Luck isn't on my side.

Luck isn't on my side.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Hi! So I’ve played in GW2 for over 3561h now. Since the beggining I only ever found one precursor(the cheapest one) worth around 60-80g. Even when I’m lucky I seem to be unlucky. I know I should be happy, but you know, it’s 3561h, it’s a lot. I also wasted over 400g on mystic forge in attempts to get a precursor. I never got one, while my friend who barely started the game got 2 in a row in her few first attempts. Today I guested on Desolation, and apparently some guy found/made about 20 precursors already. Doesn’t it seem a bit weird? I mean, I don’t know much about RNG…but umm…why am I so unlucky? Will I ever get better luck at finding/making things?
Even events like Karka Queen, or Tequatl give me really bad rewards, I get mostly greens. I never received an exotic from neither of those bosses, while my friend got his exotic accessory 3rd time in a row(and my other friend got ascended 2nd time in a row from Karka Queen). Just…why? XD How can I be so unlucky? Is there some kind of shrine in Tyria I go to, to increase my luck?

What’s the point of this topic? I don’t know. I guess I’m hoping someone else is just as unlucky as I am. Also, if I’m in some kind of ‘rabbit-hole’ of being unlucky, will I ever get out? Will the RNG somehow reset and put me in a better spot? I’m not sure how to put this, I’m basically curious if I’ll ever start getting better loot.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

When lacking luck, play smarter to increase your wealth.

Mystic forge = lotto. Lotto requires luck. If you think you have no luck… stands to reason you shouldn’t throw your money away on it (unless you’ve done the math and reeeaaaally know how to earn profit on it in the long run).

Edit: Also, don’t worry about what other people get. Too many people worry about “keeping up with the Joneses”.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I feel you. I have some friends who are stupidly lucky. Before the magic find change, a friend of mine would get rares and exotics left and right from drops. Another friend has gotten 2-3 (can’t remember which) expensive precursors from mystic forging without trying for it.

I’ve played ~4000 hours (I think that’s the closest 1000th) and gotten maybe 6 Black Lion Keys from enemy drops. Maybe that’s where all my luck is going, haha.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

When lacking luck, play smarter to increase your wealth.

Mystic forge = lotto. Lotto requires luck. If you think you have no luck… stands to reason you shouldn’t throw your money away on it (unless you’ve done the math and reeeaaaally know how to earn profit on it in the long run).

Edit: Also, don’t worry about what other people get. Too many people worry about “keeping up with the Joneses”.

Well I stopped wasting money on it, other than occassionally putting some found rares in =( it took me almost a year to get Sunrise with hard work, my friend helped me out as well.

I feel you. I have some friends who are stupidly lucky. Before the magic find change, a friend of mine would get rares and exotics left and right from drops. Another friend has gotten 2-3 (can’t remember which) expensive precursors from mystic forging without trying for it.

I’ve played ~4000 hours (I think that’s the closest 1000th) and gotten maybe 6 Black Lion Keys from enemy drops. Maybe that’s where all my luck is going, haha.

Oh god….4000h, I can’t imagine the frustration. Well I have a magic find of over 120%, but I didn’t notice any change at all. Maybe slightly more greens. =(
I found about 3 keys through all my playthrough XD and one of them was from story mission.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You are not having any luck because you are not buying enough gems. But don’t worry, you are not alone.

This kind of RNG is what made me hate Legendaries in the first place. So instead of trying to bust my kitten and waste my time for some of the ugliest skins in the game, I am just selling everything.

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

You are not having any luck because you are not buying enough gems. But don’t worry, you are not alone.

This kind of RNG is what made me hate Legendaries in the first place. So instead of trying to bust my kitten and waste my time for some of the ugliest skins in the game, I am just selling everything.

I bought at least 6000 gems, both with real money and gold. Somehow I don’t think that’s how it works XD and if so – then kitten , I am really unlucky.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Hi! So I’ve played in GW2 for over 3561h now. Since the beggining I only ever found one precursor(the cheapest one) worth around 60-80g. Even when I’m lucky I seem to be unlucky. I know I should be happy, but you know, it’s 3561h, it’s a lot. I also wasted over 400g on mystic forge in attempts to get a precursor. I never got one, while my friend who barely started the game got 2 in a row in her few first attempts. Today I guested on Desolation, and apparently some guy found/made about 20 precursors already. Doesn’t it seem a bit weird? I mean, I don’t know much about RNG…but umm…why am I so unlucky? Will I ever get better luck at finding/making things?
Even events like Karka Queen, or Tequatl give me really bad rewards, I get mostly greens. I never received an exotic from neither of those bosses, while my friend got his exotic accessory 3rd time in a row(and my other friend got ascended 2nd time in a row from Karka Queen). Just…why? XD How can I be so unlucky? Is there some kind of shrine in Tyria I go to, to increase my luck?

