Mabon Market event: Please tweak it

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Okay, so it’s not a major problem, just an annoyance twinned with inconvenience. Mabon Market is a crafting hub, and the F.O.O.L. event locks down the crafting stations. Which would’ve been fair enough if it wasn’t so incredibly drawn out. Please tweak the required number of escaped experiments so we can craft in peace without wasting up to 15-20 minutes chasing down those F.O.O.L.s!

And yes, I know, you can always teleport somewhere else and continue there (but you have to say goodbye to the Black Lion Trader you’ve summoned), but that doesn’t change the fact that this event is ridiculously grindy right now. It is also the first crafting station many Sylvari newbies encounter in the game (unless they double back to the grove from the very beginning, but the way the game is presented to newbies via the event/exploration compass, you’re encouraged to explore Caledon first), and it’s so easy for them to miss it altogether because of the never-ending F.O.O.L. event.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Mhm, even I’ll agree that this event needs an off-switch, like an active scaling limit to reduce the time this event runs for. If it were based away from the market then it probably wouldn’t be so bad, but as it is right now it makes things incredibly inconvenient when this event does pop.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree. I think it’s the only starter-area crafting town that gets shut down at all for events, let alone so often. Worse, it’s an asura-based event in a sylvari zone.

Though that could be deliberate, to make sylvari players dislike the asura, thus feeding into the fact that the races’ first meeting went so horribly wrong for the sylvari …. nah. It’s just a pesky interruption to what should be a useful location for new crafters and people wanting bank access.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

100 times all of this above ^^^^^^^^^

Seriously.

This event is annoying and needs to not cut off access to the crafting tables.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I fully support this. Too many times have I gone to Mabon to do some banking or crafting and had to chase things around. It just takes so looooong.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I don’t think the event is as much of a problem as the “shutdown” of access to crafting and bank while the event is going on. If the crafting tables weren’t disabled during the event, there would be no real issue.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t think the event is as much of a problem as the “shutdown” of access to crafting and bank while the event is going on. If the crafting tables weren’t disabled during the event, there would be no real issue.

Then the crafters would be scaling up the event without lifting a finger to end it. I don’t think that would end well…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

But I love hearing a friend of mine rage about it. =/

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Then the crafters would be scaling up the event without lifting a finger to end it. I don’t think that would end well…

…you got me there. Hadn’t considered scaling.

Maybe they could change the event so we dance for the experiments instead? </sarc>

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

…you got me there. Hadn’t considered scaling.

Maybe they could change the event so we dance for the experiments instead? </sarc>

Now that would be something to see lol

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

All it needs is a smaller number of experiments to catch, really. It seems to me that they used the same numbers as regular item gathering events, where they’re either lying around the area or at least you can take several of them from mobs before returning to the NPC. In this case, you have to fetch them one by one, and I suspect they didn’t factor that.