Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I like design but not hearts cause it doesn’t suit well do male character.Even though dagger looks best in entire game,i wont buy it cause of that little “heart” detail

This is an example of why I support selling reskins of weapons and armor. A relatively minor alteration to an existing skin might take little developer resource, but result in significant additional sales.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I like design but not hearts cause it doesn’t suit well do male character.Even though dagger looks best in entire game,i wont buy it cause of that little “heart” detail

This is an example of why I support selling reskins of weapons and armor. A relatively minor alteration to an existing skin might take little developer resource, but result in significant additional sales.

I agree. I do not see offering alternate forms of existing armors and weapons (re-skinning) as being lazy, but as a way to offer us, the players, with many more options to achieve the look we desire within existing base designs.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I absolutely love every single one of these weapons. When looking at the patch notes while updating, I was expecting some really tacky nonsense, not a love themed intricate piece of art.

My Elementalist already has a full set of these beauties, and I want moarrrr!

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Well, I don’t like the color of it.
I define the color of it “ash iron”, which I don’t like so much, if they use white, or celestial, would be a lot better.
Also, it would be so much better if the heart would be more shining than it right now!

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

41 characters and I only have one that suits these. I really like them though. Very elegant. I had a bunch of tickets and now my very girly mesmer has a bunch of suitable weapons skins.

41? And I thought my 15 characters was a lot. You have given me new motivation to make gold, buy gems, and get more character slots!

Hmmn, in general I like the weapon skins. I think the plain grayish look was airing on the side of safe and they could have gone a bit crazier but that is always risky.

I think this is what the pink heart weapons reminded me of:
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070816043705/wowwiki/images/c/ca/Despair.jpg

That was probably my favorite sword in WoW, so a good memory. Will never regret leaving it for GW2 though.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

My Mesmer NEEDS that sword (and possibly pistol). I’ve been wanting to get her a rapier; a heart-themed one is even better as she’s, well, on the seductive side. Norn Mesmer, the most voluptuous body type, not a lot of clothes, Charm, totem is Raven the Trickster…Valentine weapon is perfect.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Cute that they spent 2 months making these so nice and the flamekissed so lazy

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I love these skins, or would if they didn’t have the heart in the middle of them. If they had a piece of ebony, or a light, or an onyx, or anything that didn’t just look silly I’d be all over them.

Were they trying to appeal to female players? If so, please A-Net, just give us pants.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I love these skins, or would if they didn’t have the heart in the middle of them. If they had a piece of ebony, or a light, or an onyx, or anything that didn’t just look silly I’d be all over them.

Were they trying to appeal to female players? If so, please A-Net, just give us pants.

-cough- medium armors -cough-
As for the hearts, these skins without hearts after valentines would be nice…and bring back the roses that everyone used to bug bosses with…you claim to have fixed them

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Folcan.7645

Folcan.7645

Anyone else getting a “Sailor Moon” vibe from these weapons? Especially the scepter and the staff?

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Some very nicely designed weapons indeed. Not 100% keen on the heart theme but the attention to detail makes up for it. Whoever designed these and the Ascended weapon set deserves a kudos from me.

Lovestruck Weapon Skins

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think the hearts work even for men (depending on the character). I have two male characters that would use them in a heartbeat >.>

The problem is that I already got great weapon skins for one of them — Bonetti’s and Aetherized pistols — and I am not playing the other one as much. At least I have more tickets now. A guildie kindly provided me with keys from the shop and I paypal’d her to pay for them (nope, still don’t have TP access, it’s really hurting). I was amazed that 25 keys got me 2 tickets and 9 scraps! Added to previous stock, I can now get 4 of the weapons even if I can’t get at the TP sold ones.

Decisions decisions. Because I think these are elegant, I like the pulsing heart effect, and it’s another rapier style at last. If only my agile sword wielders didn’t already have Bonetti’s!