Lots of complaints about Anet being greedy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

It doesn’t make sense, how is the game suppose to be funded?

If the game was absolutely free, we would have no content or very very little. People would complain.

If the game had a sub people would complain that there are f2p games out there and paying $15 per month isn’t justified.

With Anet relying on the gemshop for income, people complain that they are greedy.

Something must give. In everyone’s honest opinion how do you expect a company to hire workers to deliver quality content if they aren’t having some sort of income??

I honestly don’t get it.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Unfortunately that’s the Internet for you. People think they’re entitled to everything and that they’re always right. For some reason logic goes out the window. Also people are generally going to be more vocal if they are displeased about something rather than if they’re satisfied.

Although 99% of posts here are negative/flame wars it doesn’t represent the overall population. I doubt the 990k+ likes on Facebook were 980k angry customers. I for one am more than happy with the game and have no issues spending $10-15 a month in the gem store.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

OP be trolling yo.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

The people crying on the forums are such a small percentage of the players. Most players are playing the game or just browsing the forums. Not spending all day complaining.

Posted by: XcmGT.3847

XcmGT.3847

OP be trolling yo.

Are you sure gangsta? Does he have street cred yo yo?

Honestly, individuals will complain about anything they can, just read the forums for five minutes and you will see a large amount of this.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Gambling in any way is the direct result of greed on part of both the house and the player. If they didn’t have RNG cash shop items, with the odds of winning dishonestly hidden no less, neither I nor anyone else would have any accusation to make.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Gambling in any way is the direct result of greed on part of both the house and the player. If they didn’t have RNG cash shop items, with the odds of winning dishonestly hidden no less, neither I nor anyone else would have any accusation to make.

Amen.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Are people just complaining their prices are too high?

Microtransactions should be micro in amount. I’m not going to spend $10 on an armor skin. Especially when I only want one piece of the skin. But if the armor suit was $2.00 or I could buy each piece for $0.75? I’d probably have nearly everything offered.

Look at Steam… when they list prices at market value they don’t sell anything. But they make enormous profits on their holiday events. Same with TF2. You’d think no one would buy those silly hats and weapon skins. At ANet prices they’d be right. But at $1? I have every item for the Heavy.

Prices are too high and the discounts are few and far between. I’m sure they make money… they’d probably make tons more if they were cheaper.

data.4093

OP be trolling yo.

Are you sure gangsta? Does he have street cred yo yo?

Honestly, individuals will complain about anything they can, just read the forums for five minutes and you will see a large amount of this.

OP is gangsta troll. He got promoted to street alley from the bridge. Now he uses dat why-fie to global troll yo.

Either way the thread isn’t going to be constructive to Anet.

Posted by: Kami Poi.4659

Kami Poi.4659

of all of the ways to make money the way Guild Wars has done it both in the past and present are my favorite.

other games in this category have turned to pay to win(Star Trek Online) or have a monthly fee that frankly may be fair but is out of my budget range.(Eve Online)
they may be great games but with a tight budget and a more sophisticated taste this is a great median.

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

lol, since when do the gem store profits go to improve GW2 and not one of NC Soft’s other crappy MMOs?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Here’s a complaint.

People think ANet is behaving greedily when they feel that ANet is trying to extract more money from them than what they are being offered is worth.

For example, driving up the price of a skin by locking it behind an RNG box, or alternatively (and rarely), charging $6 for a single use weapon skin.

If the skins unlocked for unlimited use that would be different.

For example, I could see (theoretically) buying different skin sets for use on the various holidays and seasons. But for a 1 use skin, maybe (maybe) a dollar, tops.

Because, to me, a single use skin has to be soo little that I don’t even think about. I don’t know about most players, but I always consider before I spend $5-10 dollars.

Also, since this game is premised on the model that the few are supporting the game for the many, I think the few should get more non-game changing perks than they do. (like unlimited use skins)

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

We talking about the black lion chests and scraps? If so, I would just pay for the skins with gems.

I don’t think they are being greedy, just would rather they offer the skins through direct gem purchase without relying on RNG.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

It’s the gambling and rng in the gem store that people are complaining about, not micro-transactions in general.

