Loving the Game...TY ArenaNet.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arclight.9437

Arclight.9437

I’m late to the party because I have a Mac, but I’m having the most fun in a game that I’ve had in years. Tyria is beautiful, I’m enjoying my personal story, and I love the ranger class, and learning how to play it the “old fashioned” way. Thank you for not allowing add ons or character inspection. Neutralizing the min maxers and the cookie cutter specs, and only putting competition in the PVP portion of the game put the RP back in RPG. Thank you for not charging a subscription, although I would gladly pay one to play. My only gripe is the gem store not working on the mac client, (There’s an armor set that I want BAD) but it will get fixed when it gets fixed. Plenty to do in the meanwhile.

Again, great game, and thank you.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Hey welcome to the game and thank you for posting about your great experience here! So often we only hear the negative, it’s about time we start getting more positive feedback from the people who are playing and enjoying themselves.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you visited the Mac Support forum about your issue with the TP? I know last week, or so, the Techs put out some solutions for that problem. Might work for you.

Welcome to Tyria! =)

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

And posts like these are exactly why Anet can’t please everyone.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

And posts like these are exactly why Anet can’t please everyone.

I’m not exactly sure what you are trying to say about this post. But the fact remains that Anet couldn’t please everyone anyway, it’s impossible so they shouldn’t even try.

What they can do is set their minds (new manifesto, whatever you want to call it) on what/how they want this game to be and stick with it. Of course taking our feedback along with that shouldn’t hurt either if done correctly.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

My only gripe is the gem store not working on the mac client, (There’s an armor set that I want BAD) but it will get fixed when it gets fixed. Plenty to do in the meanwhile.

Again, great game, and thank you.

Can Mac users not receive gifts either or? It may be possible to have a trusted friend gift you the desired armor set.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Arclight.9437

Have you visited the Mac Support forum about your issue with the TP? I know last week, or so, the Techs put out some solutions for that problem. Might work for you.

Welcome to Tyria! =)

I did after I read your post. I used the suggested workaround, and the gem store works for me now. Thank you very much for the direction.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are most welcome! =)

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Nice to hear/read that you love the game.

Welcome to Tyria!

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Every one loves the game until you try other mmo’s…
as GW1.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Nope, I still enjoyed GW 1 after trying other games (often times, it actually just rekindled by view of GW 1.)

GW 2 still is fun to come back to every few days a week. One of our guild members even went back and got GW 1 because she never played it. Now we’re having a blast reliving our old memories, and she likes the skill system of the original.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Aeolus.3615

Nope, I still enjoyed GW 1 after trying other games (often times, it actually just rekindled by view of GW 1.)
(…)

Thats the problem, GW2 is a miss of every good thing gw1 had even classes mechanics are not worthy…

I might get back to gw1 also, since now not playing any mmo, miss my fat monk :/

and btw <3 ZoS.

Arclight.9437

as GW1.

GW2 isn’t my first mmo. I have played several, even on a mac. More mmo’s have mac clients than people realize. One of them that I loved playing has recently shut down for good. With Codeweavers, I was able to play several Windows only mmo’s on my mac, including GW1. My opinion of GW2 being one of the best mmo’s that I have ever played is not a naive one.

For clarification, Codeweavers is not a hack program. It’s licensed software that allows mac users that don’t wish to bootcamp their hard drive to use windows applications. All games still have to be paid for/subscribed to.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

A Ranger you say? No cookie-cutter builds or classes you say? Well, you’ll see everything in time. But it’s not yet I suppose so be welcome and have fun

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Aeolus.3615

as GW1.

GW2 isn’t my first mmo. I have played several, even on a mac. More mmo’s have mac clients than people realize. One of them that I loved playing has recently shut down for good. With Codeweavers, I was able to play several Windows only mmo’s on my mac, including GW1. My opinion of GW2 being one of the best mmo’s that I have ever played is not a naive one.

For clarification, Codeweavers is not a hack program. It’s licensed software that allows mac users that don’t wish to bootcamp their hard drive to use windows applications. All games still have to be paid for/subscribed to.

Im codewavers and wine on linux side user, thats how i played gw1 for several years ^^, Gw2 is a good game that is undeniable but in terms on content is really short, most short mmo i ever played, the impression i have from gw2 is like the casual mobile/tablet games with daily rewards for skins and get gems to get stuff faster, thats why i said gw1 was a better game for that time than gw2 is nowadays.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Let me add my thanks to the others – Thank you ArenaNet for giving us such a great game. Over 2000+ hours and this is the BEST, most quality MMO I’ve ever played.

I appreciate your hard work, enthusiasm and open discussion with the community. Thank you for a great 2013 and hoping you have continued success with 2014

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

A Ranger you say? No cookie-cutter builds or classes you say? Well, you’ll see everything in time.

Well it’s better to know before hand what reality is about in PvE?

• Rangers are in a bad state and have an awful image in game. Learn to give the best you can if you want to run dungeons using the Looking for Group tool.
  • Cookie cutter builds.. well there is the meta build for each class, not sure if you consider that a cookie cutter build (to me that equals to non-unique). Sooner or latter you’ll see that this one build is the best you can have and most people do not want someone to play selfish by using a sub optimal build in a group, resulting in kicks and insults. Rangers are the first to be targeted (Most people will not accept “RP” in dungeons, so say bye to your bows)
  • Warrior, Guardian, Mesmer, Ele are the optimal classes so sooner or latter you’ll be discouraged by “No ranger” parties on the Looking for group panel.

A few tips to make reality enjoyable :

• Learn your class weakness and strenght
  • You can always form your own parties with your own rules
  • There are ALWAYS people with the same state of mind as you, just find them and play with them. The game will be enjoable for you, them, and those who do not share your way of thinking.
  • If you adventure in the endgame, check out the cookie cutter build as you name it, that’s the only one which will make you go far and enjoy the “Group synergy” aspect of the game. It might how ever not correspond to what you like to play.
  • You play how ever you want with friends, your guild, solo in Open World, in PvP, WvW BUT You play the best you can for all those people you meet for only a dungeon run, that’s respect of their time and fun (fun coming from group synergy, not from some role play perspective).
Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

The only thing that makes rangers suboptimal is the players, imo. I know enough rangers who excel in pve and pvp (yes, really) that it really is just a matter of grokking the class.

If folks give you a hard time in groups, then make your own.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

GW2 is an excellent game.

The most important thing to me besides the gameplay is that the entire team always tries to be transparent even if they in troubles because of that.

They made hard choices like breaking the trinity, no monthly fees, barely vertical progression . . . that could be devastating to the current MMO game life expectation . . . and they succeed IMO.

Working on Anet will be like working in google . . . just talent everywhere giving by free many things that they just don’t really need to give in order to pursuit more incomes.

I like this new business model to make money.

Thanks Anet . . . keep it like this . . .

And please give us duels and guild duels!