Macros and instruments

Macros and instruments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Hi all

I heard we are allowed to use macros to play instruments in-game, and that this will not result in a ban if this is all they are used for.

Is this true? I haven’t been able to find an official post saying it. Also, how would A-net know that’s all we are using it for?

Many thanks

Macros and instruments

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/audio/Sad-truth-of-playing-the-ingame-instruments/4546267

Also, how would A-net know that’s all we are using it for?

They wouldn’t, unless you were doing something completely different, like automating gameplay.

Macros and instruments

Lord Krilik.3692

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/audio/Sad-truth-of-playing-the-ingame-instruments/4546267

Also, how would A-net know that’s all we are using it for?

They wouldn’t, unless you were doing something completely different, like automating gameplay.

Thanks Helix

I was worried that if I used macros to play music, A-net would falsely think I was using them for other means – Ie, they wouldn’t be able to tell me apart from someone macroing combat.

Macros and instruments

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, unless you are in combat while playing your instrument with a macro, your combat log probably sits idle.

I don’t think you have to worry about being mistaken for being in combat if you are not.

Good luck.

Macros and instruments

Lord Krilik.3692

Sorry I feel I need to ask another question on this. The linked thread is locked so I can’t do it there.

I assume it’s absolutely ok for me to set up a macro so that when I hit 1 single hotkey, the whole song will play out? I.e I can macro a full script for the instrument?

The macro rules say you can only do 1 macro per key-press, but those are related to getting an advantage over others in combat.

I just really want to be completely certain before I do it.

Macros and instruments

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

As long as its for the instruments, you are fine.