response from the CS Team, then gratz.
If not, then you know why.

Good luck.

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

Please note that skins or partials skins that you previously purchased but which you no longer possess will not be unlocked on your account. The Guild Wars 2 Support Team cannot unlock skins that fall into this category.

Good luck.

Problem is, (at least in my case) that i had made the purchase or transmutation splitters to make sure i could get the skins back. Now when i logged in months later the splitters were turned into transmutation charges, so there was no way to recover them.

I felt pretty much like Stan when he went to the banker and was told ‘’Aaaand its gone!’’

- BG -

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Good luck.

Problem is, (at least in my case) that i had made the purchase or transmutation splitters to make sure i could get the skins back. Now when i logged in months later the splitters were turned into transmutation charges, so there was no way to recover them.

I felt pretty much like Stan when he went to the banker and was told ‘’Aaaand its gone!’’

I feel for you =/
You actually bought transmutation splitters

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I actually had Teq wings that were deleted from my bank due to a bug and when I got a reply on the ticket all they said was it was against their policy to return the item. So I hope it works out for you better than it did for me.

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

My losses were shattered wings, and both mad king tomes but through mistakes or choice I deleted them. My fault, I just gotta suck it up.

I would like a blue SAB of whatever weapon Guardian is getting but it’ll never happen.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Wow, it’s has been a LONG time since I’ve seen Wardrobe QQing. Everyone who was around before that change lost something. You are no more or less important for it and you will get exactly the same thing as everyone else. Nothing and no sympathy.

I lost my SAB blue backpack, because I misunderstood how Wardrobe would interpret skins. That’s my bad, and it’s too bad for me.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Good luck.

Splitters would serve no purpose to you. The way Wardrobe conversion worked is that you got the skin of both the item whose stats were in place and the item whose skin was in placed. If there had every been any other skins the Wardrobe would not have any way to track that.

I lost my Blue Backpack because I had a back item that I had skinned with the blue backpack and then skinned again with the green backpack. The green overwrote the blue so the blue never existed. If I’d used a splitter on the backpack, assuming it worked with just skins, I’d have ended up with the green skin and the original base backpack. There would not be a blue anywhere anymore.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wow, it’s has been a LONG time since I’ve seen Wardrobe QQing. Everyone who was around before that change lost something. You are no more or less important for it and you will get exactly the same thing as everyone else. Nothing and no sympathy.

I lost my SAB blue backpack, because I misunderstood how Wardrobe would interpret skins. That’s my bad, and it’s too bad for me.

Maybe we shouldn’t assume that just because someone is posting now that it’s an old complaint or any less reasonable.

Some people haven’t returned to the game until now and not every complaint counts as QQing. It might be the case that everyone lost something, however some some individuals lost a lot more than others. I didn’t have a lot of valuable skins and the ones I did have were still on display. Other folks had full sets of cultural and order skins that they didn’t want anymore; there’s a considerable difference between my “loss” and theirs.

For the OP: the only thing you can do is to contact support, point out that you paid gems for a tool that didn’t work as you expected, because you weren’t around after the wardrobe was announced in time to act. They might be able to offer you some sort of help, even if they can’t unlock all or even some of the skins for your account.

Good luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”