Posted by: Roxy Enjoy.1950

Roxy Enjoy.1950

hello, cap lvl increase to 100?

Attachments:

Lvl cap increase to 100?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

People found these all the way back in beta, where the devs explained they were test weapons that were somehow left in when the game went public.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

new armors to grind unless they offer a level 80 to level 100 exotic armor upgrade using 50,000 lemons, gift of ascension, 50 laurels and 50 gifts of philosopher, which is equally a grind too.

A.NET putting test weapons is just a way for them to test the community’s reaction to a possible change.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

There’s no conspiracy theories to be had. Anet announced flat out that they plan to do level increases. Everyone keeps trying to pretend like that won’t happen, like it will somehow magically go away.

Level increase WILL come. It’s a question of when more than if. Sure, ascended gear is the last tier of gear for now… but be prepared to start from scratch getting that gear again when the expansion comes out :-P

Old news is old.

Posted by: Metamega.9025

Metamega.9025

I can see an expansion having an increase to 100 but an update to 100? What purpose would a level update have anyways. The game scales yiu accordingly so let’s say we’re all now 100, we go to an old dungeon and now were downscaled to 80. I just don’t see any reason for this game ever. This game focuses more around builds and play style. Leveling is this part that’s in the way of that all and increasing the level cap would do nothing or prove nothing positive. I’ve yet to hear why increasing the level cap would have any positive features at all?

Tolmos.8395

I can see an expansion having an increase to 100 but an update to 100? What purpose would a level update have anyways. The game scales yiu accordingly so let’s say we’re all now 100, we go to an old dungeon and now were downscaled to 80. I just don’t see any reason for this game ever. This game focuses more around builds and play style. Leveling is this part that’s in the way of that all and increasing the level cap would do nothing or prove nothing positive. I’ve yet to hear why increasing the level cap would have any positive features at all?

That point of view has been the general consensus on forums. There have been threads 500+ replies long that are almost unanimous “Oh god please don’t implement more levels. Leave us at 80”.

Still doesn’t change the fact that it’s coming :-\

Roxy Enjoy.1950

for new map, for Elite Area (ex: uw,fow,doa of gw1),for ROLE GAME, this game not have really role. I hope the party members will increase and will increase the difficulty in pve. I Hope in new skills, i hope in new hard hard boss where it is needed the role you play like gw1 (Ex: Dhumm,Kanaxai,Urgoz of gw1) the dragon is ok but not is funny and challenging.

(edited by Roxy Enjoy.1950)

Roxy Enjoy.1950

in pve each character is good for everything. Not is funny and challenging. i dont like grind grind grind. for me lv 80 is ok, we need only role and challenging, I have trust in arenanet. I hope that this game system is just the beginning.

(edited by Roxy Enjoy.1950)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

“Why don’t you just make 80 better and make 80 be the top level and make that a little better?”

“These go to 100.”

We don’t need more levels. We need more stuff for the levels we already have. And not more temporary stuff.

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

People found these all the way back in beta, where the devs explained they were test weapons that were somehow left in when the game went public.

This ^

Dam you guys are grasping at any thing to put “badness” on this game not sure how you play this game if you hate it THAT much.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

IMHO, a level 80 cap at game start is too high. I almost didn’t try GW2 out when I saw that and 2 of my nephews and some of my friends wont even consider trying it out for that reason. So if this game’s level cap is upped to 100 that’s likely going to scare away more new players.

Dark age of Camelot did just fine for years (at least until Electronic Arts acquired it) without ever raising the level cap above 50. If the devs at Mythic could introduce new interesting content without raising the level cap why cant anyone else?

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Lightcringe.6193

Lightcringe.6193

“Why don’t you just make 80 better and make 80 be the top level and make that a little better?”

“These go to 100.”

Lol, I got that reference!

I don’t think they will change the level cap at all with the way the mechanics and structure of the game is set up. Remodeling the trait system would be a pain in the butt.

That being said, I wouldn’t be too surprised if ANet decided to run with something like this anyway.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

There’s no conspiracy theories to be had. Anet announced flat out that they plan to do level increases. Everyone keeps trying to pretend like that won’t happen, like it will somehow magically go away.

