Luck Sink in the future?

Luck Sink in the future?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

I just want to ask (again) for a Luck Sink.

I dont really care what it is , but man i get luckier and luckier everyday.

Attachments:

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Did you already max out on magic find?
Else, a good luck sink is guild exploration.

Luck Sink in the future?

DanAlcedo.3281

Did you already max out on magic find?
Else, a good luck sink is guild exploration.

maxed it out ages ago when you could make money with ecto salv.

For the Guild upgrade i used my second acc luck ;P

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There currently still is with guild decorations until the patch hits.

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

got 10mil luck waiting to be able to use for something

Attachments:

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Maybe they’ll squeak one in with the patch. We got plenty of Ascended material eaters.

Though, max luck is still a “hardcore” or “you did this to yourself” issue, so I’m not sure if ANet’s inclined to fix it just yet.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

In the end, it all depends on the percentage of players at MF cap.
I doubt that they’ll invest time in it if it’s less than one percent or something.

And I fear that it’s still a pretty rare phenomenon. I’m still pretty active (around 26k achievement points) and I’m just scrapping at +250% MF through luck, so I doubt that there are many (or any at all) casuals at cap.

Luck Sink in the future?

DanAlcedo.3281

Maybe they’ll squeak one in with the patch. We got plenty of Ascended material eaters.

Though, max luck is still a “hardcore” or “you did this to yourself” issue, so I’m not sure if ANet’s inclined to fix it just yet.

“you did this to yourself” If you mean playing the game?

All this luck is from normal gameplay no farming. Im a WvW player.

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Buy lanterns for your guild hall!

Luck Sink in the future?

Rauderi.8706

That’s bizarrely impressive. Most players that cop to it say either:
They salvaged ecto to get to max early on
They’ve played ‘regularly’ since launch and still don’t have +200% MF.

I hadn’t imagined WvW to be that lucrative.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Luck Sink in the future?

DanAlcedo.3281

Even if being at 300% Cap is something rare (which should be not the case with all the loot anet is throwing at us) there will be a day where most people will be at cap.

Its the same with Bloodstone dust(which has a sink) or Lvl up Books (which need also a sink or a usefull spirit shard sink).

You just get it. Stack per Stack. Day per Day.

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I do appreciate the delete option for stacks of things that don’t have any worth. My game time is to valuable to worry about hoarding or what ‘might be’ some day.

SBI

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I think his guildhall would be visible from space…

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I stopped adding luck to my character since WP said it doesnt do anything to your account.

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

I have 2 guilds you can join and donate a stack or 2 of luck.

Luck Sink in the future?

Rauderi.8706

Even if being at 300% Cap is something rare (which should be not the case with all the loot anet is throwing at us) there will be a day where most people will be at cap.

Its the same with Bloodstone dust(which has a sink) or Lvl up Books (which need also a sink or a usefull spirit shard sink).

You just get it. Stack per Stack. Day per Day.

Indeed. That’s why I support some kind of purging method.

Vendor, honestly. We need more daily-purchase vendors for this sort of thing. We’ve gotten too many eaters. They clog up inventory space and are clunky to use.

For any item we just have waaay too much of, there should be a vendor somewhere to help shovel it off into something useful. Luck, airship oil, blade shards, etc.

For a luck vendor, turn in exotic luck by the hundred to get a random rare/exotic drop. Or random pile of T2-5 cloth/leather mingled with junk items. It’s easy to set a scale to the point where salvaging that much stuff doesn’t outpace the reward. Make the output dependent on Magic Find, so it justifies still investing in it.

Each of the HoT ascended mats could be traded in for the local currency, similarly to how bloodstone/petr.wood/berries become magic.

Stuff like that. We’re getting so much “worthless” stuff that it wastes our time and makes the game feel even more unrewarding than it is.

Many alts; handle it!

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I got the magic find cap like a week before lunar new year and still managed to donate around a thousand red lanterns to my guild hall. I fear how I’m going to handle luck in the future, I think I’ll end up having to delete.

Would it be unreasonable to raise the magic find cap from 300 to 400, but have each level cost a stupid high amount? I don’t really notice a difference at 300 as it is.

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

I’ve donated roughly 2500 lanterns to the guild hall so far and I’ll just keep going! The only thing I want out of all this is the ability to buy more than one at a time and to be able to salvage a stack or unit-stack (ie any stacked item like ectoplasms, either 2-250) in one go via that right-click and select (or click on it with the salvage tool active and it’ll ask you if you want to salvage all yes/no).

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Each of the HoT ascended mats could be traded in for the local currency, similarly to how bloodstone/petr.wood/berries become magic.

Although I agree with your entire suggestion, I really, really, really like this part of your idea, I have stacks of those clogging my bank, no use for them but at the same time i don’t want to get rid of them just in case I do need them later. It’s be nice if it was a two way system too allowing you to convert Airship Oil to Airship Parts and back (in case you need them later).

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Most players that cop to it say either:

I’ve been playing since launch. My main account has nearly 6000 hours played and 22kAP, just to give an idea of activity levels. I only hit 200% MF yesterday.

Even so, I’d be glad of an alternative use for the luck motes. If MF makes any difference at all it’s so minimal it has no effect whatsoever on my enjoyment of the game. I’d rather have a few of those random bags to open like you get from Princess any day. Those are fun.

Luck Sink in the future?

Rauderi.8706

Most players that cop to it say either:

I’ve been playing since launch. My main account has nearly 6000 hours played and 22kAP, just to give an idea of activity levels. I only hit 200% MF yesterday.

Even so, I’d be glad of an alternative use for the luck motes. If MF makes any difference at all it’s so minimal it has no effect whatsoever on my enjoyment of the game. I’d rather have a few of those random bags to open like you get from Princess any day. Those are fun.

Sounds pretty close to my playtime numbers. I think I’m somewhere over 5k hours, 21.5k AP, and I’m still not at +200%. I’m not stressing it, either. Mostly because it feels so invisible and I’m still not getting decent loot.

I’d save up my essence if there were an appropriate vendor (I almost said “eater”, let’s not have more of those…) for it. It doesn’t even have to be all that certain on the results, just give us a way to siphon off that and all the other items that build up for no reason.

I’m not sensing the most elegant solutions being put into place, to be honest.
The eaters are inventory bloat and siphon only a limited amount per day, so more eaters were added. Luck is overflowing and can come from every salvage, especially ecto. Ascended materials used to be rare, but now they come out of farmable areas, again to overflowing. Even getting the byproducts of the eaters goes back into the “bag within a bag” issue that may players and wrists complain about.

The whole shebang could have been simplified by placing vendors in strategic spots, like near the mastery vendors for oil/dust/ley or Lion’s Arch for almost everything else (ascended mats, luck, blade shards, green runes/sigils). If there’s a need to temper its market impact, limit transactions per day. Boom, done. The players will drive it from there.

Many alts; handle it!

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I stopped adding luck to my character since WP said it doesnt do anything to your account.

That’s a shame since that’s not what he said. WP said it depended on what you do in-game.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Luck Sink in the future?

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

wvw drops luck and ascended crafting materials like they are pieces of copper i get a stack of blood stone every day i play.