Loving the Endgame, Anyone Else?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

cant say i understand the complaints about GW2’s endgame. i stopped playing WoW because i couldnt participate in the game’s coolest encounters. i did not have time to grind for gear. therefore, i missed the best PVE and my characters never looked how i wanted them to.

im 500 hours in. im burned out on the current tpvp meta after about 250 hours, so ive been catching up on my PVE. im having a blast in explorable dungeons. ive been runnin TA and Hotw primarily to get my Nightmare and Kodan pieces. i buy cheap exotics to get max stats, then transmute them into my favourite looking sets.

i also run Frostgorge Sound, a few other zones and casual WvW to gain karma for my favourite T3 weapons, which i will transmute with cheap, high-stat exotics. i dont participate in the Orr grindfest. the zone is decent, but i much prefer other 75-80 zones, which also give decent karma.

in conclusion, im able to customize my look while getting max or near-max stats on my gear, by playing my way. anyone else having a blast endgame?

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Metalripper.5406

Metalripper.5406

What endgame?

Ohh, you mean playing Dress-up with your pixels?

Yeah, I tried to get into it, I couldn’t.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Still having fun, a few weeks after hitting level 80. Just doing whatever I feel like doing when I log in.

Posted by: TommyProvolone.3715

TommyProvolone.3715

What endgame?

I agree. I find killing the same monster 800 times in a row for a set of shoulders that will give me a +1 increase in Precision to be a much more satisfying process.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Made my second 80 a few weeks ago. Still loving this game. People who complain about no end-game probably have only seen 10% of what the game has to offer.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Most of the End game complains are about Orr, Frostgorge Sound is better than Orr, but smaller, and so far the only major intresting thing that can be done there is the Claw of Jormag

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

People are way too used to gear treadmills. So ingrained because they never played anything other than that one type of game.

There is an endgame in GW2, and it’s fantastic.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

Metalripper.5406

What endgame?

I agree. I find killing the same monster 800 times in a row for a set of shoulders that will give me a +1 increase in Precision to be a much more satisfying process.

Not entirely sure, but I sense failed sarcasm. Perhaps an attempt to categorize equipping a new pair of shoulders as “not dressup”.

You know… maybe they could like…. make actual dungeon mechanics? Just a thought between corpserushing insert dungeon boss here

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Most players just roll an alt when they hit Orr. That place has got to be the most annoying place ever created.

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Not sure how to respond here, endgame as a concept has been warped too far to make any sense anymore.

I enjoy the game very much my 3rd toon is 79 (can’t wait to finish later tonight) so that is 3 lvl 80s and I haven’t even run all dungeons (about 4 SM and 3 EM paths) so I still have a long way to go to try out everything in the game.

IMO the current “common” concept of endgame is just incompatible with GW2. I want my Thief to have CM armor… and I could run that dungeon since lvl 40 far from top level.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

You know… maybe they could like…. make actual dungeon mechanics? Just a thought between corpserushing insert dungeon boss here

Corpse rushing? You’re doing it wrong, dude.

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Not sure how to respond here, endgame as a concept has been warped too far to make any sense anymore.

“Endgame” is that ill defined term used by naysayers, and anyone else with a negative agenda towards a game, to complain. It is an endlessly fertile and slippery word.

(edited by pdg.8462)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

400+ hours in. still playing. loving wvw atm

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m having a pretty good time. I mostly WvW with my main, as dungeons don’t really interest me (other than getting my 5, or course). I did do the dungeon at the end to finish my story, and I’m glad I did that. It was a fun enough ending.

Sometimes I’ll go out and farm for materials in zones to help my new Ranger that I’m bring up work on her Leatherworking and Hunstman skills (and at the same time, help my Guardian work on her Weaponsmithing skills so she can make axes and swords and such for my Ranger). The Guardian is only 8, and probably won’t really adventure with her any time soon. The Ranger is 32. And yes, I change my armor and weapons every 5 levels…because I can.

So while I’m out in those areas, I’ll always stop and do any DEs that aren’t terribly far away in the zone. I won’t port around in the zone to ‘answer the call’, only because it’s too expensive and I’m terribly cheap.

So I’m still having fun. I just enjoy being in the world. I wish there were more town clothes. I wish it were easier to change how you look (daily? hourly!?) without it being so cost prohibitive, so I’m a ‘little’ frustrated running around always looking the same.

