Low level more powerful than down scaled

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Does this down scaling change also affect dungeons? If so I think that explains why I was getting one shot in CoF P1 during the Acolyte phase. Before you could run through the flame thrower mobs, and if they pulled you back you just pop stability. But now, you die in 2 seconds.

Living up to your name? :P

he also has more crit chance, more crit damage, skills and traits >.>

4% to 8% crit chance is meh.

Level 40s also have skills and traits and is better level 20 than a level 80 is a level 20.

wana test if a lvl 40 guard can kill a lvl 40 champ faster than my downscaled lvl80 guard?

I already said that champions and dungeons are the only places in general PvE that more traits matter.

That’s a baseless opinion. The traits do affect the other aspects of PvE. Just because they are affected less than against a champion or a dungeons doesn’t mean that they don’t affect it at all.

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

So if you’re not upset, what, exactly, is the problem? The level 2 mobs are not going to kill you, and you are going to kill them just fine. If you choose not to play with your traits and utilities that you have to get those boosts, that’s fine, but that by no means invalidates the fact that they are there and can give you massive increases in damage even over a fully twinked low-level character.

You cannot ignore those boosts and simultaneously state that damage is lower from an 80. It’s disingenuous and doesn’t tell the full story.

To expand, no, I do not simply stand there and press 1. I dodge, I pop my utilities for fury, swiftness, and stability. I use my elite skills often on CD to burn through low-level enemies because it is faster. If you want to clear low-level stuff faster, do it.

Why do I have to be upset to talk about this?

Was the previous game state broken? Did I just miss the huge thread and the huge reddit on how level 80s were destroying the starting areas?

Why is there always the talk “if you cannot do it”?

Anyone can do it – PvE is easy.

The question is “why the change”?

You literally just answered your own question with the bolded section. The previous game state was broken; there was little to no reason for an 80 to touch a <80 area, and when they did, it was not fun. PvE being easy is the problem. PvE can be easy, but it shouldn’t be exclusively easy. Making it more difficult for skilled/high-level players makes it more engaging.

I’m talking about this because I find it silly.
I expect my level 80 toon to do as much damage when is down scaled to level 6 as my level 6 toon with an auto attack.

Apparently that is a crazy expectation.
Don’t you expect your level 80 down scaled to level 6 to do as much damage with an auto attack as when it was level 6?

I do expect to do at least as much damage over time. You have only ever compared the base damage of auto-attacks, but have outright refused to acknowledge any boosts from acquired traits, skills, or armor/weapons. All of these things have a significant impact in the amount of damage you deal, and, when you factor them in, a level 6 will never out DPS a level 80 that is geared.

One can say “well this doesn’t change much, so why should Anet waste man power looking at this”?
It is true, it doesn’t change much.
On the other hand why did they waste man power changing the previous state in the first place?

“Was the previous game state broken? Did I just miss the huge thread and the huge reddit on how level 80s were destroying the starting areas?”

The fact level 80s don’t touch low level areas is due to the fact that there are few rewards – removing champions and such didn’t help.

Some of the boosts seem to not work either, like the sigil of bloodlust.

I still don’t see a need to use any kind of rotation, enemies die fast enough.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

MiniEquine.6014

The fact level 80s don’t touch low level areas is due to the fact that there are few rewards – removing champions and such didn’t help.

Why do you keep bringing up Sigil of Bloodlust? This is not the only sigil out there. Put a Sigil of Fire and Sigil of Air on your equipment and I guarantee you will see larger damage increases. If it literally does not work, then it’s a bug and you should report it to Anet for them to look into. Also, there are still traits that apply similar effects.

Again, if you choose to not use a rotation, that’s your choice. That’s no reason to say that down-scaling doesn’t make sense though.

Swoo.5079

That’s a baseless opinion. The traits do affect the other aspects of PvE. Just because they are affected less than against a champion or a dungeons doesn’t mean that they don’t affect it at all.

Yeah that 2 siphon of vampiric auras is really useful when you hit for 80.

