MMORPG: The Best MMOs of 2013... So Far

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Pretty much spot on with some of their comments (esp with TSW). In terms of GW2, I think this summed it up perfetcly;

“Even if you’re not a fan of ArenaNet’s sequel, you’d be hard pressed to deny the team’s dedication to adding to and improving their game. "

I pretty much agree with this. I don’t always agree with everything they implement and the forums are filled with endless debates about what is right/wrong, but there’s no doubt hard work and enthusiasm is at the heart of what they do.

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

There are several gw1 fanboys that got turned off by the game not being gw1 v. 2, especially with the lack of gvg and HA. Being one of those fanboys, I wasn’t sure if I’d like it (especially since I played monk in gw1), and it took a while to get used to the mechanics.

That being said, I have now fallen deeply in love with the game. I have logged over 1700 hours so far since pre-release and I’m not anywhere near done. Just geared my third level 80, have a legendary and working towards a second legendary, leveling in WvW and PvP, going to start a 4th alt soon.

The only thing I wish they would do is add more PvP modes. sPvP is fun but gets a little repetitive after a while.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

May 17 2003 and yet they are showing GW2 way back when most the UI wasn’t even the same…..

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Isn’t the list purely compiled by 1 person? William Murphy the columist?

In that sense anyone can come up with a list, even the ranking by vote can be tempered.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Grats GW2.

Now we need a game mode – a 20 man mini WvW exclusive battleground with fun map rotation between 2 guilds with conquest mechanics to cater to our budding GvG crowd.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes, you can’t take it as anything official, hence why he opens up the discussion, but its fun to read and his reasonings are solid I thought

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Let’s be fair.

That list is user score. MMORPG is full of crazy fanboys as well as rational posters, but sadly the crazy fanboys (of any game, even Guild Wars 2, as well as Secret World) they make new accounts and score the highest points possible for their game, and lowest possible for the opponents.

If you click the game, you can see MMORPG’s score.

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

at first i thought that this was for free to play games, but then i saw eve on there

and i was incredibly surprised wow didn`t make it onto the list at all, i`m not particularly a major wow fan but i always assumed that it was almost mandatory to put it on every `best mmo` list

that being said, i`m glad that gw2 is still going very strong

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

Farzo.8410

at first i thought that this was for free to play games, but then i saw eve on there

and i was incredibly surprised wow didn`t make it onto the list at all, i`m not particularly a major wow fan but i always assumed that it was almost mandatory to put it on every `best mmo` list

that being said, i`m glad that gw2 is still going very strong

Well, if so, Everquest should be on there instead of WoW.

Why you might ask, well… Everquest, despite being far more older than WoW, is still alive today. It might not have as many subscribers, but it’s still there.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

\o/ Grats ArenaNet! \o/

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

Let’s be fair.

That list is user score. MMORPG is full of crazy fanboys as well as rational posters, but sadly the crazy fanboys (of any game, even Guild Wars 2, as well as Secret World) they make new accounts and score the highest points possible for their game, and lowest possible for the opponents.

If you click the game, you can see MMORPG’s score.

MMORPG’s doesn’t mean anything, it’s people that decide. And if 1 game has fanboys so has GW2. But all in all, these types of score lists are never right. Because the only score you’ll see is just a fanboy score. They don’t care about how good the game is, they will lie as hard as they can, just so their game can be on top.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I would take this review with a grain of salt, if that. MMORPG doesn’t know anything about this stuff.

These are the same people who review games they have never played, or review a game they played in beta, and then wait almost a year to try it again and think they are qualified to tell you everything about the game they never even played.

Heck, just recently they did a review of TSW. Which they only played the first month. Then logged in recently and now think they can do a review on the state of a game they never played in all that time.

Yeah, they sure know what is a top MMO….. /sarcasm

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

In spite of the fact that they supposedly know nothing about MMOs, they called Neverwinter and the cash shop pretty accurately. That game was doomed the moment it was made by PW. I wouldn’t go near it. I’ve already given that company too much money. People complain about Guild Wars 2’s cash shop should be forced to play a Turbine game or a PW game for a few years before commenting. There is no comparison.

As for the rest of it, what game on that list should be Guild Wars 2. Maybe Eve, because it is exactly what its audience wants….but it won’t have mass appeal and you couldn’t expect a niche game to win the best game if most people won’t consider it.

That leaves what? Neverwinter with its cash shop, SWToR with it’s “free to play” coughs, TSW (which is probably the best theme park game for at least telling stories, but the combat does leave much to be desired) and Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 has certainly disappointed PvPers from Guild Wars 1…that much is clear. But I’m not a PvPer, I’m a PvE’er and though I like Guild Wars 1 quite a lot, I prefer Guild Wars 2, for many reasons.

