Luck: how to increase it the best way?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revan.4653

Revan.4653

What is the fastest/ cheapest way to get essences of Luck to increase Luck attribute?

Posted by: Opal.9830

Opal.9830

Use Crude salvage kits on blue and green gear.

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

Salvage everything. Run with the zerg in WvW or champion farm for items.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Buy ecto/salvage rares for ecto, then salvage ecto, then sell t6 dust and eat the luck!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Buy ecto/salvage rares for ecto, then salvage ecto, then sell t6 dust and eat the luck!

This, not really cheapest up-front but best overall.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

cheapest = buy select blue/green gear and salvage with crude kit. I’m usually able to make a profit while getting luck.
fastest = buy ectos and salvage with master salvage kit, then sell the dust. This will cost you about 7c per luck (2940g to get to 300%).

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

20 slot bags get filled from single dungeon runs, just run dungeons and salvage everything. maybe not the fastest but is steady progress

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Salvage, salvage, salvage. I’ve been surprised by how quickly the MF has gone up. Taking MF off gear was one of the better decisions Anet made in its first year. And, putting it on the account was brilliant.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Cheapest and best way to increase luck that I know is to first farm lots and lots of champion boxes, then open the champion boxes, salvage all the greens that will come out, craft the essence of lucks to exotic quality, and spam click all the exotic essence of lucks.

I currently have 164% magic find. I farmed champions endlessly for my legendary weapon. I got tons of essence of luck for salvaging (I use Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic which can be bought from gem store) green items that I get from champion boxes. I’m not going to try to 300% magic find just yet. Farming is way too exhausting. Well, that is how you increase your luck and magic find cheapest and the best way I guess.

Attachments:

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I salvage all my blues and greens with basic salvage kits. I’m up to 90% luck so far, and I don’t really farm, just play events, monthly content, WvW, etc.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

As everyone is saying salvage everything you get, once I got MF to 70% I stopped salvaging masterwork items and went back to vending them on the TP but I continue to salvage fines and rares selling the ectos on the TP for $$$ and collecting the mats and luck from the fines. The reason I stopped at 70% is that while it’s still climbing by just salvaging fines and with misc buffs it’s easy to get over 100%, from there on out to 300% the ROI to me isn’t worth the sacrifice in salvaging everything but your mileage may be different.

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

[quote=3169194;Raine.1394:]

Posted by: Drizzt.2069

Drizzt.2069

I’ve done my own research (your mileage will vary person to person) but roughly what i’ve found if you go down the ecto route is this.

50x Green Item Salvage is about 2s 24c with a yield of 27 +/- in Luck.
50x Blue Item Salvage is about 01s 61c with a yield of 9 +/- in luck
10x Ecto’s Salvage is about 37s with a yield of 105 +/- in luck.

Which basically also means that if you convert to stacks of x200 luck:

Green: 34.1 (16s 44c approx)
Blue : 11.9 (33s 96c approx)
Ecto: 26.3 (70s 34c approx).

At the time of writing i have approx 4,021,790 luck to go before i pop my 300% cherry… which means it will cost going down the ecto route roughly:

Green: 3306g 47s 75c
Blue: 6828g 04s 91c
Ecto: 14145g 07s 89c

Now if i salvage the Ecto and sell the Piles’s of dust that comes out of that i’d likely end up actually spending 776g 77s 51c once the entire TP reconciles the selling vs salvaging (given on avg my pile of dust return per x10 ecto’s salvaged is 21 piles +/-).

Now all of this aside, I’m still a bit foggy on the entire upside or proof of “goods” in terms of whether or not Luck% actually gets me closer to top tier gear or anything of worth to justify the gamble / expense.

As from what I understand is that if you’re in area that has 1% chance of rare drop and you get 300% then you’ve really only increased that 1% by x3 times …. and i’m assuming GW2 isn’t filled with areas’s that have high drop rates given it would probably annihilate the virtual economy in-game?

Now the thing i’ve also noticed about this game is the Dungeon “LFG” is like watching WoW days in beta and any angle or commodity in-game that has a chance in hell of being of any worth or usage to help fund path-ways to success in things like Magic Find or there other is pretty much saturated in other players gaming the TP for profits – that or maybe its sites gaming the TP for Gold to then re-sell outside the GW2 exchange rate system(s).

It’s got flaws, but i guess I don’t play the game for that “awesome looking uber outfit” and more because I find the story lines interesting, graphics appealing and the various puzzles / events worth the investment in time.

I just wish there was some consistency or at the very least something about the game that is more dynamic and approachable without feeling as if i have to dedicate my life 24/7 to being in the GW2 matrix

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Cheapest is to just do more stuff. As your MF rises you get more blues and greens. Salvage and craft to exos, but hold off spamming them until you have enough to raise 1-2% each time. At 136% where I’m at, that takes about 35 exos or so. This will save your wrists.

Quickest is to spam gold in to the TP as others have said. Also, when you can get the copper salvage o matic it’s a god send.

Posted by: Drizzt.2069

Drizzt.2069

You don’t want to know how many Green/Blues it will take to pop 300% … basically if you did a dungeon a day and non-stop playing for like 12-32hrs per day in about 42 days you may if all the luck gods align… hit your quota.

Bottom line is Ecto’s are really the only way to do it, but you have to find 700g plus or minus 100g to actually achieve bliss here… assuming you can keep the ecto’s under 37s per day..they tend to fluctuate between 36 – 39s each.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Should have just started a new thread :P. Anyways you failed to take into account TP tax. You can profit from salvaging green/blues and sell back the high valued crafting mats (t3-4 cloth/leather). Even after you sell the dust you will lose money from buying ecto. Buying hundreds of cheap mid-level, cloth/leather greens daily should still be profitable. The green/blue you should buy are the one mentioned in the crafting guides since they were always very abundance.

When I maxed luck it took less time/money than I expected with the amount of green I could buy and salvage daily. It took 3months instead of the year I thought it would take. Btw: 73% mf= 1% max luck, 144% mf = 10% max luck, 176% mf = 25% max luck, 225% mf = 50% max luck.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Took me 4-5 months i think, i ended split even or even with a minor profit buying greens from the TP and salvaging for luck and selling the mats on the TP.

I advice not to buy ecto`s since it might go faster but in the end you will loose out on to much money that you wont be able to offset with drops from 300% extra MF.

I wrote a comprehensive guide on how i did it, but im kinda reluctant to post it here because it has the potential to ruin the green item market if enough ppl do this. Ill check tonight how the green prices are, if its allready ridiculous enough ill post it

edit: gonna check it out tomorow, if your interested into getting 300 mf you should bookmark this. Also might make a new thread, not sure yet.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

(edited by Sandra Martino.3870)

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Not sure if the recent necro posts discuss it, but the research on the wiki indicates that kit types don’t matter. The original posters said to use master kits, but I don’t sugger wasting your gold or your fingers on that. If you have an unlimited kit, use that.