MiniEquine.6014

If you are going to respond with sarcasm, it only goes to show you have nothing to stand behind. You are intentionally being intellectually dishonest. At level 80, you have 27 traits; which is 27 more than a level 6 has. Even if you only took defensive traits (difficult, but possible), then you are still far better than a level 6.

Swoo.5079

Why do you keep bringing up Sigil of Bloodlust? This is not the only sigil out there. Put a Sigil of Fire and Sigil of Air on your equipment and I guarantee you will see larger damage increases. If it literally does not work, then it’s a bug and you should report it to Anet for them to look into. Also, there are still traits that apply similar effects.

Again, if you choose to not use a rotation, that’s your choice. That’s no reason to say that down-scaling doesn’t make sense though.

You think the superior sigils of air and fire blast for more than the minors at low level areas?
They don’t.

One thing that works good is stuff that trigger when you are hit, like superior rune of strength.

I didn’t say that down scaling doesn’t make sense, just that the base primary attribute of a down scaled max level makes no sense.

Swoo.5079

If you are going to respond with sarcasm, it only goes to show you have nothing to stand behind. You are intentionally being intellectually dishonest. At level 80, you have 27 traits; which is 27 more than a level 6 has. Even if you only took defensive traits (difficult, but possible), then you are still far better than a level 6.

It is a 68% damage difference all of it needs to cover.

At least you are trying to prove the level 80 is still more powerful, so you at least agree with my expectations of a level 6(80) being more powerful than a level 6.

(edited by Swoo.5079)

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Traits are meaningless in low level zones, it is literally all about power. Stop being pretentious.

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

@ Op just looking at your two pictures, the only thing the level 2 has more of is power, everything else the 80 has almost double of.

I really think what happened is people relied so much on their characters and builds being OP that now that it’s more balanced, people’s skill is starting to show. . . and well people don’t like the realization that they aren’t as good as they thought they were.

MiniEquine.6014

It is a 68% damage difference all of it needs to cover.

At least you are trying to prove the level 80 is still more powerful, so you at least agree with my expectations of a level 6(80) being more powerful than a level 6.

You again are using this to prove your stance, but this is the base damage of an auto attack; this is not your DPS, which is what matters. If, after calculating all traits, weapon skills, and utility skills, you still have a 68% increase in damage, then I would agree with you but you do not.

This is why you are being intellectually dishonest. You only state the numbers to fit your narrative. Be factual!

MiniEquine.6014

Traits are meaningless in low level zones, it is literally all about power. Stop being pretentious.

They are not meaningless as they do have an effect. If traits did not affect combat at all, then they could be ignored. This has nothing to do with being pretentious; I don’t even know where you got that from.

Use facts. If you can prove that having 27 additional traits, a full set of weapon skills, and a full set of utility skills does not produce more damage, then I will believe you. You cannot ignore information just because you want to.

Dinks.2478

@ Op just looking at your two pictures, the only thing the level 2 has more of is power, everything else the 80 has almost double of.

I really think what happened is people relied so much on their characters and builds being OP that now that it’s more balanced, people’s skill is starting to show. . . and well people don’t like the realization that they aren’t as good as they thought they were.

Except power is the only important stat pre-80. None of that other stuff is remotely relevant until level 80. My level 21 mesmer in greens hits harder than my level 80 mesmer in full 80 exotics/ascended gear when attacking the same appropriately leveled mobs. That should simply not be the case.

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Seems like a bug that needs to be fixed. Now as for how long we have to wait for it to be fixed….

I’m still waiting on fixes from years ago.

