MF removal Utility slots Celestial items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cicatrix.6149

Cicatrix.6149

Q:

Since the Laurel vendor was introduced, I have been working diligently on picking up an Ascended neck piece for each and every one of my eight characters (still a work in progress). Given that I don’t want to run around in group content wearing a bunch of mostly-MF gear, but I don’t want to be punished for not having any MF at all, I thought adding a nice little chunk of 20 MF via Ascended Amulets with Utility Slots (30 Laurels each) + Magical infusions (20 Laurels each), and adding a few Celestial-type items here and there (also Ascended, many of them Amulets) would give a small but decent boost to MF without interfering much at all with how powerful the other stats were going to become.

It seemed having “Powerful Stats” and having MF was somewhat accomplishable, so long as you didn’t overdo it with pieces that had MF. Finally, here was some gear that let you have your cake and eat it to, even if just a small slice.

Now you have decided to remove MF from gear.

I cannot be the only one who has been doing endless fractals and grinding out dailies, every day for months, to progress their characters by picking up Ascended items to boost both their stats and their MF.

What happens now? How is one compensated for all these wasted Laurels on Magic Infusions and Ascended Amulets with “Utility Slots” that wouldn’t have even been purchased had the Magic Infusion (20 MF) not been on the table?

That’s 50 laurels per character, wasted.

Also, the tipping point for these Celestial Ascended items, at least for me, has always been the inclusion of that little bit of MF. I would have not considered all of these “All Stat” items as a legitimate option, otherwise.

This means that nearly every item of Ascended gear, however it was attained, in this case, will be made mostly worthless, and all of my progression thus far, once the MF removal on gear is implemented, will be wiped.

Exactly what will happen with the “Magic Infusions” on Ascended Amulets? Will they remain in the game? Will we be able to return them and get a refund on our Laurels?

What about Celestial-type Ascended items? Will even that small 4% MF be taken from us? Can we return them for a different item as well?

I do not disapprove of taking MF off of gear and changing the system entirely. But I do disapprove of giving us a tremendous grind for items that will soon no longer have the stats on them we worked so hard to attain.

If you have been working on “gearing away” from MF “on gear” for awhile, why did you give us a bunch of hard-to-attain, non-refundable Ascended items that have MF?

How is this issue going to be dealt with?

Sincerely,
Cicatrix

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

They’ll most likely replace MF gear with similar gear. For example, Explorer’s could be replaced with Berserker’s, Traveler’s with Rampager’s and Wayfarer’s with Soldier’s. The stuff that costs laurels could probably just be refunded.

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

Wouldn’t mind knowing the answer to this as well.

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

If they had an answer to this question the feature would be in game already. The changes they’ve proposed are relatively simple so the only thing they could possibly be working on right now is a method of refunding people that bought MF gear. Though I think for the time being they should remove the ability to buy MF gear

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Removing MF from gear stat spreads doesn’t mean it’ll be removed from utility infusions – the same logic that can be argued against MF goes for every infusion slot, and I’m pretty sure ANet’s stance on MF was already “having it on gear was a mistake” even before the release of the utility slot.

So I’m pretty sure that’s not being removed at the least.

We’ve been told there will be compensation on the gear side. Why don’t you wait til ANet ave announced what it’ll be?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am hoping for something comply new to replaces MF maybe a speed boost or even an hp reg boost. There still a good number of effects that you can add in this game that can replaces MF for items and this infusion.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

They’ll most likely replace MF gear with similar gear. For example, Explorer’s could be replaced with Berserker’s, Traveler’s with Rampager’s and Wayfarer’s with Soldier’s. The stuff that costs laurels could probably just be refunded.

That would be stupid. If you are running a second MF set why would you need a copy of what we already crafted? Just refund the matts making it costs. Crafting exotic sets ain’t cheap. Takes a bucket of ectos and mats. Heaven forbid you make a heavy set WITH jewelry. That is a kittenload of ori.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

+% boon duration or +% condition duration seem obvious candidates for replacing MF.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

Has there been any information about this at all, or just that they are removing MF?

This can be hard to solve and at the same time make everyone happy.

1. They can make a new stat. But many might end up with gear they don’t need. Considering crafting material, gear, and so on that has MF, this would maybe be the easiest thing to do. But many would probably like something else in exchange if they have two exotic gears, one for MF and one for other builds.

2. Simply removing it and make users choose between other gear and crafting material could work. But if they don’t need a second gear, getting the value back in cost may be hard to calculate. Getting the average BLTC costs from the previous months before the news was announced maybe? This will however not work with the Celestial gear, since no other gear have this stats.

3. Simply removing it from Celestial gear can ruin a lot for those who went for Celestial as MF gear because stat wise, it adds more to the overall stats that regular 3 stat MF gear. For Celestial, simply change it something else might be useful, for an overall boost in stats, 1% condition duration and 1% boon duration could be nice, but it could be a about 20% increase, and that is somewhat a lot.

Just hope they don’t change it into Gold Find, Karma Gain or XP Gain, would either be useless or just push the problem over to a new stat. And about MF in Account Bonuses, if MF is removed, what will happen with that? Split up and divided on the three other stats?

I have also read someone suggesting a swiftness stat. For farming purposes, as well as levelling, and in CoM, and more, these stat could be very useful.

(edited by TamarinNOR.3251)

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

MF is part of the rng philosophy of drops. I wouldn’t mind having a guaranteed drop from everything if it was going out of the picture. Though it is semi/broken as it stands now and the same old loot just cycles through. Not having MF does take away some depth from the game with not having the option of devoting a pve armor set to it, or a chance of some old but better loot.

Posted by: TamarinNOR.3251

TamarinNOR.3251

I read an article today about MF that I didn’t find when I looked this up.

It seems that MF is staying, but it is taken away from gear. So you will still be account wide MF, and food and other consumables that raise MF. They will probably make it so that you can get more MF overall with other consumables than you can today.

Still, this means that gamers need to choose between MF consumables or other consumables that is more suitable for their build, but many will probably be more ok with this than having to carry an additional armor and choose between good loot or aid better in fights.