Micro-transactions are fine. There is nothing wrong with cosmetic or convenience items. It is when you start making players have to gamble or play the rng game for those items. That is when greed comes into play.

Selling the items straight up might seem like it would net them less money, but it would keep the players happy and make them spend more on stuff they actually want cause they can outright buy it without it being tied behind some sort of lottery. In the end, they would have happier players who are willing to spend money over and over when new stuff is released in the gem store.

Gambling/RNG on the other hand, drives the players away from the gem store. It is not fun wasting your money away on a chance for the item you want. It frustrates players and makes them not want to ever spend money in the gem store again. This in turn might earn them more money in the beginning cause of the tons of money people are throwing away at gamble boxes, but in the long run, it is going to hurt them. Players will stop spending money and won’t even bother supporting the company anymore if these tactics continue. They lose respect from their players and in turn, lose money cause they aren’t buying anything anymore.

That is why people complain. Micro-transactions are fine, but gambling and playing the RNG game in the gem store is not. In the long run, they are going to lose money and customers. There is already people constantly protesting the gem store and won’t spend a dime as long as these tactics continue. Which in turn, is less money for Anet the more they keep doing this. If they sell the items straight up, sure they might make less money than the gambling they have been doing, but they would gain the respect and trust of the players in return and have their customers spending more money down the road for all the new things they release, instead of them spending nothing at all.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Reasonable and profit making is selling a weapon skin for $5-$20 in the gem store.

Greedy is selling an average cost for a RNG chance at a weapon skin for $400.

Guess which one the majority of the weapons skins are now being offered for?

XcmGT.3847

Reasonable and profit making is selling a weapon skin for $5-$20 in the gem store.

Who in their right mind would spend 400 dollars on a weapon skin? They create new weapon skins every update, the Wintersday skins do not look that good, in fact, none of the skins do…

ZudetGambeous.9573

Who in their right mind would spend 400 dollars on a weapon skin? They create new weapon skins every update, the Wintersday skins do not look that good, in fact, none of the skins do…

The idea is that you don’t realize that you are doing it. You just keep buying gems and opening boxes not realizing the bill that is piling up. Then one day you are like, oh hey look I have 5 claim tickets and you buy a weapon. Little do you realize that you’ve opened $400 worth of boxes (on average) to get that weapon…

XcmGT.3847

The idea is that you don’t realize that you are doing it. You just keep buying gems and opening boxes not realizing the bill that is piling up. Then one day you are like, oh hey look I have 5 claim tickets and you buy a weapon. Little do you realize that you’ve opened $400 worth of boxes (on average) to get that weapon…

If you really want it without spending $400 just farm level 10 story over and over, takes 20 minutes to do.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

For example, most of the Zodiac skins are selling for 50 gold.

Assuming that 50g represents the equilibrium price between direct purchase and RNG gambling, then it takes about 1500 gems to get a skin. Which is just under $20. Which is still ridiculously expensive.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

data.4093

Ahaha ITT: people thinking Anet needs money after selling millions of games at $60 each. Even if Anet made $20 per game that would still be $60 million for 3 million sold. Did Anet need our money after people bought GW1? No, they made a good game and players kept buying the new campaigns.

Spend money as you want but don’t tell me:

Also, since this game is premised on the model that the few are supporting the game for the many, I think the few should get more non-game changing perks than they do. (like unlimited use skins)

We all bought the game. We all support Anet.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Want not, farm not

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I just think it’s because they made a ton of money (fastest selling MMO, etc.) , and yet there’s no guild housing, no personal housing, no expansion in the works, no good use of GW1’s historical lore with focus instead on dragons, etc. It’s a great game, don’t get me wrong. I love it! I think we’re all waiting for it to live up to the potential though. GW2 sets a really high bar for itself.

Posted by: risa.1382

risa.1382

I don’t understand how people think insurance companies are greedy. So what if they deny people coverage in their time of need, they have to make money somehow right? How can you expect them to make record profits year after year if they give it all away to sick people!