You can say MMORPG doesn’t know anything about MMOs, but you’d be wrong. They simply approach MMOs from a different point of view than a player does…in the same way movie reviewers approach movies differently than someone just watching a movie for entertainment.

As for WoW, WoW got up to 10 million subscribers from 9.1 on the release of MoP and it’s now down to 8.3 million. I’m not sure that MoP is doing as well as they hoped. Once they year subs expire, I expect to see a much more significant drop.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Seems accurate..

Haven’t tried half of them, i have tried The secret World and it was a snore fest, most boring MMO of 2013 in my opinion…

Going to try Neverwinter (Pay to win doesn’t bother me i don’t PvP)….
Going to try SWTOR too (i heard the story is great, and that’s a part i like the best)

And Guildwars 2 is only number 1 because its been such a bad year for MMO’s there is nothing really to compete, not because GW2 is great by any standard its because everything else…at this time is worse

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Opinion is opinion, go figure. GW2 is a good game, one of the best MMO’s released to date.

I’m more interested to see how it will stack up to the new games coming out. Many games will be taking the best of what GW2 has to offer and implementing it into their own systems. Hopefully the team at Anet will be up to the challenge, guess we’ll see.

Watch out for WildStar.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m not surprised that GW2 take the number 1 game “according to a columnist”. But people take other people’s opinion too seriously.

Even the fan voting on game site isn’t reliable. As many times they are tempered by fake fan.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Like it or hate it, Guild Wars 2 is here to stay.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

It could be because the pickings are slim for early 2013. Most of the big titles are being released late 2013 or 2014. The wording of the article’s title is misleading in this respect. It did mention “so far,” so I’ll let that slide.

Another thing is that the article doesn’t do very good job of qualitatively breaking down each game.

In terms of volume of content per dollar and visual aesthetics GW2 beats all and rightfully so. However the structure of the content is often done poorly. The devs may have extended their reach too far into action territory with the combat system, and therefore have a difficult time finding a method for balancing professions (Warriors OP in PvE, terrible in PvP.)

I have an issue with GW2’s generally high rating. It’s based mostly on promise. To quote the article, “Even if you’re not a fan of ArenaNet’s sequel, you’d be hard pressed to deny the team’s dedication to adding to and improving their game. " This isn’t unique to GW2. Furthermore it implies that dedication and is enough to improve. It isn’t always. There will always those logistical problems that bog the game down, and GW2 is full of these issues. It takes a lot of ingenuity rather than passion to figure out ways around these problems, and I haven’t seen much any ingenuity in GW2’s recent patches.

PoE is the only other game I’ve played on that list, so I’ll indulge in discussing it as well. Mechanically I’d say PoE is the best of the recent MMOs. The character customization is very deep, and it function beautifully with the loot system. It’s not dumbed down like D3 was. I think it’s definitely worth a look if you’re a fan of dungeon crawlers. That’s not to say I disagree with it being rated lower than other games. It runs the caveat of being developed by a small team and everything it entails, namely the volume of content and the polish. Even with a fantastic customization system there’s very little content to actual play. There’s also very little visual customization as well, which is something that would definitely turn some players away.

Haven’t really played the others, and I couldn’t get into TSW so I can’t really comment on those games.

Edit: Accidentally deleted a quote.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

Shocker, right? Our highest scored MMO is also our current Best MMO of 2013. Even if you’re not a fan of ArenaNet’s sequel, you’d be hard pressed to deny the team’s dedication to adding to and improving their game. In the six-plus months since its launch, Guild Wars 2 has added more content and features than any other MMO on this List has in the same amount of time. And there are no signs of the pace slowing down… in fact, they only seems to be speeding up their output. Oh, and all of it has been free too, let’s not forget that. We wish more developers offered this much value with your purchase, and gave you so much quality content for so little investment. ArenaNet stands head and shoulders above the pack for 2013 so far.

While it may be true that it’s been free, having cash shop promotions shoved down our throat with every update makes saying something like that sound a little disingenuous.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

GW2 with NO real PvP and a zerg lag WvW and Pve with NO end game gets No 1.
the other MMOs must be really really bad.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

What is your definition of “real PvP”?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

In the six-plus months since its launch, Guild Wars 2 has added more content and features than any other MMO on this List has in the same amount of time. And there are no signs of the pace slowing down… in fact, they only seems to be speeding up their output.

no other mmo has then turned around and promptly removed so much content either so yeah if that’s his justification its a poor one also speed != quality

this isn’t so much a list of the best mmos as it is the most recent…

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Vayne.8563

In the six-plus months since its launch, Guild Wars 2 has added more content and features than any other MMO on this List has in the same amount of time. And there are no signs of the pace slowing down… in fact, they only seems to be speeding up their output.

no other mmo has then turned around and promptly removed so much content either so yeah if that’s his justification its a poor one also speed != quality

this isn’t so much a list of the best mmos as it is the most recent…

This is the best MMO I’ve ever played, thus it’s the best MMO to me. Saying it’s not the best is just an opinion.