What’s the point of this topic? I don’t know. I guess I’m hoping someone else is just as unlucky as I am. Also, if I’m in some kind of ‘rabbit-hole’ of being unlucky, will I ever get out? Will the RNG somehow reset and put me in a better spot? I’m not sure how to put this, I’m basically curious if I’ll ever start getting better loot.

-Hours played in game doesn’t matter. 3500 hours in WvW vs 3500 hours in dungeons vs 3500 hours in open world farming – who do you think has the most chances at looting a precursor?

-spending 400g on gambling is nothing. If it were that easier to get a precursor, they wouldn’t on average cost more than 400g.

-‘Finding’ precursors is easy if you have the money to gamble for it from the forge. If he meant getting precursors from loot, he’s BS’ing. Anyone can make up kitten on map chat.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

“do you feel like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole hmm?” -Morpheus

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

-Hours played in game doesn’t matter. 3500 hours in WvW vs 3500 hours in dungeons vs 3500 hours in open world farming – who do you think has the most chances at looting a precursor?

-spending 400g on gambling is nothing. If it were that easier to get a precursor, they wouldn’t on average cost more than 400g.

-‘Finding’ precursors is easy if you have the money to gamble for it from the forge. If he meant getting precursors from loot, he’s BS’ing. Anyone can make up kitten on map chat.

I can understand most of your points, but then again…if 400g is nothing, it sure is a giant coincidence for people to get few precursors in one day. I mean – it sure is more than enough for them, is it not? I don’t see how ‘finding precursors’ is easier if you have more money, not with my luck anyway. Are you saying the more you try the higher the chances? =P It seems for me like it’s just more money to waste, that’s why I’ve been farming to buy a precursor instead of actually making/finding one.

“do you feel like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole hmm?” -Morpheus

Also…lol xD

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s not a giant coincidence. It happens. But the only reason why it seems like it happens all the time because more people are likely to talk about their successes than failures repeatedly.

I myself have got 3 precursors over my lifetime playing this game, but the route there has been inconsistent.

http://imgur.com/a/csqYt

I threw over 1000 gold in the forge before I got my first one, Zap. 100 or so gold later I got a Dusk.

400 gold later I got another Dusk.

It’s really all RNG, and when you have a lot of capital, all it takes is to have a lucky streak to gain more gold to gamble even more, and it snowballs.

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

It’s not a giant coincidence. It happens. But the only reason why it seems like it happens all the time because more people are likely to talk about their successes than failures repeatedly.

I myself have got 3 precursors over my lifetime playing this game, but the route there has been inconsistent.

http://imgur.com/a/csqYt

I threw over 1000 gold in the forge before I got my first one, Zap. 100 or so gold later I got a Dusk.

400 gold later I got another Dusk.

It’s really all RNG, and when you have a lot of capital, all it takes is to have a lucky streak to gain more gold to gamble even more, and it snowballs.

I see x3 well I’ll stay with my long&safe&painful method of farming gold, but thank you for letting me know.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

I know I’m not lucky, so my actions involve knowing what the end result will be.

At about 2000 hours, I can’t remember, I randomly got zap from the forge, this was after using the mystic toilet, I don’t know how many times, I can’t put any kind of figure for money or attempts on it.

I knew I’d used up my luck for the rest of GW2’s game life. Since then, I’ve bought 3 more precursors for my next 3 legendaries.

I don’t use the mystic forge anymore unless it is to upgrade cores, or make mystic clovers etc.

I make money by dealing in items, resources, and content, that I know the end result to, 100% of the time. Going for my 4th legendary (3 weeks ago), I started with 100g, and like 50 ectos, and 40 of each T6 mat, half the lodestones, no precursor. In 3 weeks I’ve finished it. 400g to the precursor, 150g~ on ectos, and approx 250g for the T6 and other requirements.

To finish it in 3 weeks, starting with 100g, I’d say that aint bad.

If you know you’re unlucky, don’t play the RNG, play the guaranteed results.

