Love the Ancestral Outfit !

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Blah there’s an ugly clipping issue at the hips when just standing around. -_-

Notice that too. Could this be fixed? Thats an awesome outfit, but the clipping issue is… :/

Well, the female version has a Skirt. And Skirts just breed clipping issues. This is why they need to stop making skirts, but they refuse. Thankfully the male version doesn’t for once.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Can I just say, I think its pretty awesome that the female asurans get the female version of the outfit. I think it actually works out really well so please don’t change this ^ ^

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Can I just say, I think its pretty awesome that the female asurans get the female version of the outfit. I think it actually works out really well so please don’t change this ^ ^

Outfits have always been the exception to the rule that Asura and Charr females wear the male versions of armor.

That’s probably because they’re just that – outfits (and formerly townsclothing), not actually armor.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Very fancy outfit, and like it very much outside of a few mostly small eh like the slippers on charr, female charr tail clipping (lack of that awesome tail dragon too :|) and huge dragon around the neck, and some wonkyness in the dye placement of the male version. Pretty nice otherwise through, and it can fit with the Jade dragon weapons.:P

Attachments:

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

(edited by Lordphantomhive.1256)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Outfits have always been the exception to the rule that Asura and Charr females wear the male versions of armor.

That’s probably because they’re just that – outfits (and formerly townsclothing), not actually armor.

This is only true for wintersday and ancestral. Not the 4? Other outfits

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Actually, just looking into this now, the Witch’s outfit would be an exception as well. So 5:3 not counting previous town clothes that don’t exist anymore (vests and stuff?).

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Actually, just looking into this now, the Witch’s outfit would be an exception as well. So 5:3 not counting previous town clothes that don’t exist anymore (vests and stuff?).

Right right witch. Forgot about that one.

So ones that do: ancestral witch and wintersday. Ones that dont; executioner, bloody prince, mad king, pirate, chef

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Cutest Asura ever with the cutest outfit ever, my adorable little Vittai <3

Attachments:

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

My adorable little killing machine, dressed up for a night on the town.

Attachments:

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Actually the Mad King’s outfit is not gendered so I only had the wintersday one before. But thanks for pointing that out. Still glad the asuran females got this version of the set though. I like the look.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Blah there’s an ugly clipping issue at the hips when just standing around. -_-

Notice that too. Could this be fixed? Thats an awesome outfit, but the clipping issue is… :/

I filed a ticket just in case. -_- I’m getting restless over that clipping issue when playing.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

For those that are unaware of this feature with outfits, you can toggle off gloves/shoulder/head piece by toggling off the corresponding armor piece. Also, the Ancestral Outfit doesn’t come with a “head piece” so if you leave it toggled on, your regular armor will show. I don’t know if the dragon around the neck is considered shoulder as I haven’t had a chance to get a close look (I don’t have it yet) but if it is considered “shoulder” it’ll disappear if you toggle off your shoulder armor.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

xD i want this the Asura look Awesome :p

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

For those that are unaware of this feature with outfits, you can toggle off gloves/shoulder/head piece by toggling off the corresponding armor piece. Also, the Ancestral Outfit doesn’t come with a “head piece” so if you leave it toggled on, your regular armor will show. I don’t know if the dragon around the neck is considered shoulder as I haven’t had a chance to get a close look (I don’t have it yet) but if it is considered “shoulder” it’ll disappear if you toggle off your shoulder armor.

Only works in preview.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I just bought it because it’s another option to play a medium armour profession and not having to wear a trench coat.

It’s simple, artistic, fully unique, and looks fantastic on male charr.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Opal.9324

Opal.9324

I would get it if the female charrs also got a dragon on their tail. Instead female charrs just got an ugly skirt that clips with the tail. -_-

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Great outfit, however, the decollete in female version absolutely inappropriate.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Unfortunately, of all the outfits that could do with being sexually dimorphic on Charr, this one is possibly the furthest from that

The female version replaces the stately shoulder dragon with a collar-dragon so large the textures stretch and blur and polygons get jagged, and the pants and tail-dragon get replaced by a clips-with-everything skirt

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I think outfits are amazing. 0 charges to use. Dyeable. Adorable. Usable in combat. Win.

I’m more interested in that pet!

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Unfortunately, of all the outfits that could do with being sexually dimorphic on Charr, this one is possibly the furthest from that

The female version replaces the stately shoulder dragon with a collar-dragon so large the textures stretch and blur and polygons get jagged, and the pants and tail-dragon get replaced by a clips-with-everything skirt

Yeah, there is no excuse for that.

They fully created a version of that outfit that works perfectly with charr, yet they used one that didn’t work.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I wouldn’t be caught downed/defeated in such ugly shoes!
Oh the horror!

Yes, the shoes are in fact the deal-breaker for me. Funny enough, almost all the posted pictures in this topic so far have the shoes cut off :p

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I’m wondering if the outfit is bugged, because you can preview normal hats with it, but not wear them.

Attachments:

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Kong He Fatt Choy !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK