Loving the game but...

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arkaedrian.6783

Arkaedrian.6783

So far, the game is great, however i would like to make 1 suggestion.

When i double click someone while using a sword and dagger (off hand), i should walk up to them and start auto attacking, not just stand still.

thoughts?

I play ranger btw

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Posted by: theli.3542

theli.3542

this kind of attacking keeps you awake i think , otherwise combat just gets boring.

Human Ranger
Aurora Glade – Aetheria guild

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

My thoughts are….

NO! That is way to easy. Make us continue to work for the kill. The only auto movement I want is… auto run when you press NUM LOCK… and an added feature of “follow”

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Arkaedrian.6783

It should at least be an option for people who want to use it. If you want to make your gaming experience more tedious, then keep it turned off. Its really that simple

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

You mean like click-to-move? Sounds kind of dangerous when fighting around rougher terrain. I’m not really against it. As long as it isn’t used to do something like turn 180 degrees on a thief that is trying to backstab you, I don’t really see how it could be used to cheat.

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashes.6418

Ashes.6418

auto run when you press NUM LOCK

There is an auto-run bind in the control set up, just set to numlock yourself.

turn 180 degrees on a thief that is trying to backstab you

There is already a keybind which allows you to turn around 180 degrees on the spot. I have mine bound to X, so this would not be an issue.

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Arkaedrian.6783

You mean like click-to-move? Sounds kind of dangerous when fighting around rougher terrain. I’m not really against it. As long as it isn’t used to do something like turn 180 degrees on a thief that is trying to backstab you, I don’t really see how it could be used to cheat.

No not click to move.

Lets say your using a sword (or in my case sword/dagger) and you’re standing 5 ft away from an enemy (close enough for my pet to attack), if i double click that enemy, my character should walk up and start auto attacking. Currently no mater how close i am, if its not in melee range, my character just stands there. Double clicking should walk my guy up to the enemy and start the auto attack.

Loving the game but...

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheOuroborus.6387

TheOuroborus.6387

Indeed, it was well stated quite a ways back that GW2 had omitted click-to-move. I was sad at the time, but now the game is out, I understand the reasoning completely.