I’m up to about the same amount of hours as you. I’ve had no precursor drop from a kill, loot chest, daily chest or loot bag. Yet I know people, who have played roughly the same hours as me, same frequency, and same play style for the most part, who have had 3+ precursors from kills/chests/daily chest etc, not including what the forge gave them without trying. Even someone who got Dusk and The Legend from 2 CoF P1 runs in a row, back when people farmed it. You know the ironic thing? She’d always crap on about being unlucky, I’d make a habit of pointing out the extreme luck she had compared to me and others, to which she’d say “oh yeah, I forgot about that”.

The system is a load of crap, so I choose to win my way.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It can be frustrating when so much gameplay relies on RNG, which sucks for some of us and works for others. I try to minimize my expectations accordingly, For instance, I’ve been playing since launch and haven’t had a precursor for a drop yet unlike some others that get one on average of one per month since they’re been playing. You can get rather rich that way.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

Lucia The Lightbringer.2568

I know exactly how you feel OP, 3.3k hours played, (1.2k on 2nd account) and the best thing I got as a drop was Charrzooka rifle, which was at the time 10 gold. I get some exotics here and there but they’re mostly less than 1 gold. I tried mixing weapons in the forge, that was a huge money sink. I don’t want a legendary so I was trying to make a precursor to make some easy gold. Nope! RNG hates me and I hate it.

You’re not a real dragon. You just look like one around the eyes.
#SkrittBackpacks

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Let me put to rest any idea that buying gems increases luck. I spend A LOT on gems, and have almost 2k hours in to the game, and have yet to get a precursor out of the MF or a drop. Best drops I’ve ever had were 2 ascended armor boxes (both in 1 week), which ended up costing me a fortune when I pretty much built toons to use them, because … ya… ANet doesn’t let anything useful drop for ascended. Maybe had 2-3 keys drop in over a year. You are not alone OP. There are like, 1% of players that are super lucky and super rich; the rest of us just play the game knowing we aren’t one of those people.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Whats a precursor? What is this ascended and exotics of which you speak? I thought rare was the highest tier, since it is the best I get aside from greens and lots of blues.

I played since headstart, and never gotten anything of real value, only very rarely gotten exotics. So you are definitely not the only one with bad luck, I have long accepted that my luck is somewhere down a dumpster, and if I ever get something of any value I will fall down my chair and go into a state of chok for at least 30 minutes.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

You got a precursor at all. Be happy. I have more hours logged than you and have never gotten one as a drop….bought both of mine.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Why are these threads always posted by people with incredibly lucky friends? The kind who can hold out both hands and a valuable exotic will fall out of the sky into one hand, and a precursor into the other?

I know it’s impossible to lie on the internet, but neither situation fits with my observations of the game, so it’s becoming harder and harder to accept these anecdotes as being realistic.

On the other hand, it offers a fix for those who complain about the lack of decent loot – find out what server these posters play on, then guest there and follow them around for a day. At least 1500g worth of loot is guaranteed to every player who is not that person.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I feel your pain OP. I’ve got around 150% MF and I still get lots of white drops and mostly blue/green drops. I’ll go 3-4 weeks without seeing an exotic drop and outside of world boss chests I’m lucky to get 1 rare a week. Either MF is borken or RNG hates me.

Either way it kinda ruins the feel of the game knowing no matter how hard I work the rewards will rarely equal the work because of RNG. I had a lot of hope for the MF change but I my drops haven’t gotten any better since then.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yoroiookami: I think it is all a matter of perspective.

~3500hrs here since Pre-launch. All in open-world PvE (no dungeons or fractals)

• Number of Precursors dropped = Zero
  • Number of Ascended Boxes dropped = Zero
  • Recently threw 88 Rares into the MF, number of upgrades to exotic = Zero
  • Number of BL Key drops between Wintersday ’12 and Today = One

So do I consider myself Lucky? No, not in that context but there are other things to consider.

• I have gotten over 100 Exotic drops in the last year
  • I got an Abyss dye to drop and Black dye to drop the next day
  • Got a GreatSaw surprise from Halloween
  • All 5 of my characters are in full exotics or better
  • And, I have a great bunch of Guildies to play with.

So do I consider myself Lucky. You bet ya
It’s just a matter of perspective

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

the mf droprate is definitly not connected to buying gems…. and if then it doesnt work properly

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

It can be frustrating when so much gameplay relies on RNG, which sucks for some of us and works for others. I try to minimize my expectations accordingly, For instance, I’ve been playing since launch and haven’t had a precursor for a drop yet unlike some others that get one on average of one per month since they’re been playing. You can get rather rich that way.

