Lyssa’s Regalia

Lyssa’s Regalia

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Love, love, love it!

Since I am a huge fan of the human lore, and all of it’s history along with the gods specially, I just LOVE these regalia outfits and it’s perfect for my ’human gods characters’.

I can’t wait to see the remaining of the gods!
And I really do hope Anet will create outfit for Abaddon aswell.

Remaining outfits:
-Abaddon
-Kormir
-Melandru
-Grenth / without the Hood? + with the hood?
-Maybe even Menzies, the evil half-brother of Balthazar?

Anyhow, just love the outfits of the Gods, can’t wait for more!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I like the helmet/mask. I’ll buy it if it were a normal item. Being an outfit, my interest automatically drop to zero. Good luck.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I just hope they bring back the event that has the Lyssa backpiece recipe. I am REALLY wanting that backpiece now, and the 500g paywall isn’t my thing.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m loving it too. Put it on my Mesmer (of course) and my Revenant and it looks great on both.

Love the detail work ANet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This is one of the rare times the outfit looks better on males than females. Purely subjective on my part, of course. My reason has to do with the tummy area.

Long long ago (like, in the mid 1980’s) I was designing superhero costumes. I actually could draw back then! I did a female one with a yellow band making an inverted v from hips to sternum on a black background. And then I looked at it and realized there was nothing I could do to keep it from looking like her stomach was bulging. Ever since then I’ve preferred to avoid lines that spread out from sternum to hips both in art and in RL clothes.

I mean, it’s perfectly natural for a tummy to bulge, don’t get me wrong. But it looks odd to me on our Tyrian avatars, so I’m enjoying the outfit a ton more on my guys than my women.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

The problem with the female version is clearly the dye areas and the way the four areas are cut.

That’s why, to me, the male version is way better, but not good enough for me to buy it.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Sajuuk.5706

Sajuuk.5706

I like how there are costumes based on the human Lore, but pleaaase no Kormir! Good god, she was the worst part of Nightfall by far. See exhibit A:

“Maim. Rinse. Repeat.”

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

It is awful. No bundled toy and still 700 gems.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I def need to take a look at it again because when I saw it I thought it was by far the worst outfit so far in the game

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

Definitely not the worst outfit, I really like the look of this regalia! I would like to see the same for the remaining gods, but would prefer Abaddon’s instead of Kormir’s. Maybe save hers for when we get to Elona and are reintroduced to the sunspears. Keep the regalia of the original six (dhuum’s would be great also).

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: ADHazard.6719

ADHazard.6719

Love the details and the overall design of the outfit, definitely. But, as mentioned above, there’s an issue with human females. The stomach area appears to bulge out, as if there’s a bit of a “baby bump”. Perfectly fine if that’s the body type selected, however it appears to be like this on ALL human body types, even the “ripped”/athletic or tiny-waist ones.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Gota admit I’m super excited to see the melandru one as well!

My favorites so far have been the Dwayna ( I actually don’t know how to spell this after all this time) and this new Lyssa one. Though I have to admit I’m almost never a fan of the fire and deathy over kill looks.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Love the details and the overall design of the outfit, definitely. But, as mentioned above, there’s an issue with human females. The stomach area appears to bulge out, as if there’s a bit of a “baby bump”. Perfectly fine if that’s the body type selected, however it appears to be like this on ALL human body types, even the “ripped”/athletic or tiny-waist ones.

I was looking at my female char wearing this outfit after reading this thread earlier, and I noticed her posture (Sylvari, female). She was standing with her shoulders pulled back and a distinct curve to the back, which pushed the stomach forward. I don’t recall her standing like that with other outfits/armor. Maybe that has something to do with the tummy bulge.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’ve been waiting a long time to show Lyssa some proper devotion on my ele, but man this thing is disturbing!

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

Nice that the OP likes it, it made me cringe they keep GW2 so far from GW1 yet import assests from GW1 into GW2 that armor was one of the Dervish elite skills that turned into the avatar of a god in this case Lyssa.

This is what bugs me, in GW1 you had so many armors that you could get ingame, GW2 has a handful with more being in the cash shop, GW1 was as much about farming skins for armor as it was weapons :P

Either put the things in GW1 that was fun into GW2 or just stop connecting them at all as they are nothing alike atm.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

I’ve been waiting a long time to show Lyssa some proper devotion on my ele, but man this thing is disturbing!

Would you go so far as to say…

Lyssa confounds you?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You, sir, win the internet for the day.

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Idk, I wish it was the same as the original Guild Wars outfit. I don’t like the long coat and weird visible underwear-on-the-outside thing

Lyssa’s Regalia

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i will never buy any outfit, it has to be an armor set that lets me mix and match the individual pieces and it has to be WEIGHT CLASS SPECIFIC