I’m a ‘tad’ bit worried about talks of GvG activities. Not that those types of mechanics are bad at all! I’m…just not a big guild-y type person, always been a GDI, and I’m a wee bit concerned about what it might mean for me and my enjoying WvW. I guess we’ll see.

I’d like to see more things to do? Maybe some faction things to work on? Maybe every zone could have a few factions that you could work on and they involve, at least partially, helping out with the DEs in the area? Might be a way to spread us back through some of the zones for a bit.

No, I’m not working towards a legendary. I saw a post someone made listing all the materials required and that was just daunting, so I put that on my ‘probably not going to happen’ list.

So yeah, I’m having fun. Could it be better? Sure. Could it have been worse? You bet! Would I like to see more things to do? Uhm…well yeah, who wouldn’t?

Ultimately, I’m just excited to be out without my helmet on.

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

It’s fine. Enjoying my geared out engineer. Wouldn’t mind seeing wvwvw titles and scalable dungeons..

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

People are way too used to gear treadmills. So ingrained because they never played anything other than that one type of game.

Care to explain what it is? I have 100% world completion and can’t name anything else to do.

yeah, i would love to know that as well

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I like it too, not having to gear grind to be viable is excellent.

Rat race for gear is so 2004.

Endgame = having fun.

Unlike other MMOs where it’s just grind just in order to not get 2-shotted by no-lifers.

Posted by: Lande.5782

Lande.5782

Care to explain what it is? I have 100% world completion and can’t name anything else to do.

WvW, sPvP, alts, working on your legendary, playing the Trading Post, farming, dungeons, exploring further (even at 100% there is still a lot to find in the world, as I was surprised to find out).

The fantastic thing about GW2 is you have so many things you can do every time you log in. The only thing this game is missing would be the gear treadmill, which to many people is a great thing.

A gear treadmill in Guild Wars, seriously?
http://i.imgur.com/Gt6Za.jpg

pdg.8462

WvW, sPvP, alts, working on your legendary, playing the Trading Post, farming, dungeons, exploring further (even at 100% there is still a lot to find in the world, as I was surprised to find out).

The fantastic thing about GW2 is you have so many things you can do every time you log in. The only thing this game is missing would be the gear treadmill, which to many people is a great thing.

They already know that. They want to complain about there not being a never ending gear grind. That endgame.

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

Made my second 80 a few weeks ago. Still loving this game. People who complain about no end-game probably have only seen 10% of what the game has to offer.

Or has seen everything the game has to offer and doesn’t need to lie to themselves about what utter brown stuff it is.

This is GW2 endgame summed up:

teviko.6049

WvW…check, did that, got the T-shirt
sPvP/tPvP…check, did that too
working on my legendary….was excited, then I learned what a big LET DOWN it was, then I didn’t bother pumping 100’s of gold worth of things into a lottery machine. I can go to Vegas and actually get something worthwhile.
playing the TP…check, did that, made my money…got bored of this, because let’s face it, what am I spending my gold on?? Legendary? Nope…exotics??? nope…uhm……
farming dungeons….did my fair share of them, and quite personally, I don’t like the dengeon skins…
100% world completion….I actually have the stomach to choke down doing yet ‘another’ heart, or another event, or another vista, or skill point…rolls eyes

Nope, can’t do it. I’m done.

Posted by: Indo.4587

Indo.4587

working on my legendary….was excited, then I learned what a big LET DOWN it was, then I didn’t bother pumping 100’s of gold worth of things into a lottery machine. I can go to Vegas and actually get something worthwhile.
playing the TP…check, did that, made my money…got bored of this, because let’s face it, what am I spending my gold on?? Legendary? Nope…exotics??? nope…uhm……
farming dungeons….did my fair share of them, and quite personally, I don’t like the dengeon skins…
100% world completion….I actually have the stomach to choke down doing yet ‘another’ heart, or another event, or another vista, or skill point…rolls eyes

I don’t understand. In other games you grind out dungeons for end game gear. The mechanics are all the same. The only thing you’re not striving for in this game is an extra +10 hit points.

I don’t know why anyone is complaining. Anyone coming from GW1 or intensively followed GW2 KNEW that there wouldn’t be a gear grind. You can craft your level 80 exotics and the game stops there for you statically speaking.

They don’t need to keep you for months. It’s a buy to play game. Come back when new content gets released and let those players who enjoy the game continue playing it.

