Luck Sink past 300%

Luck Sink past 300%

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Would love to see a luck sink introduced in game at 300% for all the excess salvage luck acquired that as far as I can tell is completely useless past that point.

Until then I’ll just save all the luck on a storage toon, like I did with the plethora of ascended gear items I’ve received over the past couple yrs that I felt too bad about destroying and magically a couple yrs later is actually meaningful coming up in HoT.

If this topic interests you please contribute some Ideas about possible sinks for luck going forward.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

you dident destroy ascended stuff you sold it for a hand full of silvers, i wouldent be against them making luck be sold for 1 copper each.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

Greed knows no bounds.

There are 2 scenario’s which allowed you to cap mf to 300%

• You are filthy rich and bought your way to 300% mf through ToT bags or whatever means
  • You salvage items bought from the TP to resale the broken down materials for a profit

There is zero reason to give people gold (because that is what this sink is about, turning something you have no use for into something profitable) for essence of luck, non.

But here is an idea:

• Turn in a stack of exotic essence of luck for a stack of bloodstone dust/dragonite ore/empyreal fragments

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

maybe a stack of some kind of luck can net you a spirit shard.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Or a “Exotic Essences of Luck” eater (like Princess, Star, Mawdrey)

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

It just needs to be raised to 500%. With exponential increases in the amount of luck required it would end up taking a very long time to reach it.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

You can actually use your essences of luck to make the Ram backpack (exotic version). You get about 70s for a stack of masterwork essences of luck

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

It just needs to be raised to 500%. With exponential increases in the amount of luck required it would end up taking a very long time to reach it.

I said this along time ago, and it was shot down by the casuals who only play a few hours a week complaining how some people would just beable to cap it out again at the new level, and give them an unfair advantage, sadly until Anet pull away from the CASUAL player and realize there are more dedicated players do not expect a change,

Also, I don’t know how Anet is planning on rewards going forward, it looks like more and more loot will come from chests in which case MF is a dead stat, and will probably be removed in the long run, Anet is very very hush when it comes to communication around MF.

Lastly, it should never have been capped, just increased, keep it how it is until 300% then

300-399 – 60k per 1%
400-499 – 90k per 1%
500-599 – 120k per 1%

It makes it a massive time sink, and would take along time to hit, YES there would be a few who would reach it fast as they are either rich ingame, or playing the TP, but you will always have them people, if it wasn’t for them people you wouldn’t get half your research into drop rates that you desire.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Greed knows no bounds.

• You are filthy rich and bought your way to 300% mf through ToT bags or whatever means
  • You salvage items bought from the TP to resale the broken down materials for a profit

There is zero reason to give people gold (because that is what this sink is about, turning something you have no use for into something profitable) for essence of luck, non.

There are other means of capping MF. It “happened” to me when I crafted my first two legendaries + lots of the “expensive” t6 agony infusions – no profit there. It was for my own use. Since I upgraded t5 to t6 mats for that and salvaging ectos was cheaper than straight out buying dust back then, it was only a matter of time until I hit the cap.

But here’s the thing: the reason why a person already has hit the cap should not be the deciding factor for whether or not a luck sink will be added to the game. Regardless of when you hit the cap, as soon as you do, there is a useless material using up inventory and bank space. I even stopped salvaging items because it is annoying to clear up my inventory of luck every single time and I generally don’t throw things away, which could some day become useful again in some way (see ascended rings, bloodstone dust, etc.). Sooner or later, you will also run into this (or at least a similar) problem.

This has nothing to do with greed. I don’t expect any profit from a luck sink, just some kind of use for the material.

But here is an idea:

• Turn in a stack of exotic essence of luck for a stack of bloodstone dust/dragonite ore/empyreal fragments

I’m not sure whether this was some kind of joke or a serious suggestion, but I would be totally OK with that. At least I’d have some use for my stacks of luck.

Luck Sink past 300%

Setz.9675

Greed knows no bounds.