There has yet to be an MMO I’m completely satisfied with, including Guild Wars 2. But Guild Wars 2 comes closer to any other MMO I’ve played and I’ve played lots of them.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

Real pvp or me would be a structure like wow arena, i know wow sucks atm with bursting peeps down in 4 secs etc to much cc and 1 shot macos, but a similar system
would be fab in gw2.

Something with a small map area a few places to los, a good balance between toons and perhaps a rating system.

I loved random arena in gw1 and jq, in gw2 sometimes it feels a bit of a zerg rush this i dont like.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

If this is supposedly the next generation MMo then I’m quitting playing MMOs forever.
SNES games were much more challenging, this game is a joke.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

I really dont get how people are still surprised , this is still the best mmo product to DATE . The gem store could use some tweaks and maybe some RNG removed and then it would be the perfect game

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m surprised rift didn’t make the list. I’ve never played it, but i’ve heard its a pretty good game and its going f2p soon.

Not suprised at all that WoW wasn’t on there. It is literally hemorrhaging subs. It’s lost over a million since the expansion came out, and that’s when it was already down a couple million. It may be the greatest MMO of all time, but it isn’t great as a 2013 MMO.

Posted by: Schwarznebel.5693

Schwarznebel.5693

[Not a natural English speaker, sorry D’: ]

Gw2 can need more PvP, yes. But it lacks everything. I think that GW2 is a great game but it feels like an awesome movie with a sudden bad ending. It isn’t short at all (heck look how many hours you spent inside already!) but it FEELS short. I guess it is because the leveling was really fun and then you’d like to have fun doing ore but there isn’t that huge amount of content left after reaching lv.80. If you farm for the legendary, level&equip a few alts, do the fractals and do WvWvW, have a guild and do the missions then I think you indeed have a good game. But people whom are barely PvP-active, have no guild/don’t play much with it, who don’t like puzzles or exploring areas, who don’t like new short events like the living story things and who don’t level&equip alts… whom maybe are not even interested in a legendary, yes, they have nothing to do!
I think that 100% “just for fun” things like housing and building a guild hall/or even island would solve this problem. You’d have to buy furniture with karma, gold, guild marks, craft it, find it with rare drops, buy some via gems (which might need gold farming), buy some with laurels, maybe even needing dungeon marks. Things that take a lot of time to built up, similar to the legendary but not being reduced to “just another nice skin” – that alone would really change much.
… and for PvP-fans we could need a more advanced WvWvW (The traps are a good step in that direction already) with equipping the castles, having something like moveable canons etc. maybe, and –of course- Guild vs Guild and more PvP modes would be great.
But I’m sure that all of this will follow. Imo, I’m happy because I have barely time to play. All content that pops up is enough for me to do and there is still much left for me to do. But I pity the hardcore/more active players, I can understand why they get bored.
(Yet I have guild members who were ingame for 2000+ hours already and never heard them complaining for “lack of content”. Not for a single day. So some people are happy actually :> )

Maybe that’s why I’m happy to hear there might come a big add-on. If the missing systems (And a party finder, pelase, for the poor people who have no big guild and want to do dungeons!) are added, then I see no reason to even doubt this game deserves place one. The amount of fun I have with GW2 is at least the biggest of all MMORPGs I’ve ever played, but of course everybody has their likes and dislikes.

(The only thing I can agree with is that I miss the GW1 skill system a bit. I’d like to have different skills for weapons and choose some by myself. Even when there are just two options for a slot, I’d really make the character skilling more interesting.)

(edited by Schwarznebel.5693)

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

MMORPG.com LOL

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Because PvP in other games is very base off of PvE to the point of P2W for the F2P games in GW2 pvp is pre made sets. As for WvW what about larges scale battles do you not understand. If you want to call them zerg so be it but that the idea it is a WORLD vs WORLD not random small groups vs other random small groups and its not 1v1. Your asking for a LoL like pvp more then likely and that is entirely comply different game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Vayne.8563

I’m surprised rift didn’t make the list. I’ve never played it, but i’ve heard its a pretty good game and its going f2p soon.