Jade Quarry: Indó, Level 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

The only thing I don’t like is not getting a random chance of dungeon pieces to drop. I don’t like saving up tokens to buy cool looking gear from a vendor, it feels disconnected and artificial. I like the lack of gear treadmill once you get full exotics, but I just wish the cool looking items had a chance to drop in the boss chests. For this reason alone I don’t enjoy doing dungeons for armor skins and focus on WvW as my endgame.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

33 Dungeon paths for dungeon rewards and karma. I know Story mode doesn’t really count but i didn’t wanna do the math. Yes, bosses are meat sponges and it’s hard to tell when you’re supposed to dodge.

DE’s for karma, yes, a lot of the interesting temple event chains in Orr are bugged and only 3 are being run over and over and over. Doing DE’s in lower level zones net you 200-ish Karma instead of 300 but if you can’t stand Orr why put yourself through misery for an extra 100 Karma.

World bosses and temple events can be done for a chance at gear rewards in chests and specific gear stats in Karma vendors. Yes, the gear rewards suck most of the time, the Shatterer’s a kitten when he gets zerged.

Mini dungeons and jumping puzzles for another wack at chests. Insert world completion and achievements here.

WvW, sPvP, which I personally haven’t dipped my toes into very much because I’m distracted by the PvE.

A new Zone for all levels in a few days.

A new end level dungeon in a few days.

There’s plenty to do after you hit 80 (other than roll an alt). ANet’s aware that some activities are less rewarding than others. There’s nothing wrong with an end game treadmill, but I appreciate that most of the post 80 content here isn’t gated by time sinks.

teviko.6049

I don’t understand. In other games you grind out dungeons for end game gear. The mechanics are all the same. The only thing you’re not striving for in this game is an extra +10 hit points.

I don’t know why anyone is complaining. Anyone coming from GW1 or intensively followed GW2 KNEW that there wouldn’t be a gear grind. You can craft your level 80 exotics and the game stops there for you statically speaking.

They don’t need to keep you for months. It’s a buy to play game. Come back when new content gets released and let those players who enjoy the game continue playing it.

It doesn’t have to be about gear, or gear progression. I thought the game would be FUN! Fun meaning that the stuff is fun to explore, to do over again (even if its for nothing else than some ‘skins’)

But it wasn’t fun.

At first it was…for a time, and then, no. Once the dazzling sparklies wore off, I saw the game (imho) as this shallow, hallow experience that had no richness or depth of content. It’s like EQ2, a soulless, empty game that has nothing engaging to it.

I do understand that it is my opinion only and fanboi’s won’t agree, but sheesh, I pour an intense amount of time into this game. I TRIED to like it, I even pushed myself to ‘give it some time’ but honestly, that depressed me further.

I am waiting around to see how A.Net deals with Lost Shores. It that tanks, my faith in this company will be forever…well, maybe not FOREVER, but seriously damaged.

NetherDiver.6079

It doesn’t have to be about gear, or gear progression. I thought the game would be FUN! Fun meaning that the stuff is fun to explore, to do over again (even if its for nothing else than some ‘skins’)

But it wasn’t fun.

At first it was…for a time, and then, no. Once the dazzling sparklies wore off, I saw the game (imho) as this shallow, hallow experience that had no richness or depth of content. It’s like EQ2, a soulless, empty game that has nothing engaging to it.

I do understand that it is my opinion only and fanboi’s won’t agree, but sheesh, I pour an intense amount of time into this game. I TRIED to like it, I even pushed myself to ‘give it some time’ but honestly, that depressed me further.

I am waiting around to see how A.Net deals with Lost Shores. It that tanks, my faith in this company will be forever…well, maybe not FOREVER, but seriously damaged.

Hey, if it’s not working out for you, don’t force it. ANet’s trying something new and different with this game and their content updates, it’s a learning experience for all of us.

teviko.6049

Hey, if it’s not working out for you, don’t force it. ANet’s trying something new and different with this game and their content updates, it’s a learning experience for all of us.

That was by far the most decent reply of anything.

You acknowledge that I didn’t like the game (in its current permeatation) and that I wasn’t just some gear driven junk-a-holic.

THanks. Honestly, that was the best reply I have ever seen. Kudos to you sir/ma’am.

NetherDiver.6079

That was by far the most decent reply of anything.

You acknowledge that I didn’t like the game (in its current permeatation) and that I wasn’t just some gear driven junk-a-holic.