There are other means of capping MF. It “happened” to me when I crafted my first two legendaries + lots of the “expensive” t6 agony infusions – no profit there. It was for my own use. Since I upgraded t5 to t6 mats for that and salvaging ectos was cheaper than straight out buying dust back then, it was only a matter of time until I hit the cap.

But here’s the thing: the reason why a person already has hit the cap should not be the deciding factor for whether or not a luck sink will be added to the game. Regardless of when you hit the cap, as soon as you do, there is a useless material using up inventory and bank space. I even stopped salvaging items because it is annoying to clear up my inventory of luck every single time and I generally don’t throw things away, which could some day become useful again in some way (see ascended rings, bloodstone dust, etc.). Sooner or later, you will also run into this (or at least a similar) problem.

This has nothing to do with greed. I don’t expect any profit from a luck sink, just some kind of use for the material.

But here is an idea:

I’m not sure whether this was some kind of joke or a serious suggestion, but I would be totally OK with that. At least I’d have some use for my stacks of luck.

You made profit while gaining essence of luck, I fail to see why you need to get more profit afterwards for an item which sole purpose is to get players to 300% mf and that’s it. It was introduced because mf gear was selfish and others had to literally carry players while gaining less themself.

At the end of it all, if you have 300% mf, essence of luck served it purpose and you bunch are too greedy.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

They should replace Luck of Essence drop for an additional small chance at getting a specific T6. :P

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Regimentz.3471

Regimentz.3471

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

Good thing not all players are salty for no reason like this guy god forbid it affects players besides him.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

People who chose to rush MF to cap did it by their own choice ( Halloween’s bags, tp hunt, etc ), but the most of ppls have still a long way to go.

But i understand that for 300% base MF it’s a pain in the kitten continue dropping essences.

Just let em stop drop dust from salvage would be enough.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Just use that wonderful button and get rid of it. There are lots of other useless items in the game- do you stockpile that rubbish too?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

They could add a vender were you could exchange a stack of luck in for a luck booster. That way they are not getting gold but there is still a use for luck after you cap it.

Luck Sink past 300%

Setz.9675

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

Good thing not all players are salty for no reason like this guy god forbid it affects players besides him.

Someone disagrees with me, better call him salty without providing any arguments why essense of luck should get a sink.

Just a question, how do I get to Neverland? Might as well ask an inhabitant.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

That way they are not getting gold but there is still a use for luck after you cap it.

That’s one of the problems.

Like the old yellow transmutation stones ( i saved up to 2 stacks, but many people thrashed em and when changes came, they gone mad about it ).

ANET should say something about soon as possible.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Regimentz.3471

Regimentz.3471

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

Someone disagrees with me, better call him salty without providing any arguments why essense of luck should get a sink.

I’m sorry you’re right your opinion matters special little flower bless your heart may all your dreams come true but not other peoples.

Luck Sink past 300%

Rayti.6531

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

That’s an interesting statement for someone, who posted something that mostly translates into “someone reached 300 MF before me – better call them greedy regardless of how they reached the cap, what kind of luck sink they expect (profit generating or not…) etc.”.

You also didn’t provide any arguments why there should not be a sink (calling everyone who disagrees with you greedy is not a valid argument btw.).

Let’s just be glad that the decision in that regard isn’t made by you but by people who actually know whether it is a good idea to have useless items in the game and in what extend a sink for said items would affect the economy of the game. The fact that there already are some recipes that use luck essences shows that those people at least think there should be other uses for luck. It’s just a question of whether there will be additional ones to make the sink for the huge amounts of luck you get from different sources more efficient…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Luck Sink past 300%

Setz.9675

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

That’s an interesting statement for someone, who posted something that mostly translates into “someone reached 300 MF before me – better call them greedy regardless of how they reached the cap, what kind of luck sink they expect (profit generating or not…) etc.”.