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Except power is the only important stat pre-80. None of that other stuff is remotely relevant until level 80. My level 21 mesmer in greens hits harder than my level 80 mesmer in full 80 exotics/ascended gear when attacking the same appropriately leveled mobs. That should simply not be the case.

its not relevant because you dont gain the benefits that a lvl 80 gets like traits superior runes and sigils. The reason why your lvl 20 mesmer hits harder is probably because you are either using auto attack or you are lacking damage multipliers on your lvl 80. cause theres no way a lvl 21 guard hits harder than my 80 guard with ZB FW UC and RP even with 80 more power.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It’s pretty simple, I maxed my character and fully invested in Ascended gear. That should always place me amongst the most powerful players in any zone. Otherwise, my reward for leveling is worse performance? That I have to buy Ascended gear just to try and keep up my previous level of performance??? That kind of design is flat out absurd!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

It’s pretty simple, I maxed my character and fully invested in Ascended gear. That should always place me amongst the most powerful players in any zone. Otherwise, my reward for leveling is worse performance? That I have to buy Ascended gear just to try and keep up my previous level of performance??? That kind of design is flat out absurd!

+1

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I don’t understand what you guys are complaining about. I literally 1-shot or 2-shot everything in every -80 level zones with a full ascended armor. Enemies would be 200% tougher and the game would still be too easy for my taste.

eldrin.6471

this is a forum and we are disusing not complaining

Dinks.2478

I don’t understand what you guys are complaining about. I literally 1-shot or 2-shot everything in every -80 level zones with a full ascended armor. Enemies would be 200% tougher and the game would still be too easy for my taste.

It is exactly what we are saying, downscaled 80s are weaker than lower level characters. Not sure how this is acceptable to anybody.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

this is a forum and we are disusing not complaining

LOL…yeah, never seen any complaining on a forum….

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Hague.5476

Hague.5476

The primary flaw here is that if I don’t upgrade my gear and I gain levels I get weaker against the exact same enemies. That’s really, really really really stupid and indefensible from any perspective.

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

It is exactly what we are saying, downscaled 80s are weaker than lower level characters. Not sure how this is acceptable to anybody.

repeating this won’t help low lvls are noway near downscaled 80’s, But y if you are narrowminded keep autoattacking

eldrin.6471

It is not low lvls thats the problem its the system they are using to downscale.
Maybe read the title of the thread.

Dinks.2478

I still can’t grasp how people are actively sitting here defending a system that makes geared level 80s weaker than low levels.

Posted by: Rymer.4017

Rymer.4017

So I have been following this thread sense it was started and others and have been researching down scaling even started a thread on it myself with videos to explain it and I think this one I did explains this quite well check it out below.

https://youtu.be/wl6O0cYRaa0

You see even though we have all our traits and skills our characters are almost exactly equal with miner bonuses to those of equal level. I really am excited but at the same time I do not see why gaining stats through leveling should be in game anymore.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

A lot of people agree with the new downscaling. For them it added a challenge. Now you kill things in 3 secs instead of 2 with your downscaled lvl 80. However your lowbie toon in masterwork still kill things in 2 secs.

Or in my newbie warriors case…kill every thing with one button press, maybe two if it’s a vet…she wears white items I bought from a common vendor lol. But maybe it’s just because warrior is the god class of GW2 so maybe that’s it.

Posted by: Hague.5476

Hague.5476

Weee! More broken content implemented! Watched your video. Sorry to say but you didn’t really touch on anything different than your previous posts and nothing shown in the video honestly needed a video to discuss it. Nowhere did you actually show us the comparison between the characters. It’s you running around on your 80 hitting some enemies and repeating yourself.

I liked being able to solo low-level champs, it was fun. Now that is an impossibility. More player agency stripped in the name of “progress.” The more of this release I get to experience the more green-grey of the rotten parts is visible and the stench overwhelming. The only safe place is Silverwastes any more. They didn’t seem to break that zone. Everywhere else is trash now. WvW is a huge zerg joke, guardian teams breaking down gates without siege equipment. Story dungeons are full of poorly scaled enemies. Purchasing higher level equipment is a necessity to maintain strength in the same zone you’re in, fighting exactly the same enemies. Literally the most botched update I’ve ever seen.