THanks. Honestly, that was the best reply I have ever seen. Kudos to you sir/ma’am.

It’s silly when people either only LOVE or HATE this game and if you’re on the other side you’re not worth listening to. This game’s got a lot of issues. Bots, bugged DE’s, unrewarding rewards, bugged Dungeons, punishing and frustrating mechanics like the Risen’s CC and negative statue effects in Orr. Some days I log in and I log back out, but I stick around because it’s different, and I see where they’re going with it, they haven’t gotten there yet, but all new ideas need time to refine.

Oh and you will address me as your lord and master :O

Posted by: TheWarKeeper.5374

TheWarKeeper.5374

I have no clue what endgame you are talking about, if you mean the storyline beying epic, listening to an annoying philosophical tree is not fun for me at all, glad i can skip most of its crap talk, the whole silvary thing are starting to get on my nerves lol

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Heh, guess you’re just used to the “how dare you besmirch GW2” crowd xD
Permutation is a decent word for a MMO which is in ongoing development.
See what I think others are failing to realise is that they “imho” masked a lot of the grind in the game with a great levelling up stage, for many the initial weeks were bliss.
No botters, decently mannered people etc, but players saw the few small hints of a lot of Korean F2P MMO’s" and RAN for the hills.
The biggest glaring sign was the “legendairy” weapons

See that’s the kinda thing I’d be going for if I was a player, I’d be swatting my way through bosses and bosses building towards this legendary weapon, which would be a challenging yet very rewarding endeavor depending on how much I wanted to hammer my fist on it and get on with it, or take my time leisurely over time.

And if there was need of a legendary merchant hat of gold trims with dollah dollah signs on it for those that felt their ability to flip items like burgers on the market then so be it, however the problem is there is NO distinction between the two, you need to be a legendary merchant (or just RMT lol) then you need to spam WVW, then you need to explore a ton which is fun right! but… not everyone’s idea of fun which is the point. And thus my legendary weapon doesn’t feel very legendary and just is a horribly thinly veiled time and gold sink. Not that I’m AGAINST gold sinks, but yeah, I’m just not comfortable with how much I’m forced to do all at once for something that’s just aesthetic, I don’t hate it for being just aesthetic I just question the time I’d have to invest into it doing things I hate, whilst at the same time farming, something I’m not exactly enamored with…

So like yourself, I saw the badly stacked RNG and along with many other players who’ve seen better systems universally went

“Meh…”

It’s a nice distraction and there’s no sub for being ingame so I’m sure there will be a thriving community and maybe even a decent RP community influx but I just at times wish WoW wasn’t in such a horrific MESS and TORtanic not going
NOTRLYF2P

the shame is I can’t even go back and level a few crazy alts on CoH:Freedom

Oh well, I always have LoL I guess. Which is atm the shining example of if you make a quality game, even if it’s released as a F2P with Microtransactions it will make you tons of cash, dunno where or when it got inverted to the belief that if you make a financially successful game it will be amazing but yeah, gaming is big bucks now so can’t expect much.

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

caiomacos.1694

Well, you asked what was GW2 “endgame” content. Lande pointed a few options you could do after reaching 80 / finishing main story / getting full exotic gear (and there are more, like crafting, JP, titles / achievements, activities). Just because you dont like the content, doesnt mean its not there.

pdg.8462

Metalripper.5406

Well, you asked what was GW2 “endgame” content. Lande pointed a few options you could do after reaching 80 / finishing main story / getting full exotic gear (and there are more, like crafting, JP, titles / achievements, activities). Just because you dont like the content, doesnt mean its not there.

You are not using the term “endgame” correctly, it refers to a gameplay experience that is fundamentally differently then the leveling process, which is totally absent from GW2. And sorry to alarm you, but farming money/materials/tokens and leveling alts is not content.

(edited by Metalripper.5406)

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I got to 80 in a couple of weeks on my main. I didn’t rush it, I just couldn’t wait for the game to come out and played a plenty when it did. I wasn’t thinking “MUST BE FIRST TO GET TO 80” or anything. I’d been waiting for the game for a couple of years so played in excess when it released. Bet I’m not the only one.

Thing is when I first played through I was exploring it too methodically because of vistas/poi/etc. I assumed Anet had a reason to guide us to them. They did, cheap cash sink waypoints!

Now I’m going back to those maps I rushed to check em out in all there glory (fov is helping, wish it was a lil wider though).