You also didn’t provide any arguments why there should not be a sink (calling everyone who disagrees with you greedy is not a valid argument btw.).

Let’s just be glad that the decision in that regard isn’t made by you but by people who actually know whether it is a good idea to have useless items in the game and in what extend a sink for said items would affect the economy of the game. The fact that there already are some recipes that use luck essences shows that those people at least think there should be other uses for luck. It’s just a question of whether there will be additional ones to make the sink for the huge amounts of luck you get from different sources more efficient…

sigh, I also said in this thread that the only reason why essense of luck is even in the game is because magic find gear was selfish towards other players that did not use that gear and were doing more overal while getting less.
To that extent, essence of luck and reaching 300% MF served it’s purpose. There is zero reason to give it additional value beside its use to magic find.

No one here in this thread gives arguments why essence of luck should get additional sinks other than ‘I hit the mf cap, now I want more’. It’s just not a valid argument because the sole purpose we got essence of luck is to reach 300%.

It’s like saying: ‘’I have 100% map completion, now I want items for discovering the things I have already discovered’’.

(edited by Setz.9675)

Luck Sink past 300%

simplesimon.2084

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

sigh, I also said in this thread that the only reason why essense of luck is even in the game is because magic find gear was selfish towards other players that did not use that gear and were doing more overal while getting less.
To that extent, essence of luck and reaching 300% MF served it’s purpose. There is zero reason to give it additional value beside its use to magic find.

No one here in this thread gives arguments why essence of luck should get additional sinks others than ‘I hit the mf cap, now I want more’. It’s just not a valid argument because the sole purpose we get essence of luck is to reach 300%.

Everything that drops should have a use. Even if it is small like a few copper to a vendor. For these people there is currently no use for luck

Luck Sink past 300%

Setz.9675

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

No one here in this thread gives arguments why essence of luck should get additional sinks others than ‘I hit the mf cap, now I want more’. It’s just not a valid argument because the sole purpose we get essence of luck is to reach 300%.

Everything that drops should have a use. Even if it is small like a few copper to a vendor. For these people there is currently no use for luck

gray items want to have a word with you, also essense of luck has uses untill you hit 300% after that its a gray item

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Make it so when a toon is flagged as having 300% MF (without buffs) salvaging just stops creating the essences of luck.

BG

Luck Sink past 300%

simplesimon.2084

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

gray items want to have a word with you, also essense of luck has uses untill you hit 300% after that its a gray item

If your refer to junk items they can be sold or turned in to heart collectors. Now there is a bug where a few heart items continue to drop even after the heart is completed, but that is a bug.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

They did have Mawdrey require some 1000 Luck’s to be made I believe… maybe they’ll make it a general requirement for some sort of advanced crafting.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Here is an argument for why there should be a luck sink.

Currently everything in game that drops has some sort of purpose. There is always some type of sink for items that eventually you gather too much of. Fractal relics, karma, bloodstone dust etc. They all have a sink you can spend them on. While the reward isn’t that great, certainly not as great as using the “resource” for its intended purpose, at least there is still something to do with these drops after you have already used the resource for its intended purpose exhaustively.

And yes even junk items have a purpose. They can be used for a collection then sold. Some junk items are even worth a bit of gold.

Edit. Now if there are any counter arguments please lets here them. I can’t really think of any. So I am curious to what Setz is talking about.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

I’d rather they just remove MF other than it being an active buff to players who participate in events in maps like the one you get in The Silverwastes, but would degrade over a period of time based on how long you’re AFK or playing long enough that diminishing returns kicks in.

Or just have luck essences stop dropping to people who are capped and all the recipes that require essence of luck can be altered to require another abundant material.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Here is an argument for why there should be a luck sink.

Currently everything in game that drops has some sort of purpose. There is always some type of sink for items that eventually you gather too much of. Fractal relics, karma, bloodstone dust etc. They all have a sink you can spend them on. While the reward isn’t that great, certainly not as great as using the “resource” for its intended purpose, at least there is still something to do with these drops after you have already used the resource for its intended purpose exhaustively.