That’s right. If you stand in one zone, with a low level character, you will get weaker as you level over that area. If you don’t gather enough hero points to level your skills you must buy new equipment or the enemies will become stronger than you. Literally the downscaling makes it so a player must continually buy new gear or become irrelevant in the same level area they already leveled in. It’s nonsensical.

DeWolfe.2174

So I have been following this thread sense it was started and others and have been researching down scaling even started a thread on it myself with videos to explain it and I think this one I did explains this quite well check it out below.

https://youtu.be/wl6O0cYRaa0

You see even though we have all our traits and skills our characters are almost exactly equal with miner bonuses to those of equal level. I really am excited but at the same time I do not see why gaining stats through leveling should be in game anymore.

I watched your video and disagree with how “great” the scaling is. Also, I disagree that everyone “should be equal”. Because it’s a) not equal at all and b) a slap in the face for spending so much time and money getting Ascended gear. Lastly, as someone who’s loved making twinks in GW2, there’s way more to scaling than the discussion on this thread. If you think stats don’t make a difference, play more.

Editing: to add that the more I play around, the more I find out how wonky and uneven scaling is. Always disliked how crit chance drops and inherited weakness increases against scaled mobs. Aka.. glancing, glancing, glancing….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: noraia.8570

noraia.8570

The way I see it, zones have levels and characters have levels and unless something very clearly tells players otherwise, it’s intended that if your character’s level is under the zone level, it’s meant to be a struggle for the average player, if it’s over then it’s meant to be easier and on-level is some vague “appropriate level of challenge” point.

When I started, I struggled with content at my level, so I leveled up with exploration and harvesting and things and backtracked so I could do things more easily. So I learned how to do things. If I had leveled up and gone back and found that it was even harder, I would have probably quit. And it’s even worse in that new players aren’t going to have any clue about the extent of the effect of underleveled gear.

On the other hand, there are tons of things still being balanced and worked on so I am not going to worry about this until things settle down more overall and hopefully by that time downscaling will be working fine.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

You should not respond to mini-equine. The dragonhunter name thread showed that he will defend anything Anet does.

On topic, this really needs to be fixed. Downscaling is good, but this is too extreme.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I dont know whats going on, but there is something fishy, Before the patch i was soloing AC dungeons relatively with ease. Today i must double the effort to achieve the same thing .. with my build i can kill a young karka in southsun with a single use of purging flame .. the same build struggle in AC and the same skill is … maybe downscaled too much. Well the damage done is not proportional .. it’s weaker.

It doesn’t make sense that i can go in silverwaste or any other lvl 80 zone and melt everything on my path with only half of my skills then going to a lvl 30 dungeon and unleash everything i have to get the same effect.

This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The community has been begging for more challenging content for some time now, and having access to older content with a challenging kick can be quite invigorating.

Do you feel better overcoming a difficult task that took all your skill, or do you feel better just because you are more powerful than your enemy by default and plow through them?

Oh come on .. yeah all those poor 80s in full ascended that seek challenge in
Queensdale. Maybe level 2 skelks should oneshot them .. or you die instantly
when entering the zone.

What does a highlevel do in lowlevel zones normally ? Either its completing
a map or harvesting .. nobody is there to seek a challenge .. this argument is
so far from reality.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I dont know whats going on, but there is something fishy, Before the patch i was soloing AC dungeons relatively with ease. Today i must double the effort to achieve the same thing .. with my build i can kill a young karka in southsun with a single use of purging flame .. the same build struggle in AC and the same skill is … maybe downscaled too much. Well the damage done is not proportional .. it’s weaker.

It doesn’t make sense that i can go in silverwaste or any other lvl 80 zone and melt everything on my path with only half of my skills then going to a lvl 30 dungeon and unleash everything i have to get the same effect.

This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The community has been begging for more challenging content for some time now, and having access to older content with a challenging kick can be quite invigorating.

Do you feel better overcoming a difficult task that took all your skill, or do you feel better just because you are more powerful than your enemy by default and plow through them?

when entering the zone.

so far from reality.