And preying on gambling addiction is no more ethical…

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, every company wants to make a buck or two. A-net won’t be greedy until something like a Real Money Trading Post comes in, then yea…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I guess I would need some universally accepted definition of “greedy.” They are a business. Arenanet is a subsidiary of NCSoft, which is a publicly held corporation traded on the Korean Stock Exchange. Those who invest in stock, including NCSoft, do so with the expectation of return on investment. As most of us who have retirement accounts probably understand, as “owners” of the company our primary concern is our return on investment…which is tied to profitability of the company. Does this make us “greedy?” Well, yes, in a manner of speaking I guess so. I would hope that the companies in which I hold ownership positions would maximize my share value. Otherwise, I have absolutely no incentive to invest in them.

How does or should this impact the features of a product? Generally, I would say that product features should be added and refined such that it results in the greatest customer retention and attraction of new customers. In terms of purchases, we obviously want that maximized as well. At what point does the enthusiastic pursuit of sales and profit cross some ethical line? Other than the obvious legal line, that has been the subject of business ethics debates for decades (well…even longer than that).

One of the beauties of the market in product areas such as this is that there is a lot of competition and switching costs are relatively low. When I purchased GW2 I received pretty much what was promised me. I have purchased gems in the cash store and pretty much got what was advertised. It gets stickier, perhaps, when we begin to use the argument maybe some promises of future features were either explicitly or implicitly made. There is likely little chance of avoiding the phenomenon of different customers perceiving different implied promises.

For me, however, I feel that I have received what I purchased. If the game design moves in a direction that I am unhappy with, I can either adapt or move to another product. I realize that this may sound kind of “uppity” but, while we all may think of this entire thing as being an MMO, it is in a more generic sense just a commercial product that we can either purchase or not purchase.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well, every company wants to make a buck or two. A-net won’t be greedy until something like a Real Money Trading Post comes in, then yea…

you mean like the gem exchange?

buy gems→ convert to gold → buy directly off TP.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

If the game was absolutely free, we would have no content or very very little. People would complain.

If the game had a sub people would complain that there are f2p games out there and paying $15 per month isn’t justified.

With Anet relying on the gemshop for income, people complain that they are greedy.

Something must give. In everyone’s honest opinion how do you expect a company to hire workers to deliver quality content if they aren’t having some sort of income??

I honestly don’t get it.

We did give….. it was $60(some paid more). If they want more of my money they should come out with an expansion. Its not like Anet is a huge corporation that has thousands of employees.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I honestly don’t get it.

We did give….. it was $60(some paid more). If they want more of my money they should come out with an expansion. Its not like Anet is a huge corporation that has thousands of employees.

We all purchased the the game for $60 or thereabouts. We have the game now. They sell other things. You can either buy those things…or not…your choice. I have no special insight into NCSoft or Arenanet strategy elements other than what I can discern by observing their offerings but I would be a paycheck that their major game design decisions at least consider shareholder value expectations. In short, I do believe that they produce the game design and elements that they truly believe will result in the greatest return to shareholders. Fortunately, I also believe that this occurs when you have lots of satisfied customers who are willing to purchase more products. I expect that they have rigorously considered the issue of formal expansions (and the associated revenue streams) versus more continuous updates along with gem store operations (with that associated set of revenue streams.

The comment that “if they want more money they should…” really implies that you know what will produce the greatest return on their investment of resources. I certainly make no claim as to insight into that decision but I suspect that they have “run the numbers” and likely are doing what returns the most value to shareholders.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

you mean like the gem exchange?

buy gems-> convert to gold -> buy directly off TP.

That’s not the whole deal. I’m talking about either being able to sell gold or in game items for money while the game company takes in the profit from trading post fees.

The cash cow in that is quite huge, and it has resulted in some of the most disgusting, cynically marketed ,and greedy behavior on all ends of the equation (Look at D3)

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

As others have pointed out, the things they sell are too expensive. 10 dollars for 1 time use armor set? The game cost me 60 dollars.

Make the armor set 1 or 2 dollars and we can talk again.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I don’t understand how people think insurance companies are greedy. So what if they deny people coverage in their time of need, they have to make money somehow right? How can you expect them to make record profits year after year if they give it all away to sick people!