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Best not to accuse others of trolling, openly when you can just report/flag the post.

Well, honestly spvp can be a bit of a laugh though I wish there was some sort of VS bots mode so those of a more passive inclination could play it, or perhaps more varied gametypes as many have been asking for.

Achievements, well they CAN be fun honestly but I feel they work best when they offer additional rewards and/or outwards inclinations that they’ve been completed, such as titles etc.

Playing the TP is something some players DO love and far be it from me or any other player to degrade that, I just dislike personally how it’s sustainably geared towards “imho” inanely long term goals like legendairys, thus the precursors are high demand items which do kinda place emphasis on those that got a lot of cheap ones, hey that’s a normal market but it can still be abused right?

A lot of players wish they could help more player alts but well, loot doesn’t always scale well at lower levels so 80’s just spend more and gain less helping friends and they claim it’s a chore, and you can’t blame them really I suppose

Irony…. xD

caiomacos.1694

PvP isn’t end game content. Most PvE’ers don’t want to PvP. Other than that, I don’t think “playing the tp,” “farming,” “achievements” and “activities (?)” are content that people would bother doing. They definitely wouldn’t keep me entertained for over an hour.

As for exploring after 100% world completion, I assume you’re trolling?

Again: “Just because you dont like the content, doesnt mean its not there.”

Achievements and farming dont keep you entertained? Really? Coming from a person with a “Double GWAMM. GW1 Veteran. Been There. Done That.” sign thats pretty shocking.

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

I’m a bit disappointed with the endgame. But I think it’s just a rewards issue. I think if the rewards were more interesting it would be better. I don’t mean higher stats. I mean things like treasure maps, polymock pieces, parts of a dance manual that teaches a new dance, a GW2 version of the hall of monuments, guild housing and player housing, more varied legendary skins, zaishen quests to get you to visit old places, more titles for really hard stuff like brutal dungeons and JPs. Also these monthly content updates are looking like they might be good – we’ll see – and good new content beats repeatable old content in a lot of ways. But I would like to see something like an overarching epic purpose to the game. But I don’t know how they can add this. In WoW raids framed everything you did, no matter what: it was all so you could help the guild kill the final boss of the final raid. Zhaitan died too quick, too easy. Nothing epic to work for now.

(edited by Grumwulf.9602)

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

PvP isn’t end game content. Most PvE’ers don’t want to PvP. Other than that, I don’t think “playing the tp,” “farming,” “achievements” and “activities (?)” are content that people would bother doing. They definitely wouldn’t keep me entertained for over an hour.

Achievements and farming dont keep you entertained? Really? Coming from a person with a “Double GWAMM. GW1 Veteran. Been There. Done That.” sign thats pretty shocking.

GW1 had me entertained for over 8000 hours. I stopped actively playing GW2 after 100% world completion (I was bored while doing it, but whatever, I wanted to give the game a chance) Don’t compare GW2 to GW1. They’re not even the slightest bit similar.

GW2’s “achievements” and “farming” don’t come close to how fun and rewarding GW1 was.

Unless you can give me some fun examples of achievements or farming in GW2? I would love to hear it.

Excuse me, but what the hell was rewarding about grinding Lightbringer and/or Sunspear titles? Or wallscraping for cartographers? I certainly don’t share your enthusiasm for that.

I find completing all the jumping puzzles rewarding. Even more so that on my first toon I found all of them without looking at the wiki. I plan to do the same with the diving achievements. I like the achievements in GW2 because most of it seamlessly tie in with whatever you are doing, that you don’t have to go out of your way to do it. Lightbringer farming was perhaps the most dreadful gaming concept to exist, in its early days when everybody farmed the quest using wurms. The constant glow of yellow on the screen from the sand made me want to gouge out my eyes.

Wait a sec. Lets not forget treasure hunter and wisdom titles. The ones where almost no-one actually did legit. It was always 5k 7unids or doing runs for people to open chests. Snore.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

(edited by kKagari.6804)

caiomacos.1694

GW1 had me entertained for over 8000 hours. I stopped actively playing GW2 after 100% world completion (I was bored while doing it, but whatever, I wanted to give the game a chance) Don’t compare GW2 to GW1. They’re not even the slightest bit similar.

GW2’s “achievements” and “farming” don’t come close to how fun and rewarding GW1 was.

Unless you can give me some fun examples of achievements or farming in GW2? I would love to hear it.