Or spend 10 mins doing a world boss, don’t forget.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

eldrin.6471

To me this trivializes the time and money I put into this game.

Beldin.5498

when entering the zone.

so far from reality.

Or spend 10 mins doing a world boss, don’t forget.

Oh yeah .. worldbosses should take 2 hours at least .. i mean Behemoth .. DPS .. Portals
DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals .. DPS .. Portals ..

Can you imagine the pure challenge that this would give ?

Also its great that people who think starter areas are too easy now can think :
OK … its so kitten easy here .. but as soon as i’m 80 and full ascended i come
back here to have a real challenge.

Now make the scaling maybe even more punishing that lvl 80s have to ask
level 10 chars to help them complete a map, or that they need to form raids
to take down a centaur ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They are going to add in map rewards. Things like t6 mats and such, so you can go out into the world and be more free in what you do to get rewards.

So that reward is apparently comming for doing lower level maps. But that has to also come with bringing down the faceroll of lower level maps. Seems they introduced the latter first.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Did you know that there are only 4 areas that are level 80 (Drytop, SW, FGS, Cursed Shore)? That means that your exotic and ascended gear is maximized ONLY in those 4 areas, and that in every other area of the game, a lower level character would match you or be more powerful.

Doesn’t that sound a bit absurd? Shouldn’t an exotic/ascended character at least match the stats of a non-downlevel?

Beldin.5498

Did you know that there are only 4 areas that are level 80 (Drytop, SW, FGS, Cursed Shore)? That means that your exotic and ascended gear is maximized ONLY in those 4 areas, and that in every other area of the game, a lower level character would match you or be more powerful.

Doesn’t that sound a bit absurd? Shouldn’t an exotic/ascended character at least match the stats of a non-downlevel?

FGS is also 70-80 .. so just a part of it is 80.

Malchors Leap is also 75-80 .. but its in my eyes the most senseless maps of all ^^

eldrin.6471

Since the vast majority of the game is not lvl 80 is ascended gear worth the effort

Posted by: zcearo.1897

zcearo.1897

i haven’t read all of the 3 pages of posts before me but , this topic interested me when i saw it yesterday.

so i took some time . . .

i put the theory of my ascended lvl 80 being less powerful than a new-b to the test .

results . . .

i 1 shot everything .

entry level characters were following me around after a while because i switched from insta-kill mode to boon distribution mode and made everything easier for them.

god-walking-amongst-mere-mortals in action .

MiniEquine.6014

You should not respond to mini-equine. The dragonhunter name thread showed that he will defend anything Anet does.

On topic, this really needs to be fixed. Downscaling is good, but this is too extreme.

Ha, dude you’re hilarious. I’m fine with them changing the name, but they aren’t going to. Fact is, it can make sense, but you refused to even acknowledge that.

Also, I don’t get paid by Anet to do or say anything, so I’m not sure why I should praise them for everything. Just because there aren’t popular threads about things I don’t enjoy about the game doesn’t mean that I don’t dislike certain aspects.

- Early leveling being far too easy (I like the speed, not the ease)
- Personal story (I hear this may have been fixed in the latest update?)
- Poor implementation of the Necromancer in a PvE group environment
- The problem of dungeon difficulty being set too low
- The repetitiveness of Silverwastes and Dry Top
- etc.

I’m no White Knight dude, but I will call you out if you spout stuff that’s incorrect or nonsensical. The fact that I even have to write this post is baffling.

(edited by MiniEquine.6014)

MiniEquine.6014

when entering the zone.

so far from reality.

Please don’t spout fallacies. A level 2 skelk never one-shots a level 80 (down-scaled to 6) wearing any level of gear. You also do not die instantly.

Have you tried the low level zones lately anyway? We’ve always been down-scaled. It was never difficult then and it sure isn’t difficult now. And no, there are plenty of people who do enjoy a challenge, so it’s not the least bit far from reality. There are plenty of people who just want to faceroll stuff too, and that’s fine, but you can’t deny there are different perspectives on the matter.