Level increase WILL come. It’s a question of when more than if. Sure, ascended gear is the last tier of gear for now… but be prepared to start from scratch getting that gear again when the expansion comes out :-P

Old news is old.

Agree with most of this you won’t be starting all over again. Loots not that big a deal in this game and the only thing leveling dose is unlocks new content, all the old content will still be avalable to you and still be viablemo’s

i mean the most run dungeon in this game is level 70 content… The same type of thing can not be said for other mmo’s.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i dont really see a need of increasing the level cap…

Thought is very easy to level up…doesnt take…time, the thing would be people would need to get lvl 100 ascended and legendary/exotic stuff unless they dont add lvl 81+ stuff and just increase the level for you to use more traits…who knows.

I took an arrow to the knee

UnderdogSMO.9428

“These go to 100.”

Lol, I got that reference!

I don’t think they will change the level cap at all with the way the mechanics and structure of the game is set up. Remodeling the trait system would be a pain in the butt.

That being said, I wouldn’t be too surprised if ANet decided to run with something like this anyway.

A-net has said (and shown) that they made there system to add stuff to it and to alow it to be flexable.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i don’t want to re-grind everything but 20 additional traits would be AWESOME

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

UnderdogSMO.9428

Thought is very easy to level up…doesnt take…time, the thing would be people would need to get lvl 100 ascended and legendary/exotic stuff unless they dont add lvl 81+ stuff and just increase the level for you to use more traits…who knows.

With an expac it would be used to slowly introduse players to new area’s and new consepts much like what level 1—80 dose now.

UnderdogSMO.9428

Tell me exactly when you had to gained for level 80 or for gear that let you play max level content.????

Tolmos.8395

With an expac it would be used to slowly introduse players to new area’s and new consepts much like what level 1—80 dose now.

That’s unnecessary. Guild Wars 1 didn’t require such an introduction, as it kept max level static for the entire game. And you know what? People LOVED it. Bragged constantly about how awesome it was compared to the WoW/EQ model of constant level increases.

Tell me exactly when you had to gained for level 80 or for gear that let you play max level content.????

For a brand new, casual, player it would take ~1 month post 80 of karma farming to get the exotics they need to be accepted into fractals. Without that armor, when asked to ping they would simply get laughed out of groups.

It would take several months if you count the time to level up.

And of course, all this ascended gear everyone is currently so proud of would be tossed to the wayside. I’d get a small chuckle out of that, at least… =D

Tolmos.8395

The only purpose increasing levels to 100 would achieve is obsoleting the rewards from all current level 80 content, basically turning it into a temporary content. That’s the ONLY thing it would accomplish.

I can’t see how that is a good thing. I would rather them build on top what of currently exists- an entire xpac of additional level 80 content. Can you imagine what it would be like for a new player? To hit 80 and have twice as much stuff they could do as we have now? Twice as many skins available. Twice as many ways to get gear?

OR, they could increase the level cap and our endgame can once against be sparse and barren because they focused entirely on the 80-100 “experience”.

Tough choice there…

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

it would be pointless to increase the level cap, so many level 80’s now would just instantly level to 100 as soon as the update happens since we carry on gaining experience at 80, level means nothing anyway, apart from the very first area i was in i was scaled down all the way to 80 until i got to cursed shore.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

make job advancement @ lv 80 char. get that char back to lv 1 with new sets of weapon skill and traits that can be toggled. or.. make cross class possible. and make it so we have to re-lvled the 2nd class to take some of its skill to the main.
cause i think, rising the lvl cap would be stupid. and render all current cosmetics useless.
people will be forced to wear new lvl 100 dungeon gear for exotics sets, and everyone will look exactly the same! seeing that transmutation stone prices are that much more expensive, because of inflation!!
clonewars are something that i don’t want to happen to guildwars2!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Old news is old.

Doesn’t mean anything. Anet said many things that never made it into the game.
Remember when they said dyes would be account wide?

I’m not saying it will never happen, but it’s not confirmed and there is no way to be sure. And I hope it will never happen because then I can throw all my gear away and start over..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

TBH they have an agony system in play, which gates content. There is no issue with adding areas under a constant agony effect or mobs that cause Agony related conditions.

I don’t think there is a need for extra levels.. they have every piece of equipment, Infused version of each. So a total of 120AR without Weapons.