You still dont get what Im trying to say. All I said is that theres a lot of content in the game, as an answer to the fallacy being spread out that “theres nothing to do after reaching 80 and get geared up”.

Whether this content is good or bad, fun or boring, its not the point of what I said. And its a complete different topic that Im not willing to discuss, since its totally subjective and Im not here to convince anyone that what I like is the right thing. How can I possibly know what is interesting to you?

So, you can say that you dont like the content in the game, for whatever reasons you may have. But saying that theres no content is a lie, plain and simple.

NetherDiver.6079

You still dont get what Im trying to say. All I said is that theres a lot of content in the game, as an answer to the fallacy being spread out that “theres nothing to do after reaching 80 and get geared up”.

Whether this content is good or bad, fun or boring, its not the point of what I said. And its a complete different topic that Im not willing to discuss, since its totally subjective and Im not here to convince anyone that what I like is the right thing. How can I possibly know what is interesting to you?

So, you can say that you dont like the content in the game, for whatever reasons you may have. But saying that theres no content is a lie, plain and simple.

I assumed content should be fun, my bad. So there is content but it is boring. You win.

To each his own. I like dungeons, I like doing DE’s, I like jumping puzzles and mini dungeons. Someone mentioned that the only issue are the rewards, and I’ll second that.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

new to MMOs here. and i am frigging loving this game.
to be fair, havent done all dungeons paths yet, still have story to do, not in full exotics, working towards dungeon gear for now i guess… but been lvl 80 for a while.

what classifies “eng-game” content? is it pretty much when you reach max level, and what there is to do after that? i’m just trying to wrap my head around the idea of it. the only PC games i played were WC2, Red Alert, C&C some D2 and then D3. before D3, i was all console for the longest time…

because i do keep hearing people say there is no in-game, and yes it’s on the interwebz, but from their tone, it’s pretty much “there’s no end-game in gw2, therefore, this game is not fun / not worth playing”. is that fair to say? in general obviously.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

honestly i think it should just mean “stuff to do at max level”, which this game has plenty of. in my OP, i was actually trying to say that if defined traditionally (i.e. gear progression), im still enjoying the end game.

that being said, i never found a point in stat-based progression. it’s really, really silly to be driven by little number increases. vanity, on the other hand, is much more appealing. i love looking the way i want, and not falling behind the gear treadmill.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

What endgame?

Not entirely sure, but I sense failed sarcasm. Perhaps an attempt to categorize equipping a new pair of shoulders as “not dressup”.

If you’re corpse rushing, you are your team are bad or new to the mechanics and need to learn the fight. It’s no different than wiping in a raid except for it doesn’t take 5 minutes to run back to the boss, thank the nine for that.

Continuously dying on a boss should at least hint that you are doing it wrong lmao. Dungeons do have mechanics, people just get raged too easily and ignore them. Sigh…

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

there’s not really any endgame… once you hit 80, you get your exotics (usually within 5 min of hitting 80), do some dungeons (assuming you aren’t already tired of them), and then all that’s left is wvwvw, which is good if you like mindless zergs i guess.

there’s literally nothing to work towards (i’m leaving legendaries out because who cares?). I could understand the concept of “just have fun without progression” if this was a game like halo, but it’s supposed to be a mmo. mmos function on the basis of never actually reaching the end (or having new content come out soon after you do), but i find in this game i mostly have already.

i would love to have gear progression in PVE (not pvp/wvwvw) and some real raids (20+) that require actual coordination and skill. the current boss fights are terribad imo.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

I assumed content should be fun, my bad. So there is content but it is boring. You win.

To each his own. I like dungeons, I like doing DE’s, I like jumping puzzles and mini dungeons. Someone mentioned that the only issue are the rewards, and I’ll second that.

I’d like jumping puzzles too if the camera wasn’t a train wreck and the platforming was actually precise, which it isn’t. You slide off of edges, the camera goes haywire. It makes what should be fun, kind of frustrating. And DEs are fun, while leveling. At 80, its just a mindless grind. NOT fun anymore. Without decent rewards everything in a MMO becomes a tedious question of “why am I doing this?”. A dungeon is no longer hard once you know thew few nuances, and the bosses certainly aren’t tough. They just have too many Hps. Then you’re just farming. I’ve farmed in other MMOs, but at least I was getting gear that actually improved my stats in a significant way, so that I wanted them and needed them. Here, its just for looks, which isn’t so exciting, since you can see yourself in the preview window all dressed up.