And yes even junk items have a purpose. They can be used for a collection then sold. Some junk items are even worth a bit of gold.

Edit. Now if there are any counter arguments please lets here them. I can’t really think of any. So I am curious to what Setz is talking about.

Every type of luck has a purpose beyond increasing MF.

Exotic essences are used for creating Mawdrey. Lesser essences can be refined toward exotic and indirectly contribute to creating Mawdrey.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

How about increase MF to 600…the game grew, so should this.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The lucky ram backpack mystic forge recipe requires luck essences.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’ve previously suggested that throwing in a stack of Exotic Luck Essence should double your chance at a Mystic Forge promotion (so you’d throw in 3 Rares and 250 Exotic Luck Essence in the Forge and you’d have a 40% chance of getting an Exotic back).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

Why is there so much hate towards those who have money or make profit on those forums, what’s wrong with that? I don’t get it, if you don’t want to accept that people are sometimes BETTER, LUCKIER, or SMARTER than you, you should find people who are the contrary of that and only hang around them.

On topic, Yes a luck sink should be added, I like the idea of turning luck into shards, it could be something like 25k luck to 1 shard, but still be something high so that people don’t just convert to shards and not level their MF

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It would be pretty nice if we could purchase the temporary guild magic find buffs (similar to the once bought with influence now) with essences of luck,

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Luck Sink past 300%

Andraus.3874

Creating mawdry isn’t a sink. That’s like saying creating ascended armor is a sink for bloodstone dust. You make mawdry once. You make ascended maybe a few times but your sole purpose for making ascended is not to get rid of excess resources. Now lucky Rams were meant to be a sink but its rather temporary. Eventually when more people hit 300 that won’t be a viable option anymore.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Right now it’s too early to put in extra luck sinks or increase the magic find cap. Those who have hit the cap already are probably only a small percent of the population. It’s not going to be until a sizable percent of the vets have hit the cap that this will be addressed. There is really not much point in the devs spending time to change the system if only a small percent is affected by it. After enough have hit the cap and have luck sitting in inventories, then you’ll see them adding something like a luck eater or new recipes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Luck Sink past 300%

Andraus.3874

Right now it’s too early to put in extra luck sinks or increase the magic find cap. Those who have hit the cap already are probably only a small percent of the population. It’s not going to be until a sizable percent of the vets have hit the cap that this will be addressed. There is really not much point in the devs spending time to change the system if only a small percent is affected by it. After enough have hit the cap and have luck sitting in inventories, then you’ll see them adding something like a luck eater or new recipes.

Yeah I agree. However if the sink item ate your luck without you having to upcraft it and click it over and over. I honestly would use it fairly often. I’m at 210 and never did the salvage ecto thing. I know it gets really slow now so no idea how much longer it will take me to get to 300 but my guess would be about 2 years.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I propose a Kitten mini pet for turning in your unwanted luck, so your all…
~Kitten Out Of Luck~

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

The problem there is those mats drop so much they’re actually a liability due to how much space they take up. Maybe turn them into linen or silk instead?

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Maybe we could start trading them in for hero points?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There’s got to be an optional sink for luck essences. That, or make it so essence of luck stop dropping once you reach 300%.

And no, this isn’t a “rich player problem”. This is your problem. You will reach 300% magic find one day. Most players just aren’t there yet, but we are all marching down toward that inevitable cliff of inconvenience that useless luck essence carves out of the mountains.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Lol, people saying that they shouldn’t have “rushed” MF etc. Anyone who was around when it was introduced and wanted to have 300% could easily have it by now. If you’re very casual (which is most players), then no, you wouldn’t have it maxed yet.