Omg, since launch? o_o That is extremely unlucky.

I know exactly how you feel OP, 3.3k hours played, (1.2k on 2nd account) and the best thing I got as a drop was Charrzooka rifle, which was at the time 10 gold. I get some exotics here and there but they’re mostly less than 1 gold. I tried mixing weapons in the forge, that was a huge money sink. I don’t want a legendary so I was trying to make a precursor to make some easy gold. Nope! RNG hates me and I hate it.

Awww! Well it’s good to know that there is someone with even less luck than me. I definitely dislike the currect RNG, however it works. I just finished Tequatl&Karka Queen on my lvl 62 Guardian. I received NO chests for Tequatl, even though I should XD (I dealt over 40k dmg, I ressed people, healed them and buffed them, I protected batteries and so on…) and I only got 2 guaranteed rares from Karka Queen, but other than that guess what…greens. XD I think I will spam Karka Queen, since she at least gives me guaranteed 2 rares per day.

Let me put to rest any idea that buying gems increases luck. I spend A LOT on gems, and have almost 2k hours in to the game, and have yet to get a precursor out of the MF or a drop. Best drops I’ve ever had were 2 ascended armor boxes (both in 1 week), which ended up costing me a fortune when I pretty much built toons to use them, because … ya… ANet doesn’t let anything useful drop for ascended. Maybe had 2-3 keys drop in over a year. You are not alone OP. There are like, 1% of players that are super lucky and super rich; the rest of us just play the game knowing we aren’t one of those people.

I refuse to believe it’s only 1% when all my friends(literally, almost everyone else) gets better loot. =(
My friend dropped precursor from Megadestroyer today, I was with her. Guess what I received…yeah… xD
It’s weird, it seems like you either stay incredibly unlucky or incredibly lucky.

You got a precursor at all. Be happy. I have more hours logged than you and have never gotten one as a drop….bought both of mine.

=( I know I should be happy, but I wish this precursor wasn’t the cheapest one. I mean, even if I managed to get something by luck, it’s still kitten . XD It’s like…umm…well imagine getting a disgusting candy while all the other kids around you seem to receive giant tasty lolipops.

Why are these threads always posted by people with incredibly lucky friends? The kind who can hold out both hands and a valuable exotic will fall out of the sky into one hand, and a precursor into the other?
I know it’s impossible to lie on the internet, but neither situation fits with my observations of the game, so it’s becoming harder and harder to accept these anecdotes as being realistic.
On the other hand, it offers a fix for those who complain about the lack of decent loot – find out what server these posters play on, then guest there and follow them around for a day. At least 1500g worth of loot is guaranteed to every player who is not that person.

I don’t know about that guy who told me he already had 20 precursors, but I’m SURE that my friend made 2 precursors in the same week, by putting random rares in the mystic forge. I’m also sure that another friend of mine dropped a precursor from Megadestroyer today, while I received greens(of course). I don’t know, maybe my luck doesn’t like me so it visits other people instead. =P

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

I feel your pain OP. I’ve got around 150% MF and I still get lots of white drops and mostly blue/green drops. I’ll go 3-4 weeks without seeing an exotic drop and outside of world boss chests I’m lucky to get 1 rare a week. Either MF is borken or RNG hates me.
Either way it kinda ruins the feel of the game knowing no matter how hard I work the rewards will rarely equal the work because of RNG. I had a lot of hope for the MF change but I my drops haven’t gotten any better since then.

I know that magic find is SUPPOSED TO increase your chances of getting rare+ items…but…yeah, I only get more greens, that’s all. I definitely didn’t notice getting any better loot. I had 182% today on Tequatl/Karka Queen. No chests from Tequatl at all and Karka Queen gave me only greens(other than guaranteed 2 rares). So yeah, I wish mf would be more useful. XD

Yoroiookami: I think it is all a matter of perspective.
~3500hrs here since Pre-launch. All in open-world PvE (no dungeons or fractals)

• Number of Precursors dropped = Zero
  • Number of Ascended Boxes dropped = Zero
  • Recently threw 88 Rares into the MF, number of upgrades to exotic = Zero
  • Number of BL Key drops between Wintersday ’12 and Today = One
    So do I consider myself Lucky? No, not in that context but there are other things to consider.
  • I have gotten over 100 Exotic drops in the last year
  • I got an Abyss dye to drop and Black dye to drop the next day
  • Got a GreatSaw surprise from Halloween
  • All 5 of my characters are in full exotics or better
  • And, I have a great bunch of Guildies to play with.
    So do I consider myself Lucky. You bet ya
    It’s just a matter of perspective
  • I have a great bunch of Guildies to play with.
  • I dropped one (cheap) precursor.
  • I can dodge.
    I’d say that’s my type of luck right there. XD

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

ppl put too much important on drops.