Not suprised at all that WoW wasn’t on there. It is literally hemorrhaging subs. It’s lost over a million since the expansion came out, and that’s when it was already down a couple million. It may be the greatest MMO of all time, but it isn’t great as a 2013 MMO.

If you read the comments on the thread, someone asked about it and there was a response. Apparently the Storm Legion upgrade wasn’t all that well received and Rift is pretty much a dead zone right now. That’s why they’re going F2P.

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Haters gonna hate.

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

Real pvp or me would be a structure like wow arena, i know wow sucks atm with bursting peeps down in 4 secs etc to much cc and 1 shot macos, but a similar system
would be fab in gw2.

Something with a small map area a few places to los, a good balance between toons and perhaps a rating system.

I loved random arena in gw1 and jq, in gw2 sometimes it feels a bit of a zerg rush this i dont like.

I think using wow as an example in pvp in it’s current state is a big no. If you run an Spvp match then yes it can be very zergy. Tpvp on the hand is quite stable.

Farzo.8410

would be fab in gw2.

I think using wow as an example in pvp in it’s current state is a big no. If you run an Spvp match then yes it can be very zergy. Tpvp on the hand is quite stable.

I agree.

Using World of Warcraft as an example in its current state for PvP is pretty weird.

I never liked Arena in World of Warcraft, but I wouldn’t mind it in Guild Wars 2, it could be really fun, specially with the use of combo fields.

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Anet has done a good job. The strange thing is people won’t really appreciate all the little things in the game until they play another game. Then they will realize it when they don’t have it. Mad rush to to the forums to complain about the new game while saying ..well GW2 did it this way !

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

If you read the comments on the thread, someone asked about it and there was a response. Apparently the Storm Legion upgrade wasn’t all that well received and Rift is pretty much a dead zone right now. That’s why they’re going F2P.

Rift has been a favorite of mine for a long time. GW2 was a game to play while taking a break.
That being said, my impression of Rift from this past week of playing again, is quite different from the “dead zone” you described. The Guardian side areas I was in (Sanctum, Silverwood, Gloamwood, Scarwood reach, etc.) were all much the same as they were from back in the first few months of launch. Lots of people in Sanctum/Silverwood, fewer in Gloamwood, and fewer again in Scarwood. But there were people there.
I compare Scarwood Reach (Three Springs server) in Rift to Timberline Falls (Yak’s Bend) in GW2 and I see GW2 as the game that has fewer players. I’ve roamed for an hour or so in Timberline Falls and seen no-one. Yet in Scarwood, I’ve never really had a problem getting help removing invaders (especially near Kain’s command post).

Perhaps it is an issue of server population, but, again, I have to disagree that Rift is a dead zone (at least on the Guardian side. Perhaps the Defiant side is suffering?)

I had to laugh at your comment earlier about Perfect World. I’ve played a character up to 62 in that game, and it is my personal opinion that GW2 beats them out for cash shop herding. The most money I spent in that game was on materials for crafting items, and it’s not that those materials weren’t available due to stupid RNG and DR mechanics, it was just that I didn’t care to spend hours at a spawn spot trying to beat bots to materials. In GW2 your options are: Grind CoF Path 1 for gold to buy mats, or pay cash to buy mats. Otherwise you are stuck running all over the map to avoid DR only to get about 2 needed drops every half hour, and nodes don’t respawn for a long time.

Just my opinion based on my experience.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Vayne.8563

Rift has been a favorite of mine for a long time. GW2 was a game to play while taking a break.
That being said, my impression of Rift from this past week of playing again, is quite different from the “dead zone” you described. The Guardian side areas I was in (Sanctum, Silverwood, Gloamwood, Scarwood reach, etc.) were all much the same as they were from back in the first few months of launch. Lots of people in Sanctum/Silverwood, fewer in Gloamwood, and fewer again in Scarwood. But there were people there.
I compare Scarwood Reach (Three Springs server) in Rift to Timberline Falls (Yak’s Bend) in GW2 and I see GW2 as the game that has fewer players. I’ve roamed for an hour or so in Timberline Falls and seen no-one. Yet in Scarwood, I’ve never really had a problem getting help removing invaders (especially near Kain’s command post).

Perhaps it is an issue of server population, but, again, I have to disagree that Rift is a dead zone (at least on the Guardian side. Perhaps the Defiant side is suffering?)