DeWolfe.2174

when entering the zone.

so far from reality.

Please don’t spout fallacies. A level 2 skelk never one-shots a level 80 (down-scaled to 6) wearing any level of gear. You also do not die instantly.

Have you tried the low level zones lately anyway? We’ve always been down-scaled. It was never difficult then and it sure isn’t difficult now. And no, there are plenty of people who do enjoy a challenge, so it’s not the least bit far from reality. There are plenty of people who just want to faceroll stuff too, and that’s fine, but you can’t deny there are different perspectives on the matter.

What’s the answer always given to players when they ask for PvE to be harder? The answer is always, where less gear! You have the choice in wearing maxed out gear or not. This discussion on the changes to level scaling is not even about perceived game difficulty, it’s about the raw stats. Stats that I paid a lot of gold to get. Not to have the Dev’s pull a bait and switch later on.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

MiniEquine.6014

when entering the zone.

so far from reality.

What’s the answer always given to players when they ask for PvE to be harder? The answer is always, where less gear! You have the choice in wearing maxed out gear or not. This discussion on the changes to level scaling is not even about perceived game difficulty, it’s about the raw stats. Stats that I paid a lot of gold to get. Not to have the Dev’s pull a bait and switch later on.

I don’t think that’s ever an official response. It is, however, an alternative fan play-style that is reasonable. If we really want to have a challenge, gear in all whites and then try it. I remember players in WoW who geared in only basic armor and weapons took on high level raids in WotLK. I believe they actually succeeded too, but it would have sure been hard.

Still, part of the benefit of being a geared 80 is that you can go literally anywhere and can play. A level 2-6 can still only survive in the starting zones, so once they step foot outside of those zones they are instantly less powerful than you by a lot. I don’t know why you would devalue your gear by saying your ability to go anywhere is pointless. You clearly worked hard for it, as did I, but downscaling has always been a major selling point in this game, so I’m not sure why any of these changes (as relatively small as they are) are surprising.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I love that every time this comes up people look at the power stat only.
The reason this is being changed the second time now is that even given this stark difference in raw power, a high level char will be more powerful and – usually – do more damage.

Yes, in raw AA-per-hit damage you might be weaker. That is a concession to the lower level char to have some faint hope of being useful compared to the downleveled level 80s.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

eldrin.6471

Some players are just that leet they don’t need stats.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

I think the OP shouldn’t be concerned about whether or not by some measure a down-leveled 80 is weaker than a nearby non-down-leveled characters. Its too much of an apples to oranges type comparison with too many nuances to account for (traits, skill, experience, equipment, etc.). That does not mean that ANet has not screwed up the downleveling/downscaling however.

I propose the “Killing Risen Brutes” test (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Risen_Brute) if you are concerned about how well ANet has handled the downscaling. The hypothesis being that no Risen Brute should be harder/take longer to kill for a down-leveled level-80 character than non-down-leveled 80 character killing a level 80 Risen Brute, I suggest the Brutes because 1) they are normal mob hit point walls and even the biggest kitten level 80 has to hit one more than once to kill it solo (no Warriors with full adrenaline at the start of the fight!); and 2) they are found 3 level ranges 3-26, 50-67 and 76-80.

Just a suggestion – personally I don’t care that much . . .

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

As others have mentioned, a lv2 compared to a downscaled lv80 is not the only concern here.

Mid level characters are now at a huge disadvantage during leveling. Gear becomes obsolete much faster, with the only solutions being to either constantly buy new gear or avoid being in a region that will downlevel you. This is not something that new and other leveling players should have to worry about. In fact, I would argue that is has great potential to discourage new players (as well as aggravate veterans.)

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Anyone who thinks a level 80 is weaker than a level 2 is the starting area just because the level 2 has more power(which is prolly cus the weopon they have equipped anyways) is hilarious.

Go out and actually play, not just look at ONE stat. In all due respect this thread is a joke.