I have 2000 hours in the game. I dropped 1 precusors (that i sold for 30 Gold is was the speargun, sigh). I dropped 1 ascended weapons chest (it was kittenty stats and the green color, the ugliest one).

3 of my friend that did a lot less fractal than me got 2 and 3 weapons chest each. One of my friend dropped the Warhorn in WvW and Dawn in TA.

And even if i’m not really lucky in my drops i’m the only one with 2 legendary and a full ascended geared toons. There is ways of getting gold without relying on RNG.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I’ve played very heavily since launch (don’t have the hours # right now) have never had a precourser come as a drop, I had to buy the only one I ever held.

But even beyond that… At launch, none of my friends from GW1 or other games decided to stay, I spent the first year basically floating from failing guild to failing guild. At launch I got a bunch of Midnight Ice and Celestial dyes, those drops dried right up when they were found and their values started rising above a handful of silvers each. Disconnects forced me out of fractals for the first several months, thus the people who I ran with at that time (and have since left) were playing content I could not access. I bought heavily into Assassin’s gear, which the upcomming crit nerfing (ferocity) is going to smash to little bits, 1 month+ of laurels, the better part of a full ascended armor set, all the mats that go into that, all soon to be hit real, real hard. I bought the original Flamekissed (human T3) light armor from the gem store, went all out, spent $70 on 7 sets for all my light armor wearers, and lost that investment and feel I (and really everyone who paid up for that first set) was treated beyond unfair by Anet the entire way through the process. Lest we forget that related to that, I find humans to be a special kind of ugly, I think the way their faces are shaped looks very, very juvenile, thus I chose Norn, praying that some armor style considerations would be floated the Norn’s way (Shoulder model issues because of the dev’s choice of shortcut in their designs) and lack of legging options to match the look and feel of those human t3 leggings. Etc, there are more but I’m already going to get flamed and likely have this deleted as these points typically tend to get…

That you actually got any precourser to drop for you at all says your luck is far, far better than mine ever was. And 80g? Clearly you didn’t get the speargun or trident, because those are typically only valued around 20-40g last I looked. But I certainly feel your pain.
And I stay away from the mystic forge… you can “/wiki mystic toilet” for a really good reason.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

5500 hours no precursor ever dropped for me

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’ve had one drop.

Its not as thrilling as you might think.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

I’ve played very heavily since launch (don’t have the hours # right now) have never had a precourser come as a drop, I had to buy the only one I ever held.

But even beyond that… At launch, none of my friends from GW1 or other games decided to stay, I spent the first year basically floating from failing guild to failing guild. At launch I got a bunch of Midnight Ice and Celestial dyes, those drops dried right up when they were found and their values started rising above a handful of silvers each. Disconnects forced me out of fractals for the first several months, thus the people who I ran with at that time (and have since left) were playing content I could not access. I bought heavily into Assassin’s gear, which the upcomming crit nerfing (ferocity) is going to smash to little bits, 1 month+ of laurels, the better part of a full ascended armor set, all the mats that go into that, all soon to be hit real, real hard. I bought the original Flamekissed (human T3) light armor from the gem store, went all out, spent $70 on 7 sets for all my light armor wearers, and lost that investment and feel I (and really everyone who paid up for that first set) was treated beyond unfair by Anet the entire way through the process. Lest we forget that related to that, I find humans to be a special kind of ugly, I think the way their faces are shaped looks very, very juvenile, thus I chose Norn, praying that some armor style considerations would be floated the Norn’s way (Shoulder model issues because of the dev’s choice of shortcut in their designs) and lack of legging options to match the look and feel of those human t3 leggings. Etc, there are more but I’m already going to get flamed and likely have this deleted as these points typically tend to get…

That you actually got any precourser to drop for you at all says your luck is far, far better than mine ever was. And 80g? Clearly you didn’t get the speargun or trident, because those are typically only valued around 20-40g last I looked. But I certainly feel your pain.
And I stay away from the mystic forge… you can “/wiki mystic toilet” for a really good reason.