Posted by: BlackDeath.8106

BlackDeath.8106

What endgame?

You corpserushing boss?? Your group must be new in the dungeon or just not traited for it. And oh yeah a piece of advice not all encounters need that same utility your using since the beginning. some encounters need different utilities, just gotta know what to use.

NetherDiver.6079

I’d like jumping puzzles too if the camera wasn’t a train wreck and the platforming was actually precise, which it isn’t. You slide off of edges, the camera goes haywire. It makes what should be fun, kind of frustrating. And DEs are fun, while leveling. At 80, its just a mindless grind. NOT fun anymore. Without decent rewards everything in a MMO becomes a tedious question of “why am I doing this?”. A dungeon is no longer hard once you know thew few nuances, and the bosses certainly aren’t tough. They just have too many Hps. Then you’re just farming. I’ve farmed in other MMOs, but at least I was getting gear that actually improved my stats in a significant way, so that I wanted them and needed them. Here, its just for looks, which isn’t so exciting, since you can see yourself in the preview window all dressed up.

Yeah the camera’s really bad (I’m a Charr), and sliding off edges can be remedied by mashing on the spacebar. Not elegant, but gets it done.

I personally love the temple DE’s in Orr. But yes, the rewards are very lacking. Once you have your karma gear (with the right stats) you’re done (unless you want a million shards for your legendary. The temple aura thing is a neat idea, but most people don’t want to bother with taking a temple JUST to get rid of the aura. Temple becomes contested in an hour anyway.

I haven’t done most of the explorables yet, been farming AC and CM for the longest time. They really need to tone down the HP of bosses, but as for dungeon rewards, I like collecting armor pieces.

Having an end level gear grind just limits your access to content and draws out your game time. There’s nothing wrong with that, and ANet’s rewards system atm sucks balls, but I’d rather have them figure out an alternate way of providing rewards rather than give us a treadmill. I haven’t played GW1 to its endgame, but people mention that GW1’s endgame is superior to GW2 and there’s no gear treadmill. I still play WoW, I’ll play that when I want my gear grind itch. Or D3/Torchlight.

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I like the end game, just wish there were more rewards (skins/ranks), and that current rewards actually did something (badges don’t get me anything I actually want, karma is only really useful for Legendaries or temple gear).

WvW
SPvP
3 world bosses
2 80 zones
-Straight up mob farming
-Dynamic event farming
-Resource farming
25 explorable mode paths
Crafting
Many unique achievements

I love the variety of the end game in this. I just wish they had more rewards. Although, I think people would be more excited if they knew about the Mystic Forge weapons that—in some cases—looking nearly as flashy as Legendaries. Honestly, they almost have too much endgame—it can be hard to get a specific dungeon party!

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

NetherDiver.6079

I like the end game, just wish there were more rewards (skins/ranks), and that current rewards actually did something (badges don’t get me anything I actually want, karma is only really useful for Legendaries or temple gear).

WvW
SPvP
3 world bosses
2 80 zones
-Straight up mob farming
-Dynamic event farming
-Resource farming
25 explorable mode paths
Crafting
Many unique achievements

I love the variety of the end game in this. I just wish they had more rewards. Although, I think people would be more excited if they knew about the Mystic Forge weapons that—in some cases—looking nearly as flashy as Legendaries. Honestly, they almost have too much endgame—it can be hard to get a specific dungeon party!

Forgot about the Mystic Weapons. I’d still prefer a halfway point between Exotic gear and Legendary gear.

If you count the temple bosses in Orr, there are more than 3 world bosses.

We definitely need more armor skins, I was hoping that each Orrian temple had a different armor set. Also, chests need to drop mini pets/crafting materials/mounts (seriously)

Posted by: Dimaya.8615

Dimaya.8615

endgame is for us pve’ers. i absolutely do not like pvp and would much rather chase a carrot on a stick, if you will. That being said, everyone doesn’t need to have said carrot, that was the real problem behind the ‘carrot on a stick’ philosophy. It can be a rare drop, a farmed recipe, or a token item, but it can be difficult to obtain. Legendaries do not count because I am not spending that much time on a different look. I like better gear for the simple purpose of being able to progress in harder pve content, i could care less about ganking low lvl players or wvw or spvp. Make the gear for pve unusable in pvp and wvw and give the people what they want