And preying on gambling addiction is no more ethical…

This deserves… all the +1’s… that have ever been given.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

lol, since when do the gem store profits go to improve GW2 and not one of NC Soft’s other crappy MMOs?

What evidence do you have of this, other than a video by some guy who thinks he knows stuff?

Businesses all pretty much work the same way.

The simplest example would be that Anet is paying 4 different teams to make living world content and other teams to make other content. Where did you think that money was coming from?

In fact, NCsoft provided the funds to complete Guild Wars 1. Saying that they’re making all the money is pretty rich.

Where do you get the information from?

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

The focus on the Gem Store won’t let up until some real competition is released. Then I bet you’ll see some relief in trying to keep players. shrug

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The focus on the Gem Store won’t let up until some real competition is released. Then I bet you’ll see some relief in trying to keep players. shrug

And if every game from this time on is focused on the gem store? Do you really think time is going to go backwards? Games are increasingly focused on the gem store, because that’s how they fund development. It’s so competitive that in today’s market, if they want to make more content, which does keep people in game, they need income. One boxed sale price won’t do it.

So what do you do? Have a game with less content like TSW which most people don’t play? Is that the solution? And they do focus on their cash shop.

Most $60 games give you 20 hours of play. An exception game like Skyrim might give you more…but if you want 500 or more hours of play, you can’t just charge $60. Anet said from the beginning their cash shop is a significant part of their business plan.

I’m not sure why that makes them greedy.

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

Anet is not being greedy and people need to stop expecting things for free. Look I don’t like everything they do (Like nerfing necromancers in PvE for the sake of PVP) but they have to make money and if they didn’t we would have no guild wars 2. This is the real world and in it Anet employ people, they must pay shareholders, Pay there publisher and money they make goes towards Tax. Guess what people if companies and rich people don’t make money then nothing in society would get done, we would have no competition, no innovation and we would have no guild wars. Its also the reason why socialist nations tend to fall over and fail.

Now before I trail off nobody is making you buy stuff off the gem store with real cash and none of the stuff on there is pay to win anyway. Heck Anet has even given players the option to buy gems with gold. There are plently of ways around using cash and if something is perceived to be to expensive by the community then nobody will by it and they’ll take there business elsewhere. At the end of day if you think something is to expensive don’t buy it but I and most other people are perfectly fine with the ingame prices since we all still play.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

And if every game from this time on is focused on the gem store? Do you really think time is going to go backwards? Games are increasingly focused on the gem store, because that’s how they fund development. It’s so competitive that in today’s market, if they want to make more content, which does keep people in game, they need income. One boxed sale price won’t do it.

So what do you do? Have a game with less content like TSW which most people don’t play? Is that the solution? And they do focus on their cash shop.

Most $60 games give you 20 hours of play. An exception game like Skyrim might give you more…but if you want 500 or more hours of play, you can’t just charge $60. Anet said from the beginning their cash shop is a significant part of their business plan.

Im scarred to argue with vayne…hes such a pain… XD

I have to agree that if you want more content then you have to make purchases in the gem store. The reason why i think anet is greedy is because they focus so much on living story and updating the gem store that they forget to focus on other parts of the game. Dungeons have so many bugs is ridiculous. And they havent added any since Fractals, or at least any good ones. What anet is doing is pandering to the casual players by giving them some new useless goodie on the gem store to waste their money on and a small update that gives some brain numbing content. Yes they give us 500 hrs of content, except its not great content, well imo. Maybe most players enjoy it but that doesnt mean anet should stop focussing on dungeons and the minority of players who dont like LS.
And yes i have spent money in the gem store but im not sure if i will ever again until i see some changes to content i like, and im not the only one who wants to see changes to dungeons and such.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

ANet continues to add content, for which we need not pay, to the game. Any and all gem store additions are optional cosmetic and/or minor QoL items/services.

So the people calling ANet greedy are getting more than they paid for and complain that they are not getting enough…Its not ANet that is greedy.