I had to laugh at your comment earlier about Perfect World. I’ve played a character up to 62 in that game, and it is my personal opinion that GW2 beats them out for cash shop herding. The most money I spent in that game was on materials for crafting items, and it’s not that those materials weren’t available due to stupid RNG and DR mechanics, it was just that I didn’t care to spend hours at a spawn spot trying to beat bots to materials. In GW2 your options are: Grind CoF Path 1 for gold to buy mats, or pay cash to buy mats. Otherwise you are stuck running all over the map to avoid DR only to get about 2 needed drops every half hour, and nodes don’t respawn for a long time.

Just my opinion based on my experience.

Anyone who wants to farm specific materials is going about it the wrong way. Play the game, make money playing the game, buy what you need. It’s pretty simple.

I don’t farm CoF path 1 (though I’ve run it a few times). I do fractals. I do other dungeons. I do WvW. I do dynamic events. I run around doing dragons sometimes, or just help guildies.

And I make money. More slowly than a farmer, because I’m not personally in a rush….but I get what I need.

The problem is, everyone wants everything fast, and they’re convinced farming is the way to get it. Not in this game.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Age of Wushu was AMAZING by way of gameplay. I played the headstart/open beta for almost its entirety… but eventually got turned off by the company running it. Money grubbing doesn’t begin to cut it. Everything about that game is designed to bring in another dime, and the way the skill system is set up it’s a true “pay to win”. (sure sure, it only “speeds up” your training… but when it would take a payer 3 weeks to reach max and a non-payer over 6 months to reach max? Yea, that’s a little iffy…)

Darkfall: Unholy Wars would have been awesome, if anyone but adventurine was in charge. I love the idea of DF, and having been a huge Shadowbane fan I was dying to get my hands on it. But they repeated the same mistake from DF1 and released the game half finished… even openly admitted it. I don’t mean half finished as in “Oh there are some bugs”, I mean it as in “Oh half the classes in the game don’t even have most of their skills!”. Though there are also a ton of bugs lol.

TOS looked fun, has a pretty devoted fanbase… but I couldn’t bring myself to play it. One day I will, though.

Same goes for Neverwinter.

The TORTanic, despite having the best graphics 2006 had to offer, is a good choice for that list now that it’s free.

EVE Online I definitely agree with. <3 EVE.

But that #1 slot… wow. I dunno wtf that Guild Wars 2 crap is. Never heard of it. Wonder how a no name game like that with prolly only like 2 players in its playerbase even made the list. Gah, reporters these days.

Tolmos.8395

I loved Rift. Kept a sub open from day 1 of headstart until a few months ago… but for me, the expansion killed it. Pre-xpac I LOVED it, but now I just can’t motivate myself to log in anymore :-\

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

I cant believe SWTOR is on this list. This “MMO” is a total joke. I wonder how much bioware/ea paid for it.

Tolmos.8395

I cant believe SWTOR is on this list. This “MMO” is a total joke. I wonder how much bioware/ea paid for it.

It cost ~$200,000,000 to make.

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Yup, but when you play it you have no idea what on earth they did with that cash. This game is below medicore.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Yup, but when you play it you have no idea what on earth they did with that cash. This game is below medicore.

Lucasarts Licensing Fees: $190,000,000
Everything Else: $10,000,000

But, seriously, it’s not a bad game, it’s just that it was made by people who didn’t know much about how to make an MMO. I’ve played it, and the two KOTOR games, and it plays like a single player game that was about 70% finished before they decided to staple MMO stuff to it.

It’s hard to find fault with them for doing it, I suspect it had something to do with EA taking over Bioware, but not sure about the timing. Either way, someone who doesn’t have a lot of experience with MMOs would look at WoW’s profit margins, and realize that with multiple generations of Star Wars fans, an MMO version of the already-popular KOTOR franchise would continue bringing in money for years as anyone who cancels a sub would have three people waiting behind him to sign up.

But, you can’t turn a single player game into an MMO. At least not very easily… GW2 is the closest they’ve come, and it was built from the ground up as an almost traditional MMO.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

That SWToR spot made me realize that this list is a joke. That game is the worst garbage I ever downloaded. And this is coming from a big ME fan.

Farzo.8410

That SWToR spot made me realize that this list is a joke. That game is the worst garbage I ever downloaded. And this is coming from a big ME fan.

Because Mass Effect is totally Star Wars.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

Because Mass Effect is totally Star Wars.

I don’t know what you’re implying. Yes, Bioware did a much better job with Mass Effect..from the planets to the story…than star wars. I know, I know…comprehension is hard sometimes.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I’m not surprised it is a decent game on some levels though they lack in the pvp department on balancing. There fear is not trying to make certain professions builds godlike in pvp which I highly doubt will happen.

Too much counters

Pineapples

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

RF Online PvP and Chip War (yes it was a grief fest but it was also fun)