Luck Sink past 300%

Luck Sink past 300%

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dinsy.2491

Dinsy.2491

There’s a lot of comments here along the lines of “You chose to get max you deserve nothing”. I don’t get the negativity towards people who are just playing the game. Regardless of how quickly they got to 300% they did so playing the game and they are getting more luck items now because they are still playing the game.

This is the same situation that T7 materials were in, players who played a lot had an excess that was mostly useless to them. Anet added sinks, which I and players I know were very thankful for, so why is the same solution to basically the same problem for luck a bad thing?

Let’s not forget that eventually people who didn’t rush will also hit the 300% cap and will then also be getting pointless items that just build up. It makes sense to either add a use for these items after 300 or to stop them dropping once the cap is reached, which isn’t really possible while some recipes require them.

Personally I’m only at 202% so it’ll be a while before I’m in the same boat but I’d like to see, as mentioned above, an item like the T7 consumers that eats luck and spits out random junk, possibly rewarded once you hit 300%. There’s nothing wrong with people getting more because they put more time or effort in.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Im still not convinced that luck has any effect at all. Think i have around 175% MF and most of my drops are whites and blues.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I got an idea which fixes this problem as well as the one with not having any kind of death penalty:

First things first; make dying actually a penalty
-remove armor repair merchants and anvil from exportable zones; keep them in your home instance, and as an upgrade for guild, halls.
-damaged/broken armor cannot be unequipped.
-damaged/broken armor cannot be salvaged
-damaged/broken armor cannot have new upgrades applied to it
-damaged armor will lose upgrade effectiveness; as more armor gets damaged, runes will be “downgraded” to the next lowest tier (Superior will have the same effectiveness as major once two of the six armor pieces are broken, major will have the same effectiveness as minor, etch)
-Further more, for ascended (and when it’s released, legendary) armor
—Damaged ascended armor loses agony resistance
—damaged legendary armor cannot have its stats changed

Now in order to repair your armor:
-Up to exotic, use essence of luck to repair your armor. For ascended and legendary pieces, you have to use globs of dark matter; you cannot repair armor with a lower tier essence of luck than the piece being repaired (ex you can’t repair exotic armor with masterwork luck)
-If you find a place of power, you can commune with that place of power to repair your armor (4 hour cool down on that)

In this system, it incentivizes you to go out and play the content, instead of just running to the anvil at the start of the dungeons, or exiting to Dessa’s lab for fractals.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Kittening hell, no.

All of that is just busy work. Why would we want to add more tedium and micromanagement in order to deal with excesses of an item that currently causes minor inconvenience?

Beyond that, raising the stakes that high would cause an unprecedented level of elitism and selfish game play.

(edited by Jahroots.6791)

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

We had another thread about this, and in that thread I suggested that luck past 300% be put in to a repeatable achievement track like agent of entropy.

This keeps it from influencing the economy, doesn’t create a situation in which uncapped MF players have a reason to not eat luck for MF, and funnels ongoing luck in to one of the only systems in the game designed around endless uncapped advancement.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

New Mystic Forge recipe

250 Exotic Luck Essence
1 Philosopher Stone
1 Mystic Coin
1 Black Lion Chest

into

1 Black Lion Key

Great idea, or one ticket scrap.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Greed knows no bounds.

no, you mean jealousy.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I got an idea which fixes this problem as well as the one with not having any kind of death penalty:

-remove armor repair merchants and anvil from exportable zones; keep them in your home instance, and as an upgrade for guild, halls.
-damaged armor will lose upgrade effectiveness; as more armor gets damaged, runes will be “downgraded” to the next lowest tier (Superior will have the same effectiveness as major once two of the six armor pieces are broken, major will have the same effectiveness as minor, etch)

-Up to exotic, use essence of luck to repair your armor. For ascended and legendary pieces, you have to use globs of dark matter; you cannot repair armor with a lower tier essence of luck than the piece being repaired (ex you can’t repair exotic armor with masterwork luck)
-If you find a place of power, you can commune with that place of power to repair your armor (4 hour cool down on that)

In this system, it incentivizes you to go out and play the content, instead of just running to the anvil at the start of the dungeons, or exiting to Dessa’s lab for fractals.

..no, that would incentivize me to quit the game, or possibly climb a bell tower and snipe people. But seriously, I think you’re missing the point of a dungeon. The fun part is playing the dungeon, not the administration of the entrance requirements. Then again, if administration gets you hot, power to you.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

This really sounds like a bad idea as a luck sink, it wouldn’t be fun. I do like the idea of maybe turning luck into a low quantity armor repair kit of some sort.

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

New Mystic Forge recipe

250 Exotic Luck Essence
1 Philosopher Stone
1 Mystic Coin
1 Black Lion Chest

into

1 Black Lion Key

Great idea, or one ticket scrap.

When told to a friend, he first thought that it was an announcement from Heart of Thorn and was very disapointed when I explained that it was just an idea

I would like the ticket scrap too, but I doubt Arena.net would agree to give people a way to bypass the “random lottery” of BL keys. That’s why I suggested it give only a key

Luck Sink past 300%

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Greed knows no bounds.

There are 2 scenario’s which allowed you to cap mf to 300%

• You are filthy rich and bought your way to 300% mf through ToT bags or whatever means
  • You salvage items bought from the TP to resale the broken down materials for a profit

There is zero reason to give people gold (because that is what this sink is about, turning something you have no use for into something profitable) for essence of luck, non.

But here is an idea:

• Turn in a stack of exotic essence of luck for a stack of bloodstone dust/dragonite ore/empyreal fragments

Or you open lot of ToT bags and sell the stuff from it with profit and then repeat (cant do it atm do the price of ToT bag).