I wonder what percentage of the playerbase has all of their characters in ascended gear. Almost certainly a minority, yet we still have eaters for ascended mats. Just put out something that eats those 250 luck clumps and call it a day. I’m ok with increasing the cap as well as long as the drops in game wouldn’t need to be rebalanced again and thus mess up the casuals.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

Okay, this argument annoys me. Regardless of whether or not someone rushed their progress on magic find, the fact remains it has a finite ceiling. After which the items it was created to give a point don’t have any use again. So there has always been a need for a sink for luck. I could see this when the system was introduced so why couldn’t Anet?

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

Okay, this argument annoys me. Regardless of whether or not someone rushed their progress on magic find, the fact remains it has a finite ceiling. After which the items it was created to give a point don’t have any use again. So there has always been a need for a sink for luck. I could see this when the system was introduced so why couldn’t Anet?

Luck was added September 3, 2013, so slightly over 2 years, wow such a rush.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Most games of this type end up with pointless or useless stuff in your inventory at some point. The solution is to have a mostly pointless thing to do with it.

Discarding stuff from the inventory always feels wrong. How about renaming that option “Recycle” and giving us some (useless) “recycler” points. It would be exactly the same as discarding stuff except we’d be able to see a gradually increasing arbitrary points total for our account. I guess you could even attach a title to it if you wanted.

Or, yeah, just let us sell stuff to a merchant for 1 copper per thing, regardless of bound-ness. It will never make us rich but at least will feel as if we are not just wasting stuff.

Luck Sink past 300%

Setz.9675

43 posts and no one suggesting they should just unbound essence of luck so it can be sold on the trading post.

Luck Sink past 300%

Rayti.6531

43 posts and no one suggesting they should just unbound essence of luck so it can be sold on the trading post.

Wouldn’t that be kinda greedy?

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. :-)

Seriously though: that way people who already capped MF could make profit from those who couldn’t cap MF by now. Also it would most likely result in more people salvaging ectoplasm, since it’s the most reliable way to get huge amounts of luck essences (and therefore would pay off again – which isn’t the case right now). That would further inflate the ectoplasm price, etc. etc.

In other words: I think it would affect the economy, depending on how much gold people are willing to pay for the luck essences. Also, it would only partly solve the problem, since more and more people would reach the cap that way. As soon as this happens, luck would have no value (again), since there wouldn’t be an incentive to buy it on the TP anymore. We would be back to our original problem and need a luck sink again.

Maybe making luck an equivalent to junk items would be enough for now. Just let them be sold with the “sell junk” button and give a few copper in return – that would be the most convenient way to just get rid of the stacks which result from salvaging. Anything better than that (like further recipes, an “eater”, whatever) would be a nice extra, but not necessary at all – at least in my opinion.

Also, adding the recipe for converting exo to legendary luck would help those people who still want to hold on to the luck, just in case the cap will be raised in the future. That would free up lots of space in our bank…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

First off, I got 300% without really spending all that much gold, probably around 80g to finish it off. Second, a stack of exotic essences of luck (before 300% MF) is wayyy more valuable that a stack of bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, or empyreal fragments. After 300% MF, the last thing you want to get is even MORE ascended mats, since yes, there are sinks, (Mawdrey, Princess, etc), but they can only consume a certain amount of mats per day.

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

New Mystic Forge recipe

250 Exotic Luck Essence
1 Philosopher Stone
1 Mystic Coin
1 Black Lion Chest

into

1 Black Lion Key

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Greed knows no bounds.

But here is an idea:

First off, I got 300% without really spending all that much gold, probably around 80g to finish it off. Second, a stack of exotic essences of luck (before 300% MF) is wayyy more valuable that a stack of bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, or empyreal fragments. After 300% MF, the last thing you want to get is even MORE ascended mats, since yes, there are sinks, (Mawdrey, Princess, etc), but they can only consume a certain amount of mats per day.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do to get 300%? Buy large numbers of low cost blues? Salvage ectos?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It was always a mistake to make luck a physical item, imo. I’d rather they just have your MF% increase by the appropriate amount with each salvage.