What I found was an aquatic weapon :> I don’t remember now, since it’s been a long time and the price I’ve given might be wrong. I just remember it wasn’t worth as much as a precursor should be. x3

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

What I found was an aquatic weapon :> I don’t remember now, since it’s been a long time and the price I’ve given might be wrong. I just remember it wasn’t worth as much as a precursor should be. x3

It was likely the spear, that’s the one I bought and made… it’s sweet, though I still resent seeing people in guild who link 1 new precourser drop every other week just about -.-

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

over 4k hours here, in a variety of game modes, no precursor drop for me as loot (3500 hours with over 180% magic find), you, OP are lucky imo.

I’ve had 44 from forge, but I gambled hard for those, some cost 140g to forge, some, like my caracias (was 70g at the time) took 400g to forge, others still (spark) took over 1000g to forge.

RNG is RNG is RNG

Luck isn't on my side.

Yoroiookami.3485

From the last few Tequatl kills I received rares, such as:
- Berserker’s Rogue Pants of Scavenging
- Shaman’s Conjurer Mask of the Flock
- Berserker’s Torch of Blood
- Berserker’s Pirate Boots of The Lich
- Berserker’s Banded Helm of the Balthazar
- Shaman’s Conjurer Mask of the Flock
- Berserker’s Amulet
- Shaman’s Conjurer Mask of Flame Legion
- Shaman’s Conjurer Mask of Flame Legion(same rares from the same teq run.

Isn’t it supposed to actually be random? Aren’t there like hundreds other options? o_O
Also seems like everything I get is either Shaman’s or Berserker’s.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

I don’t think you’re unlucky. That’s probably average, I would say. I’ve got 4000 hours of playtime and no precursor drops and I know plenty of people who clock in around the same amount and have no fancy loot either. Unlucky would be dropping 2000 gold into the mystic forge and got no precursor. And it probably has happened to someone out there, RNG being what it is.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

You are not alone. I never get anything and when I do it’s usually bittersweet, in my case that was Venom, the only precursor I ever got and I’ve played since the start. It was worth 20g at the time. All we can do is hope there’s someone out there who’s even unluckier than us.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Roughly 400g into MF here, no precursor. Plenty of exotics, though. But typically in 1/5 attempts, and they are at most worth 2g, so can’t really say I’m making any money back, but 20% back is 20% back, I’ll take it!

Now I limit any MFing to whenever it is on the daily. That’s my excuse to buy 20 rare GSs to throw in.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

One precursor or ten precursor, it doesn’t matter, because you know why? it is just a game after all.

Some people are sitting on 300k-1 Million golds and 20 precursors and they never stepped in a dungeon and some people like myself play 3k hours of WvW and sitting on 10 golds. I would consider myself lucky if I even get an exotic drop worth 1 gold…That is just how the game works….

It is better to be rich and successful in real life than be rich in a virtual world.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I wish I had your luck. I’ve played just as long as you, and I’ve only looted about 8 or 9 exotics, worth about 2 gold each. I’ve dumped more than 3x the amount of gold that you did into the Mystic Forge and I haven’t gotten anything worth mentioning.

This must be the most unrewarding game I’ve ever played in my entire life. Even if you loot something good, you still feel like it’s crap unless it’s a precursor. Play some other games, then come back to Guild Wars 2 and play it casually. That’s the only way I’ve found to keep sane.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I do almost every content I do with 2 friends, 57% MF and 112% MF, I’m at 160% MF and they consistently get more luck on rares, exotics. Neither of us have ever seen I precursor from what I’m aware. Another friend with 20% MF (he doesn’t believe in it so doesn’t bother salvaging) rarely plays but beats us all (though maybe some hidden DR) including some precursors, but always complains he’s unlucky (in every game.) RNG is RNG, though I’m getting quite good at finding the ‘guaranteed’ reward spots lately.

The only thing that beats me is that the lucky people seem to be luckier than me in every game, throwing the logic I love so much out of the window.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Nah the op should not feel bad at least he picked up a precursor in that time ive played since beta and yet to find one precursor.

Luck isn't on my side.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Same, almost 5k hours and nothing. I add another few % MF to my account every few weeks but it’s like it isn’t being helped at all. So far only 5 BL keys from drops and a heap of named exotics from the forge when combined with forge stones from AP reward chests. But it’s like I’m being taunted into the forge, and then having big-Z troll me.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”