Luck's Usage Post 300% Magic Find???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

So I’m closing in on 300% MF. Will hit it by end of this week. So my question is what do I do with luck? Just destroy it?

A couple suggestions for devs.

1. Allow them to be salvaged into a mat like Piles of Crystalline Dust
2. Create a luck vendor that you can trade for items or different currencies
3. Allow luck to be vendored off for small amount of gold like junk items
4. Stop dropping it after 300% (Not my favorite choice, but still better than having to destroy it infinitely each time you salvage)

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

(edited by Rogue.7856)

Posted by: JandNTeam.7630

JandNTeam.7630

I like the idea.

Main: TheThomasred(Human Ranger)
Guild: [XCAL]Twilight of Avalon
My theory to speed up teq

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I like the idea of a luck vendor. Im a ways away from 300% but i know lots of people have it maxed aleady so ANet really needs to take that into account. We get enough worthless stuff in this game already.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Essences-of-Luck/first#post4474003

For those who don’t read it, it basically says allow us to decide what the essences boost,

WvW XP

Gold boost was left out due the problems it could cause to the market with no money sink etc,

All they had to do was add a little check mark beside each one of these that you can select ( note you can only boost 1 at a time ) the coding is already in place for this, its just a matter of allowing us to select which we want to boost, and let it follow the same pattern as MF.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I hope they just give magic find post 300 a temporary magic find boost.

I would say 95% of the players having 300 magic find now just buy gears from the TP to salvage anyway. It’s not like they accomplished something that great.

Rogue.7856

I would say 95% of the players having 300 magic find now just buy gears from the TP to salvage anyway. It’s not like they accomplished something that great.

I’m not saying to reward 300% magic find. I’m saying do something about the obsolete luck. Whether its giving it another use, or just remove it from the game post 300%.

The problem with removing it however, is it could still be used to level artificing to level 25. I honestly could care less about artificing to level 1-25 though.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m not saying to reward 300% magic find. I’m saying do something about the obsolete luck. Whether its giving it another use, or just remove it from the game post 300%.

The problem with removing it however, is it could still be used to level artificing to level 25. I honestly could care less about artificing to level 1-25 though.

i understand. I’m just saying I hope it is not ground breaking. I find it pretty silly to spend everyday buying greens and blues of trading post to salvage.

not only that, it’ll boost the price of low level gear. people that arn’t 300 already can’t take advantage of it any more if they actaully make those essence ground breaking after 300.

Rogue.7856

Its going to be another questionable item in the game for me to decide whether to destroy, or save and hope they do something with it… Like ascended rings, but at least they have vendor value.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Add a new achieve for hitting 300% base luck, achieve reward is a tool that grinds up exotic lucks into loot bags like Mawdrey II. This way there’s no change to luck in it’s current form and people who cap can get rid of it without feeling like they’re deleting stuff or getting less gains from salvage.

Rogue.7856

Add a new achieve for hitting 300% base luck, achieve reward is a tool that grinds up exotic lucks into loot bags like Mawdrey II. This way there’s no change to luck in it’s current form and people who cap can get rid of it without feeling like they’re deleting stuff or getting less gains from salvage.

Yeah this would be an excellent solution.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Its going to be another questionable item in the game for me to decide whether to destroy, or save and hope they do something with it… Like ascended rings, but at least they have vendor value.

If you keep them, be sure to use an artificer to compact them into the higher-value versions (to store more easily)

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’d make the most sense, IMO, if it just stopped dropping once you hit cap. Maybe that’s hard to code though? I wonder why they haven’t done that with other items that are account bound and have limited use, such as the special Spoon drops.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

How about a mystic forge recipe for 500 of the exotic lucks to be combined with some random mini pet or fetch quest (mawdrey) thing that eats luck and gives you a ‘gift’ of something – these seem to be popular for Anet.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

My personal prefer would be karma coversion. it doesn’t even need to be much, but I’m having a karma shortage here. Best I seem to get is 374 karma per event…

Rogue.7856

How about a mystic forge recipe for 500 of the exotic lucks to be combined with some random mini pet or fetch quest (mawdrey) thing that eats luck and gives you a ‘gift’ of something – these seem to be popular for Anet.

I honestly wouldn’t mind this idea either. Anything they do would be better than the way it is currently.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d vote for allowing Mawdrey (or another item) to convert luck into random items the player can then salvage or sell, similar to what Bloodstone Dust does now.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’d vote for allowing Mawdrey (or another item) to convert luck into random items the player can then salvage or sell, similar to what Bloodstone Dust does now.

I like this idea, like 100Luck= 1 bag of lucky goodies! (mostly junk items LOL)

Gift of Mawdrey II loot table is actually pretty decent, even though I always get crap there’s a chance for lodestones and foxfire cluster… there should be similar items or places you could try your luck daily to sink huge piles of unused items (Mithril Ores and Elder Woods I’m lucking at ya!).