I never once asked for some self-important user to come in and offer their crap opinion on the matter

You are mistaken. Posting on a public forum is actually, essentially, a request that some self-important internet personality come in and offer their crap opinion.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

You are mistaken. Posting on a public forum is actually, essentially, a request that some self-important internet personality come in and offer their crap opinion.

Ha, in that case, this is me dismissing everything they say as just that. When people can come in without making asinine assumptions about me, perhaps I’ll be more inclined to actually think of them as worth my time.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the gem store is necessary for the game as they’ve set it up. I do wish it had more to offer, however!

(edited by Sil.4560)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

…I do wish it had more to offer, however!

Amen. In order to get my money they have to offer something I am willing to buy.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

The RNG is what makes it greedy. They should of just made the skins outright buyable with gems. Similar to the fashion of Maplestory.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

basicly

poor tight fisted people refuse to pay a sub for cotnent devlopment and think all online games have to be “free” because they are STUPID.

they always expect games to be free or they wont play it. thankfully gw2 is NOT free to play as u infact have to BUY the game in the first place.

there will always be ppl who buy gems for cash to sell for gold and ppl who buy gems with gold so the system stays alive.

anyway anet is a business. profit = win simple as that

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Odinsfury.8360

Odinsfury.8360

I think Anet is somewhat greedy, but not to the extent that some people think.

There are certain items I would have bought like the infinite harvesting tools if it weren’t for the fact that they were all 10 dollars and could only be used on one character. If they were either a lower price and soulbound, or the price they were but could be used on all of my characters they would have had me.

I’m not sure why we get more than one character slot, the game seems to fight against us actually using them.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

If this casual fest with no content had a monthly fee,,,,,,,,,,,, hahahahaha. They’re greedy and it shows. No one forced you in their gw1 shop, here each time an update comes they’re spamming with the “New important item in gem store!!!!” as if this was their main content for the update. I don’t want you to add weapon skins in a kittening gem store, i want you to add them in a brand new dungeon and let me hunt them as its done in an rpg. in anet’s mind, gem store in their end game dungeon in which you do nothing else but buy kitten and stand in LA showing them off, pathetic.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Kami Poi.4659

Kami Poi.4659

Lets be honest you guys have not seen some of the worst greed in gaming yet go over to star trek online they put out overly powerful items in rng boxes with 0.005% drop chance wait till it meets their sales figures and then nerf it so far into the ground problem is the average price of those items is around 1500$.

so i like to point out that the rng box stuff in this game is for looks unlike in STO be glad your not being milked like that if you don’t like rngs or how the skins are done well just don’t buy them.

no one will force you to buy what you don’t like nor will they threaten you that the game will be taken from you if you don’t

P.S.
a little greed is good Anet is in the right to be slightly greedy its a game you like or you wouldn’t be here they worked hard both they and ncsoft have to make money or their would be no game im sure if they thought this store wouldn’t bring enough money to keep it going they would swap to other means such as popping an expansion yearly etc.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If Anet were greedy the wallet would only have come from the gem shop. Other MMOs have put improvements like that into paid expansions to make sure that subscribers pay real life cash to solve game created problems.

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP

I Do Agree with you, with Guild Wars 2 being free to play-no monthly subscription, how and where should Arena.Net get and make income in return.

It all comes down in showing Appreciation and Grattitude sadly, many take them for Granted.

Like for example as some of us already experienced. ‘Living under your Parents ’roof’- for Free, and having a job is Good. Even though your Parenets Doesn’t ask you nor Force you (the son/daughter) in helping to ‘pitch-in’ for the epense bills (including yours and theirs) but in showing Grattitude and Appreciation, you ‘pitch in’..’

Arena.Net- The Game and Class Parents, is that Parent.

At the End, it rest in our hand, in Showing them in Return, our Appreciation and our Grattitude for their Hard Work and theirTiredesly Effort in Providing Everything they can, to keep us Motivated and Occupied.

Where is their Greed in all of this?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Kojast.6304

Kojast.6304

OP
Like for example as some of us already experienced. ‘Living under your Parents ’roof’- for Free, and having a job is Good. Even though your Parenets Doesn’t ask you nor Force you (the son/daughter) in helping to ‘pitch-in’ for the epense bills (including yours and theirs) but in showing Grattitude and Appreciation, you ‘pitch in’..’

