Macros and ToS

Macros and ToS

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dronikal.8150

dronikal.8150

Q:

Does macros violate ToS?What I mean is I have a Logitech G502 mouse and the driver allows me to create macro keys for example rotation so I don’t have to cramp my hand every time I have to dps something.

Macros and ToS

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

They only allow macros used to play music instruments

Macros and ToS

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

From sticky on top of the forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros

Macros
Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.
This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.

Macros and ToS

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I like how they say that players are permitted to use macros and then say that macros are not allowed in a single sentence.

Macros and ToS

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

“Macros” (i.e. an automated series of keystrokes) are not permitted, other than to play musical instruments.

You are permitted to rebind your keys to the mouse though.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Macros and ToS

Posted by: Gondolph.7201

Gondolph.7201

I sometimes just wished to have emoticons on a single key, like <ET>/salute<ET>

“Often those who call me a hero speak solely of my battle prowess
and know nothing of the principles that guide my blades.”

Macros and ToS

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The key phrase here is “one keystroke per action.”

That directly answers the OPs question about macroing a dps rotation – it would definitely violate the game’s TOS.

Macros and ToS

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I sometimes just wished to have emoticons on a single key, like <ET>/salute<ET>

I agree, they should lift the ban with regard to chat pane interactions.

It would also be helpful for WvW commanders to hotkey chat instructions to their squad/map as well as in unorganized PvP (where voice chat isn’t present).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Macros and ToS

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The likelihood of someone getting punished for adding a macro that types out a chat phrase is nil. ANet’s concerned about people skipping the “playing” part of “gameplay”. If you don’t want the repetitive rotation of chronotank or hate stacking might, find a different prof or build.

But I can’t imagine ANet will care if you want to ask for a rez using a silly macro that types out:

/p Red Robin is DOWN! Repeat, Red Robin is DOWN!"

(well, assuming one doesn’t brag about it on the forums or reddit — they might be willing to let stuff go, but they sometimes will have to crack down if something is in their face and publicized)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”