Love The Sliverwastes

Love The Sliverwastes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I know they came out a while ago, but I myself hadn’t made my way down there until yesterday. I love the design of the fort fights especially. I think they way that the vines attack the top of the walls first to knock you off of cannons and stop archers is awesome, and the way that the siege Mordrem stand out of arrow range(except mine(ranger love)) is really well thought out. Also, whoever thought of having the airships do carpet bombing runs is a genius:

Love The Sliverwastes

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I too love the constant fighting action there.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Love The Sliverwastes

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

And the cash certainly doesn’t hurt either!

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Love The Sliverwastes

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Silver Wastes is an interesting map. I do like the mobs there. But Vinewrath is too easy for my taste. The fight was sort of like a take on Marionette, but Marionette is far, far superior.

And one thing I hate about SW is the chest farm. I’m baffled as to why the hell Anet decided to add such an abomination to the game. Running around ignoring events and digging up chests like a braindead monkey gives you the best loot. It’s ridiculous. I really hope they’ve learned their lesson and refrain from adding anything like that in HoT.

Love The Sliverwastes

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Silver Wastes is an interesting map. I do like the mobs there. But Vinewrath is too easy for my taste. The fight was sort of like a take on Marionette, but Marionette is far, far superior.

Vinewrath would regularly fail when it first came out, same as marionette. What you are seeing is not an overnerfed encounter but rather one in which the majority of people know what’s expected of them and are able to perform that role sufficiently to the encounters requirements.

And one thing I hate about SW is the chest farm. I’m baffled as to why the hell Anet decided to add such an abomination to the game. Running around ignoring events and digging up chests like a braindead monkey gives you the best loot. It’s ridiculous. I really hope they’ve learned their lesson and refrain from adding anything like that in HoT.

It’s been heavily nerfed, and – how can i put this? – if you don’t like it, don’t do it. Digging up chests when and as you come across the sand piles during events will consume most or all of your shovels (and it’s not like those things have an expiry date) for the same rewards, just… less condensed, and without you being able to leech off other people who’re using up their stockpile of spades.

Love The Sliverwastes

xarallei.4279

Faceroll content should not give good rewards. It’s bad for the game and teaches people this whole lazy “gimme everything for nothing” type attitude that seems to infect the game.

If they are going to leave it in, then fine. But harder content should reward way more.

Love The Sliverwastes

Narrrz.7532

Faceroll content should not give good rewards. It’s bad for the game and teaches people this whole lazy “gimme everything for nothing” type attitude that seems to infect the game.

If they are going to leave it in, then fine. But harder content should reward way more.

Yes, it should. but when they put in harder content and it proves unrewarding andd unenjoyable because the majority do not meet the high standard set, and thus the average is below the requirements, will you be disappointed to never be able to access those rewards? would you add your voice to the outcry? because i guarantee there will be one, and it will drown out your single voice whether raised to the same chorus or not.

Love The Sliverwastes

xarallei.4279

Anet is adding a pvp legendary. I will most likely never get this because I don’t really pvp. That is fine. People need to learn that they can’t get everything they want, not unless they put in the effort.

And when I say more rewards, I don’t even necessarily mean skins. More gold is fine too.

Oh before this whole thing goes off course, we do currently have a thread all about rewards in HoT going on:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Some-people-don-t-like-hard-mode/first

Anyway, back to SW. I think it’s a step in the right direction overall. The mobs are harder than other zones, but they could do better. Fortunately it does seem like VB is improved in this regard.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Love The Sliverwastes

Narrrz.7532

Anet is adding a pvp legendary. I will most likely never get this because I don’t really pvp. That is fine. People need to learn that they can’t get everything they want, not unless they put in the effort.

And when I say more rewards, I don’t even necessarily mean skins. More gold is fine too.

What level of effort should be required to justify a given reward? how do you tell how much effort people have put in? How do you deal with a majority of people putting in ‘enough’ effort but being dragged down by a minority who do not? do you punish the many to spite the few?

What percentage of players should have access to rewards? at present it’s close to 100% – this means that there are a few people dissatisfied because they could not get a reward from, lets say the VW event. Another few people are dissatisfied because they feel not everyone deserves the reward, like yourself. Who do you attempt to please? why? Would you spend more real money on gems if there were more content that excluded casual players? enough to make up for the loss of those players currency when they get fed up and go elsewhere? enough to compensate for lost sales if GW2 becomes considered a “hardcore only” game?

These are all real concerns, and need answers/solutions.

Anyway, back to SW. I think it’s a step in the right direction overall. The mobs are harder than other zones, but they could do better. Fortunately it does seem like VB is improved in this regard.

in general, i agree. it’s difficult without being punishing, but that’s a fine line to tread. VW was on the wrong side of it for a while, as i said. Should it then be buffed, to make it harder? I guarantee that would yield an outcry as people who had been confident in their competence suddenly find they’re not up to spec anymore.

The question is, really, how hard you have to work before you feel the reward is ‘deserved’. I’m fairly sure you would have met that requirement at VW release, with multiple carriers lost every round, the event often failing or sometimes scraping through by a tiny margin. I don’t think the encounter’s been nerfed since then; it’s only that you and/or the average participant has gotten better at what they do. a small minority may be AA heroes, but a good portion of the people do actually do real work to complete the encounter, making full and effective use of their skills to ensure it succeeds. That doesn’t feel like work because it’s not challenging; but challenge is difficult to maintain. It’s a combination of uncertain outcome, unpredictable variables, and general unfamiliarity with what is needed. How do you maintain those elements in permanent content?

(edited by Narrrz.7532)

Love The Sliverwastes

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Why have they introduced such a mind numbing map farm .. player retention.

ANET knew there was going to be a big drought of new playable content for a long period of time and knew players would be heading out to sniff other MMO’s etc.. so what better than to introduce something that requires no effort and guaranteed returns… LOOT A PLENTY FARMFEST is the only thing they could come up with otherwise even Wasteofsilver would of simply festered away until the xpac lands.

But your not forced to go there and feel obligated to join the braindeads just find an event map or start your own… although you may find you start to land a few overly aggressive insults from some of the more chest pumped self entitled chestfarmers who start to feel “THEIR” map is under threat…. just have to report/block them and carry on trying to get others to join your efforts.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Love The Sliverwastes

xarallei.4279

Oh believe me, I avoid chest maps like the plague. But sometimes you’ll land on a map with them and can’t seem to escape it.

And they will get so offended when you ask in map chat for help defending something. I remember when the beta portals were dropping there were a lot of people going into SW and actually doing events because that was the only way to get the portals in SW (didn’t drop from bandit chests, thank god). The chest farmers would argue that we shouldn’t be on the map and that it was better to go to dry top for that. I personally hate Dry Top, so there was no way I was going there. Did finally get my portal from SW.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Love The Sliverwastes

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

But would you pay $50 for it… ?

Love The Sliverwastes

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

I wish killing monsters/people was the most rewarding thing in this game.

Not following a blue symbol and pressing F on chests.