Arena.Net- The Game and Class Parents, is that Parent.

You are absolutely correct. This analogy is spot on because clearly we depend upon ANet for one of the core requirements of survival. Without GW2, we would be out on the streets of the Internet, roaming search engines and blogs, trolling comment threads and begging for entertainment from sketchy sources like Facebook games.

We as customers depend on ArenaNet for survival, not the other way around. ArenaNet can do no wrong, and we are not allowed to question any of their choices. Whatever they give us, we should eagerly accept and be thankful for. Doing anything else would be ungrateful for the incredible gaming experience that they have so graciously given to us for a one-time price of $40-100, depending on what version of the game we bought (those of us who bought any less than the Collector’s Edition, shame on you!)

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I never said that Anet is being “greedy”, as its the very goal of a business to make as much money as they can. I agree that for $60, you get a LOT of bang for your buck here.

For me, how much is too much before cash shop/gambling focus is considered fleecing? If the gem store had true “micro transactions”, that would be awesome, but everything is $5 – $10. If the mining pick were $3, it would be much more feasible to buy a set of tools for each character, but as it sits, it would cost you $30 PER character.

For the amount of money I’ve spent in this game (quiet a bit), I’d personally rather just have a sub, but that me, and I know the sub model is becoming antiquated. I don’t have a problem with the gem store and Anet needing to make money. But at what point does “fair value” start moving into the “taking advantage of its consumers” territory? I personally hate the feeling of being led by the nose to the gem store, instead of making me want to go to the gem store. And yes, I know I don’t have to. If all future MMO’s are going to do this nickle and diming to death on its customers, well, it’s depressing. But, I’d rather have nickle and diming as opposed to five and ten dollaring.

I’ll happily spend money in the gem store. Just make it a reasonable price, and put things in that we want to buy. Many people cant afford $30 for the tool set, but maybe if it were $9, they’d sell more of them, and the player wouldn’t feel that they were trying to be taken advantage of. Just my .02.

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

I honestly don’t get it.

I agree I don’t think I’ve complained about anything other than the hardship of making gold in gw2 but here recently even without lukc they made aquiring gold less of a chore it still takes time but its not as hard for those of us with HORRIBLE luck making t3 something the players can reach after all its only a skin no one wants a rare set of equips if they can help it. and legendaries were almost out of reach as it was I just finished my twilight after 7 months and I couldnt be happier player base needs to chill on precursor price tho seriously but the bday gifts I can’t wrap my head around I’ve put in 2g minimum over the year(talking real life cash here) and we get a scroll(played since headstart unless it was with 1 character only you have all classes over lvl 20 even if there were some you didnt like a whole lot ie scroll just died mini jennah account bound can’t forge it and no one uses mini’s anyways except for liadri I see it a lot and mini kasameer so another worthless item because we get 1 for each character and a 24 hour booster I have my legendary and full exotic gear and ascended magic find fail exp fail and other junk I love the game itself but unless they give an expansion I don’t see them keeping many players that have played since headstart and gw1.

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

I honestly don’t get it.

I agree I don’t think I’ve complained about anything other than the hardship of making gold in gw2 but here recently even without lukc they made aquiring gold less of a chore it still takes time but its not as hard for those of us with HORRIBLE luck making t3 something the players can reach after all its only a skin no one wants a rare set of equips if they can help it. and legendaries were almost out of reach as it was I just finished my twilight after 7 months and I couldnt be happier player base needs to chill on precursor price tho seriously but the bday gifts I can’t wrap my head around I’ve put in 2g minimum over the year(talking real life cash here) and we get a scroll(played since headstart unless it was with 1 character only you have all classes over lvl 20 even if there were some you didnt like a whole lot ie scroll just died mini jennah account bound can’t forge it and no one uses mini’s anyways except for liadri I see it a lot and mini kasameer so another worthless item because we get 1 for each character and a 24 hour booster I have my legendary and full exotic gear and ascended magic find fail exp fail and other junk I love the game itself but unless they give an expansion I don’t see them keeping many players that have played since headstart and gw1.