Reference: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_from_Mawdrey_II#Crafting_materials

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

They could make a new sigil/rune that requires luck to craft. They could also make a unique stat combination on equipment that requires luck to make. This would only be a temproary solution though (especially if its something useless)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: moonglum.1429

moonglum.1429

As one of the early adopters of 300% MF and a 11% bonus from achievement points, I have collected more than my fair share of unusable luck, I want to thank each and everyone for speaking up and posting. It is my hope that the something actually comes from your post, and does not fall on deaf ears.

ozmaniandevil.6805

Just wait moonglum, pretty soon there will be millions of people with maxed out luck, then things will get angry.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

So I’m closing in on 300% MF. Will hit it by end of this week. So my question is what do I do with luck? Just destroy it?

A couple suggestions for devs.

1. Allow them to be salvaged into a mat like Piles of Crystalline Dust
2. Create a luck vendor that you can trade for items or different currencies
3. Allow luck to be vendored off for small amount of gold like junk items
4. Stop dropping it after 300% (Not my favorite choice, but still better than having to destroy it infinitely each time you salvage)

wow already at 300 ? dude that’s crazy i’m still at 163% i think lol you’re a madman

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Once you hit max MF, essence of luck become consumables.

Fine EoL: +10% MF for 30 minutes
Masterwork EoL: +25% MF for 30 minutes
Rare EoL: +25% MF for 1 hour
Exotic EoL: +50% MF for 1 hour
Legendary EoL: +50% MF for 3 hours

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

After 300% luck should decay. Let people go beyond it they want but you’ll have grind harder to stay beyond 300%.

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

this is the last thing anet should be worried about.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

ozmaniandevil.6805

this is the last thing anet should be worried about.

I disagree. This is something that the company should have anticipated and planned for. There should have been something in place when they incorporated essences into the game, then there would have been no issues. But they wait, and wait, until it becomes an issue.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Essences-of-Luck/first#post4474003

For those who don’t read it, it basically says allow us to decide what the essences boost,

WvW XP

Gold boost was left out due the problems it could cause to the market with no money sink etc,

All they had to do was add a little check mark beside each one of these that you can select ( note you can only boost 1 at a time ) the coding is already in place for this, its just a matter of allowing us to select which we want to boost, and let it follow the same pattern as MF.

No not a check mark. Do you know how long that would take for each one of them to have to be clicked then checked then click again? What would be better than that is making a vendor that you can turn in your Essence of Luck to and choose between Karma, XP, WvW XP or just do the regular double click to get the luck.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

After 300% luck should decay. Let people go beyond it they want but you’ll have grind harder to stay beyond 300%.

No no no!

No no no!

No no no!

Decaying mechanics is a poison in MMOs that should be avoided at all costs.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So I’m closing in on 300% MF.

I’d imagine an extremely small percentage of players have hit this mark. Small, like the equivalent of Precursor drop rates. So GJ!! but, I doubt they’d do anything with essence of luck until more players hit the mark.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

This is the best suggestion here, though I’d actually lower the durations / adjust effects, because a player’s ability to earn essences far outstrips their ability to spend it at those.

Fine: 10% for 5 minutes.
Masterwork: 20% for 5 minutes
Rare: 30% for 10 minutes
Exotic: 50% for 30 minutes
Legendary: 100% for 1 hour.

Also, add it to some crafting / mystic forge recipes.

Rogue.7856

This is the best suggestion here, though I’d actually lower the durations / adjust effects, because a player’s ability to earn essences far outstrips their ability to spend it at those.

Fine: 10% for 5 minutes.
Masterwork: 20% for 5 minutes
Rare: 30% for 10 minutes
Exotic: 50% for 30 minutes
Legendary: 100% for 1 hour.

That still wouldn’t utilize all the luck received. Don’t really dig it as an idea either.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Add a consumable recipe in the cooking crafting profession that creates food that temporarily increases MF.

Make the food cost A LOT of exotic essences to craft, and make the food actually worth using.
(so players will want to eat the food)

And please don’t make the food account bound or soul bound or any of that dumb crap.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Add a consumable recipe in the cooking crafting profession that creates food that temporarily increases MF.

Make the food cost A LOT of exotic essences to craft, and make the food actually worth using.

And please don’t make the food account bound or soul bound or any of that dumb crap.

Actually, a food idea like this would make more sense as account-bound than anything else. Any idea for luck use that is available to people who haven’t reached 300% has the potential to be too enticing and end up driving people away from consuming it as intended.

Or words to that effect.

Rogue.7856

Actually, a food idea like this would make more sense as account-bound than anything else. Any idea for luck use that is available to people who haven’t reached 300% has the potential to be too enticing and end up driving people away from consuming it as intended.

There is already plenty of different types of Magic Find food. I’d much rather see it salvageable into another material, or become a material or currency of its own.

GG Alts 09/09/14

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

TBH I have a funny feeling there will eventually be a level 500 chef and when it does it will use essence of luck to craft a new level of magic find food. I could be wrong though. Omnomberry + Essence of luck for 50% magic find and 40% gold from monsters anyone?

Posted by: moonglum.1429

moonglum.1429

Loved the Halloween Event Thank you ANET. I noticed you made an item to eat the Candy Corn. It is a great step in the right direction. Would it be possible to do something like that with the “Essences of Luck”? I currently have 2988 Exotic Essences that are currently unusable. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Attachments: